Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree188Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Memorials In Loving Memory of those who passed on...... In Loving Memory of those who passed on......

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-17-2003, 02:52 PM   #21
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
WolfsBird is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I cannot begin to name all those friends I have lost just in the last few monthes.

All my family members who have gone on before me.

The one special person I will miss the most.

I've been taught much, learned alot, and hope to teach all that I've learned and hope that I am an asset to those whom lives have touched mine.

May they never be forgotten.
Ndnsoldierboy likes this.
WolfsBird is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-18-2003, 12:33 PM   #22
Not for the Weak & Timid

TaShunka Luta has a reputation beyond reputeTaShunka Luta has a reputation beyond repute
TaShunka Luta has a reputation beyond reputeTaShunka Luta has a reputation beyond reputeTaShunka Luta has a reputation beyond reputeTaShunka Luta has a reputation beyond reputeTaShunka Luta has a reputation beyond reputeTaShunka Luta has a reputation beyond reputeTaShunka Luta has a reputation beyond reputeTaShunka Luta has a reputation beyond reputeTaShunka Luta has a reputation beyond reputeTaShunka Luta has a reputation beyond reputeTaShunka Luta has a reputation beyond reputeTaShunka Luta has a reputation beyond reputeTaShunka Luta has a reputation beyond reputeTaShunka Luta has a reputation beyond reputeTaShunka Luta has a reputation beyond reputeTaShunka Luta has a reputation beyond reputeTaShunka Luta has a reputation beyond repute
In loving memory of my daughter who passed August 7th 1989, my husband who passed Dec 24th, 1994, my grandma who passed Dec 27th, 1999, my neice who passed in Dec 14th, 1999, and my brother, who was my best friend who passed March 23rd, 2002. I miss you all and think of you everyday - my tiospaye, most of it now is waiting for me in another world.
TaShunka Luta is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-18-2003, 05:20 PM   #23
Lost in NY

Ojidanowe is on a distinguished road
Credits: 90.00
My Son, David, who I lost on June 7,2003

He was 28 years old. He was a student at Buffalo State and was so excited about being in school. He loved school and he loved Buff State . He was on the deans list , and was a recipient of the McNair Scolarship.The amount of knowledge he possesed on so many levels was nothing if not astounding.

He was majoring in Earth Sciences and Geology and had chosen that because he loved it and thought he could give something back to the planet he loved. He loved animals and outdoors, in a way few do, since he was tiny.

My fondest memory will be, each and every time he came to my house he would get out of the car with this silly grin on his face and just smell the air and look around at the woods before he came up the stairs, each and every time. He was living in the city because of school and hated being away from the country. Often he would drive out here before dawn, after a particularly stressful week. He loved that time because everyone was still asleep and there were few cars on the road yet and the woods were totally peaceful. some guys go play pool, or have a beer or watch sports to chill and get centered. David went to the woods.

He was the only person I have ever seen that could find something positive in everything and everyone.

The thing I will miss most is the marathon talks we would have at least once a week if not more, about everything and anything. They would always last at least an hour and a half and most times much longer. We had one of those talks the night before he died in which he said he could not be happier about the way his life was going and the choices he had made about school. That is both a comfort and the opposite since he cannot actualize those choices.

He leaves behind a 22 year old widow, an older brother, aunts and uncles, cousins, his dad, his step father and more friends than could be imagined by the care his wife is being shown.

He touched more people than I ever could have imagined and more than one has told me he changed their lives by the ideas and things he caused them to think about.

He had a brilliant mind, a huge heart, a gentle soul, a child like innocence and sense of wonder and yet a wisdom beyond his years, not to mention being the most positive person I have ever seen. He fiercely loved his family and they were his main motivation in the choices and path he had chosen. These are not all the things that were David, just a few in fact. He is much, much more.

