Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree44Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > Rec Room Inside The Nba Brough To You By Colonah Not Hyundai Inside The Nba Brough To You By Colonah Not Hyundai

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-07-2006, 01:38 AM   #81
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 99,052.40
Savings: 1.00
Hey....I'm a Lakerite!!!

Signed,

Snoop Dogg

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-07-2006, 11:01 PM   #82
*~the REAL me~*

Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Inside The Nba Playoffs Edition--game One And No Hyundais In Detroit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe G
So hoopsters, the matchups are set for round two...
Kudos to the Suns for coming back from 3-1 against the Lakers...
it's time for Dyan Cannon, Jack Nicholson, Snoop Dog, and the rest of the Lakerites to face reality..their team sucks! Kobe is a great player, but where was he in the second half? 3 shots?? bizarre...
Anyway, on to round two...:
Eastern Conference:

Detroit Pistons vs. Cleveland Cavaliers: Team MOTOWN against LeBron and the mistake on the lake crew! Other than the chance to see the next great one, WE WILL ALL BE WITNESSES! but to an old fashioned *** kicking...Detroit has too much more at every position....and nobody on the Cavs can deal w/ the many matchups that Detroit offers. LeBron will be fun to watch...but Detroit will win in 5..or 6 if they get overconfident...
{{ DETROIT WINS 113-86...GOES UP 1 GAME TO NOTHING..THIS GAME SHOWS THE LEAGUE, AND HOPEFULLY DAVID STERN, THAT DETROIT, WHO ALWAYS DRAWS THE JUNIOR VARSITY TV TIMES/CHANNELS IF KOBE OR LEBRON ARE PLAYING, IS A PRETTY GOOD TEAM!! AHEAD BY 37?? AND WINNING BY 27??? THIS WAS CHRISTIANS AGAINST LIONS, AS PREDICTED}}

New Jersey and Miami Heat: Bulls gave Miami fits w/ outside shooting, and constant motion and hustle. But the NETS aren't as young, or as good a 3 point shooting team. Vince Carter has scored a LOT so far, but has a history of coming up short at crunch time. Nobody on NJ canhandle Shaq, or D Wade, and J Kidd can only shoot against Detroit....so look for the Heat to prevail in 6....

Western Conference:

San Antonio Spurs vs. Dallas Mavericks: These aren't the 'doughnut' Mavericks (soft, and hole in the middle) of yesteryear, and Avery has them playing Defense...so this matchup is the primo
One so far this year...and the true Western Conference finals. This will be a clsoe fought series, but the Spurs will win in 6 or 7, banking on their playoff experience..and as usual Duncan and Ginobili/Parker
{{ SPURS WIN 87-85..GO UP 1-0..TIGHT AS PREDICTED...AND AS USUAL, NOWITZKE COMES UP SHORT AT CRUNCHTIME...ALMOST TURNING THE BALL OVER, AND PASSING WITH ALMOST NO TIME LEFT TO A WELL COVERED JERRY STACKHOUSE. THIS SERIES WILL STAY TIGHT...AS PREDICTED, BUT THE SPURS WILL WIN...DUNCAN IS PLAYING LIKE DUNCAN AGAIN AT CRUNCHTIME}}

Phoenix Suns Vs. LA Clippers: The key to this one is who will control the tempo.....If allowed to run at will...nobody can beat the Suns, but the Clippers will probably do as the Lakers did, and play physical, and 1/2 court style featuring and inside game. And they have a LOT more talent than the Lakers, so they can make that work....I see the Clippers winning in 6 or 7
Joe G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-12-2006, 06:14 PM   #83
*~the REAL me~*

Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
" WE WILL ALL BE WITNESSES! but to an old fashioned *** kicking..."
Hmmm I posted this on 7 May....and yesterday, Charles Barkley uses that line on national TV! !! do you think he reads my humble thread?? maybe so...hey Chuck, Wazzup? how about helping me rid NBA TV of Bill Walton? he's like the WORST analyst ever!! He makes Brent Musberger seem like Red Auerbach!!!!
Old 05-13-2006, 04:13 AM   #84
PowWows.com Addicts

**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute
**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute
Location: just think trees, lakes, rolling hills n fresh air.
I thought I was the only one who hated Bill Walton!!!! Can't stand him. I hope his son don't become a commentator, please God no!
Old 05-13-2006, 01:41 PM   #85
*~the REAL me~*

Another Walton!!!!! Arrrgghhhhhhhh!!

