Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree44Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > Rec Room Inside The Nba Brough To You By Colonah Not Hyundai Inside The Nba Brough To You By Colonah Not Hyundai

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-07-2005, 07:12 PM   #1
*~the REAL me~*

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Exclamation Inside The NBA Brought To You By Colonah Not Hyundai

Well hoopsters,
the season has begun..and who's 3-0 and in first place in the so called much improved Eastern conference? Why it's those media ignored and much despised Detroit Pistons!!! Yes it's early...but they are actually scoring..and running offenses..as well as still playing world class man to man defense...the bench is improved also...and even Darko Milicic is playing better. No, he won't make anybody remember Kareem, Wilt, or Bill Russell but he looks to be improved...along with Mc Dyess (healthy) and Delfino...overall, they will be at minimum in the conference finals, and if all goes well champs again....
Miami??? Shaq who?? and added TOO many shooters...but there's only 1 (count on it) basketball to go around. D Wayde is a stud...but that won't be enough....Cleveland? Lebron should divorce the Cavs and sue for non-support. Ditto Allen 'The answer' Iverson...what was the question??? team play??
The west looks to be San Antonio...especially the longer Amarae Stoudamire is hurt....I tell you now...this guy is the prototype of the 'new' big man..who has the whole game...kinda like Hakeem Olajuwon in his prime...but quicker. If he's healthy soon...don't discount the Suns...The Lakers...yeah right...Kobe should hang around with Terrell Owens so they can work on their new book 'How to be a team player' As IF!!!! Hoops are a 5 to 8 or 9 man sport...not 1 man vs. a team...you won't win with a 'It's all about me' attitude....trash talk is funny....but won't get it done...notice how the NBA scoring leaders are usually on loser teams...
Golden State? could it be they are much improved...looks like it...same with Clippers...but C'mon they are the Clippers...!! who could make the US Gov't look like a smooth operation. Pacers??
when will Artest explode?? probably sooner than later...but they do play KILLER defense and Jermaine is as good a low post threat as there is in the current NBA, one of the few true 20-10 men ...NY Knicks....yeah and Spike Lee will be playin point guard..wait!! he might do better than Marbury at distributing the ball!!!! Celtics??? improving..but a couple players away...where's McHale and Bird and Parrish?? now THAT was a baseline!!!!
San Antonio is VERY good with Tim and Manu and Tony...and a strong bench...but this year, Chauncey should elbow Tony Parker in the chops SOONER! remember last year, Parker was blowing by everybody and doing lay-ups...then WHACK!!! chilled him down some...who said it's a non-contact sport!!!
Another tip to fans...look OFF the ball...the TV focuses on following the ball..but you miss all the great plays, screens, movement, passing etc...it takes to GET open in this man's NBA...also, on defense, all the 'dirty' type play happens here, such as the Chauncey elbow..or the classic pushing the shooters elbow lightly...right about when he's launching the shot...this is almost NEVER called (Right Manu???) but very effective..
Feel free to post anything here relevant to the NBA on or off the court...and I will be posting more here each week...through-out the playoffs......
HOOPS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by colonah04; 11-07-2005 at 07:21 PM..
Joe G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-07-2005, 11:13 PM   #2
Cratertot

andre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond repute
andre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 918.00
Savings: 1.00
I have Piston pants,
I have Piston shorts,
I have Piston hats,
I have Piston mugs...
andre is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-07-2005, 11:47 PM   #3
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 99,052.40
Quote:
Originally Posted by andre
I have Piston pants,
I have Piston shorts,
I have Piston hats,
I have Piston mugs...
You know what you would have if you put a space between the t and the o?

I couldn't help it. It's jusss what I saw!!!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-08-2005, 12:23 AM   #4
*~the REAL me~*

Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
This was in a popular song a while back...so zero points for originality Andre...Hey who put that ^^^^ AD above in here? Chase Manhattan?? that's about the only ones who can afford Laker tickets.....they're the highest in the whole NBA. Ever wonder why mostly movie stars are in the front row?? You need a MORTGAGE to attend with a family....
Maybe the 'Zen Master' will let you in...yeah right!! ......
Old 11-08-2005, 12:30 AM   #5
Junior Dancer

AEn8ive_kita is a glorious beacon of light
Hoops totally RULE! I am going for tha Indiana Pacers!!!!! Woooohooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its all bout Artest, Jermaine O'Neal, and of course... my HOMETOWN boy, Danny Granger!!!!!!!!!

