Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree796Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > Rec Room Favorite MLB Team Favorite MLB Team

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 05:12 AM   #361
It is useless to resist.

Items ElephantDevilPresentGuitar
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 101,368.83
Savings: 52.80
23 Feb is the Yankees and Braves in Spring Training. Go Yankees!

I know A Rod is out for maybe the season....good. He sucked in the playoffs.

At least Jeter and Rivera, Pettitte, Ichiro are coming back. But they are getting old. Jeter led the MLB in hits last season so hopefully he can repeat that feat again.

Yankees need to win another World Series...this season.

R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Ndnsoldierboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-19-2013, 02:39 AM   #362
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 43,484.78
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndnsoldierboy View Post
23 Feb is the Yankees and Braves in Spring Training. Go Yankees!

I know A Rod is out for maybe the season....good. He sucked in the playoffs.

At least Jeter and Rivera, Pettitte, Ichiro are coming back. But they are getting old. Jeter led the MLB in hits last season so hopefully he can repeat that feat again.

Yankees need to win another World Series...this season.

Yanks won't win another series this year-the old guys are too prone to getting hurt near the end of the season. I know you are in the NY area, so you may already know this, but I dang near fell off of my chair when I read it. http://www.celebritynetworth.com/ric...lla-net-worth/ That's just crazy-on the part of the Mets, not Bonilla.
Ndnsoldierboy likes this.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-19-2013, 02:59 AM   #363
It is useless to resist.

Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
The Mets...oh gawd..at least they beat the Red Sox back in 1986. Mets are really one of those teams that needs new management.

Here is a pic for you.

Braves without Chipper...how will that go this season???

R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Old 02-19-2013, 03:15 AM   #364
small bead addict

subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Who knows? It took both the Uptons to replace him at bat. LOL! Ol' Larry is at Spring training-as the "rookies hitting coach". I would like to see him become the hitting coach-I'm betting he will be back in some sort of coach capacity.

Edited to add: Thanks for the WS ring pic.. I've never seen it-pretty cool. They were the team of the 90's for sure.

Last edited by subeeds; 02-19-2013 at 03:24 AM..
Old 02-19-2013, 06:42 AM   #365
It is useless to resist.

I think Chipper will be helping the Braves in some sort of training.

I have changed my mind about the new playoff system. I like it. The teams all pretty much came down to the last game of the 2012 season. It makes teams try to win their respective division instead of going for the wild card and sliming thru the playoffs in the best of 5 Division Series.

Hopefully Jeter, Granderson, Ichiro, and Cano, can hit their way back in the playoffs. In the American League, the Detriot Tigers will be the team to beat I believe.

Old 02-19-2013, 03:14 PM   #366
It is useless to resist.

Braves to retire No. 10 in honor of Chipper Jones

ATLANTA (AP) -- The Atlanta Braves will retire Chipper Jones' number and induct him into the team's hall of fame on June 28.

The Braves announced Tuesday they will hold a banquet and ceremony honoring Jones before their game against the Arizona Diamondbacks.

Jones spent his entire two-decade career with the Braves before retiring after last season. He won the National League MVP in 1999, claimed the league batting title in 2008, and was an eight-time All Star.

No. 10 will be 10th number retired by the Braves, joining Hank Aaron's 44, Eddie Mathews' 41, Dale Murphy's 3, Phil Niekro's 35, Warren Spahn's 21, Greg Maddux's 31, Tom Glavine's 47, Bobby Cox's 6, and John Smoltz's 29. All major league teams retired No. 42 in honor of Jackie Robinson.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:43 PM   #367
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 38,634.63
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
The St. Louis Cardinals are getting new uniforms for 2013. Now, before any traditionalist fashionistas out there lose their breakfast, it's OK, it's OK. They're not bringing back the blue Underoos from the prime of Ozzie Smith and Willie McGee. Instead, the Cardinals are reaching deeper into their own past in order to update their look.

What's the same? The trademark redbird twins still perch upon the famous yellow bat. Except the birds have eyes instead of dots, and the bat looks more like a bat. And the base color of the jersey is off-white, and a red yoke runs around the neck and down the chest similar to a uniform that Stan Musial wore with the Cards in the 1950s.

Oh, and it says "St. Louis" instead of "Cardinals" on the front. Not since 1932 has any Cardinals jersey done that.

These are the duds the Cards will wear at Busch Stadium on Saturdays this season. They're pretty sweet, at least in two dimensions. The Cardinals already had one of the more popular looks in sports uniforms, as Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch points out. Only the NHL's Montreal Canadiens and the NFL's Chicago Bears have cooler jerseys, according to a recent ESPN poll. Cards team president Bill DeWitt III doesn't think this addition will harm his team's uniform tradition.

"Yes, it's traditional," DeWitt said. "And if you ask me should we stay in that elite company of having home whites and road grays, I would say we should, but Look at this (third) jersey. I see it and think, 'We've got to wear that thing.' "

Agreed, though it leaves the Yankees, Dodgers and Tigers as the only teams not to employ a third jersey. (Although, didn't the Tigers wear a blue third jersey for a handful of dates about 20 years ago?) There's something to be said about sticking to tradition. But there's also a balance to be struck between selling jerseys (marketing makes the world go 'round!) and keeping connected with the past.

