Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > Jokes and Humor You Might Be From the Rez if... You Might Be From the Rez if...

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-20-2011, 03:51 PM   #1
pigheaded

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
You Might Be From the Rez if...

You eat mutton stew and fry bread for breakfast.

You drink coffee and chew Skoal at the same time.

You were once rudely awaken in the middle of the night by a lost Tribal police officer.

You car has more than two dents and a hole in the trunk where the keyhole should be.

You use expressions like "issit", "aaaay", "ober thar", "goot" and "sssshh".

You yell BINGO in your sleep.

Your car antenna is a clothes hanger.

You drive 2 hours just to go to the movies.

You have to cut a roll of paper towel in half because you ran out of toilet tissue and the nearest store is 40 miles away.

You know at least one bootlegger.

The whole family hops in the truck just to pick up the mail.

your car starts with a screwdriver.

in your everyday life you unintentionally seem to be breaking taboos.

all the people in the community or town you live in are your cousins! (cousin-brother /cousin- sister)

you don't understand the purpose for storage lockers or their high rental costs when, the cars parked in your front yard store just as much stuff, plus it's free.

You're head automatically turns at the sound of "shhhhhhhht".

you put a "Free Peltier" sticker on your truck, and the FBI wiretaps your house.

you get into a verbal fight with the waiter at your local Mexican restaurant over--Sopapilla, or is it Fry Bread?

someone inadvertently points out directions with his lips and you know exactly where he is talking about.

Here ya go folks, enjoy and feel free to add your own.
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-20-2011, 04:25 PM   #2
July 20, 2012

Items PresentDevilElephantTreasure Chest
Credits: 74,803.69
Savings: 1.00
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
You might be from the Rez if ...

all of your dogs are named Puppy.
xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-20-2011, 04:33 PM   #3
On The Rocks

Items ElephantTreasure ChestPresentPresent
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 45,267.72
Your TV and DVD player run off your car battery, then everybody helps you push-start your car later.
AmigoKumeyaay is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-20-2011, 05:00 PM   #4
July 20, 2012

Items PresentDevilElephantTreasure Chest
Credits: 74,803.69
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigoKumeyaay View Post
Your TV and DVD player run off your car battery, then everybody helps you push-start your car later.
Funny, but true!

I was cleaning my Ultra Classic over the weekend with the radio playing. I also readjusted my running lights which mean using the battery.

I got all geared up this morning hoping to ride in in style, but had a low voltage on the ignition!! Had to switch bikes, but need to tickle charge the battery overnight so I can ride that one tomorrow.
xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-21-2011, 09:40 PM   #5
Eskimo wannabe

vBActivity Stats
Achievements Happy 5th AnniversaryEverybody Loves Me!Posting GodThe Popular OneParty of Five
neling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond repute
neling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigheaded View Post
You eat mutton stew and fry bread for breakfast.

You drink coffee and chew Skoal at the same time.

You were once rudely awaken in the middle of the night by a lost Tribal police officer.

You car has more than two dents and a hole in the trunk where the keyhole should be.

You use expressions like "issit", "aaaay", "ober thar", "goot" and "sssshh".

You yell BINGO in your sleep.

Your car antenna is a clothes hanger.

You drive 2 hours just to go to the movies.

You have to cut a roll of paper towel in half because you ran out of toilet tissue and the nearest store is 40 miles away.

You know at least one bootlegger.

The whole family hops in the truck just to pick up the mail.

your car starts with a screwdriver.

in your everyday life you unintentionally seem to be breaking taboos.

all the people in the community or town you live in are your cousins! (cousin-brother /cousin- sister)

you don't understand the purpose for storage lockers or their high rental costs when, the cars parked in your front yard store just as much stuff, plus it's free.

You're head automatically turns at the sound of "shhhhhhhht".

you put a "Free Peltier" sticker on your truck, and the FBI wiretaps your house.

you get into a verbal fight with the waiter at your local Mexican restaurant over--Sopapilla, or is it Fry Bread?

someone inadvertently points out directions with his lips and you know exactly where he is talking about.

Here ya go folks, enjoy and feel free to add your own.
I've never lived on a "rez" in my life, and neither did my dad, but he could have identified with much of the above in his youth, like being related to everyone in the neighborhood and using a hanger for an antennae. It's called being "mountain folk" in his neck of the woods.