I also like the Heat, Pistons, Suns, and Spurs!

http://www.myspace.com/kitagal is where i be lol
AEn8ive_kita is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-08-2005, 09:13 PM   #6
*Mystic Paradise*

*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute
My heart, soul, spirit, mind, love, EVERYTHING is still for my PHILADELPHIA 76ERS ALL THE WAY BABY!!!! IVERSON'S #1 FAN IN PHILLY!!!

We started off really bad this season but that's ok, we'll get back on track real soon! I think Iverson & Webber will mesh real good this season....HOPEFULLY!
Old 11-08-2005, 10:57 PM   #7
PowWows.com Addicts

badmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond repute
badmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond reputebadmaninc has a reputation beyond repute
Detroit's good but they still gotta make it out of the tough eastern conference. Might be too beat up when the finals begin.
badmaninc is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-08-2005, 11:02 PM   #8
Cratertot

andre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond repute
andre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond reputeandre has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 918.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad
You know what you would have if you put a space between the t and the o?

I couldn't help it. It's jusss what I saw!!!
Yeah, Colonah is right, totally unoriginal. Try changing the o to an i...
Old 11-11-2005, 11:30 AM   #9
*~the REAL me~*

Hmmmm 5 and O Baby! the SUNS were set last night! who won?? the PISTONS of course...close game until money time down the stretch...team defense, and a KEY 3 point by Chauncey 'Mr. big shot' Billups...sealed the deal.....nice try by Nash....but right now, without Amare...the Suns are a classic 'doughnut' team....BIG whole in the middle....
Detroit is balanced, with scoring and defense...and is looking like championship contender for SURE.....Miami and Indiana will both be good....but Miami is ONLY as good as Shaq's knees...and he ain't gettin any younger..and weighs about 315 now again.....so how is he going to get back on defense?? Last year, the Pistons ran him outta the building...and will again...Indiana is solid, with a good coach...but instability will rear it's ugly head...can you say Artest?? Detroit should win the East again.
The West is still looking to be San Antonio..at this point...but if Yao Ming keeps improving...gets meaner, and T-Mac is healthy watch out for the Rockets....Phoenix needs to learn that scoring alone won't get you there...it takes DEFENSE..especially at crunch time...and during the playoffs...L.A.....??? nahh the Lakers are better..but not THAT much better yet...
Hey Doug Collins...going blonde at 45 y/o??? what gives...??
C'mon hoopsters start posting some trashtalk about your favorite teams..etc....you know you LOVE the NBA....America's game.....
Old 11-11-2005, 12:56 PM   #10
*Mystic Paradise*

*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute
Ok, there is a big game going down tonight right here in Philly....Lakers vs. Sixers, 8pm on ESPN!! Well, this game is big & important to me...lol. Kobe back in Philly tonight....OOPS, I forgot, he claims that he's not from Philly! WHATEVER!! He knows damn well that he is from here! Of course I have my money on the Sixers tonight. But anyways....I think the Lakers are pretty good this season, better than last season. I also think that they will make to the playoffs but I do not think that they will make it past the 1st round. They're not strong enough.

Oh yeah, have you noticed that the LA Clippers are in 1st place?! 5-1, are you serious?!?! I never thought that they could make it this far. Keep up the good work!

Ok, what about LeBron & the Cavs? I think they started off pretty good this season, they have a better record than Miami. I think that they could make it to the playoffs as well but there is no telling how far they will possibly get. They should've made it last season but things just fell apart after Paul Silas got the boot.

