Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree66Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > Rec Room ahhhhhhh the smell of football is in the air. ahhhhhhh the smell of football is in the air.

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-25-2014, 07:13 PM   #561
It is useless to resist.

Items ElephantDevilPresentGuitar
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 101,366.83
Savings: 52.80
Ralph Wilson was the last surviving member of the original American Football League owners, a group of eight innovators known as "The Foolish Club." He bought the Bills for $25,000 in 1959, and owned them for 54 years. In 2009, he was elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Wilson is credited with initiating AFL-NFL merger talks with Carroll Rosenbloom, then owner of the NFL’s Baltimore Colts, in January of 1965.

Rest in Peace.

R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Last edited by Ndnsoldierboy; 10-19-2015 at 01:56 PM..
Ndnsoldierboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-25-2014, 10:41 PM   #562
It is useless to resist.

Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Starting the 2014 season...

Addressing its most pressing safety concern, the NFL will penalize goalpost dunks It was bound to happen, ever since Saints tight end Jimmy Graham tilted the uprights with a celebratory slam, but the NFL made it official today: Starting next season, players will be banned from dunking the football over the goalposts. The NFL already has a rule against using the ball as a prop, and refs will now extend it to cover not only ball-signing charades, but dunks as well.

Fans, too, have in general agreed that the change is just another example of the NFL acting like the "No Fun League." And that's true: The change is silly and pointless, and it takes away some degree of excitement from the game. But I'm more bummed that the NFL is spending its time debating whether dunks are bad for the game and not, say, whether it could do more to protect players from head injuries. Bummed, but not surprised.
windanncer likes this.

R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Old 06-14-2014, 07:18 PM   #563
It is useless to resist.

Chuck Noll 1932-2014

He coached the Steelers to four Super Bowl wins. He is the only coach to win four Super Bowls as well.
windanncer and AmigoKumeyaay like this.
Old 06-15-2014, 12:33 AM   #564
Tasunke Wakan Okalakiciye

Harland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Harland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond reputeHarland Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,479.12
Savings: 0.00
AAAAAAHHHHH tha smell of Napalm in tha mornin' hehe !!!
Harland Jones is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-08-2014, 07:05 PM   #565
It is useless to resist.

My Raiders are playing like crap this season. 0-8 and will more than likely not win a game this season.
windanncer and gilisi like this.

Old 11-24-2014, 05:37 PM   #566
It is useless to resist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndnsoldierboy View Post

My Raiders are playing like crap this season. 0-8 and will more than likely not win a game this season.

The Raiders won a game...Finally.
windanncer and gilisi like this.

Old 12-10-2014, 04:35 PM   #567
It is useless to resist.

So far, the NFL teams who might make the playoff for 2014-15 season:

AFC: Patriots, Broncos, Bengals, Indianapolis, with the wild card still not decided. That could be: Chargers, Steelers, Ravens, Dolphins.

NFC: Eagles, Cardinals, Packers, Falcons. Falcons actually have a losing record. They are 5-8 tied with the Saints also 5-8. But they own the tie breaker if the playoffs started today. Wild card teams that might play: Cowboys, Sea Hawks, Lions.

Old 12-15-2014, 03:20 PM   #568
It is useless to resist.

Congrats to the Patriots and Broncos, and the Colts (all AFC teams) for winning their divisions. They made the playoffs and still waiting on the rest of the teams to sort out who will be in as well.

NFC team in so far: AZ Cardinals. updated 12/18/14

Last edited by Ndnsoldierboy; 12-18-2014 at 09:14 PM..
Old 12-27-2014, 07:04 PM   #569
It is useless to resist.

Raiders won 3 games so far...

That's more than I thought they would win this year.
Spiritflight and gilisi like this.

Old 12-29-2014, 01:27 PM   #570
It is useless to resist.

NFL playoff field set:

Wild-card weekend will feature four intriguing matchups
Here is the NFL playoff schedule (all times Eastern):

Wild-card weekend

Saturday, Jan. 3
No. 5 Arizona Cardinals (11-5) at No. 4 Carolina Panthers (7-8-1), 4:35 p.m. on ESPN
No. 6 Baltimore Ravens (10-6) at No. 3 Pittsburgh Steelers (11-5), 8:15 p.m. on NBC

Sunday, Jan. 4
No. 5 Cincinnati Bengals (10-5-1) at No. 4 Indianapolis Colts (11-5), 1:05 p.m. on CBS
No. 6 Detroit Lions (11-5) at No. 3 Dallas Cowboys (12-4) 4:40 p.m. on Fox

Divisional weekend

Saturday, Jan. 10
Wild-card weekend winner at No. 1 New England Patriots (12-4), 4:35 p.m. on NBC
Wild-card weekend winner at No. 1 Seattle Seahawks (12-4), 8:15 p.m. on Fox

Sunday, Jan. 11
Wild-card weekend winner at No. 2 Green Bay Packers (12-4), 1:05 p.m. on Fox
Wild-card weekend winner at No. 2 Denver Broncos (12-4), 4:40 p.m. on CBS
wardancer and windanncer like this.

Old 01-05-2015, 03:26 PM   #571
It is useless to resist.

Arizona vs. Carolina
Final 16 ARI 27 CAR

Baltimore vs. Pittsburgh
Final 30 BAL 17 PIT

Cincinnati vs. Indianapolis
Final 10 CIN 26 IND

Detroit vs. Dallas
Final 20 DET 24 DAL
windanncer and Spiritflight like this.

Old 01-13-2015, 02:04 PM   #572
It is useless to resist.

Ohio State won the inaugural College Football Playoff National Championship here Monday, defeating Oregon 42-20.

