Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree732Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > Rec Room Favorite MLB Team Favorite MLB Team

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-30-2012, 05:38 AM   #301
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Items ElephantDevilPresentGuitar
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 95,833.68
Savings: 52.80
Other uniforms

The Pirates will wear camouflage uniforms during Memorial Day weekend.

The Brewers will wear an Italian-language uniform with the word "Birrai" on July 1, and their Cerveceros uniforms on July 2.

The Cardinals will wear special uniforms to commemorate their 2011 World Series win on April 13. The 'STL' on the caps will be gold with navy trim, while the word 'Cardinals' and the block numbers on the uniforms will be gold with navy trim.

MLB players will wear #42 on April 15, the 65th anniversary of Jackie Robinson's MLB debut.

Players will wear special caps on Memorial Day and Independence Day; the Blue Jays will also wear special caps on Canada Day.

R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Come on Rez Dawg, you can make it, just another step to go....
Ndnsoldierboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-30-2012, 05:42 AM   #302
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
I posted a throwback uniform post on the last page...

Milestones for 2012 season.

Forthcoming

Hitters

650 Home Runs
Alex Rodriguez: 21

450 Home Runs
Vladimir Guerrero: 1
Albert Pujols: 5

400 Home Runs
Paul Konerko: 4
David Ortiz: 22
Adam Dunn: 35

R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Old 03-30-2012, 05:49 AM   #303
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Milestones for pitching in 2012.

Pitchers

200 Wins
Roy Halladay: 12

150 Wins
Freddy Garcia: 5
Barry Zito: 5
Chris Carpenter: 6

100 Wins
Aaron Harang: 5
Brett Myers: 4

300 Saves
Francisco Rodríguez: 9

Old 04-02-2012, 04:29 AM   #304
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 41,237.29
Savings: 0.00
You forgot the Strasburg kid for the Nationals. He threw a 96m.p.h change up- freakin' change up, during their pre-season game against the Braves. I nearly fell out of my chair and the announcers were almost speechless for a minute. I can't wait to see what he does for the rest of the season.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-02-2012, 04:42 AM   #305
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

This will be a very interesting year for the MLB. I am not sure who will be heading to the World Series. Always the crystal ball is blurry at this time of year. and the new rule with a 2nd wild card added. I don't care for that at all. I know, the AL East is strong but they should have left it alone to one wild card.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:35 AM   #306
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

GO BRONX BOMBERS!!!!

Old 04-15-2012, 08:46 PM   #307
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Cardinals put ‘Rally Squirrel’ on World Series ring

Great article and nice ring...congrats to the Cards.

Back in October, a squirrel invaded Busch Stadium during the St. Louis Cardinals run to the 2011 World Series. Fredbird let it live out of kindness, and the rodent would become so popular, it took the place of Skip Schumaker on one of his baseball cards.

Finally, the mascot has been immortalized for all time on jewelry commemorating the Cardinals 11th world championship.

This is not satire: The Cardinals made "The Rally Squirrel" part of the design of their World Series rings, which they received on Saturday. You can clearly see it in the photo, under the "StL" logo and above the crest of the bats and home plate with Chris Carpenter's No. 29. If Schumaker thought a squirrel on his baseball card was "ridiculous," what must he think of the rodent on the most symbolic piece of bling a ballplayer can own?

I've seen it called "tacky" and it is, but here's the thing about these rings: They're not supposed to be understated. They're always over the top. When they're worn, they're done so obnoxiously. There's nothing humble or particularly beautiful about them. In fact, they're always kind of ugly, no matter the team. They're full of jewels and they're shiny, but it's always too much. They cost way too much money. The presence of a squirrel diminishes nothing.

It's actually kind of cool, because it was a part of history. The Rally Squirrel happened. It was part of the World Series experience. And it's not the only seemingly kooky addition the team made to the ring.

On the inside, the words "Happy Flight" are engraved. Rafael Furcal coined the phrase once the Cardinals started winning on getaway days. If the Cardinals were getting on an airplane the same day as a ballgame, they had an amazing streak of winning. Hence, they'd wish each other a "Happy Flight" after taking care of business on the field.

The inside of the ring also has another personal detail: The logos of the Phillies, Brewers and Rangers, the three teams that the Cardinals beat in the postseason last October.

One funny aside: No matter what the Cardinals might put on (or inside) a ring, it pales in comparison to what might have happened 100 years ago. In olden baseball times, the squirrel story arc is one that would get a team to adopt a new nickname.