One more thing, if the Knicks actually think that they could have a winning season with Larry Brown as their coach, they need to THINK AGAIN!!! Larry Brown is not the whole team! Stephon Marbury & the rest of the team need to seriously step up their game. Their offense is very bad & the deffense just all-around suck! This team is definitely done & it just started!
Old 11-11-2005, 01:17 PM   #11
*~the REAL me~*

Quote:
Originally Posted by *CherokeeTears*
Ok, there is a big game going down tonight right here in Philly....Lakers vs. Sixers, 8pm on ESPN!! Well, this game is big & important to me...lol. Kobe back in Philly tonight....OOPS, I forgot, he claims that he's not from Philly! WHATEVER!! He knows damn well that he is from here! Of course I have my money on the Sixers tonight. But anyways....I think the Lakers are pretty good this season, better than last season. I also think that they will make to the playoffs but I do not think that they will make it past the 1st round. They're not strong enough.

POOR AI SHOULD GET TO A BETTER TEAM..OR NEW TEAMMATES. THIS GUY IS AS GOOD AS IT GETS...ONE OF THE BEST SMALL GUARDS EVER...BUT GETS DOUBLE AND TRIPLE TEAMED TOO MUCH. L.A. IS BETTER..BUT NOT THAT MUCH BETTER THOUGH. ELGIN BAYLOR HAS DONE BETTER W/ THE CLIPS...BUT THEY ARE!!!! THE CLIPPERS AND SOMETHING WILL GO WRONG FOR SURE!!! TYPHOID WILL BREAK OUT BEFORE LONG.

Oh yeah, have you noticed that the LA Clippers are in 1st place?! 5-1, are you serious?!?! I never thought that they could make it this far. Keep up the good work!

Ok, what about LeBron & the Cavs? I think they started off pretty good this season, they have a better record than Miami. I think that they could make it to the playoffs as well but there is no telling how far they will possibly get. They should've made it last season but things just fell apart after Paul Silas got the boot.

SHOULD MAKE PLAYOFFS...BUT STILL NOT ENOUGH OVERALL TALENT AT CRUNCH TIME. YEAH COACHES SUFFERE FOR PERSONNEL MOVES THEY USUALLY CAN'T CONTROL. LEBRON IS GREAT...FOR SURE THO.

One more thing, if the Knicks actually think that they could have a winning season with Larry Brown as their coach, they need to THINK AGAIN!!! Larry Brown is not the whole team! Stephon Marbury & the rest of the team need to seriously step up their game. Their offense is very bad & the deffense just all-around suck! This team is definitely done & it just started!
GIMME A BREAK! BROWN HAS STAYED IN MORE PLACES THAN HEIDI FLEISS..AND USUALLY FOR ABOUT AS LONG. HE KNPWS THE GAME...BUT IT'S ALL ABOUT HIM. ATTENTION STEPHON MARBURY...PASSING IS LEGAL!!! AND OH YEAH..THIS IS A TEAM GAME...BY THE WAY...THE KNICKS ARE SAD INDEED...WHERE HAVE YOU GONE CLYDE AND THE PEARL?? OR EVEN PATRICK???
HELP...WHERE'S DEBUSCHERRE? BRADLEY? WILLIS REED?
RED HOLZMAN WHO???? LOL....SPIKE LEE SHOULD PLAY....HE COULDN'T DO WORSE...
Old 11-12-2005, 10:30 AM   #12
*~the REAL me~*

Pistons 84, Trail Blazers 81 ....6 and Zero BABY!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!

PORTLAND, Ore. - Chauncey Billups kept the Detroit Pistons hanging around. When Rasheed Wallace got in the act, his former team wilted.

Billups had 21 points and 10 assists and the Pistons beat the Portland Trail Blazers 84-81 on Friday night.

Billups hit two free throws with 9.3 seconds left and Zach Randolph missed a 3-pointer as the Pistons survived a tough challenge from the rebuilding Blazers.

Wallace scored 13 points in his third trip to Portland since his contentious stint with the Blazers ended two years ago. Wallace overcame a slow start, contributing to the victory with tenacious defense and clutch shooting in the fourth quarter.

``No matter how a game is going, Sheed is going to hit big shots,'' Billups said. ``He's so gutsy. And I know for him to hit them in this building is better than any other place. We wanted to get this win for him.''