Jdazmum....
Omg!!! I Never Thought Of That Posibbility!! Now, That's Downright Scary!!!! It Ranks Up There As A Disaster With:
1. Asian Bird Flu Mutations
2. Hurricane Katrina
3. Armageddon
4. Black Plague
5. Locusts

Luke Walton As An Announcer...omg! Too Scary To Contemplate Another Walton!!!
Old 05-13-2006, 08:00 PM   #86
*~the REAL me~*

Eastern Conference UPDATE:

Detroit Pistons vs. Cleveland Cavaliers: UPDATE Team MOTOWN against LeBron and the mistake on the lake crew! Other than the chance to see the next great one, WE WILL ALL BE WITNESSES! but to an old fashioned *** kicking...Detroit has too much more at every position....and nobody on the Cavs can deal w/ the many matchups that Detroit offers. LeBron will be fun to watch...but Detroit will win in 5..or 6 if they get overconfident...
{{ DETROIT WINS 113-86...GOES UP 1 GAME TO NOTHING..THIS GAME SHOWS THE LEAGUE, AND HOPEFULLY DAVID STERN, THAT DETROIT, WHO ALWAYS DRAWS THE JUNIOR VARSITY TV TIMES/CHANNELS IF KOBE OR LEBRON ARE PLAYING, IS A PRETTY GOOD TEAM!! AHEAD BY 37?? AND WINNING BY 27??? THIS WAS CHRISTIANS AGAINST LIONS, AS PREDICTED}}
Detroit up 2-1 after losing 84-77 to the Cleveland James Gang....but do NOT panic, Detroit has a phobia about game 3's almost never winning one ever...and this shows why the PISTONS are vastly superior...they played their worst game in like, years, and the Cavaliers could barely beat them...even though they played well. Memo to David Stern, OK turn up the MEDIA blitz..LeBron had a triple double...and the Cavs beat Detroit!!! lay it on good, and thick....sell those jerseys!! but ultimately, Cleveland has HAD it's day in the sun now....and will get KILLED in this series...If I didn't know better, I'd swear the PISTONS were all stoned in this one...but they will RULE!!!!!! now

New Jersey and Miami Heat: Bulls gave Miami fits w/ outside shooting, and constant motion and hustle. But the NETS aren't as young, or as good a 3 point shooting team. Vince Carter has scored a LOT so far, but has a history of coming up short at crunch time. Nobody on NJ canhandle Shaq, or D Wade, and J Kidd can only shoot against Detroit....so look for the Heat to prevail in 6....
Heat up 2-1...and on track to eliminate the NETS in 6...the HEAT have no answer for Carter, but Wade, and Shaq...are too much for a team without much of a low post defense....but the HEAT look beatable, if you move off the ball, run, and play defense. Will this lead to the PISTONS eliminating a SHAQ led team three straight years? Yes, hoopsters...it SURE will....
Old 05-13-2006, 08:18 PM   #87
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Eastern Conference UPDATE:

Detroit Pistons vs. Cleveland Cavaliers: UPDATE Team MOTOWN against LeBron and the mistake on the lake crew! Other than the chance to see the next great one, WE WILL ALL BE WITNESSES! but to an old fashioned *** kicking...Detroit has too much more at every position....and nobody on the Cavs can deal w/ the many matchups that Detroit offers. LeBron will be fun to watch...but Detroit will win in 5..or 6 if they get overconfident...
Detroit up 2-1 after losing 84-77 to the Cleveland James Gang....but do NOT panic, Detroit has a phobia about game 3's almost never winning one ever...and this shows why the PISTONS are vastly superior...they played their worst game in like, years, and the Cavaliers could barely beat them...even though they played well. Memo to David Stern, OK turn up the MEDIA blitz..LeBron had a triple double...and the Cavs beat Detroit!!! lay it on good, and thick....sell those jerseys!! but ultimately, Cleveland has HAD it's day in the sun now....and will get KILLED in this series...If I didn't know better, I'd swear the PISTONS were all stoned in this one...but they will RULE!!!!!! now

I have to agree with this statement...Did you see the way the Pistons were stumbling around trying to defend Lebron on his way to a triple double?!!! Wasn't that Teshaun Prince stumbling backwards while LB was knocking down threes?! And did you see Rasheed (another dumb Carolina player) tripping over himself while picking up two fouls on two plays? This might turn out to be a pretty good series, but I have to agree, Detroit is pretty strong and should win.

Let's go watch the Spurs/Mavs game!

Anybody wanna buy a jersey?!

David Stern

Heat up 2-1...and on track to eliminate the NETS in 6...the HEAT have no answer for Carter, but Wade, and Shaq...are too much for a team without much of a low post defense....but the HEAT look beatable, if you move off the ball, run, and play defense. Will this lead to the PISTONS eliminating a SHAQ led team three straight years? Yes, hoopsters...it SURE will....
P.S. This is not JD writing this...Hi 'C'!!!

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 05-15-2006, 10:43 PM   #88
*~the REAL me~*

PISTONS CAVS 2-2.......after one of the UGLIEST games in NBA playoff history!!

CLEVELAND (Ticker) -- The Cleveland Cavaliers opted to let their defense do the talking. {HMMMM AND A LITTLE HELP FROM THEIR FRIENDS}

With LeBron James enduring a rough second half, Anderson Varejao and the Cavaliers locked down defensively, smothering the Detroit Pistons in a critical 74-72 victory to even their Eastern Conference semifinal series at two games apiece.

