Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree44Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > Rec Room Inside The Nba Brough To You By Colonah Not Hyundai Inside The Nba Brough To You By Colonah Not Hyundai

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-24-2005, 01:28 PM   #41
*~the REAL me~*

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Hmmmm 21-3....as The PISTONS again turn the Warriors from Golden State aside. They are now the Iron Pyrite State Warriors....fool's gold. But they are somewhat improved...but young. Compared to the last 15 years or so, they are better though.
Kobe gets 62 pts. in 3 quarters....well, he has had LOTS of shooting practice!! about 35 per game....and it was against Dallas, who is soft in the middle....but 62 is 62....
Hey Dirk, think that punch to your face was an accident? yeah right. And memo to the Mavericks.....defense IS legal...no way Kobe should get 62 in 3 qtrs....against ANY NBA team....
Hey Pacers fans....It was only a mater of time until Ron (Mr. Excitement) Artest exploded...and destroyed any chance at team unity or success. Hey Ron...Jermaine is the marquee player...NOT you...get over it....it's a TEAM sport...
San Antonio has been down lately too...but even with injuries..they're STILL on top...in the West. Count on it...they will be there in the playoffs..and in the finals again..unless a hell of a lot goes wrong....
How about those non all-stars Billups and Hamilton...here's a little from NBA.com:
Looking for Richard – With Reggie Miller having retired, Richard Hamilton has become the NBA’s undisputed king of moving without the ball. Rip is in a constant state of motion, using screens and finding seams in the defense to pull up or attack. Bruce Bowen and Manu Ginobili will share the task of trying to slow Hamilton, who’s having an All-Star caliber season, averaging better than 20 points and shooting over 50 percent from the field.
And don't forget hoopsters....Tomorrow at NOON the Pistons and Spurs....the REAL marquee game that day...not the non-sense about the Heat or Lakers......Wade is great...but Shaq won't stay healthy through the entire season...and even if he does...he can't get back on D against teams that will push the ball like San Antonio or Detroit....
Lastly.....be honest now.....21-3.....???? wooooooohoooooooooooo
Joe G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-25-2005, 04:06 PM   #42
*~the REAL me~*

Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Ummm who won the PISTONS Spurs game??? Uhhuh...you know who....22-3 OMG!! and yet the league continues to focus on the soap opera of Kobe vs. Shaq...or Phil vs. Pat.....give me a FRIKKIN break....that's the melodrama who has the biggest EGO game for sure...but this game was the two best teams in the NBA...
How'd that happen Pistons 85-70.....15 point margin???? lets' see Rebounds Detroit 57 Spurs 30....hmmm almost DOUBLE.....and they outshot the Spurs from the field and the line...as well as 3 pt shots.....TOTAL domination???? and Hamilton only gets 11 pts. on 4-15 shooting???
Well, only Parker and Duncan scored much....and Robt. 'big shot Bobby' Horry was 1-6....and nobody else onthe Spurs did squat......Ginobili is the KEY to this team....and they look like the Clippers of old without him.....
Also Hoops fans....22-3....and nobody onthe team is even close to an all-star.??? why could it be this is REALLY a team game?? Hello Kobe....Shaq.....LeBron.....
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU.....and Piston haters....
EAT YOUR HEARTS OUT BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-26-2005, 02:00 AM   #43
*Mystic Paradise*

*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute
Ok, I haven't been in here in awhile but I had to come in today to give the Pistons their props! It's very hard for me to hate on this team this year. They're playing the best basketball right now! Them Pistons crushed the defending world champs on Christmas day! I usually go with Spurs but the way they were playing...I had to make a switch. They were horrible! Very disappointing. They seriously deserved that loss! GO PISTONS!!

How about that Lakers vs. Heat game? What can I say about that game?! That game kept me on the edge of my seat from the opening tip to last few seconds. Them Lakers got shut down again! Good for them! What made me laugh was definitely during the opening tip, Shaq played Kobe!! HAHA...no hand shake...just a little smile! Way too funny! That's right Shaq..you don't have to show that sorry azz Kobe no love if you don't want too! Although I do kinda think their little feud is getting old but it's sure as hell fun to watch.

Oh yeah, one more thing, I do recall Kobe sitting on ESPN saying that he was gonna drop 60+ points on the Heat too?....hhhhmmmm...looks like that didn't happen! Damn Fool! If he think the Heat's defense was gonna let him explode like that, he had another thing coming. I see he didn't get to the free throw line 25 times either...haha..this boy just cracks me up! Kobe you're nothing but a joke!

But once again, C...congrats to your Pistons!!

ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR HOLIDAY!!!
Old 12-30-2005, 12:58 PM   #44
*~the REAL me~*

Pistons Improve to 24-3, Beat Heat in Detroit WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!

AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Dec. 29 (Ticker) -- Chauncey Billups and Rasheed Wallace were too much down the stretch. Billups scored 30 points and Wallace added 21 as the Detroit Pistons won their ninth straight game with a 106-101 victory over the Miami Heat. HMMMM THAT BILLUPS IS PRETTY GOOD....FOR A GUY 5th IN THE ALL STAR VOTING...

A nine-year veteran, Billups struggled in his last three regular-season meetings against the Heat, averaging just 11 points and 5.7 assists. He came up huge this time around, connecting on 8-of-17 shots from the field and going 12-of-12 free throws while adding seven assists.

"Chauncey's playing great. He's playing unbelievable offensively and defensively," Richard Hamilton said. "He's making plays, hitting shots. He's just playing the way he knows how to play."

The Pistons led 79-72 at the start of the fourth quarter and Wallace's 3-pointer helped extend that advantage to nine points with 10:49 remaining. The Heat battled back to get within two at 83-81 on Dwyane Wade's jumper with 9:16 to play.

The Heat stayed within 89-87 until Tayshaun Prince drained a jumper as the shot clock expired. On the ensuing possession, Ben Wallace blocked Shaquille O'Neal's turnaround shot, leading to a fast-break dunk by Prince with 6:15 left. BLOCKED SHAQ!!!! WOOHOOO!

Miami rallied to tie the game at 99-99, but Billups sank a pull-up jumper to give Detroit some breathing room and Rasheed Wallace's deep 3-pointer with 1:06 left gave them a five-point lead. MR. BIG SHOT AGAIN!!!!!

"Whenever they came up with 6-0, 5-0 runs, we were able to respond either with Chauncey hitting a shot or Rasheed with a three," said Prince, who scored 13 points. "All five guys came through in the fourth quarter in the last six minutes and that is something that we have to do."

"They've been together long enough that when they see an opening like that, they take advantage of it," Miami guard Gary Payton said.

The Heat had a chance to get within one possession but Wade missed a jumper with 51 seconds remaining and Billups sank two free throws to seal the victory.

"We had the game all the way, we just made a lot of silly mistakes down the stretch," said O'Neal, who made 11-of-21 shots. "You can't do that against a team like Detroit."

Hamilton had 25 points and nine assists and Ben Wallace pulled down 14 boards for the Pistons, who connected on 7-of-18 3-pointers.

Detroit refused to attach any extra importance to the game, other than playing one of the better teams in the league.

"We don't look at it as, 'Oh, we beat the Heat,' or nothing like that because we know we've got to see them three more times and in the playoffs," said Rasheed Wallace, who nailed 4-of-6 from the arc.

Wade had 33 points and nine assists and O'Neal added 26 points for Miami, which lost despite holding a 46-36 advantage in points in the paint. Jason Williams scored 20 points on 8-of-16 shooting.

"Of course it matters that we lost," Heat center Alonzo Mourning said. "It matters a lot. We didn't play well enough to win. It's a simple game. You have to get stops and you have to score. They did that down the stretch, and we didn't."
Old 12-31-2005, 07:39 PM   #45
*~the REAL me~*

oooooppps 24-4... .James, Cavaliers Snap Pistons’ Winning Streak

CLEVELAND, Dec. 31 (Ticker) -- The Detroit Pistons beat Tim Duncan and Shaquille O'Neal in their nine-game winning streak. LeBron James wouldn't let the streak get to 10. {yeah he played well....but Detroit absolutely did NOT show up for this game..he shoulda scored 100}

James scored 30 points and the Cleveland Cavaliers held the Pistons to 34 percent shooting in a 97-84 victory. {Detroit wins as a TEAM..and then SUCKS as a team when they play poorly...couldn't throw the ball in the ocean today}

It was the first meeting of the season between the Central Division rivals. Last year, they split four games.

The Pistons are doing their best to run away with the division, getting off to a 24-3 start before Saturday's loss. The Cavs entered with a 17-10 record.