The Cardinals weren't called the Cardinals until 1900. In the late 19th century, the Cardinals were referred to as the Browns and, for one season, the Perfectos. If R. Squirrel had appeared before 1900, back in the old American Association days when St. Louis frequently contended for a title, they might have changed their name to the St. Louis Squirrels in celebration of the title.

There would be two squirrels sitting on that bat — or gnawing on it — in the team's famous logo. Maybe something like this:
Attached Thumbnails
cardinalsringsquirrell041412.jpg   cardsrings415.jpg   newcardinalslogo041412.jpg  

Old 04-18-2012, 10:29 PM   #308
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 38,634.63
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndnsoldierboy View Post
Great article and nice ring...congrats to the Cards.

Back in October, a squirrel invaded Busch Stadium during the St. Louis Cardinals run to the 2011 World Series. Fredbird let it live out of kindness, and the rodent would become so popular, it took the place of Skip Schumaker on one of his baseball cards.

Finally, the mascot has been immortalized for all time on jewelry commemorating the Cardinals 11th world championship.

This is not satire: The Cardinals made "The Rally Squirrel" part of the design of their World Series rings, which they received on Saturday. You can clearly see it in the photo, under the "StL" logo and above the crest of the bats and home plate with Chris Carpenter's No. 29. If Schumaker thought a squirrel on his baseball card was "ridiculous," what must he think of the rodent on the most symbolic piece of bling a ballplayer can own?

I've seen it called "tacky" and it is, but here's the thing about these rings: They're not supposed to be understated. They're always over the top. When they're worn, they're done so obnoxiously. There's nothing humble or particularly beautiful about them. In fact, they're always kind of ugly, no matter the team. They're full of jewels and they're shiny, but it's always too much. They cost way too much money. The presence of a squirrel diminishes nothing.

It's actually kind of cool, because it was a part of history. The Rally Squirrel happened. It was part of the World Series experience. And it's not the only seemingly kooky addition the team made to the ring.

On the inside, the words "Happy Flight" are engraved. Rafael Furcal coined the phrase once the Cardinals started winning on getaway days. If the Cardinals were getting on an airplane the same day as a ballgame, they had an amazing streak of winning. Hence, they'd wish each other a "Happy Flight" after taking care of business on the field.

The inside of the ring also has another personal detail: The logos of the Phillies, Brewers and Rangers, the three teams that the Cardinals beat in the postseason last October.

One funny aside: No matter what the Cardinals might put on (or inside) a ring, it pales in comparison to what might have happened 100 years ago. In olden baseball times, the squirrel story arc is one that would get a team to adopt a new nickname.

The Cardinals weren't called the Cardinals until 1900. In the late 19th century, the Cardinals were referred to as the Browns and, for one season, the Perfectos. If R. Squirrel had appeared before 1900, back in the old American Association days when St. Louis frequently contended for a title, they might have changed their name to the St. Louis Squirrels in celebration of the title.

There would be two squirrels sitting on that bat — or gnawing on it — in the team's famous logo. Maybe something like this:
Loved that they did that!
Josiah is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-18-2012, 10:32 PM   #309
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 38,634.63
Savings: 1.00
Jamie Moyer

I have to say something about Jamie Moyer a player that use to be on the Seattle Mariners a few years ago and many other teams before and since. He now pitches for the Rockies and last night pitched and won the game the oldest pitcher to do so at age 49! He has teammates on his team that werent born when he started pitching for the Cubs back in 1986 and still pitching today. Class act all the way and plays the game of Baseball the correct way with Sportsmanship and dignity that is no longer seen in the game of big Salaries and the need to drive up stats to win the big contract. His Fastball is 78 mph mediocre by Big leauge standards so he has relied on the great Equalizer the Change-up and I must say the man is a master of it like 5 different speeds! I take my hat off to you Jamie Moyer may Father Time give you another 10 years and show these younguns how the game should be played!!!
Josiah is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-19-2012, 01:16 AM   #310
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiah View Post
I have to say something about Jamie Moyer a player that use to be on the Seattle Mariners a few years ago and many other teams before and since. He now pitches for the Rockies and last night pitched and won the game the oldest pitcher to do so at age 49! He has teammates on his team that werent born when he started pitching for the Cubs back in 1986 and still pitching today. Class act all the way and plays the game of Baseball the correct way with Sportsmanship and dignity that is no longer seen in the game of big Salaries and the need to drive up stats to win the big contract. His Fastball is 78 mph mediocre by Big leauge standards so he has relied on the great Equalizer the Change-up and I must say the man is a master of it like 5 different speeds! I take my hat off to you Jamie Moyer may Father Time give you another 10 years and show these younguns how the game should be played!!!
saw that the other day...yep, a class act indeed. Hope he wins more games as the season marches on.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:09 AM   #311
small bead addict

subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Love the Cardinals ring-and Jamie Moyer. He and Chipper are showing those young kids how to play the game.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:54 AM   #312
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Curtis Granderson went 5 for 5 and hit 3 HR. The first Yankee to hit 5 for 5 in a game...

