Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree688Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > Rec Room Favorite MLB Team Favorite MLB Team

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-14-2013, 02:26 AM   #461
is rockin & rollin \m/

Items ElephantDevilPresentGuitar
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 76,397.87
Savings: 52.80
Jeter almost made it back then got hurt...again. He might as well retire with Mariano Rivera too, since he will be leaving end of the season.

The Rays are making a run now and in second place and the Orioles are faltering FAST. The Yanks still hanging in there...BARELY. I do not see the Yanks making it to the playoffs this season.

R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Come on Rez Dawg, you can make it, just another step to go....
Ndnsoldierboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-14-2013, 10:47 AM   #462
is rockin & rollin \m/

Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Just saw that the Braves have three of their star players are hurt and will not be around for awhile.

R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Old 07-16-2013, 04:26 AM   #463
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 39,181.61
Savings: 0.00
Yep, the Braves lost their 3 outfield starters in 24 hours. Not good, but the guys they put in there for them are doing good. They brought Constanza up from Gwinnett, and put Reed Johnson and a new rookie, Joey Terdoslavich or something like that,in. Constanza has always been good, he can hit and man is he quick around the bases and will swipe one in a heartbeat. Freeman hurt his hand, too. I don't think he will play in the AS game, but I think he's going to NY anyhow.

I agree about the Yanks, but they are the Yanks, so I don't ever count them out. We could have a Yanks-Braves series, you never know. LOL!
Ndnsoldierboy likes this.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-16-2013, 07:29 PM   #464
is rockin & rollin \m/

Your team should be so lucky. The Nationals are @ .500 and not doing good. The AL east has four teams over .500 and the division is still if not the toughest, but one of the toughest to win. But I like the AL east. The past decade has been fun to watch. Win or lose.
subeeds likes this.

Old 07-16-2013, 11:44 PM   #465
is rockin & rollin \m/

Top of the 8th inning and the AL is up 2-0.

Old 07-17-2013, 01:47 AM   #466
is rockin & rollin \m/

Mariano Rivera is the AL MVP!!! Way to go Mo!!!

A classy player and future HOF for sure.

AL wins!!! 3-0!!!
subeeds likes this.

Old 07-17-2013, 04:06 AM   #467
small bead addict

subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Most Braves fans aren't worried about the Nats catching up. I saw where the AL won.
I didn't watch and probably will never watch another AS game. Too much buffalo chips. LOL! If they are going to give WS homefield advantage to the winner, they need the best players playing-not the most popular. I don't see why they don't take the top 2 or 3 position players with the best stats over a certain number of games, and just send them. Then pick the pitchers the same way. I'm also temporarily boycotting ESPN for their "get out the Puig vote". That was uncalled for and ticked me off. I think anybody who plays in the AS game should have a minimum number of games played so far for the season. The kid is good and hot, but he hasn't even played 2 months. I will now step down off my soapbox. :)

Old 07-19-2013, 04:24 PM   #468
is rockin & rollin \m/

Yeah, that guy Puig had a lot of folks crying about how he wasn't in the All Star Game. I'm glad he wasn't. You are right, he has not played for very long.

I thought the game went good. The players actually it seemed to want to play and win.

Now, the 2nd half starts. And its about time.

Go Yankees! ( who are 6 games back of the Red Sox and 3 games out of the final wild card spot)
subeeds likes this.

Old 07-24-2013, 01:59 AM   #469
small bead addict

So, do you think any Yanks will go down like Ryan Braun has? I think they should get booted out of baseball for PED use. Braun is going to lose $3m in salary with this suspension, but still has $120M to go on his multi year contract. The $3M must be chump change to him. If he lost his entire income over it, the attitude about these drugs would be different. I think he needs to lose that MVP he got a couple of years ago, too. I read this article this morning, and think Ryan Braun is a world class jerk. Dino Laurenzi Jr., Ryan Braun: Yes, the Brewers star is a drug cheat, but there's another reason he deserves our contempt. - Slate Magazine

Meanwhile, the Braves are playing like they usually do after the All Star break-lousy. LOL!

Old 07-25-2013, 02:41 AM   #470
small bead addict

Like most of Braves Country, I am still stunned by Huddy going down in the 8th tonight. If you haven't seen what happened, google it-it's all over the internet. This ankle fracture is probably season ending, and possibly career ending, and it's just breaking my heart. I will give high kudos to Eric Young, Jr., the Met who "caused" this. He showed true sportsmanship tonight-a nice reminder of how every game should be played.
Tim and his wife Kim were here about 5 years ago. The local Miracle Field was just getting under way, and they brought a $10,000 check from their foundation. Just showed up-no fanfare or publicity or anything. Hung out for a while. It was pretty cool.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:41 PM   #471
is rockin & rollin \m/

I think A Rod will be gone for good. No tears for him though. He got paid. As did Braun. I hope the PED users get tossed out for good as well. No place for that in the game.

I saw the injury and it was one rough way to leave a game. Hope he gets to play the game next season.
subeeds likes this.

