Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Memorials R.I.P.  To my great-grandparents R.I.P. To my great-grandparents

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-28-2004, 10:37 AM   #1
Junior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
luvlumbee is a jewel in the rough
Credits: 160.00
Savings: 0.00
R.I.P. To my great-grandparents

Within the last three weeks I have lost both my great-grandmother and great-grandfather. I knew that my great-grandfather was ill and in the hospital for a few months but my great-grandmother died of pnemonia and I didn't get a chance to say goodbye. It was amazing to be able to enjoy spending time with them. I learned alot and appreciate the time that I have spent with them both. My great-grandmother was the niece of Henry Berry Lowrie. She didnt share to much but what she did--I cherish. My great-grandfather was fiesty LOL! and cursed up a storm. He was a very handsome man to be so old. Seeing pictures of him young...I see how he ended up having so many children. Anyways, I didnt think it would be so tough losing them but geez, I miss them both. I made trips down to Carolina three times a year just to spend time with them. Well I just wanted to get this out in hopes of it helping me cope.
It was hard finding a picture of my great-grandma (she didnt believe in taking pictures) but I know some family members managed to sneak a few and im working on getting them now. But here is my great-grandfather Buster Hunt. R.I.P.

http://www.powwows.com/galleries/sho...t/last7/page/1

Last edited by luvlumbee; 06-28-2004 at 10:47 AM..
luvlumbee is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-28-2004, 12:15 PM   #2
meeeeeeeeeeee

Plenty Fox has a reputation beyond repute
Plenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond reputePlenty Fox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
God bless your great-grands! I never met mine. What a treasure that must've been for you! I am sorry for your loss but hope you enjoy and cherish the wonderful memories of them. Can you imagine the changes they saw during their lifetime? Man...

The Creator said, "A foreign race of white people will come, who will become your friends. You should treat them well."

The Creator sure had a strange sense of humor!

Plenty Fox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-28-2004, 09:38 PM   #3
Honey Connoissuer

Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 546.23
Savings: 1.00
I'm very sorry for your loss. You were fortunate to have them and for such a good portion of your life! The only great grandparent I got to know was my paternal grandmother's dad and he was a fun one! But I was still small when he died.... just grateful to have the memories. Your ggrandpa was a handsome man!!