He was my baby and my best friend and he forever changed my life in both his coming and his leaving. I will miss him each and every moment of each and everyday I remain here.
Old 08-19-2003, 01:12 AM   #24
Pow Wow Visitor

TalkingTree is an unknown quantity at this point
For Tom Simmons, one of my favorite elders, who always had a smile and hand shake and story for my dad and me. Who was most likely a distant relative, but we never could find the right dates to prove it. A fantastic dancer himself, he was always encouraging me to dance every dance. I miss him at every gathering.

For my Grandmother Ruth Nadine Hill Thompson, and Grandfather Max Thompson, the grandparents I never got to meet. I wish I could've been able to hear the stories through their lips. I wish I had inherited my grandmother's beautiful black hair and eyes, but am glad my little sister at least got her eyes. Im glad to have known them at least through my father and his uncles and aunts.
TalkingTree is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-20-2003, 08:31 AM   #25
Arena Director

Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Smokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' Ace has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 110.00
In loving memory of my cousin Jody, who passed almost 20 years ago - we talked so much about you this past weekend...it was so good to remember - you touched so many lives in your young life - so young to die....you were my favorite and closest cousin. I hope that I can make you proud....
Smokin' Ace is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-20-2003, 08:36 AM   #26
The bear is out!

Items DevilTree
Tibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond repute
Tibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond reputeTibiki Kinew has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,915.95
In loving Memory of my Mother who died in March of 1996...breaking Grandmothers heart, that her only child would die before her. In 1998 Grandmother died of a broken heart, she refused to eat, so big was her loss.

Last edited by Tibiki Kinew; 08-20-2003 at 10:53 AM..
Tibiki Kinew is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-22-2003, 10:19 AM   #27
Experienced Dancer

acgal has a reputation beyond reputeacgal has a reputation beyond reputeacgal has a reputation beyond reputeacgal has a reputation beyond reputeacgal has a reputation beyond reputeacgal has a reputation beyond reputeacgal has a reputation beyond reputeacgal has a reputation beyond reputeacgal has a reputation beyond reputeacgal has a reputation beyond reputeacgal has a reputation beyond reputeacgal has a reputation beyond reputeacgal has a reputation beyond reputeacgal has a reputation beyond reputeacgal has a reputation beyond reputeacgal has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 20.00
In loving memory of my mother, Ida Little Charley Bullock. She was my strength and gave me the ambition to accomplish my dreams. For that I will always be greatful. In her honor, my newborn, Charley Ray-Ann, was named.

In loving memory of Bradley Walker and Lindsey Williams..... It has been a year since you left us but always remember that you will never be forgottened. You will always remain in my heart. The Creator takes his angels early and now you are with him.
Old 08-23-2003, 08:44 PM   #28
Teen Dancer

Jammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond reputeJammer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 220.00
In loving memory of all my friends and family members who have passed especially all my grandparents. Another birthday has come today, an alot of people no longer here to celebrate it with, although I know they are with me everyday and help me to better myself everyday. I know they will always know that I am thinking of them. I pray that my greatgrandmother knows that she is on my mind all the time, she has made me into the person I am today, I thank her for her memories she passed on, her songs and love in them, her strength and generosity, and most of all her ability to be humble to everyone and everything! You are forever remembered in my heart. I am also grateful for all those who even though I only met and knew shortly, helped me in my quest of knowledge and love. I am truely grateful to be alive and to have those around me whom mean the world to me.
Old 08-26-2003, 04:41 PM   #29
A Tiny Tots Mom

HolyElk has a reputation beyond repute
HolyElk has a reputation beyond reputeHolyElk has a reputation beyond reputeHolyElk has a reputation beyond reputeHolyElk has a reputation beyond reputeHolyElk has a reputation beyond reputeHolyElk has a reputation beyond reputeHolyElk has a reputation beyond reputeHolyElk has a reputation beyond reputeHolyElk has a reputation beyond reputeHolyElk has a reputation beyond reputeHolyElk has a reputation beyond reputeHolyElk has a reputation beyond reputeHolyElk has a reputation beyond reputeHolyElk has a reputation beyond reputeHolyElk has a reputation beyond reputeHolyElk has a reputation beyond reputeHolyElk has a reputation beyond reputeHolyElk has a reputation beyond reputeHolyElk has a reputation beyond reputeHolyElk has a reputation beyond reputeHolyElk has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 1.00
In Loving Memory of one of my good friends:

Darrick John Red Tomahawk (Wambdi Duta Hoksina)
Passed onto the Spirit World on Oct. 3, 2002

Darrick was a good friend to me! He is the uncle of my daughter.
Darrick was born on April 9, 1976

Darrick was a friendly, outgoing, and generous man. His unique personality and genuine humor created an atmosphere which everyone respected. Darrick's endeavor to pursue a college degree with an emphasis in Elementary Education was based on his enjoyment of interacting with children. Attending college fueled Darrick's natural talent for drawing and painting.

He is missed by many and will never be forgotten!
~~~~~~~~~~~~
As long as you keep a person down, some part of you is down there to hold that person down. So you don't soar higher than you want.

~~~CutHead Band of Sioux~~~

~~Native Pride~~

HolyElk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-26-2003, 04:45 PM   #30
A Tiny Tots Mom

HolyElk has a reputation beyond reputeHolyElk has a reputation beyond reputeHolyElk has a reputation beyond reputeHolyElk has a reputation beyond reputeHolyElk has a reputation beyond reputeHolyElk has a reputation beyond reputeHolyElk has a reputation beyond reputeHolyElk has a reputation beyond reputeHolyElk has a reputation beyond reputeHolyElk has a reputation beyond reputeHolyElk has a reputation beyond reputeHolyElk has a reputation beyond reputeHolyElk has a reputation beyond reputeHolyElk has a reputation beyond reputeHolyElk has a reputation beyond reputeHolyElk has a reputation beyond reputeHolyElk has a reputation beyond reputeHolyElk has a reputation beyond reputeHolyElk has a reputation beyond reputeHolyElk has a reputation beyond reputeHolyElk has a reputation beyond repute
In Loving Memory of the Uncle

Laidman Fox Sr.

Who journeyed to the Spirit World on Dec. 1, 2002 in Fort Totten, ND. He was born on May 8, 1929.

Laidman spoke of many things before he passed. He loved singing and pow-wows. He did many things for many people. He showed us that you don't have to be a great person to do great things. Laidman was a brave man, a warrior at heart. He has now went home to be with his family, but will be missed by all of us here. He is an Arikara from Fort Berthold but has lived in Fort Totten for 44 years and felt welcome and called Spirit Lake his home.

I miss my uncle very much and he is missed by all, especially the family.