How about using old tires to make sandals and flattened out tin cans for an awesome tin roof for your house? Do rez folk do that?
neling4 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-22-2011, 01:22 AM   #6
Eskimo wannabe

vBActivity Stats
Achievements Happy 5th AnniversaryEverybody Loves Me!Posting GodThe Popular OneParty of Five
neling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond repute
neling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond repute
He also knew at least two bootleggers, his brother and his uncle.
neling4 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-22-2011, 11:01 AM   #7
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 51,729.10
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno View Post
all of your dogs are named Puppy.

And your youngest child is called Baby...no matter how old.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:13 PM   #8
On The Rocks

AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
You were left behind at WalMart because your family bought a bigscreen TV.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:20 PM   #9
On The Rocks

One of your aunties would be there soon, maybe....
Old 09-23-2011, 03:44 PM   #10
pigheaded

lol. so you're the one auntie said she found wandering the aisle. lol
Old 09-24-2011, 07:28 AM   #11
I'm a bad influence on ME

Items GuitarPanda
trouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond repute
trouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond repute
Location: jaw-ja, you know, way down yonder in the land of cotton....
Credits: 26,775.11
Lol

"Daddy would have gotten us Uzis."

Subeeds Said:Want to borrow my .30/.30 or do you have your own weapon?

Pigheaded said: "How come noone ever wants to pull pork?"

Joe'sDad said:"Wait. I can do without sweet. Just make it black...like my heart!"
trouble is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-26-2011, 03:23 PM   #12
pigheaded

...you know that every friday night you are going to have to arrest at least one relative for either drunken disorderly or urinating in the Tribal Councils flower beds.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:40 PM   #13

Items GuitarPanda
trouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond repute
trouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond reputetrouble has a reputation beyond repute

Joe'sDad said:"Wait. I can do without sweet. Just make it black...like my heart!"
Old 09-27-2011, 01:00 PM   #14
pigheaded

... you've ever gone into Tribal Police Department and asked how you could "Legally Kill Someone, " explaining to the officers that you don't want to break any laws or anything like that.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:38 PM   #15

Items GuitarPanda
^^ you owe me a new keyboard this time mister!!!^^

just spit my mouthful of sweet tea all over the place...

Old 09-27-2011, 01:51 PM   #16
pigheaded

lol. You'll have to come down and collect. But I think it has unsweetened tea, spit all over it. At least I think that's tea, maybe from Long Island. I don't know.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:16 PM   #17
pigheaded

... you've ever been told, "STOP Running in the house. You're kicking up dust."
Old 09-29-2011, 12:29 AM   #18
AH LOVE LAUGHIN!

APACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond repute
APACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 847.79
…everyone knows which dirt road to turn on, by the number of beer bottles left by it.

…or they know where a certain person lives by the BRAND of beer bottles left on the dirt road.

"Life is too short to not take the time to laugh” ~AME~
"Who can afford NOT to laugh at themselves?" ~AME~
"I laugh the most when i laugh at myself!” ~AME~
"Laughter is'nt really "the best medicine"...it’s the CURE!” ~AME~
"Give me a good laugh,... and i will give you my world!” ~AME~

**laughin**

Last edited by APACHEFIRE; 09-29-2011 at 12:30 AM.. Reason: just fixin muh mistakes.
APACHEFIRE is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-29-2011, 12:34 AM   #19
AH LOVE LAUGHIN!

APACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond repute
APACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond reputeAPACHEFIRE has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 847.79
Quote:
Originally Posted by neling4 View Post
I've never lived on a "rez" in my life, and neither did my dad, but he could have identified with much of the above in his youth, like being related to everyone in the neighborhood and using a hanger for an antennae. It's called being "mountain folk" in his neck of the woods.

How about using old tires to make sandals and flattened out tin cans for an awesome tin roof for your house? Do rez folk do that?
yeah, as i read this i waz thinkin th same thing…i live on the plateau in tennessee now. and this plateau is really a mesa, not eroded enough yet.

"Life is too short to not take the time to laugh” ~AME~
"Who can afford NOT to laugh at themselves?" ~AME~
"I laugh the most when i laugh at myself!” ~AME~
"Laughter is'nt really "the best medicine"...it’s the CURE!” ~AME~
"Give me a good laugh,... and i will give you my world!” ~AME~

**laughin**
APACHEFIRE is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-2011, 10:23 AM   #20
pigheaded

... you know where oberdare, is.