Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree774Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > Rec Room Favorite MLB Team Favorite MLB Team

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-09-2009, 05:47 PM   #141
It is useless to resist.

Items ElephantDevilPresentGuitar
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 99,223.52
Savings: 52.80
Yogi and Jeter....

It's easy to see why it was lost in Derek Jeter's ongoing pursuit of Lou Gehrig's Yankee record for hits. But the current Yankee captain surpassed another pinstriped icon on a different all-time list despite going hitless in Monday's doubleheader sweep of the Rays.

Yogi Berra was at the Stadium Tueday night and chatted briefly with Jeter, who went hitless in four at-bats in the Yankees' 3-2 victory over Tampa Bay and still needs four hits to surpass Gehrig's all-time Yankee mark.

The Hall of Fame catcher said he kidded Jeter about passing him for third place in team history with his 2,117th game played for the Yanks in the second game of the twin bill.

"I told him he should've been a catcher. If I could've played shortstop, I could've played that long," Berra joked. "But he's pretty good. Very good. I hope he breaks (Gehrig's record) tonight. He's a good player, a very good player."

Berra, 84, was in an especially spry mood yesterday, also pointing out with a smile that, "I got the rings more than (Jeter), so that's what counts."

Jeter, of course, won four championships in his first five seasons with the Yanks from 1996-2000. But with none thereafter, he hasn't come close to matching the 10 World Series Berra won during his playing career in the Bronx between 1946 and 1963.

Berra, a three-time American League MVP and a two-time runner-up, never knew Gehrig, who died barely two years after retiring in 1939 from Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, or ALS, a disease that later would bear his name.

But Yogi noted that he played with several Yankees who shared a dugout with the Iron Horse, including Joe DiMaggio, Frank Crosetti and others.

"(Jeter) would've fit in all right with us. He could've taken Phil's place," Berra cracked, referring to longtime Yankees shortstop and broadcaster Phil Rizzuto. "(Jeter's) a good player, a good teammate....He's still a baby. He's only (35), so he's got maybe another five years, maybe more, who knows?"

After Gehrig's death, the Yanks didn't name another captain until George Steinbrenner gave Thurman Munson the designation in 1976.

Jeter, who was named captain by The Boss in June 2003, served as the Yankees' designated hitter last night against the Rays. He trails only Mickey Mantle (2,401) and Gehrig (2,164) for the most games played in team annals.

R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Ndnsoldierboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-10-2009, 08:19 AM   #142
It is useless to resist.

Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Well Derek Jeter ties Lou Gehrigs Yankee hit record...2,721 hits...and will more than likely break that record on Friday @ their next home game.

And the Dodgers are slipping...and the Rockies are winning....Colorado is only 2 1/2 games behind Los Angeles and on a big winning streak, with only 20 games left in the regular season...

I admire Joe Torre the manager for the Dodgers as he used to be the manager for the Yankees, but can't stand the rest of the Dodgers....so if you lose Torre...don't blame me!

R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Old 09-10-2009, 08:25 AM   #143
powwow bum

ndngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond repute
ndngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond reputendngirl70 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,659.73
Savings: 1.00
Sox won last night

http://www.mytribalspace.com/tribal/...ame_ndngirl70/
http://www.myspace.com/ndngirl70
ndngirl70 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-10-2009, 08:42 AM   #144
It is useless to resist.

All-time Yankees hit leaders
Derek Jeter is on the verge of surpassing Lou Gehrig and setting the record for most hits by a Yankee. Here are the top 10 Yankees leaders in hits.
No. Player.......Games .....Hits
T1. Lou Gehrig 2,164.... 2,721
T1. Derek Jeter 2,119... 2,721
3. Babe Ruth 2,084....... 2,518
4. Mickey Mantle 2,401... 2,415
5. Bernie Williams 2,076... 2,336
6. Joe DiMaggio 1,736..... 2,214
7. Don Mattingly 1,785... 2,153
8. Yogi Berra 2,116........ 2,148
9. Bill Dickey 1,789........ 1,969
10. Earle Combs 1,456.... 1,866

DJ is in good company...all those names are Hall of Famers...I wished the Yankees would get Bernie Williams back...he deserves to be back in the line up.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:01 AM   #145
It is useless to resist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndngirl70 View Post
Sox won last night
Red Sox have 23 games left as of today...they are only 2 games ahead of the Texas Rangers for the wild card...they need to keep winning if they expect to make it to the playoffs. 2 games isn't much of a lead.