RIP Uncle
~~~~~~~~~~~~
As long as you keep a person down, some part of you is down there to hold that person down. So you don't soar higher than you want.

~~Native Pride~~

Old 08-26-2003, 04:48 PM   #31
A Tiny Tots Mom

In Loving Memory of my aunt:

Mary Angeline Dunn Alberts

who journeyed to the Spirit World on Dec. 14, 2002.

Angeline was born on Jan. 18, 1939 in Fort Totten, ND She enjoyed being around her grandchildren and great-grandchildren. She enjoyed sewing, beadwork, canning, tanning hides, drying corn, making star quilts.

Miss you and you are not forgotten! RIP
~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~Native Pride~~

Old 08-26-2003, 05:00 PM   #32
A Tiny Tots Mom

Special Friend and Brother

In Loving Memory of Friend/Cousin/Brother

Tobias "Bio" Shaw

Journeyed to the Spirit World on March 8, 2003 at the age of 24. He was born on Oct. 4, 1978 in Devils Lake, ND. He was a member of the Spirit Lake Nation.

Tobias appreciated life, even at the time of his untimely passing he fought to extinguish flames saving other live in the process of losing his own. He will be deeply missed by all who knew him.

Rest Up Bro! :Angel2
~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~Native Pride~~

Old 08-27-2003, 11:41 AM   #33
Tiny Tot Dancer

hidatsa_princess is an unknown quantity at this point
In Loving Memory of My Home-Gyrl/Friend
Tracy Dawn MakesGood
July/82-Febuary/99

Trace its been 4 years now, i still think about that day you left, it was a sad day for all who knew you. Remember your adopted dad was going to take us to the movies? Well I still went with the girls. I hope you doing fine and take care of my baby boy, he's up there, somewhere!! Well Gyrl!! I LOVE and MISS U!!!

In Loving Memory of my Uncle Alex Graywater Sr
Passed on July12th 2002 at 11:47pm with all of his family by his side!! Which was hard to witness!! my Poor Uncle If I could I woulda tryied to bring you back but that was your plan to pass on with everyone by your side!!!!
Everyone Loves and Misses you like crazy, but there will be that day we are going to have to let you go so you can rest!! Grandma, she misses you the most. Theres not a day that goes by that she mentions your name. She's getting to that point were she see's you everyday and she thinks your in the kitchen but your really not. Well I LOVE YOU!!!!!
:Angel2
Old 08-27-2003, 12:27 PM   #34
A Tiny Tots Mom

In Loving Memory of my Kunshi's (Grandma's)
Alvina Alberts

Adeline Trottier

Gladys Peltier

Florence Seaboy

In Loving Memory of my Unkana's (Grandpa's)

George Alberts

Peter Belgarde Sr.

Laidman Fox Sr.

Elmer White Sr. May 31, 1936 to Feb. 20, 1999

IN LOVING MEMORY OF MY BID SISTER

Marie Hetty Belgarde

IN LOVING MEMORY OF MY FRIEND/ADOPTED BRO

Tobias Whalen Shaw

IN LOVING MEMORY OF MY MANY FRIENDS

Klo Red Fox - SLT

Tracy Makesgood - July 8, 1982 to Feb. 27, 1999

Kenny Barker - Minot, ND

Darrick John Red Tomahawk - Lived on SLnation

Dion Horse - a pow-wow friend

IN LOVING MEMORY OF MY AUNTS

Theresa Belgarde - Spirit Lake Nation

Ann Mae Belgarde-Longie - Spirit Lake Nation

Shirley Belgarde - July 16, 1938 to April 11, 1999

IN LOVING MEMORY OF MY COUSINS

Joel Longie - Rest Up Cuz!:Angel2 - Spirit Lake Nation

William "Boy" Longie - Spirit Lake Nation

David Smith Jr. - Bismarck, ND March 10, 1979 to Dec. 22, 2000

Todd Belgarde Jr.

IN LOVING MEMORY OF MY BRO-IN-LAW

Brad Twobears - Cannonball, ND
~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~Native Pride~~

Last edited by HolyElk; 08-27-2003 at 02:55 PM..
Old 08-27-2003, 09:32 PM   #35
Tiny Tot Dancer

hidatsa_princess is an unknown quantity at this point
OKAY SOME MO TO ADD TO MY LIST...... REST IN PEACE.....:Angel2

CECILIA "GRANDMA" RAINBOW PASSED ON 12/1993

CURTIS "SQUEEZE" ABRAHAM PASSED ON 2/11/1998

MY CLASSMATES:

TRACY MAKESGOOD- FEBUARY 1999 SPIRIT LAKE

SAMPSON THOMPSON- FEBUARY 1999 SPIRIT LAKE

TOBIAS SHAW- MARCH 2003 SPIRT LAKE

KLO GOURD- NOVEMBER 2002 SPIRIT LAKE

CANDICE HARRISON SHE MADE IT TO 1ST GRADE SPIRIT LAKE

MATTHEW LAFFERTY MAY 2000 BELCOURT

JUSTIN STRAIGHT:Angel2 ---MARCH 2003 SPIRIT LAKE

:Angel2 TO MY BABY :Angel2 JUNE 6TH 2001- WISH YOU WAS HERE WITH ME! XOXOXOXOXOX:Angel2

AUNT MARIE LENOIR 6/27/94

JOHN RAYMOND GOODSOLDIER- 3/93 TO 7-3-02 XOXO:Angel2

ROBERT REDROAD SR - NOVEMBER/2002

YANA RUNNINGBEAR :Angel2 1995
Old 08-29-2003, 12:51 AM   #36
Tiny Tot Dancer

