Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree796Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > Rec Room Favorite MLB Team Favorite MLB Team

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-13-2010, 05:31 PM   #201
It is useless to resist.

Items ElephantDevilPresentGuitar
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 101,368.83
Savings: 52.80

2009 rings for the Yankees today....14 carats!!!

R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Ndnsoldierboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-08-2010, 01:21 PM   #202
It is useless to resist.

Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Yanks playing good ball so far...haven't been able to watch any games here in Germany, but read about them in the STARS AND STRIPES Newspaper...

GO YANKEES!!!!

R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Old 06-12-2010, 12:53 PM   #203
It is useless to resist.

Checking on the teams yesterday...Yanks still playing good, with lots of injuries...and how did the Atlanta Braves become a good team all of a sudden? Dodgers and Padres playing decent as well...seen the Phillies starting to slip now...

GO YANKEES!!!

Old 06-14-2010, 02:13 PM   #204
It is useless to resist.

Yankees are now in 1st place...woohoo!!! Yeah, lot of games left to play, hell, its not even the All Star break yet, but the Yanks are playing good, especially with all the injuries...players are stepping up and making the plays needed to win.

Old 06-26-2010, 07:19 AM   #205
It is useless to resist.

Yankees in 1st place...Rays lose, Red Sox lose...up 3.0 games and counting!

Old 06-26-2010, 11:42 AM   #206
naddawannabe

Hwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond repute
Hwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 10,835.83
Savings: 0.00
wow... this is turning into your own personal Yankees thread, huh? Well, let's show the other New York team some love! The Mets have been pretty hot lately, only a half game behind Atlanta. Yeah, they swept the Orioles and Cleveland but they played the Yanks tough, took 2 of 3 against the Tigers and beat a very good Twins team last night. Dunno about another subway series but at least they're not playing for last place!
Hwii Siziinii is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-27-2010, 07:04 PM   #207
It is useless to resist.

Yeah, its been the Yankee thread cause everyone else's team isn't playing good. Gotta watch the Red Sox, they are winning some games now.

The Cards, need to catch the Reds now, Atlanta is playing real good now...they haven't played like this since...uh, 12 seasons ago when they went to the World Series and lost to the Yankees.

The Mets are playing some good ball now...at the start of the season though, it didn't look like they had anything going...it was all the Phillies.

Now, the Philles are losing and the teams in that division are picking up the pace...was wondering if the Phillies should have kept Cliff Lee now? Though Halliday is pitching outstanding for them.

Old 06-27-2010, 08:58 PM   #208
naddawannabe

Hwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond repute
Hwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond repute
Philly never shoulda let Lee go. Their probs have been 'cause Rollins was hurt. He's back and so is Philly.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:46 AM   #209
It is useless to resist.

Pride, Power, Pinstripes...Yankees win in the 10th inning

I was a bit tired from staying up so late. I can only follow the game on the internet. Here in Germany at our base, we don't always have the games on tv. But glad the Yankees won. Scored 4 in the 9th to tie, and then Cano hit a 2 run HR to win it for the Bronx Bombers. Final score: Yankees 8 Dodgers 6.

Yankees are up 2.0 games on the Red Sox. 3.0 on the Rays.

Last edited by Ndnsoldierboy; 06-28-2010 at 02:50 AM.. Reason: forgot to add the score
Old 06-29-2010, 09:07 AM   #210
It is useless to resist.

There are some games coming up that matter for both the Rays and Red Sox. They are playing each other and this will be close. Rays are in a slump, Red Sox are making a come back. Both teams need to win to stay close to the Yankees.

And look at that, the Detriot Tigers are back in 1st by 0.5 games... Lots of season left though...and the Twinkies ( Twins) are not a bad team. And the White Sox are only 2.0 game out from the Tigers...

Old 07-07-2010, 05:16 AM   #211
It is useless to resist.

Way to go Yankees!!! 20 games above .500. That is awesome. Playing like champions and winning on defense and hitting. The pitching is a little off. A.J. Burnett is killing me. He has a losing record of 6-7 now. And the bullpen is at times really crappy. But, Yankees are in 1st place and I'll take that and another World Series win...waiting on # 28 this season!!!

Go Yankees!!!

Old 07-08-2010, 11:55 AM   #212
It is useless to resist.

Yankees now 22 games over .500...Also, the best record in MLB. That is great. Need to keep winning. Got the Mariners and we need to beat them. They took 2 of 3 in NY a few weeks ago.

Tigers and White Sox are battling in the AL Central...

Braves, Mets, playing good. Phillies are faltering fast...

Old 07-08-2010, 12:19 PM   #213
naddawannabe

Braves & Mets this weekend. Big series...

LET'S GO METS!!!!
Old 07-08-2010, 02:47 PM   #214
It is useless to resist.

Yup, just before All Star break...once All Star break has passed its on!!!

Win or go home.

Old 07-10-2010, 09:35 AM   #215
It is useless to resist.

Years from now, I hope to say, Wow, the are Yanks still winning. Hope to see them win 50 World Series, currently at 27 now. It would have been great to see all the Yankees of old play for sure. Since my lifetime, they have won 7 World Series. Keep on winning New York Yankees!!!

Old 07-17-2010, 11:15 AM   #216
It is useless to resist.

Molina hits for cycle as Rangers beat Red Sox 8-4
By HOWARD ULMAN, AP Sports Writer

“Where do you think he has to hit it for a triple?” Ron Washington asked his third baseman. “He said, `Nowhere in this ballpark.”’