Detroit was bidding to become the first NBA team to win 10 in a row since it won 11 straight last March 30-April 19. But after beating Duncan and the defending champion San Antonio Spurs on Christmas Day in a rematch of last year's NBA Finals and O'Neal and the Miami Heat two nights ago, the Pistons did not shoot well enough to beat James and the Cavaliers. {DID NOT SHOOT WELL ENOUGH??? WTF?? THEY WERE ABSOLUTELY AWFUL ALL GAME...}

The Pistons' perimeter trio of Richard Hamilton, Chauncey Billups and Tayshaun Prince combined to make just 6-of-29 shots in the first half when the Cavaliers built a 54-40 lead. {even KOBE could shoot better than THAT!!!}

James scored 11 of his points in the third quarter, including a pair of free throws with 1:55 left to help the Cavaliers open their biggest lead at 79-59. {Must be all that damned SPRITE he drinks..but 'little' LeBron coulda scored 45 today..the way Detroit played}

After the Pistons pulled within 92-82 on a free throw by Carlos Delfino with 3:41 remaining in the fourth quarter, James connected on a 3-pointer with 3:15 left and then set up Zydrunas Ilgauskas for a layup to increase the advantage to 97-82. {Zydrunas is a dork...this won't happen again...}

The win was the seventh in eight games for the Cavaliers. {Don't get too worked up about Cleveland....a dead person woulda contributed about as much as the PISTON bench did (cept for McDyess} COUNT ON IT....THE PISTONS WILL WIN THE EAST...and not the Cavaliers....even if the whole 'Lebron' family suits up....
Now, turning our attention to that unintentional (yeah right) elbow by Kobe on Miller, and his 2 game suspension... Hey KObe...this just in...THAT WAS A FLAGRANT FOUL and MORE!!!! Though you are part right, in the NBA in years past....when you drove the lane...you got knocked on your azz...EVERY time...and it took guts to do that as a guard...or small forward....lately, even that pipsqueak Tony Parker leads the NBA in pts. in the paint...so the league is a LOT softer...but hey, even when that was true...those were usually called..and yours was a 'sneak' attack..since he didn't even see you coming....and yeah..you get fouled a lot...or at least you get a lot of free throws..but then....you almost NEVER pass the ball, either.....yes, you have WORLD class skills...but maturity??? dream on...
Old 12-31-2005, 08:39 PM   #46
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 99,052.40
Savings: 1.00
24-4,eh?

Damn, that's a good start! But is there TWO Detroit teams???

24-4...Well, not quite as good as the '96 Chicago Bulls, who were 41-3 on their way to a record 72-10 that year. Wonder what the Bulls record would have been if Rodman hadn't cocobutted the ref!

10 straight wins...they're getting pretty close to my '69 Los Angeles Lakers, who won 33 straight on their way to a then record 69-13 season. Imagine if Elgin Baylor hadn't retired 9 games into the season!

As for Kobe and that little foul. He was just playing...mytribalspace.com!!!LOL
I believe he was wearing a butterfly bandage over his eye. Hmmm, I wonder why he was wearing a bandage???

NBA...Gotta love it!

Happy New Year C! I'll be waiting for the next edition of the Detroit Free Press!!!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-08-2006, 08:38 PM   #47
*~the REAL me~*

Ooopsss 26-5!!!

AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Jan. 7 (Ticker) -- When it come to the Detroit Pistons, Andrei Kirilenko and the Utah Jazz are perfect.

Kirilenko scored a season-high 24 points and Mehmet Okur added 13 and 17 rebounds as the Jazz squeezed out a 94-90 overtime triumph over the Pistons, who had their nine-game home winning streak snapped. {{Ever notice how some of the nothing teams seem to play well against the good ones?? Utah is improving....but they still basically suck!!!}}

A 6-9 forward, Kirilenko has dominated Detroit this season. He had 22 points and 12 rebounds in a 92-78 home victory over the Pistons (26-5), who were swept by the Jazz in the season series. {{They think he's actually that Russian boxer in Rocky 5..so they lay off of him??? wasn't Birgitte Nielson seen around the Palace??}}

"Maybe it's that we don't need extra motivation against them," said Kirilenko, who pulled down 11 rebounds. "They're the best in the league, they won the championship two years ago and (are) playing like champions now. That just motivates us more."
{[Yeah and the fact they played TERRIBLE and mostly w/o Rasheed probably helped a little too, eh Andres???}}

Detroit's Chauncey Billups didn't know why the Jazz have the Pistons' number this season. "I can't put my finger on it," said Billups, who scored 24 points. "They're a tough team. They play extremely hard, mix it up and play some zone, some man and keep you off-balance. They're very well-coached and they're very disciplined."
{{now they need to do that against OTHER teams!!!!}}

A basket by Rasheed Wallace gave the Pistons an 86-85 advantage with 2:53 remaining in the extra session before Okur - a former Piston - sank 3-pointer and Greg Ostertag made a layup. {{OMG!!!! Greg Ostertag!! didn't he used to be a double for Boris Karloff in those old monster movies!! he makes Frankenstein's monster look mobile!!}}