goose has a reputation beyond reputegoose has a reputation beyond reputegoose has a reputation beyond reputegoose has a reputation beyond reputegoose has a reputation beyond reputegoose has a reputation beyond reputegoose has a reputation beyond reputegoose has a reputation beyond reputegoose has a reputation beyond reputegoose has a reputation beyond reputegoose has a reputation beyond reputegoose has a reputation beyond reputegoose has a reputation beyond reputegoose has a reputation beyond reputegoose has a reputation beyond reputegoose has a reputation beyond repute
My dad, Ronnie Harris

Just a few lines to acknowledge my dad, Ronnie Harris, Sr.
When he passed away last year, I was too hurt to even see his name, much less mention him on the internet.
But now I see how others are just like me, still missing that special someone in their lives that made them stronger, wiser and probably better than they ever would have been without that person setting the example.
My dad was someone who totally and completely believed in his children, and gave support in all that we did. He introduced us into the arena, and paved a way for us to follow. He was an excellent straight dancer, classic is the word I think of.
I never appreciated his talent for dancing until he could no longer dance, or even walk.
He taught us how to pray, and we were raised in the Native American church. To this day, I still feel his spirit when we take part in a meeting.
To my dad, there is a song called "I believe" by Diamond Rio that will make me cry everytime I hear it. Also, "The wind beneath my wings', was sung at his wake.
On the pow wow side, he has a song and he had given it to the drum years ago. Southern boys have that song down pat. And they sing it,as does Scissortail. Scissortail sang his song at St. Croix this year and made it sound awesome.
So, when you pray for those who still miss thier loved one, think of us. We are moving on, but still looking over our shoulder for that special person that always stood behind us.
Sandy
goose is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-29-2003, 01:39 AM   #37
StrongWillowsSister

WolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond repute
Mouse Corral ( you are truley missed)
WolfTears is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-29-2003, 03:06 AM   #38
BlueWolf

bluewolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy

In memory of my Brother---whom I lost 06 Jan 88....even after all these years, I still miss him.....and I still dream about him....in my dreams, I'm always so happy to see him and I ALWAYS ask him the same question....'Where have you been? Everyone has been looking for you!' Only he never says anything to me.....only smiles.

Something I wrote 10 years ago to him, because I still felt the pain......and I still do.......

5 Long Years---A Letter

Bro,

It's been 5 long years now, since you left,
and I still haven't accepted your Death.
Talking about you is so hard to do,
without crying tears of loneliness for you.
A pain arises in my soul so great,
and it takes awhile for the pain to abate.
It's really hard to say your name without being hurt,
but damn it!! Why'd you have to leave me Curt?
The tears that I cry are tears of pain,
cause I know that I'll never see you again,
except in my dreams where it's easy to deal
with the pain that I have 'cause you seem so real.
5 long years and I've finally realized,
the denial that I've kept since the day you died.
Many, many times I've asked myself 'Why?,
why'd it have to be you who had to die?'
As I write this I'm holding back my tears
of pain, denial and frustrations of 5 long years.
I remember the times, of the fun we had,
You and I together, through good times and bad.
We were there together looking out for one another,
Then---in just an instant---I'm without a Brother.
I feel the loss of you 'cause now I'm the only Son,
I'm denied the joy of having a Brother, and envy those who have one.
As my tears fill my eyes, I finally allow myself to cry,
but after 5 long years, it's still hard to say goodbye...
Old 08-29-2003, 03:19 AM   #39
StrongWillowsSister

WolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond reputeWolfTears has a reputation beyond repute
I hear ya BlueWolf , that was beautiful .
I miss my sister so much I cant even talk about it .
I fill my days with beading ...pattern hunting an more beading . She was my best friend . True friend . But I still talk to her everyday she hears me I am sure.
WolfTears is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-29-2003, 08:13 AM   #40
Pow Wow Visitor

kiowawarrior31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile memorials

Last edited by kiowawarrior31; 04-16-2008 at 12:33 AM..
kiowawarrior31 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links