PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Rec Room (http://forums.powwows.com/f56/)
-   -   ahhhhhhh the smell of football is in the air. (http://forums.powwows.com/f56/ahhhhhhh-smell-football-air-34856/)

stillrezin 08-25-2006 10:05 PM

ahhhhhhh the smell of football is in the air.
 
football season is almost here.

any level of football.

all i got to say is. its about time.

Joe G 08-26-2006 12:16 AM

Hmmm Detroit was in first place all year in Basketball (Pistons) Hockey (Red Wings) and Baseball (Tigers) but now, it's football season :lol: there goes that streak, can't see the Lions doing anything....If they existed in Roman times, the smart money would be on the Christians!!

stillrezin 08-27-2006 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe G
Hmmm Detroit was in first place all year in Basketball (Pistons) Hockey (Red Wings) and Baseball (Tigers) but now, it's football season :lol: there goes that streak, can't see the Lions doing anything....If they existed in Roman times, the smart money would be on the Christians!!


LOL. :thumbsup:

lostsalt 08-28-2006 02:02 PM

Please..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by stillrezin
LOL. :thumbsup:

Stillrezin. PLease tell me your not a broncos fan. Say it aint so, rez, say it aint so.......

stillrezin 08-28-2006 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostsalt
Stillrezin. PLease tell me your not a broncos fan. Say it aint so, rez, say it aint so.......


hahahahaa. hey dont worry lostsalt. no broncos fan here. i just liked that logo.

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS ALL THE WAY.

Cincinnati Bengals at Indianapolis Colts
September 1, 2006 - 7:00 PM (PRESEASON)

Dweick 08-28-2006 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stillrezin
LOL. :thumbsup:


Hey Rez
here in detroit we take bets on how many games the lions will loose in a single season :tounge_sm

stillrezin 08-29-2006 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dweick
Hey Rez
here in detroit we take bets on how many games the lions will loose in a single season :tounge_sm

2006 NFC North Standings
TEAM W L T PF PA HM RD
Minnesota 2 1 0 60 33 1-1 1-0
Chicago 1 2 0 54 54 1-1 0-1
Detroit 1 2 0 39 54 1-0 0-2
Green Bay 1 2 0 58 75 1-0 0-2


well the lions got a home win in preseason so far.

and thats bad when ppl bet on how many the will lose.LOL.

Joe G 08-29-2006 05:04 PM

Preseason scores mean absolutely nothing. The good teams are just trying things out, and seeing what backup guys can do. The good players only look at conditioning, and avoiding injuries. On Nothing teams, such as the Lions...players should be trying to actually have a strategy, and a concept of what offense and defense mean, but most are too busy wrestlin with owners for a better contract, or more playing time.
What's perverse is that despite not having won anything since 1957...and rarely making the playoffs...or past the first round if they do, they ALWAYS sell out home games!!!!

stillrezin 08-29-2006 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe G
Preseason scores mean absolutely nothing. The good teams are just trying things out, and seeing what backup guys can do. The good players only look at conditioning, and avoiding injuries. On Nothing teams, such as the Lions...players should be trying to actually have a strategy, and a concept of what offense and defense mean, but most are too busy wrestlin with owners for a better contract, or more playing time.
What's perverse is that despite not having won anything since 1957...and rarely making the playoffs...or past the first round if they do, they ALWAYS sell out home games!!!!


hey Joe i agree with you on pre-season games.

and i didnt mean no offense to the lions.

when i coached grade school football the lil' guys and I only won 1 game. but the whole town was there supporting the boys and i female that was playing. we had a fun time. so yeah it doesnt matter if the team loses it does matter if the town supports the team.

so i didnt mean any offense there Joe. your a cool guy. dont want to tick you off.

Joe G 08-29-2006 11:35 PM

??? there was no offense.....all is well....peace out

stillrezin 08-30-2006 03:31 PM

I misunderstood.

i didnt want to come off and a detroit lions hater.

jut wanted to cover my bases.

take it easy Joe G. everything ahhhight.

ndldy68 08-30-2006 03:59 PM

Well i am going to have to stick with the Packers. I can't help it, but I will always be a cheesehead. I don't think that we will do that good this year. Too new of a team and just got use to winning all those games a few years ago. Those were the days...

Joe G 08-30-2006 05:44 PM

OMG! where I deer hunt in Menominee County....it is PACKER HYSTERIA!! it's a RELIGION not a game...but hey, at least you guys got to see Bret Favre for a long time.....one of the all time greats for sure .

wardancer 08-30-2006 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostsalt
Stillrezin. PLease tell me your not a broncos fan. Say it aint so, rez, say it aint so.......

Just what is wrong with the Broncos??? They been whoopin the Chiefs for many a year!!!

Dweick 08-31-2006 02:20 AM

one good thang bout football season ,it makes for lots of pizza hunger and our sales go up way up keeps me busy throughout the whole season. :thumbsup:

bahnisiain 08-31-2006 09:59 AM

good god! its football seaon again?!?!!? oki ladies run for the hills!

lostsalt 08-31-2006 11:01 AM

Exactly
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by wardancer
Just what is wrong with the Broncos??? They been whoopin the Chiefs for many a year!!!

That is exactly what is wrong with the broncos. ARRRGGGHH!!!

GO

musicedu77 08-31-2006 11:20 AM

naw football aint that bad...my dad played high school football...i was in powderpuff flag football...we always watched games together but i always did feel sorry for that poor pigskin football being kicked around by all those really buff men *lmao*really buff men hubba hubba *eg**Lmao*
*sniff* sniff* did anyone ever think of that poor lil ball?*lmao*G*

Ol'Girl 08-31-2006 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bahnisiain
good god! its football seaon again?!?!!? oki ladies run for the hills!

Why on earth would I want to do that?! I'd miss Howie Long! Oh, and all the football action on the field too. LOL! My hubby and I love to watch football together! Too bad we're Chicago Bears fans! Not much to cheer for...

Paul G 08-31-2006 03:01 PM

Play the football pickem game!

http://www.powwows.com/gathering/showthread.php?t=34717


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
Copyright 2006, PowWows.com, LLC