"I had a great two years here," Okur said. "Everybody treated me so well. But now I just try to do my best for the Jazz." {{Yeah Mahmet...but in reality..you're a 6'11" floater...content to score onthe perimeter..and softer than Dolly Parton's cleavage....why anybody'd pay you HUGE $$ is a mystery to me}}}

Milt Palacio drained a jumper with 37 seconds left to give Utah a 92-88 lead. After a layup by Ben Wallace, Palacio came up huge once again, scoring on a driving layup with four seconds remaining to seal the victory. {[Those were NICE plays...but having the entire other team in foul trouble opens the lane some...too}}

"The jump shot and the layup, they were pretty big," said Palacio, who scored 14 points. "At that point, I thought they'd leave me a little. So I felt that if I would just be aggressive, I could do something." {{Yes, it isn't unusual too not concentrate on the bums with the game on the line}}

"I thought he (Palacio) played pretty well," Utah coach Jerry Sloan said. "He played defense well, which is tough no matter which of those guys you put him on. The important thing is we did a good job of keeping them on top of the basket and made them shoot over the top of us." {{Don't set up championship parties just yet...Jerry....and put acork in the champagne..this was actually a nothing game..for the Pistons....see ya when it counts...}}
Billups had a chance to win it in regulation but missed as time expired. {{yeah and he was FOULED too..but oh well}}

"Basically, it was a high pick-and-roll," said Billups, who added eight assists. "I knew they were going to help and I just slipped and lost control. I just tried to make a shot and got in a little finger roll. It actually felt good but it didn't go."

"I just wanted him to take a tough shot," Palacio said. "I wanted to make him shoot over me. With my size, I can get up on him." {[yeah but that's USUALLY a foul..tho}}

"Palacio, Williams and Ostertag all hurt us in overtime," Pistons coach Flip Saunders said. "Those aren't the guys you'd expect it from." {{True..and it won't happen very ofter, either!!!}}}
Old 01-09-2006, 05:34 AM   #48
is rockin & rollin \m/

Items ElephantDevilPresentGuitar
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 76,397.87
Savings: 52.80
Reading the Stars and Stripes Newspaper over here and it looks like the Pistons will be close to making or breaking the Bulls record...as long as no one gets hurt, or gets a long suspension it might actually happen. But the one thing they have to do and that is win the finals as well. Thats not going to be easy.

R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Come on Rez Dawg, you can make it, just another step to go....
Ndnsoldierboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-13-2006, 12:35 AM   #49
*~the REAL me~*

*Pistons shut down Spurs again for season series sweep* 28----5!!!!!!!!! WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SPURS UNBUCKLED!!!!!!!!!

Detroit held a 48-36 halftime advantage primarily due to a 29-14 margin on the glass. Doing most of the damage was Prince, who had eight. {{WINDEX!!!!!!!! lol cleaning the glass, BABY!!!}}

AND still....NO PISTONS are anywhere near being voted to the all-star team.....hmmm the fans mainly listen to the media....where it's 24 hrs a day Kobe, or LeBron....but the coach will ADD Billups, and perhaps Hamilton too.....if not, hey, they play with all-stars every night....as Chauncey Billups said when interviewed....

Hey SPURS..GET USED TO IT!!!!!!!! Anybody seen Duncan? Ginobili? Parker?? LOLOLOL
Old 01-14-2006, 11:26 PM   #50
*~the REAL me~*

Hmm 29-5.....and counting....!!! after a scrimmage against the Bobcats........not worth discussing this game.....'cept the Cats looked like a one legged man in an azz kickin contest....
Old 01-15-2006, 12:06 AM   #51
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Breaking News!

Kobe scores 27 points...and the Lakers win!

Well, it wasn't the over 40 points a game he scored in the previous 4 games.

I love my Lakers!

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 01-15-2006, 12:11 AM   #52
*~the REAL me~*

I once followed them too...with Kareem/Magic/Jamaal Wilkes/Worthy and Scott....now THAT was a lineup!! and the best EVER fastbreak team...
Old 01-15-2006, 12:19 AM   #53
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Showtime!

Yeah, I went to school with Kieth, err, Jamaal Wilkes. He was a grade ahead of me.