Ian Kinsler(notes), the last Texas Ranger to hit for the cycle, was equally pessimistic.

“I would have bet everything I own that Bengie Molina would never hit for the cycle,” he said with a smile. “Ever.”

Molina surprised them both and powered Texas to an 8-4 win over the Boston Red Sox on Friday night, becoming the eighth player and first catcher since 1900 to hit for the cycle with a grand slam. The last player to do that was Minnesota’s Jason Kubel(notes) on April 17, 2009.

Molina completed his feat in the eighth inning when he hit Ramon Ramirez’s(notes) pitch to the deepest part of Fenway into the center field triangle 420 feet from home. The ball bounced off the glove of Eric Patterson(notes) for only the sixth triple of Molina’s career.

“When I saw the ball going away from him, I just put my head down and kept going,” Molina said. “For a guy who has been criticized for his speed for 11 1/2 years and may be the slowest guy in the world, it was an unbelievable feeling.”

Molina, obtained from the San Francisco Giants on July 1 to shore up a team weakness at catcher, looked over his right shoulder at Patterson as he rounded second and lumbered into third then smiled at teammates in the dugout. A few pitches later, he left the game with tightness in his right quadriceps after slipping rounding first.

He was replaced by pinch-runner Joaquin Arias(notes), who scored the final run of the game on a sacrifice fly by Young.

Molina is the fifth player in Rangers history to hit for the cycle and the first since Kinsler on April 15, 2009. The triple was Molina’s first since April 29, 2009. The last catcher to hit for the cycle was Chad Moeller(notes) with Milwaukee against Cincinnati on April 27, 2004. And the last visitor to hit for the cycle at Fenway Park was Cleveland’s Andre Thornton on April 2, 1978.

But Molina said the grand slam meant more. It came in the five-run fifth and broke a 3-3 tie.

“That was more special than the cycle actually, because it put us ahead,” he said.

One night earlier, he capped a six-run first inning with a two-run homer and the Rangers went on to a 7-2 win.

“The last two nights every mistake we make he hits,” Red Sox manager Terry Francona said. “He’s knocking the ball all over the ballpark.”

Molina’s brother Yadier had a pretty good game himself for St. Louis on Friday, homering and driving in four runs in the Cardinals’ 8-4 win over Los Angeles.

“He did? That’s awesome,” Yadier Molina(notes) said when told about his brother’s big game.

The AL West-leading Rangers lost their last four games before the All-Star break but returned to take the first two of a four-game series against the Red Sox, who have lost seven of nine as injuries severely weakened their lineup.

Catchers Victor Martinez(notes) and Jason Varitek(notes), second baseman Dustin Pedroia(notes) and outfielders Jacoby Ellsbury(notes) and Jeremy Hermida(notes) all are sidelined. Right-handed starter Clay Buchholz(notes) made a rehab start for Pawtucket on Friday night and Josh Beckett(notes) is scheduled to do the same on Saturday night.

Texas got off to a fast start again Friday with two runs in the first off Felix Doubrount (1-2). Leadoff hitter Elvis Andrus(notes) reached second on a two-base throwing error by the pitcher and scored on Kinsler’s single. Nelson Cruz(notes) singled in Kinsler.

Boston tied it in the second against Colby Lewis(notes) (9-5). Kevin Youkilis(notes) doubled and scored on J.D. Drew’s(notes) single. Drew took third on a single by Beltre and scored on a wild pitch.

The game was delayed by rain for one hour after the third inning, and Adrian Beltre’s(notes) solo homer gave the Red Sox a 3-2 lead in the fourth. Then the Rangers went ahead to stay in the fifth.

Young singled, took second on a wild pitch and stayed there on an infield single by Vladimir Guerrero(notes). Doubrount then caught a hard liner from Josh Hamilton(notes), but threw wildly to second trying for an inning-ending double play and the runners moved to second and third.

That kept the inning alive as Doubrount was replaced by Fernando Cabrera(notes), who was called up from the minors on Friday.

“We talk all the time about giving them extra opportunities,” Francona said. “That probably played itself out to the worst it could.”

Cabrera walked Cruz and David Murphy(notes), forcing in the tying run, then got ahead of Molina with an 0-2 count. After a ball, Molina homered to center, his fifth of the season and second with Texas.

Boston cut the lead to 7-4 in the sixth on Drew’s sacrifice fly.

Notes: The Red Sox called up Cabrera from Pawtucket and optioned RHP Robert Manuel(notes) to the International League team. … Kinsler extended his hitting streak to nine games. … Both teams began the day with 51-38 records, but Boston was in third place in the AL East.

Yeah!!! Red Sox lose, Rays lose, Yankees win...

Old 07-23-2010, 12:50 PM   #217
It is useless to resist.

Yankees still winning...and now the White Sox in the AL central are in 1st...Tigers and Twins tied for 2nd.

Old 07-23-2010, 05:23 PM   #218
naddawannabe

... and the Mets are falling like a rock. A sweep to the #%^&%&% d-backs!
Old 07-23-2010, 05:47 PM   #219
It is useless to resist.

I was watching part of the Dodgers/Mets game...Mets had runners on but couldn't get anything going....2-0...Dodgers.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:13 PM   #220
naddawannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndnsoldierboy View Post
...Mets had runners on but couldn't get anything going...
Story of their season right there...
Sponsored Links