Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Memorials Hatak Yearby - Marine KIA Iraq Hatak Yearby - Marine KIA Iraq

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-15-2006, 11:12 AM   #1
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
momnotjon is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Hatak Yearby - Marine KIA Iraq

Hello,

Your administrator told me how to post this information. A young Marine from Marietta, OK was killed in Iraq on Saturday. He and his father, Justin Yearby, are Indian Dancers and I have seen that Hatak was listed by some as one of the favorite Indian dancers.

There is no word on when the services will be held but I will post again when there is news.

Please keep this Marine, his wife and his family in your prayers.

Sincerely,

Kathy Davis
Proud mom of LCpl Jon Davis, USMC
momnotjon is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-15-2006, 01:00 PM   #2
Pow Wow Visitor

ndn lady is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 70.00
Hatak

We heard the news yesterday. Are prayers and love goes out to his family.
ndn lady is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-15-2006, 01:08 PM   #3
Junior Dancer

Tlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,851.70
Much love and our prayers go out to you and your family and close loved ones.
Tlinkamoe is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-15-2006, 03:32 PM   #4
Pow Wow Visitor

sreederokla is an unknown quantity at this point
My Prayers To The Yearby Faimily. Mary And Justin Are The Nicest People That I Have Ever Met. I Am So Sorry For Your Loss. Hatak Was A Brave Marine And We Will Never Forget Him.

The Reeder Family-oklahoma City.
sreederokla is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-15-2006, 05:36 PM   #5
Pow Wow Visitor

book1998 is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 1,252.44
To Justin, Mary, and the Yearby Family, Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

The Bucher Family
book1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-15-2006, 08:51 PM   #6
Tiny Tot Dancer

ccreek10 is an unknown quantity at this point
My prayers go out to this dancing family. May God grant them the strength for what they are about to go through. We also found out about this Sunday.
ccreek10 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-16-2006, 02:07 AM   #7
Pow Wow Visitor

Condolences for Hatak's family

I will be making a memory book. It will have messages from Marine parents from all over the country. I would be honored to include a section from people on this board. If you want to send a letter or any pictures that you have of Hatak, I will place them in a section by itself. I talked to the Yearbys today. They are truly some of the nicest people I have ever met. I have never met more gracious people even though they are in deep mourning.

The services have not been announced. I will post here when they are.

Thank you,

Kathy
Proud mom of LCpl Jon

Grieving the loss of a noble Native American.

PS. I just learned that Hatak means Free Man.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:46 PM   #8
Contest Coordinator

Items Devil
ndnsooner has a reputation beyond repute
ndnsooner has a reputation beyond reputendnsooner has a reputation beyond reputendnsooner has a reputation beyond reputendnsooner has a reputation beyond reputendnsooner has a reputation beyond reputendnsooner has a reputation beyond reputendnsooner has a reputation beyond reputendnsooner has a reputation beyond reputendnsooner has a reputation beyond reputendnsooner has a reputation beyond reputendnsooner has a reputation beyond reputendnsooner has a reputation beyond reputendnsooner has a reputation beyond reputendnsooner has a reputation beyond reputendnsooner has a reputation beyond reputendnsooner has a reputation beyond reputendnsooner has a reputation beyond reputendnsooner has a reputation beyond reputendnsooner has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 3,417.91
Links

Here are some links for articles and interview on Hatak....

http://newsok.com/article/1844782/?template=home/main

http://www.tulsaworld.com/NewsStory....1_Marin24132_0

http://ww2.kxii.com/global/video/pop...l&rnd=66185435
ndnsooner is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-16-2006, 03:33 PM   #9
Pow Wow Visitor

powwow_chica49 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hatak Yearby a man who served his family, tribe and country well.

It was hard to hear the news when my phone rang this morning telling me that Hatak passed away over the weekend. I remember when I first met him and his family at a powwow in Texas about 6 years ago. Hatak and his family were the one of the nicest people one could meet at a powwow. They would treat you like family and if you were down they would take and bring your spirits up.

It was very hard for us when we first heard that Hatak was being shipped off to Iraq back in March. But we knew this is what he had to do and he wanted to show his support our country. We were also very very happy to hear about his marrage to Lindsey just before his shipping off. She's a lovely girl and knew they belonged together.

Our prayers go out to Lindsey his wife, Justin, Mary, Shema and the rest of his family. May god bless all of you in your time of need. We all know Hatak is in a good place and he will be missed by many.
powwow_chica49 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-16-2006, 04:02 PM   #10
Pow Wow Visitor

Ai-ni-chi-ho-yo is an unknown quantity at this point
Achukma Hatak Himita

My daughter, Jennifer Rowden Kemp, attended SOSU Upward Bound with Hatak and Lindsey Yearby and was dear friends with him. I was honored to have the opportunity to meet Hatak, and was very impressed with him. He was a very nice young man who had beautiful hair that matched his beautiful spirit. I wish I had been honored to see him dance, but I am positive that he is now dancing for the Great Spirit Chihowa. I will choose to take the only comfort I can find in this heart-breaking event, and that is that when I reach my final destination I will once again be honored to meet up with Hatak. My heart cries for his family and new wife, and I pray for a comfort that surpasses all understanding for you all.

