Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > Rec Room Bowl Season! Bowl Season!

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-02-2007, 12:46 AM   #1
Singer/ Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
RedShield has a reputation beyond repute
RedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 369.00
Savings: 1.00
Bowl Season!

Man, you gotta love Bowl season...

Am sitting here watching the Fiesta Bowl right now... I have to admit it, I thought OU was out after that first half... then they come back and tie it up... then go ahead with the pic returned for the INT, then Boise State comes back with a lateral with less than 10 seconds left to score and tie... and now OT...

Gotta LOVE college football!
Old 01-02-2007, 12:48 AM   #2
Singer/ Dancer

RedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond repute
so first possesion of OT and OU immediately scores... now it's Boise's turn...
Old 01-02-2007, 12:58 AM   #3
Singer/ Dancer

Now Boise State scores and it looks like they are gonna go for two...
Old 01-02-2007, 12:59 AM   #4
Singer/ Dancer

And with a shade of a Statue of Liberty pass win the game with the 2 point conversion!
Old 01-02-2007, 01:00 AM   #5
*~the REAL me~*

Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
OMG!!! they beat the Sooners!!
Joe G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-02-2007, 01:14 AM   #6
Singer/ Dancer

Man, 43-42... I'm a Sooners fan... but what a great game!

I have a lot of favorites in College football... but my two Alma Maters are OSU (THE Ohio State University... yes we are trained to say it that way... LOL) and the Washington State Cougars...

My Cougs kind of fell apart at the end of the season, but during my time there I was a Grad Assistant with the WSU Marching Band and got the chance to go to the Sun Bowl and the Rose Bowl, When I was at OSU, I marched 5 years in the Sousaphone row and got the chance to hit the Holiday Bowl, Hall of Fame Bowl (now the Outback Bowl) and the Florida Citrus Bowl 3 times...

I have a former student here that is a starter at Penn State, and several former members of my band in the Ohio University Marching Band and a former private student in the OSU Marching Band... when bowl season rolls around... I'm a happy guy! LOL

The hardest game for me so far has been the Rose Bowl... that team from up north versus the USC prophelactics... hate both teams... but love the Granddaddy of them all!

So far the best game I've seen... hands down was this Fiesta Bowl... but I'm looking forward to a week from now... GO BUCKS!!!

Paselo~
Old 01-02-2007, 01:17 AM   #7
Singer/ Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe G
YEP!!!

Sure did!

Will never hear the end of it if OSU wins too... will be calls for a Play-off system from all over... which may not be such a bad idea! I dunno!
Old 01-02-2007, 01:21 AM   #8
*~the REAL me~*

Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Hmmmm another Bugeyes fan.......well, U of M stunk up the Rose Bowl....geez that never happened before and about that 'THE' Ohio state University stuff.....what? are there like 10,000 state universities calling themselves Ohio State? I have heard of no others up here in Wolverine land...
Oh yes....I always root for the Big 10 teams in all the bowls...even if it is the Bugeyes...and NO self respecting mid America type can stomach USC!!!! or any pac 10 schoools to be national champs!! Tressel has established domination over Michigan lately....but these things have a way of evening out...but they are a great team right now....and I hope they destroy Florida
Joe G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-03-2007, 12:38 AM   #9
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Items ElephantDevilPresentGuitar
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 94,405.24
Savings: 52.80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe G

I was glad that Boise won the game, it just puts a wrench in the BCS point system.

WAY To GO underdogs!

UNDEFEATED!!!!!

R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Come on Rez Dawg, you can make it, just another step to go....
Ndnsoldierboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-03-2007, 02:03 AM   #10
Singer/ Dancer

Well... I watched the Orange Bowl tonight... it was alright... glad to see the Cardinals win it... but definately not as exciting as last night's game....

Looking forward to many more to come! LOL

Paselo~
Old 01-03-2007, 08:59 AM   #11
Webmaster

Items PresentUser Name Style ChangeSteal PointsCake
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,449.19
How about my Gamecocks!!

Watch out for us in 2007! SEC Championship!!
Paul G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-03-2007, 10:55 AM   #12
Singer/ Dancer

Yeah... saw they won the Liberty Bowl...

as for SEC champs next year?... I think Florida may have a little to say about that!

Paselo~
Old 01-03-2007, 10:58 AM   #13
Webmaster

Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShield
Yeah... saw they won the Liberty Bowl...

as for SEC champs next year?... I think Florida may have a little to say about that!

Paselo~
Had we not missed an extra point this year we would have beat them!
Old 01-03-2007, 11:01 AM   #14
Singer/ Dancer

So tonight's the Sugar Bowl ... LSU vs Notre Dame....

Any predictions...

Anyone care? LOL

As for me... I'll root for anyone who plays Notre Dame.... so go Tigers!

Paselo~
Old 01-03-2007, 11:03 AM   #15
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShield
So tonight's the Sugar Bowl ... LSU vs Notre Dame....

Any predictions...

Anyone care? LOL

As for me... I'll root for anyone who plays Notre Dame.... so go Tigers!

Paselo~
I always pull for the SEC! Especially since we are a revenue sharing conference!!
Old 01-03-2007, 05:33 PM   #16
Singer/ Dancer

I'm with you PaulG... go LSU!

Never have liked ND... they always got away with running a dirty program when other teams were getting nailed left and right... because they were Notre Dame! (big deal!)

Go Tigers!

Paselo~
Old 01-03-2007, 11:25 PM   #17
Singer/ Dancer

Well... with 3:48 left in the Third Quarter it's:

LSU 27
Notre Dame 14

Go Tigers!
Old 01-03-2007, 11:39 PM   #18
Singer/ Dancer

ok end of the third quarter...

LSU 34
Notre Dame 14

Brady who? LOL

Paselo~
Old 01-03-2007, 11:48 PM   #19
Singer/ Dancer

man the 4th quarter's turning in to a laundry festival...

5 plays and 3-4 penaltys so far...

Keep it in your pants ref!!!!! LOL

Paselo~
Old 01-04-2007, 12:29 AM   #20
Singer/ Dancer

So here's the Sugar Bowl Final

LSU - 41
Notre Dame - 14

Good game, Glad to see the Sugar Bowl back in the Big Easy!

Gotta say the QB (Russell) of LSU was awesome in this game... I hope for LSU's sake they can keep him for his final year of elligibilty.

That RB Williams was awesome too!

On to the next game!

Paselo~