If the Sox do make it to the playoffs...they will be facing the Angels...it will be a tough series for the Red Sox I'm sure.

Old 09-23-2009, 03:40 AM   #146
It is useless to resist.

Yankees are the 1st to make it to the playoffs in the MLB. Congrats on making it back...

Old 09-23-2009, 05:08 AM   #147
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 38,634.63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndnsoldierboy View Post
Yankees are the 1st to make it to the playoffs in the MLB. Congrats on making it back...
Cardinals are close also there magic number is Two!!!
Old 09-28-2009, 09:31 AM   #148
It is useless to resist.

Talking Yankees!!!

Congrats to the NY Yankees...they win the AL East...the toughest division in MLB. 100 wins and counting!!!

current record: 100-56

Old 09-29-2009, 01:46 AM   #149
It is useless to resist.

The Tigers and Twins are in a close race to the finish for the AL Central division. It seems too me like no one can win this division outright. When one team wins, the other wins, and when one loses, the other loses. About 6 games left and separated only by 2 games...and more than likey, they will face the buzzsaw called the New York Yankees in the playoffs.

How about those Altanta Braves? Winning like theres no tomorrow. And only 2 games behind the Colorado Rockies who are the wild card for the NL. But it ain't over, till its over.

Congrats to the Yankees, Angels, Cardinals for making the playoffs...waiting on few other teams to close out their divisions.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:35 AM   #150
*~the REAL me~*

Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
[QUOTE=Ndnsoldierboy;1340708]The Tigers and Twins are in a close race to the finish for the AL Central division. It seems too me like no one can win this division outright. When one team wins, the other wins, and when one loses, the other loses. About 6 games left and separated only by 2 games...and more than likey, they will face the buzzsaw called the New York Yankees in the playoffs.

That's what they said in 2006 too! How'd that go?
Joe G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-02-2009, 02:34 PM   #151
It is useless to resist.

The Cards won the World Series against the Tigers in 2006...who will win Joe...???

I know the Tigers are playing the White Sox, but they like to play spoiler and the Twins are playing the Royals, another scrub team...I predict both the Tigers and Twins playing on Tuesday in Minnesota for the LAST playoff spot in the AL. Twins will beat the Tigers. Sorry Joe...mebbe next season...

Old 10-03-2009, 02:13 PM   #152
It is useless to resist.

its already happening....Twins won and Tigers lost last nite...

Old 10-03-2009, 05:15 PM   #153
*~the REAL me~*

Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
We are setting a new standard for choking your way in to the playoffs! Actually, this has been torture to watch.
Joe G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-04-2009, 06:38 AM   #154
JIMMY HENDRIX ROYALTY

NDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond repute
NDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe G View Post
We are setting a new standard for choking your way in to the playoffs! Actually, this has been torture to watch.
yeah i have been watching this to see how it ends..kinda exciting and exhausting at the same time..lol my cardinals made it but got dang (props to candae princess) they cant win a game since they clinched it.. lol i pray they get to the playoffs and bring their A game we know the pitching is most impressive and the hitting when they do is amazing ..makes me nervous with all the loses.. grrrrrr
GO CARDINALSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-05-2009, 05:59 PM   #155
It is useless to resist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe G View Post

Well, Tuesday is the big nite for both teams...good luck. I believe the Yankees are picking the longer of the two schedules they got to choose. So a day break instead of the back to back games for both teams once the playoffs start.

GO YANKEES!!!!

Old 10-07-2009, 05:30 AM   #156
JIMMY HENDRIX ROYALTY

NDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond repute
NDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond repute
GOOOO CARDINALSSSSSSSSSSSS... :D
Old 10-07-2009, 10:39 AM   #157
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 126,202.15
I'll be sitting in front of the tube watching the Blue and Red game.

Whatd'ya think NDNKIDZ...are they giving the Dodgers a chance over in St. Louie??? hahaaa

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Last edited by Joe's Dad; 10-10-2009 at 11:05 AM..
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-09-2009, 01:27 PM   #158
It is useless to resist.

Cards choke....now gotta win every game...

GO YANKEES!!!!

Old 10-11-2009, 04:05 PM   #159
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 126,202.15
Both L.A. teams sweep.

Could a Freeway Worlds Series be in the making?

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-11-2009, 07:51 PM   #160
naddawannabe

Hwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond repute
Hwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 10,650.90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
Both L.A. teams sweep.

Could a Freeway Worlds Series be in the making?
God, let's hope not... at least it's not gonna be Dodgers-Red Sox...
Hwii Siziinii is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links