Old 07-29-2013, 04:23 AM   #472
small bead addict

I think Huddy will be back next year-if only to retire when the season ends. Hope so, anyhow.

I see where Melky Cabrerra (sp?) is on the PED list-again. Braves fans couldn't figure out why he pretty much sucked when he played for them, then got so hot when he went to the Giants. Then it came out about the PED use. Now, he's back on the list. If they use, they should lose-career and all. In fact, the Braves played on ESPN tonight and the announcers were talking about how that's what a lot of the players want, too. I'm sure the dirty ones don't, though. LOL! I do have to take back what I said about the Braves playing lousy-they swept the Cards. I can't believe there are only 57 regular games left this season. Seems like the season just started a month or so ago.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:46 AM   #473
is rockin & rollin \m/

One of the teams playing well now is the Pirates. I still remember when they won the World Series back in the late 70's. That one song they used was We Are Family. Hope they hold on and win for a change. They were choking the last couple seasons around this time.

And the Dodgers are now in first. Ugh...I don't know what happened to the D-backs. They must have thought the season only went 81 games and not 162 games.

Yankees have Derek Jeter back. He is doing okay. But need Curtis Granderson back. He was a HR machine last season.

Rays are in first in the AL east. They beat the Red Sox, so that is a good thing...well, for me that is. Anyone but the Red Sox in the AL east.
subeeds likes this.

Old 08-01-2013, 03:53 AM   #474
small bead addict

I agree about the BoSox. I am not a fan of theirs-ever. I will root for the Yanks over them. LOL! I am waiting for ARod to go down. Wonder if a few others will go, too.

Meanwhile, I am enjoying the Braves being 11 games up. If I could find a cartwheel smilie I would post it. I won't get too cocky, though because I know those Braves. Hopefully history won't repeat itself, but it can happen. :) They are probably going to sweep the Rockies. I can't believe the runs they are scoring against them-and it's not just homers. They are manufacturing runs. Did you see the replay of the HP ump getting his arm fractured tonight? Ball skimmed the shirt of Simmons and hit the ump right on the forearm. He left the game and they finished the last 2 1/2 innings with 3 umps. You could tell it was broken when the camera caught a close up of it. Made me go "owie".

Edited to add: Why are we the only two ever here talking baseball?

Last edited by subeeds; 08-01-2013 at 03:59 AM..
Old 08-02-2013, 05:49 PM   #475
is rockin & rollin \m/

I have not seen the broken arm highlight yet. Will see it soon.

The Red Sox and Dodgers this year have are real strong this year. As are the Braves and Pirates. For awhile, I thought the Reds and Cardinals might make a run, but both have struggled lately.

My Yankees are still not playing well. I hope they at least get that last wild card spot at the end of the season. Rays and A's though will be the ones to beat for that game.

As for the only ones talking baseball, I don't have anyone else to chat with about it at home or at work.

Seen more blown calls by umps this season. They need to have instant replay. That blown call could make it break a team's chance at a wild card or even the division.

And have you noticed, while the pitching has been good, still not many no hitters or many perfect games like last season.
subeeds likes this.

Old 08-09-2013, 04:26 AM   #476
small bead addict

Well, the braves are rolling right along still winning. I'm good with it. LOL!

Swept the Nats!! Love that! In the 2nd game, Harper hit a homer off of Terhan-then at his next AB, Tehran hit him and he got all bent out of shape. Said he hit him because of the homer. What a jerk. If he had watched any tapes of Tehran, he would see that the kid pitches inside, and he hits people-not on purpose, though. He's still working on his control. Harper was #11 for the season. His mouthing off sure cleared the benches though, but nobody threw any punches. A few days ago, I was reading some sportswriter online-I think for S.I. and he was talking PED stuff and said that the Braves have never even had a hint of a guy using. Made me proud. :)

Old 08-12-2013, 08:45 PM   #477
is rockin & rollin \m/

Braves have been playing great. Finally lost after winning 14 games in a row. Holy cow, if the Yanks could do that they would be in first place right now. The Yanks will need to make a run soon, or enjoy watching the MLB playoffs on TNT & TBS.
subeeds likes this.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:23 AM   #478
small bead addict

Even thought the Braves lost tonight, I still think they will make the Series. They never play well after a rain delay and with it being delayed nearly 2 hours tonight, I figured they would lose. LOL!

Old 08-19-2013, 03:05 AM   #479
is rockin & rollin \m/

The Yanks win @ Fenway Park. About time...
subeeds likes this.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:41 AM   #480
small bead addict

I thought about you when I saw the Yanks had beat the BoSox at home. LOL!
And the Braves took 2 more from the Nats. LOL! That 15 inning game Sat. was strange. Minor was pitching against Strasburg-who hit J.Upton in the first inning. Minor left in the top of the 2nd, having thrown 60+ pitches and given up 4 runs. Then Strasburg came back out, and threw 3 wild pitches-at Simmons. One was about 15 feet off the plate in front of him, and the other 2 behind him. He got tossed without arguing. :) It was one of the oddest games I've seen in a while.

Edited to add: Terhan hit #13 in the game today, but it wasn't Harper. LOL!

Sponsored Links