The Pistons (6-0) are the only undefeated team in the NBA and are off to their best start since going 8-0 in 1988-89 en route to the first of consecutive NBA championships.

Darius Miles had 23 points and Zach Randolph added 21 points and 10 rebounds for the Blazers, who lost at home for the first time this season.

Detroit, coming off a hard-fought 111-104 win over Phoenix on Thursday night, clamped down on Miles and Randolph in the final quarter, holding Miles scoreless and Randolph to two points.

``We didn't have a lot of energy (early on),'' Pistons coach Flip Saunders said. ``We got more energy in the fourth quarter and defense kept us in the game.''

Tayshaun Prince and Richard Hamilton each had 14 points for the Pistons, who had all five starters in double figures.

The Blazers shot 55 percent in the first half, outplaying the Pistons to lead by as many as 10 points. But they couldn't keep the lead, as mistakes began to add up late.

``If you have 16 turnovers, miss seven free throws and don't execute down the stretch, you don't beat a good team like the Pistons,'' coach Nate McMillan said.

Wallace, playing with four fouls, hit two 3-pointers, drew a charge and blocked a shot as the Pistons went up 80-72 with just over 4 minutes left.

But Juan Dixon converted a three-point play and Sebastian Telfair's layup made it 82-79.

Dixon hit two free throws at 17.3 to cut the lead to one.

The second-youngest team in the NBA, the Blazers won their first two home games, over Atlanta and New York.

``They made it tough on us,'' Billups said. ``Our veteran experience took over and prevailed in the end.''

Randolph, who replaced Wallace at power forward for the Blazers, had 29 points and 12 rebounds against New York on Wednesday night.

Billups, who made eight of nine free throws, was coming off a 27-point, 11-assist performance against Phoenix.

Theo Ratliff had 14 rebounds for Portland.

GO PISTONS!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SIX AND ZERO!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-12-2005, 10:56 AM   #13
*Mystic Paradise*

Congrats to your Pistons C! I can't even talk bad about them because they are doing way better than any other team out here.

But I'm really because my Sixers beat them Lakers last night! It was very close at the end though. 76ers - 85 Lakers - 81. Kobe only had 17 points, 7 out of 27 shooting! That's just bad. We stayed on Kobe's toes! Iverson did pretty good, 34 points, 10 out of 23 shooting. He got most of his points from the free throw line.

Tell me how did the Wizards beat the Supersonics.....137-96?! I couldn't believe that score! What happen to the Sonics being good like they were last season? Ray Allen had a bad shooting night. That's not like him. That was just straight up embarrassing!
Old 11-19-2005, 02:00 AM   #14
is rockin & rollin \m/

Items ElephantDevilPresentGuitar
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 76,397.87
Savings: 52.80
And it looks like the Pistons are on a roll...I saw the score online and they beat the Rockets.

7-0 is a long way from 72-10 in order to catch my Chicago Bulls.

p.s. Oh yeah, still haven't watched 1 game yet. And prolly won't see one this game this season..but the scores are in the Stars and Stripes newspaper but we usually get the scores a day late due to us being way ahead of the time zones in the USA.

hope the players quit crying over wearing suits and ties...

R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Come on Rez Dawg, you can make it, just another step to go....
Ndnsoldierboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-19-2005, 06:58 PM   #15
*Mystic Paradise*

Now on http://www.nba.com , the NBA All-Star Balloting is up for the 2006 All-Star game. Start casting your votes for your favorite NBA Players!

I've already started voting. I will be on there everyday until the ballots close. I wanna make sure my favorites get to Houston for the big game this season!
Old 11-20-2005, 10:58 AM   #16
*~the REAL me~*

So 8-1...for the Pistons...oh well, never figured they'd be 82-0...but being out rebounded
47-26 by the Dallas Mavericks!! those guys are softer than Charmin..especially Nowitzke...and shooting 45% against that (lack of a) defense!! geeez.....travel must be gettin to Detroit...or the food was laced.
Do not worry hoopsters...Dallas will fade...especially in the playoffs...they are a true 'doughnut' team (hole in the middle) and will choke like a hangman's noose when it counts. The Cavs are playin well too...Lebron is wearing out the defenses!!!
San Antonio is playing well too...as expected...but we will deal with them later....stay tuned......
Old 11-24-2005, 11:54 AM   #17
*~the REAL me~*

WHO'S 9-! SO FAR???? HMMMMM THE PISTONS OF COURSE!!! YOU EXPECTED MAYBE THE LAKERS???? LOL....

AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Nov. 23 (Ticker) -- The Denver Nuggets got a look at the Detroit Pistons at their best.

Richard Hamilton scored 19 points to lead seven players in double figures as the Pistons bounced back from their first loss of the season with a 114-89 victory over the Nuggets, who had a four-game winning streak snapped.
"We wanted to get back to Pistons basketball, and we did," said Chauncey Billups, who had 16 points and tied his season high with 11 assists. "At Dallas (a 119-82 loss Saturday), we got caught up in their tempo and just ran up and down the floor. We didn't let that happen tonight."

"It's a good measuring point for us to see where we stand against one of the best teams in the league," Nuggets center Marcus Camby said. "It's a good learning experience for us. We have a lot of work to do."

Detroit had a season-high 36 assists on 43 baskets.

"They don't care who plays well," Denver coach George Karl said. "They just want to win. They have seven or eight guys who are committed to playing team basketball. That's the best passing team I've seen this year. Their transition game is the most improved part of their game. They didn't run this well last year." WOOOOOHOOOO!!!!

Ben Wallace, who had 11 of his 13 points in the first half as Detroit built a 60-43 lead, said the team aspect is the reason the Pistons have been in the NBA Finals the last two seasons.

"That's been the key to our success," Wallace said. "Everybody roots for each other. We don't care who gets the points. We just care about winning the game."

Detroit's defense held Denver to 40 percent shooting (34-of-85) and Nuggets star forward Carmelo Anthony to 4-of-15 from the field. TOUGHER TO SHOOT WHEN COVERED, EH 'MELLO???

"I didn't have anything to do with it," said Pistons forward Tayshaun Prince, who had primary duty on Anthony. "Every time he penetrated, Ben and Rasheed (Wallace) were waiting for him. I think that really bothered him."

Pistons coach Flip Saunders said his team made a conscious effort to improve defensively. Ben Wallace had five of Detroit's 12 blocked shots, while Denver had just two.

"I thought our defense and rebounding were good," Saunders said. "When you're in a situation where you have 12 blocks, that means you're defending the goal. We're probably not as good as we played at times today, and we're not as bad as we played in Dallas. We're somewhere in between."

A layup by Anthony gave Denver its only lead at 18-17 with 4:53 left in the first quarter. Playing for the first time in four days, Detroit answered with an 11-5 run and started the second quarter with a 16-4 surge.

Billups and Rasheed Wallace each scored six points during a 16-3 spurt at the start of the second half that increased the lead to 76-46 with 7:21 left in the third quarter.

"They were fresh and they jumped on us early," said Camby, who had his fifth straight double-double with 15 points and 10 rebounds. "A lot of credit should go to Detroit. When you give a team like that a lead on their home court, it's tough."

WELL HOOPSTERS....TEAM PLAY, DEFENSE, NO 'SELF MADE' ALLSTARS, GEEZ COULD IT BE HOOPS ARE A TEAM GAME, AND TEAM CHEMISTRY ACTUALLY MATTERS??? STAY TUNED...

HEY DELFINO, WAS THAT ELBOW REALLY AN ACCIDENT? LOLOLOL
Old 11-24-2005, 01:26 PM   #18
*Mystic Paradise*

Ok, my Sixers are still going strong, although they could've beaten the Milwaukee Bucks last night.....a very disappointing lost. I had to turn off the game....I was mad. But I still have to give my team some credit.....7-6, #1 in the Atlantic Division, #3 in the Eastern Conference right behind Miami...they're still hanging on. Hopefully they could keep it up!