Debi Clay, Ishke
Choctaw/Cherokee
Ai-ni-chi-ho-yo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-16-2006, 04:45 PM   #11
TEEN DANCER

cheyenne_lady08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hatak Yearby

my thoughts and prayers go out to Mary and Justin im sorry for your loss may the lord be with you and guide you through this Hatak was a very respectful man and a good dancer he will be remembered

"when you were born,you cried and the world rejoiced:live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice"
cheyenne_lady08 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-16-2006, 05:02 PM   #12
*~$RoBiN_cHaRm$~*

lil_native_plume_23 has a spectacular aura about
prayers to the yearby family

Justin and family you are in my prayers. i am truly honored to have known Hatak along with the family. they are a good family and dacners. i have mush respect for them.
always
Robin McClellan
lil_native_plume_23 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-16-2006, 07:37 PM   #13
Junior Dancer

Wakopataki is just really nice
Bless their hearts, for their loss, we are all greatful for his service to our country and hope for his family, a smile in their hearts as they think of him. Thank you and God bless you, your in our prayers.
Wakopataki is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-17-2006, 12:44 AM   #14
Pow Wow Visitor

indiangurl84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you

Now Hatak wasn't a close friend of mine but I know plenty of his friends and I am close with them. I want to thank each and everyone of you for your thoughts and prayers!!! The really do mean more than you know. And for the family from my brother Eric and I, our thoughts and prayers are with you from now until thereafter...Our country will always be endebted to your son! He took on a feat not many even think about and for that I am proud!
indiangurl84 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-17-2006, 01:27 AM   #15
Teen Dancer

Lakota_Lady is a glorious beacon of light
Credits: 755.51
My thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends. Hatak sounds like he was a very wonderful young man.
Lakota_Lady is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-17-2006, 02:44 PM   #16
Pow Wow Visitor

chiefy_greenwood is an unknown quantity at this point
Hatak Yuka Keyu was my little brother. It breaks my heart but I know he did what he wanted to. He was a warrior and as a little kid and young man danced the style of the warrior. He will never be forgotten. My brother loved life and loved his people just as much. When you needed something he did what he could to help out.
Mom, Dad, Lindsey, and Sisters are hurting now and I would like everyone to keep them in their prayers.
I know all the old warriors from past wars are proud of my little brother. He will be honored up in the sky and also here on earth. I loved him alot and will miss him dearly. Mvto
chiefy_greenwood is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-18-2006, 02:27 AM   #17
Tiny Tot Dancer

roundabout will become famous soon enough
Credits: 3,126.73
Hatak Yerby

Just heard, the funeral will be Monday May 22 11:00am at the Marietta High School. All of our love and prayers are with the family of this fine young man who gave his life for his country, we will be there to support the family. Justin and Mary and family, we love you.
roundabout is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-18-2006, 03:13 PM   #18
Eho Lokse

windywoman will become famous soon enough
Hatak

I was sad when I heard about Hatak, I couldn't stop crying. Through the pow wow vine our family also heard on Mother's Day. I have know this man since he was a child and feel as if I have lost a little brother. My heart as a mother goes out to his mother and father for the child they have lost and now have to bury before his time. My heart aches for Lindsay as a wife who has lost the love of her life. I cannot say how much I regret that I will never see his cheezy smile again, or hear his laughter. My prayers and sympathy go out to everyone who knew him and everyone's who's heart he touched. Never was there a more beautiful spirit in this world that touched so many, and brought so much happiness. He will truely be missed by all that danced beside him in the arena, that knew him outside the arena, and by those he sought to protect by being a Marine.

Chief Aupumut, Mohican. 1725

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home."
windywoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-18-2006, 04:02 PM   #19
THE Lakota Wiyan

Lakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond reputeLakota Wiyan has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you, also Marine, for what you do for us, and for giving us this information....We'll be praying for you as well.
Lakota Wiyan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-20-2006, 10:31 AM   #20
Pow Wow Visitor

Channel 9 Video

Channel 9 did a moving video on Hatak last night. Please check it out if you can.

http://newsok.com/video

You have to scroll down on the videos on the right to get to it but it wasn't hard to find.

thank you,

Kathy
Proud mom of LCpl Jon who was Hatak's friend.
Sponsored Links