Baltimore 31

New England 35
Final

Jan 10th

Carolina 17

Seattle 31
Final

Jan 10th

Dallas 21

Green Bay 26
Final
Jan 11th

Indianapolis 24

Denver 13
Final

Jan 11th

Next games on 18 January 2015.

Green Bay @ Seattle NFC championship
Indianapolis @ New England AFC championship
windanncer likes this.

Old 01-20-2015, 08:01 PM   #573
It is useless to resist.

Green Bay 22
Seattle 28 OT

Indianapolis 7
New England 45

Super Bowl XLIX (49) Feb. 1st 2015

New England
vs
Seattle
windanncer and AmigoKumeyaay like this.

Old 01-20-2015, 08:19 PM   #574
On The Rocks

Items ElephantTreasure ChestPresentPresent
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 99,523.66
Savings: 1.00
Will Brady Prove Himself?

Tom Brady becomes greatest QB ever with a fourth ring | New York Post

The number of Super Bowl rings on a quarterback’s fingers is not the be-all and end-all. Dan Marino never won a Super Bowl, and you will find him on most top 10 lists nevertheless.

Joe Montana’s four-time Super Bowl dominance, especially in the clutch, makes him the man to beat, with John Unitas and his legendary toughness right behind.
But here comes Brady, poised to leapfrog them both.

As it stands now, Brady has thrown for more postseason yards than Peyton Manning (and everyone else), he has thrown more playoff touchdowns than Montana (and everyone else), he has won more postseason games than Montana (and everyone else).

Brady’s everlasting greatness at a time when most feel the twilight closing in on them is a testament to his pride, drive and commitment.

When Montana was 37, he started 11 games for the Chiefs, completed 60.7 percent of his passes for 2,144 yards with 13 TDs and seven INTs.

When Unitas was 37, he completed 51.7 percent of his passes for 2,213 yards with 14 TDs and 18 INTs.

Only Peyton Manning (68.3 completion percentage for 5,477 yards, 55 TDs, 10 INTs) can stand alongside Brady (64.1 completion percentage for 4,109 yards, 33 TDs, nine INTs) and declare life begins at 37 for quarterbacks.

He and Bill Belichick have been architects of a longer-running dynasty than anything we have witnessed in the free agent/salary cap era.

This will be the sixth Patriots team Brady has taken to a Super Bowl. No other post-1966 quarterback has done it.

And think about the receivers he’s been asked to make better. Troy Brown and David Patten were his starting receivers in Super Bowl XXXVI. Brown and Deion Branch were the starters in Super Bowl XXXVIII and XXXIX, where Branch was MVP.

Brady and Randy Moss on the bench during the Patriots’ loss to the Giants in Super Bowl XLII in Glendale, Ariz.

It’s startling Brady wasn’t able to win Super Bowl XLII with Randy Moss after throwing 50 TD passes during a perfect regular season, an NFL-record 23 to Moss — especially after hitting Moss with a 6-yard TD toss with 2:42 remaining. But then came David Tyree, and then came Plaxico Burress, a pair of stormy desert memories Brady will be dying to erase in the buildup to Super Bowl XLIX.

A hobbled Rob Gronkowski hardly helped Brady’s cause in his Super Bowl XLVI loss to Eli Manning and the Giants. Brady lost one of the three seasons he would have had with Moss to a torn ACL in 2008.

Brady has had one huge advantage in the mano a mano comparisons with Peyton — he never had to face a Belichick defense.

He did have to face reports of his demise following a nightmare night (4 INTs) in Kansas City at the end of September. Guilty as charged, your honor. Brady’s body language spoke of a beaten man. He was replaced by rookie Jimmy Garappolo after throwing a pick-6 in the fourth quarter, after which an incredulous Belichick found himself answering questions about whether he would be evaluating the quarterback position.

Brady: “Ultimately, it comes down to dependability and consistency for me.”

Brady: “There’s no one that’s going to dig us out of this hole. We have to look each other in the eye.”

He dug them out. He is ice when the circumstance calls for cool, and fire the rest of the time, beloved by his teammates. He is the field general every coach wishes he had.
windanncer likes this.
AmigoKumeyaay is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-20-2015, 08:22 PM   #575
On The Rocks

Items ElephantTreasure ChestPresentPresent
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 99,523.66
Savings: 1.00
LIST OF SUPER BOWL FINAL SCORES & STATS

Super Bowl History
AmigoKumeyaay is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-02-2015, 12:30 PM   #576
It is useless to resist.

Patriots 28
Seahawks 24

Super Bowl is over! Congrats to the Patriots.

See you next season NFL fans!
windanncer and Spiritflight like this.

Old 10-18-2015, 04:10 PM   #577
It is useless to resist.

Deflategate game is today, the New England Patriots vs. Indianapolis Colts. The Colts accused the Patriots of using under inflated footballs last season. Now, the Patriots look to get some payback.
Old 10-19-2015, 01:55 PM   #578
It is useless to resist.

Patriots win stay undefeated as do the Broncos the Panthers, Bengals and the Green Bay Packers in week six.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:47 AM   #579
It is useless to resist.

Week 8 had two undefeated teams play, the Broncos beat the Packers and go 7-0.

Also, Panthers and Bengals, and Patriots all undefeated as well.

And my Raiders are 4-3 which makes me happy.
Old 11-11-2015, 11:33 PM   #580
It is useless to resist.

The unbeaten teams left are: Patriots, Bengals, and Panthers. So far the season has been wacky.

College playoffs so far have: Clemson, Alabama, Ohio State and Norte Dame listed. That could change if they lose in week 11.
Sponsored Links