Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > PowWows.com Contests, Poll, and Games PowWows.com Arcade Challenge PowWows.com Arcade Challenge

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-04-2004, 08:58 AM   #1
Webmaster

Items PresentUser Name Style ChangeSteal PointsCake
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,940.82
Savings: 0.00
PowWows.com Arcade Challenge

Are you addicted to the Arcade? Are you spending your whole day at work trying to get one more line at Tetris?

Time for the first PowWows.com Arcade Challenge!

The challenge is open to the first 30 people that respond to this thread. The tournament will begin after we have 30 people registered.

After we have everyone registered, I'll randomly draw for matchups, and I'll publish the brackets for the tournament. I'll also randomly assign a game to each pair in the bracket.

Once the brackets are published, you'll see who you are matched up against and what game you have to play. For each round I'll post the deadline for the games to be completed. The two people in each pair are responsible for issuing an arcade challenge for that game and posting the results in this thread. If the pair hasn't posted by the deadline, they will both be elminated from the challenge.

After each round I'll update the brackets and assign a new set of games.

Depending on the response, this could become a regular tournament.

The prizes are as follows:

1st Place
100,000 Points
Custom Championship Icon in your profile

2nd Place
50,000 Points

3rd Place
25,000 Points
Paul G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-05-2004, 04:16 PM   #2
Notoriou'sly'

La + * Mom is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 180.00
Lol

Paul - I thought you were writing the first two lines just to me!!! j/k sign me up as an arcade junkie!
Old 08-07-2004, 01:10 AM   #3
a.k.a Numunu1971

Kio-Manche has a reputation beyond repute
Kio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 50.00
sign me up paul...shoot...a chance for 100,000 pts.!!! Dang.!!! this is better than World Poker Tour!!!
Old 08-09-2004, 05:05 PM   #4
Flat E!

Emmy has a reputation beyond repute
Emmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,133.61
Savings: 1.00
hmmm....

~Flat Beat~
Emmy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-10-2004, 11:17 AM   #5
Webmaster

Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmy
hmmm....
Does that mean you want in?
Old 08-10-2004, 12:42 PM   #6
Flat E!

Emmy has a reputation beyond repute
Emmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond reputeEmmy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,133.61
nope cuz half those games i dont know ow to play...like poker...and the bmx trick game the hulk game, the glider game in fact all that new stuff! :D

~Flat Beat~
Emmy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-10-2004, 02:29 PM   #7
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 829.86
i'll try to play whatever, though i only like to play blackjack, poker and mini-golf. i pity whoever gets hooked up with me, in the arcade challenge that is. But i'll give it my best shot and hope i'm not working when you decide the time. I work for sure on Fridays, (hint), other times i make my own hours. can i tell my life story here?...jk
middle of the sky is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-11-2004, 03:44 PM   #8
UNBELIEVEABLE!

taani has a spectacular aura about
Credits: 2,358.18
I'm in!
taani is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-12-2004, 04:44 PM   #9
Webmaster

Ok so far we have:

Paul G
LaxstarMom
Numunu1971
middle of the sky
tanni
Old 08-12-2004, 04:45 PM   #10
Webmaster

Plenty of spots left!

We'll start the contest when we have 30 people or by August 31.
Old 08-12-2004, 05:08 PM   #11
Junior Dancer

Ojipelodoba is a name known to all
Credits: 0.00
OK sign me up..But I probably won't last long..hmmmm..where have I heard that before???:rtf:
Ojipelodoba is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-12-2004, 05:38 PM   #12
*JiNgLe DaNcEr*

Jingling_In_Stars has a reputation beyond reputeJingling_In_Stars has a reputation beyond repute
Jingling_In_Stars has a reputation beyond reputeJingling_In_Stars has a reputation beyond reputeJingling_In_Stars has a reputation beyond reputeJingling_In_Stars has a reputation beyond reputeJingling_In_Stars has a reputation beyond reputeJingling_In_Stars has a reputation beyond reputeJingling_In_Stars has a reputation beyond reputeJingling_In_Stars has a reputation beyond reputeJingling_In_Stars has a reputation beyond reputeJingling_In_Stars has a reputation beyond reputeJingling_In_Stars has a reputation beyond reputeJingling_In_Stars has a reputation beyond reputeJingling_In_Stars has a reputation beyond reputeJingling_In_Stars has a reputation beyond reputeJingling_In_Stars has a reputation beyond reputeJingling_In_Stars has a reputation beyond reputeJingling_In_Stars has a reputation beyond reputeJingling_In_Stars has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,161.10
oooOOooo Sign me up. . . I'm up for the Challenge!!
At some point, you have to make a decision. Boundaries don't keep other people out. They fence you in. Life is messy. That's how we're made. So, you can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them. . .
Jingling_In_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-15-2004, 05:20 AM   #13
PowWows.com Addicts

Yelloweyes has a reputation beyond reputeYelloweyes has a reputation beyond reputeYelloweyes has a reputation beyond reputeYelloweyes has a reputation beyond reputeYelloweyes has a reputation beyond reputeYelloweyes has a reputation beyond reputeYelloweyes has a reputation beyond reputeYelloweyes has a reputation beyond reputeYelloweyes has a reputation beyond reputeYelloweyes has a reputation beyond reputeYelloweyes has a reputation beyond reputeYelloweyes has a reputation beyond reputeYelloweyes has a reputation beyond reputeYelloweyes has a reputation beyond reputeYelloweyes has a reputation beyond reputeYelloweyes has a reputation beyond reputeYelloweyes has a reputation beyond reputeYelloweyes has a reputation beyond reputeYelloweyes has a reputation beyond reputeYelloweyes has a reputation beyond reputeYelloweyes has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Okay I'll play.
Yelloweyes is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-15-2004, 10:51 AM   #14
Like my new toy?

Privateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond reputePrivateer6 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 30.00
Add me to the list
Privateer6 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-15-2004, 11:10 AM   #15
Webmaster

Ok here's the list so far:

Paul G
LaxstarMom
Numunu1971
middle of the sky
tanni
Ojipelodoba
Jingling_In_Stars
Yelloweyes
GJJudd
Old 08-23-2004, 11:54 AM   #16
Webmaster

Still time to join in!!
Old 09-01-2004, 10:59 AM   #17
Webmaster

Ok, we're ready to start. Since there is an odd number, I'm not going to play.

Here are the 1st round pairings.

Numunu1971 vs. LaxstarMom

middle of the sky vs. Jingling_In_Stars

GJJudd vs. Yelloweyes

tanni vs. Ojipelodoba

The game for the first round is:

Minigolf v2
http://www.powwows.com/gathering/arc...play&gameid=85

Each pair is responsible for issuing a challenge through the arcade system and playing the game. The first round games must be completed by the end of the day on September 6th.

Please post the results of the games in this thread.
Old 09-01-2004, 10:11 PM   #18
UNBELIEVEABLE!

How?

How do you challenge?
Old 09-02-2004, 01:56 PM   #19
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by taani
How do you challenge?
Click on a person's username in a post and then click on Challenge in Arcade.
Old 09-03-2004, 10:43 AM   #20
UNBELIEVEABLE!

It's not allowing me to choose the game to challenge. (it's blank)

Help!
Sponsored Links