What about them Rockets? Without T-Mac, this team is done! 3-9 record, the worst in the West! Even the Hornets is playing better basketball than them! What about Yao Ming? He's nothing but a 7'5 disgrace! Come on Yao, pick up the pace! He should be able to make them easy shots....I mean, he is tall enough, right?!

Wow, Atlanta Hawks finally won "1" game....it's about time! Although, I really didn't expect too much from this team anyway this year. But still, they should've won a game a long time ago. Even the Knicks are starting to look better than them. They need to pick up the pace as well!
Old 11-24-2005, 02:31 PM   #19
*~the REAL me~*

Quote:
Originally Posted by *CherokeeTears*
Ok, my Sixers are still going strong, although they could've beaten the Milwaukee Bucks last night.....a very disappointing lost. I had to turn off the game....I was mad. But I still have to give my team some credit.....7-6, #1 in the Atlantic Division, #3 in the Eastern Conference right behind Miami...they're still hanging on. Hopefully they could keep it up!

{{I THINK THEY ARE ONE GOOD LOW POST PLAYER AWAY FROM BEING A LOT!!! BETTER. C-WEB IS A DORK..AND PAST HIS PRIME. MAYBE HE COULD CALL MORE TIMEOUTS??? BUT ALLEN...OMG WHO COULDN'T LOVE HIS GAME??? HAS THE NERVES OF 10 MEN...AND AS BRAVE AS ANYONE EVER, AND FIRST STEP??? 8TH WONDER OF THE WORLD}}

What about them Rockets? Without T-Mac, this team is done! 3-9 record, the worst in the West! Even the Hornets is playing better basketball than them! What about Yao Ming? He's nothing but a 7'5 disgrace! Come on Yao, pick up the pace! He should be able to make them easy shots....I mean, he is tall enough, right?!

{{ YAO IS NOT AGGRESSIVE OR MEAN ENOUGH...IDEALLY, THEY SHOULD ADD SOME MUSCLE DOWN LOW..AND WALK THE BALL UP...AND POUND IT INSIDE...BUT NOT IF YAO PLANS TO PLAY THIS SOFT. I ALSO REMEMBER PORTLAND RUNNING HIGH POST OFFENSE WHERE EVERYTHING WENT THROUGH WALTON...WHO WAS A WAY ABOVE AVERAGE PASSER....MAYBE YAO SHOULD PRACTICE THIS....AND IF T-MAC WAS ONE OF THE CUTTERS, AND YAO COULD PASS...HE'D GET 50 PTS A NIGHT...}}

Wow, Atlanta Hawks finally won "1" game....it's about time! Although, I really didn't expect too much from this team anyway this year. But still, they should've won a game a long time ago. Even the Knicks are starting to look better than them. They need to pick up the pace as well!
{{WHERE HAVE YOU GONE DOMINIQUE WILKINS??? DAN ROUNDFIELD?? OMG...THE HAWKS SUCK...THIS YEAR'S VERSION OF THE CLIPPERS...NY KNICKS WILL NEVER BE ANY GOOD UNLESS ISIAH CAN TURN BACK THE CLOCK 15 YEARS...AND SUIT UP!!! THEY NEED A LOT BETTER PLAY FROM JUST ABOUT EVERY POSITION., FRAZER? MONROE? REED? DEBUSCHERRE? BRADLEY?? EWING?? WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED HERE??? LOTS OF MONEY, TRADITION, ETC...BUT NO INTELLIGENT MANAGEMENT OR ACTUAL STRATEGY. FOR YEARS, THEY HAD ALL 300 LB. MONSTERS..OAKLEY, EWING, CHARLES SMITH, ANTHONY MASON....ETC...AND NO TRUE GUARDS...AND TRIED TO PLAY UP-TEMPO....BUT WERE ALWAYS BEAT BACK DOWN COURT BY RUNNING TEAMS...NOW, EVEN THE MUSCLE IS GONE}}
Old 11-26-2005, 07:47 PM   #20
*Mystic Paradise*

NBA Dress Code Causing Some Headaches!

THIS ISH IS STARTING TO GIVE ME A HEADACHE AS WELL ......READ THIS:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051126/...kn_dressing_up