• 2 Post By Toolbox
  • 3 Post By wyo_rose
  • 1 Post By Toolbox

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > Tech Help Two Things Two Things

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-31-2013, 07:18 AM   #1
Head Dancer

Items TreePresentChange User Title
Spiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond repute
Spiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,795.44
Savings: 0.00
Two Things

I noticed that on the left hand side panel here some of the emoticons and pictures are not to be seen on my screen anymore, don't know if that is some irregularity from this site or if it's just me or something wrong with my computer.

The other thing is a warning I want to give out - beware of a nasty hijacker named r v z r - a . a k a m a i h d . net (I wrote the name with spaces for security reasons).

I guess I must have caught by downloading something. It redirects the browser to other websites and bombards you constantly opening new windows with unwanted advertisings.

I simply can't figure out how to get rid of this nasty thing as all those spy deleting programs are not free of charge which I simply cannot afford to buy and are often enough just another hoax. Any ideas how to successfully disable that nasty virus thing? Good help on this would be appreciated. Thank you.
Spiritflight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-31-2013, 09:00 AM   #2
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 71,318.40
To answer your first concern - some features have been removed and others glitched when a pug-in for the site was uninstalled a few days ago. See this thread for more information and to report other problems. All the LIKEs are Gone

As for your computer problem. Go to the following link and download a program call "Rkill". http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/ Use the link labeled "Download Now @BleepingComputer"to the right (beware of ads that look like download links that sometimes sit on the top of the page). NEXT run Rkill and let it do it's thing. Rkill is a rouge process killer that finds and stops potentially malicious programs that are currently running. Doing this will allow you to install and run normal anti-virus software. Rkill only takes about a minute or two depending on how your system is set up, it may take longer.

Once Rkill has done it's thing download and install the free version of MalwareBytes at http://www.malwarebytes.org Upon install it should ask you if you want to check for updates - UPDATE IT. Run the program and choose "Full Scan" and let it do it's thing. It may take several hours to run depending on how many files you have and how fast your system is in it's current state. If by the time you try to install MalwareBytes the installer quits or keeps getting blocked you may want to try to run Rkill again and as soon as it completes run the installer for MalwareBytes again. Once the scan is complete it will ask you want you want to do with what it finds and of course you should clean the infections.

Once all that stuff is done you can use a free AV program like AVG or Comodo.
http://download.cnet.com/AVG-AntiVir...-10320142.html
http://antivirus.comodo.com/
windanncer and Spiritflight like this.

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-31-2013, 10:00 AM   #3
3 down and 1 to go! lol

Items SwordPresentPresent
Chevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond repute
Chevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond reputeChevy_truckin_NDN has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,926.62
Savings: 1.00
^^^^ See, that was worth a like right there!

"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Dogs of War..."
Chevy_truckin_NDN is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-31-2013, 12:16 PM   #4
Head Dancer

Spiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond repute
Spiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond reputeSpiritflight has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolbox View Post
To answer your first concern - some features have been removed and others glitched when a pug-in for the site was uninstalled a few days ago. See this thread for more information and to report other problems. All the LIKEs are Gone

As for your computer problem. Go to the following link and download a program call "Rkill". http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/ Use the link labeled "Download Now @BleepingComputer"to the right (beware of ads that look like download links that sometimes sit on the top of the page). NEXT run Rkill and let it do it's thing. Rkill is a rouge process killer that finds and stops potentially malicious programs that are currently running. Doing this will allow you to install and run normal anti-virus software. Rkill only takes about a minute or two depending on how your system is set up, it may take longer.

Once Rkill has done it's thing download and install the free version of MalwareBytes at http://www.malwarebytes.org Upon install it should ask you if you want to check for updates - UPDATE IT. Run the program and choose "Full Scan" and let it do it's thing. It may take several hours to run depending on how many files you have and how fast your system is in it's current state. If by the time you try to install MalwareBytes the installer quits or keeps getting blocked you may want to try to run Rkill again and as soon as it completes run the installer for MalwareBytes again. Once the scan is complete it will ask you want you want to do with what it finds and of course you should clean the infections.

@Toolbox - thank you very much for your kind help - I will try if it works and report back.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:45 PM   #5
Head Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolbox View Post

Tollbox - So far eveything seems to work well with my computer now. Thanks again for the great help.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:22 PM   #6
I pull your leg out!

Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritflight View Post
Tollbox - So far eveything seems to work well with my computer now. Thanks again for the great help.
Glad it all worked out for you!
windanncer and Spiritflight like this.

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Old 11-27-2013, 12:50 PM   #7
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,045.53
Yep, thanks for the tips! Gonna pass that along to the multitude of folks that I talk to with mega virus problems.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:07 AM   #8
Head Dancer

Puzzled

Strange how things go - after all the help and things running well on that computer - what happened, a major crash - everything got destroyed on my rather new PC - windows completely shot to pieces, not even the boot manager was found anymore - all my work gone, all important things I had on it now gone forever - had to send in for repair. I don't know why or what happened, after I made a voice recording I unplugged the microphone and instantly a crazy beeping noise happened I had to unpluck the cable and when I restarted the pc everything was kaputt, not even a recovery cd worked, nothing. I am lucky enough to be able to use a very very old pc now for the time being but all my musical projects everything's gone. I don't know what I have done wrong by just unplugging the microphone, done it before and nothing bad happened.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:01 AM   #9
I pull your leg out!

Was the mic a USB mic or does it have one of those 3.5mm (1/8th inch) plug?
Spiritflight likes this.

Old 02-25-2014, 05:08 AM   #10
Head Dancer

The inch plug
Old 02-25-2014, 06:56 PM   #11
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,045.53
Someone should be able to hook your hard drive up as a 2nd (slave) hard drive and retrieve your projects/other data.

Good luck!