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 01-15-2006, 12:25 AM   #54
*~the REAL me~*

Keith was one of my ALL time faves....the silent assassin....a GREAT low post scorer,rebounder, defender,and that over the head jump shot...and he was also one of the all time greats in the whole NBA on moving without the ball.....and getting down the floor on breaks....a true class act, and a true gentleman too!
Old 01-16-2006, 08:32 PM   #55
*~the REAL me~*

WOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!! 30 and frikkin 5 !!!!!!!!!!!! but beating the current Celtics almosty should count for only 1/2 a win. I think some of the better NCAA teams could do that!
It's a shame to think of this franchise...where Celtic Pride was once feared and respected, could fall to these depths. Where's a modern Day Red Auerbach? or Bill Russell, k.C. Jones, Havlicek, Bird, Sharman, Cousy..or countless others who knew HOW to win.....
Anyways...here's a little on today's (ahem) game:
Detroit 94, Boston 84
Rasheed Wallace’s Huge Third Quarter Lifts Pistons

AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Jan. 16 (Ticker) -- The Boston Celtics didn't have one single player who could contain Rasheed Wallace in the third quarter. Wallace scored 18 of his 23 points in the third period and Richard Hamilton added 18 as the Detroit Pistons won their fourth straight game. A 6-11 forward with 3-point range, Wallace is having one of his best seasons from the arc, shooting 41 percent and ranking 14th in the NBA with 70 3-pointers. On Monday, he made 9-of-12 shots, including 3-of-6 from the arc, while grabbing nine rebounds.
The Pistons were nursing an 80-74 lead with under six minutes remaining when Tayshaun Prince scored on a runner and a 3-pointer from the right corner to rebuild the lead to double digits. Prince scored nine of his 13 points in the final quarter. {{clamping down at crunchtime}}

Chauncey Billups had 13 points and 16 assists {{16 assists!! and he's not an all star calibre point guard??}} Detroit, which shot 50 percent (35-of-70) overall and 8-of-19 from 3-point range. {{most of these shots were basically uncontested}}

Paul Pierce scored 21 points and Delonte West added 21 and seven rebounds for the Celtics, who shot a dismal 2-of-13 from the arc. Ricky Davis was held in check, going scoreless on 0-of-8 shooting.
{{These guys wearing Celtic uniforms...are an insult to Bird/Parrish/McHale/Johnson/Ainge....like seeing a hooker in a nun outfit!!!}}
WEll onward and upward.......
Old 01-23-2006, 07:25 AM   #56
is rockin & rollin \m/

Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
I read this online today here in Iraq.

81 points by Kobe? Did the other team even show up? OR was it other Lakers players wearing the other teams uniforms? j/k.

Thats alot of points...and they won too.

R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Old 01-25-2006, 12:09 AM   #57
*~the REAL me~*

34-5!!!!! woohoooooooooooo!!!!!

Ok....so Now, It's 34-5 As The Pistons Easily Defeat The Timber Wolves...and Now 8 Straight And Counting....
Nice All Around Game By All..nobody Scored 81....but Nobody Took 48 Shots, Either....
Memo To The Toronto Raptors...
There's This Guy On The Lakers Who Shoots A Lot!! And Can Shoot Free Throws, Too...it Might Be A Good Idea To Actually Cover Him When You Are On Defense....his Name Is Kobe Bryant...81 Points...geeez Weren't You Embarassed? Or Were Those Double Teams You Used Against All The Other Great Scorers On The Lakers The Reason He Was So Open?? But He Was, Notably, 26 Of 48 From The Field....above .500....this May Be A Testament To Shooting A Lot!! You Start To Make Them.....!!
Tho Wilt Chamberlain Scored 100..and 70+ Twice,and Elgin Baylor Surpassed 70..as Well As David Thompson...
Michael Jordan Scored 63.....in The Frikkin Playoffs!! Aginst A Strong Celtics Team....this Was One Hell Of An Exhibition....obtw...when David Thompson Did This,it Was Against The Detroit Pistons!!! Here In Detroit...when They Looked Like The Current Raptors...
Last Word Of The Day:
Memo To Bill Walton....you Suck As An Announcer...you Seem To Know Very Little About A Game You Played Pretty Well....and Add No Humor, History, Or Value To The Broadcast..can You Say Sonny Hill? Listen To His Old Tapes...
Old 01-25-2006, 12:16 AM   #58
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Mmmm...I like innie bellybuttons!!!

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 01-25-2006, 12:20 AM   #59
*~the REAL me~*

YEAH J.D. THAT'S ONE THING IN DETROIT THAT THE JAPANESE WILL NEVER SURPASS!!! LOLOL.....hope we DON'T downsize/outsource THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-25-2006, 07:45 AM   #60
is rockin & rollin \m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad
Mmmm...I like innie bellybuttons!!!

Sponsored Links