Way to go Curtis!!!! Go Yankees!!!

Old 04-26-2012, 05:23 AM   #313
small bead addict

Braves took 2 from the Dodgers who had gone something like 12 games at home without a loss. The Braves just might surprise everybody this year. (But I won't hold my breath until I see what late Sept. brings.LOL! )

Old 04-26-2012, 06:44 AM   #314
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by subeeds View Post
Braves took 2 from the Dodgers who had gone something like 12 games at home without a loss. The Braves just might surprise everybody this year. (But I won't hold my breath until I see what late Sept. brings.LOL! )

Yeah, the Braves choked big time last season...but they weren't the only team that did. The Dead Sux choked as well...

I am waiting on All Star break. Usually you can make an assessment then.

Old 06-18-2012, 12:56 PM   #315
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

...still early in the season but, the Yankees are winning and thats all that matters.

Old 06-18-2012, 03:28 PM   #316
naddawannabe

Hwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond repute
Hwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 10,203.60
yeah, they're pretty hot right now. I'm not too happy with them sweeping the Mets though...
Hwii Siziinii is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-19-2012, 03:24 AM   #317
small bead addict

The Bombers are really bombing everybody right now. I don't know of anybody who can beat them-including the Braves. LOL!

Old 06-19-2012, 03:29 PM   #318
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Thumbs up Go NY Highlanders!!! (est. 1903)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwii Siziinii View Post
yeah, they're pretty hot right now. I'm not too happy with them sweeping the Mets though...
We are helping out the Mets by beating the Braves.

Go Bronx Bombers!!!

one team that has suprised me is the Orioles...they are hanging tough...and Dodgers...they got the best record of all teams right now.

Old 06-19-2012, 06:02 PM   #319
naddawannabe

Hwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond repute
Hwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 10,203.60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndnsoldierboy View Post
We are helping out the Mets by beating the Braves.

Go Bronx Bombers!!!

one team that has suprised me is the Orioles...they are hanging tough...and Dodgers...they got the best record of all teams right now.
Remember the Orioles were supposed to be good last year and they sucked out loud like they do every year? Looks like it just took Buck a year to get 'em going. Not last night against R.A. Dickey though It always makes me sick to my stomach to see the Dodgers do well... I hate them more than any other team in ALL professional sports... It was always a buncha fun when my sis still liked baseball (she bailed on the sport after the '94 strike). She was a Dodger fan... lotsa good ol' sibling barbs going back and forth...

Dunno... at the moment it looks like the Yanks are gonna run away with it... I don't think the bums can beat 'em but that's what's so cool about inter-league... Mets sweep the Rays and get swept by the Reds never know...
Hwii Siziinii is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-22-2012, 03:07 PM   #320
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwii Siziinii View Post
Remember the Orioles were supposed to be good last year and they sucked out loud like they do every year? Looks like it just took Buck a year to get 'em going. Not last night against R.A. Dickey though It always makes me sick to my stomach to see the Dodgers do well... I hate them more than any other team in ALL professional sports... It was always a buncha fun when my sis still liked baseball (she bailed on the sport after the '94 strike). She was a Dodger fan... lotsa good ol' sibling barbs going back and forth...

Dunno... at the moment it looks like the Yanks are gonna run away with it... I don't think the bums can beat 'em but that's what's so cool about inter-league... Mets sweep the Rays and get swept by the Reds never know...
In my Family, I am the only one who watches MLB...no one else cares to watch it.

Its been a crazy season already...a perfect game, someone hit for a cycle, a few no hitters...I like the interleague play. It mixes up just playing the usual play your division stuff...but towards the end of the season when it matters most, is awesome to watch. When teams need to make the playoffs and either make it, or choke. But this new playoff system, I do not care for at all.

And as I type this the Rangers now have the best record, then comes the Dodgers and Yankees...one game separating these teams. As long as the Red Sox stay towards the bottom of the standings, I am happy.

The Yankees have suprised me with all the injuries to the pitchers yet, hang in there. The long ball and bullpen are working hard for the Bronx Bombers.

Sponsored Links