The Cardinals do that here. See? If wearing "St. Louis" was good enough for Pepper Martin in 1931 as he pretends to get arrested for "speeding" (get it?), then it's good enough for Pete Kozma and Daniel Descalso. "OK, Pepper, tell it to the judge."

I wonder if DeWitt III thinks that simply changing the Cardinals' road uniforms to read "St. Louis" would have been too traumatic. It makes sense to put the city's name on the road jerseys. Most teams do it that way. But the Cardinals aren't most teams, buster! Not to be too cynical, but doing it this way works better for marketing. Now the team can sell three jerseys instead of two, and wearing the new/old "St. Louis" jerseys in front of the home crowd will drive fans to the souvenir stands to get one or two of their own. The Cardinals already use an alternate cap on Sundays and use a "road" cap for away games. They just couldn't help themselves with the jerseys.

It's kind of an evil genius. But if it also means another cool uniform, so be it. Fashion Ump approves.
Love these new jerseys

GO CARDINALS
Josiah is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-28-2013, 05:19 AM   #368
small bead addict

Braves vs. Philles tomorrow. Finally-a game I can watch. It's on MLBN at 1. Can't wait!!!

Old 02-28-2013, 06:16 AM   #369
It is useless to resist.

I am waiting for spring training to end myself. Hoping Jeter, Rivera, Pineda return soon. All these injuries since last season and now with Granderson out with a broken arm really sucks for the Yankees.

Good luck to Matsui who retired this season from MLB. He was World Series MVP 2009 for the Yankees. I believe he went back to Japan.

Last edited by Ndnsoldierboy; 02-28-2013 at 06:22 AM.. Reason: added Godzilla to post.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:42 AM   #370
small bead addict

I wish Spring training was over, too, but I was excited to see a game again. I'm having withdrawal. LOL! After seeing it.....I wish I hadn't. At least it wasn't the starters playing or I would have very little hope for the coming season. :)

Old 03-01-2013, 02:56 AM   #371
It is useless to resist.

I am looking forward to the Bronx Bombers on opening day.

I am not a fan of the LA Dodgers but Steve Garvey has cancer and hope he recovers soon. I remember him as a Dodger and a Padre as well. He was a great player back in the day.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:47 PM   #372
It is useless to resist.

The spring training is moving right along...

Old 03-06-2013, 09:58 PM   #373
naddawannabe

Hwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond repute
Hwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 10,835.83
Quote:
The spring training is moving right along...
with almost a whole month to go...
Hwii Siziinii is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-06-2013, 10:58 PM   #374
It is useless to resist.

I don't mind. The Yankees got players hurt and need rehab of course. But if I could cut players from the roster. A Rod, Teixeria, Chamberlain would be gone today.

Old 03-06-2013, 11:00 PM   #375
naddawannabe

Hwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond repute
Hwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond repute
I'd really like to see Joba be what he was supposed to be... he can still pitch...
Old 03-06-2013, 11:09 PM   #376
It is useless to resist.

He was good at one time, but when the management had him as a starter then changed him to reliever then back to starter it got old real fast, then he got even lazier and fatter he broke his ankle and has not done much since then. I would rather have David Cone or even David Wells come back instead. Those guys were some real good pitchers. That was a longggggggg time ago though.

This season would like to see more perfect games and no hitters. There was a few last season. Even a cycle or two. Triple play unassisted.

Old 03-06-2013, 11:33 PM   #377
Pronounced like "docket"

Items Rainbow$CakeTreasure Chest
docat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond repute
docat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 7,375.82
Our lodge here in Florida works concessions for one of the spring training teams for our charities. I worked today. These small stadiums are really nice. You can see the players so much better...although if you are working like I was, you can't see anything behind the stands.

It was chilly today. Sold a lot of hot pizza.
docat is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-07-2013, 12:02 AM   #378
naddawannabe

Quote:

This season would like to see more perfect games and no hitters. There was a few last season. Even a cycle or two. Triple play unassisted.
How 'bout the ol' fake to 3rd, throw 'em out at 1st while we're at it? ;) I saw Baltimore pull that off twice in a game against the Yankees...
Old 03-07-2013, 01:50 AM   #379
small bead addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwii Siziinii View Post
How 'bout the ol' fake to 3rd, throw 'em out at 1st while we're at it? ;) I saw Baltimore pull that off twice in a game against the Yankees...
As long as there aren't any funky infield fly calls, I'm good.

Old 03-07-2013, 02:00 AM   #380
It is useless to resist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwii Siziinii View Post
As long as the Yankees beat them in the playoffs like last season, they can pull off the fake plays. Oh wait, no more faking throwing from 3rd base to 1st. The rule is now in effect.

Why they can't have a fake play to get a player out is beyond me? You should be able to throw / tag a player out going from 3rd to home plate, faking a throw to 1st.

I understand the balk. I understand intentional dropped ball in the infield or outfield. But you can't fake out a player in order to throw / tag him out?

And the MLB needs to have replay. My 2 cents.

Sponsored Links