James scored just seven of his 22 points in the second half, finishing 8-of-23 from the field and 5-of-10 from the line with a game-high eight turnovers.
{ARE THE BASKETS IN CLEVELAND REGULATION SIZED?? THEY LOOKED LIKE ONES THE CARNIVALS USE WHICH ARE ABOUT 1/4 INCH EITHER SIDE BIGGER THAN THE BALL}

But Cleveland, which was playing its second straight game without third-leading scorer Larry Hughes - who is mourning the death of his brother - had six other players score between six and 12 points and, most importantly, turned up the defense when it mattered most.

After allowing the Pistons to average 105.0 points in dropping the first two games of the series, the Cavaliers have held the best team in the East to 75.5 points in winning the last two contests.

Detroit shot only 33 percent (25-of-75) in this one, including an abysmal 4-of-18 in the fourth quarter. The Pistons shot just 4-of-15 from 3-point range and committed 14 turnovers against only 12 assists. {HMMMM CAN'T THROW IT IN THE OCEAN ALL OF A SUUDEN?}

The fourth-seeded Cavaliers held Detroit to just two points in the final 2:50 with the help of two key defensive plays from Varejao in the final 30 seconds.

With Cleveland holding a 73-72 lead with 29.6 seconds left, the Brazilian forward stepped in and took a charge on Chauncey Billups. After James missed a jumper on the other end, Varejao altered Richard Hamilton's runner in the lane with about 10 seconds left. {AND BLOCKING WASN'T CALLED, THOUGH HE UMM 'SLID' IN TO THE LANE!! AND TRAPPING A SHOT AFTER IT HITS THE BACKBOARD USED !! TO BE CALLED GOALTENDING}}

Eric Snow scored 12 points and Varejao added 10 and six rebounds for the Cavaliers, who received a little extra motivation to win the contest Sunday when Pistons forward Rasheed Wallace guaranteed a victory. However, Wallace was unable to back it up as he battled a sprained ankle to score only seven points on 3-of-13 shooting.
{MEMO TO RASHEED..DON'T WRITE A CHECK W/ YOUR MOUTH THAT YOUR BODY CAN'T CASH!!}}

Hamilton led Detroit with 30 points on 11-of-25 shooting. Tayshaun Prince contributed 16 points and Billups added 13 but shot just 3-of-10 from the field. The Pistons, who received only seven points from their bench, will host Game Five on Wednesday.
{HMM CHAUNCEY 'MR. BIG SHOT' BILLUPS LOOKED AFRAID TO SHOOT AT CRUNCH TIME, BIZARRE..MUST BE THE CLEVELAND WATER}}

The teams jockeyed back and forth for most of the first half with neither team leading by more than five points. The Pistons shot only 34 percent (14-of-41) but entered intermission with a 38-36 lead behind 15 points from Hamilton. James scored 15 points to lead the Cavaliers, capping the opening 24 minutes with a difficult stepback 3-pointer as the second-quarter buzzer sounded.
{AND EVEN BETTER, HE WAS OUT OF BOUNDS WHEN HE SHOT IT! MAYBE DAVID STERN SHOULD GIVE HIM 4PTS FOR THAT ONE!}

However, that would be James' last basket until he converted a challenging lefthanded drive to the basket that gave Cleveland a 72-70 lead with 2:18 remaining in the fourth quarter.

Hamilton answered with a pair of free throws to tie it before James split two foul shots with 1:02 to play. James capped the scoring with a free throw with 1.3 seconds left and, without a timeout left, the Pistons were unable to get a shot off on their final chance. {THAT LOOKED LIKE A RUGBY SCRUM!! BUT MEMO TO FLIP SAUNDERS..IF YOU GAMBLE ON LETTING THE REFS DECIDE A GAME....YOU MAY LOSE ESP. ON THE ROAD...YES, THE PISTONS WERE MUGGED ON THAT PLAY...BUT THE ZEBRAS AREN'T GONNA CALL A FOUL THAT LATE..IT WAS A DUMB STRATEGY}
BUT, DO NOT DESPAIR...THE PISTONS NEVER SEEM TO DO ANYTHING THE EASY WAY....BUT THEY WILL WIN THIS SERIES.....IT'S HARD TO IMAGINE PLAYING THIS BADLY AGAIN...
Old 05-15-2006, 10:48 PM   #89
*~the REAL me~*

Miami Heat Up 3-1 On New Jersey Nets...
Ok Go To Your Kitchen, And Open The Drawer, And Get Out A Fork. Put It In The Nets, They're Done. They Have Shown Zero Ability To Hit Three Pointers, Or Cover D Wade...or Shaq...and Their Iron Triangle Of Carter/kidd/jefferson Is Starting To Look A Little Rusty...
Memo To New Jersey...one Good Outside Shooter, And You'd Be Real Tough To Beat...but J Kidd Isn't Gettin Any Younger, So Hurry And Get One.
So Miami Gets To The Finals, Where They Lose To Detroit Again, And Shaq Gets A Triple Triple...play Pistons 3 Times In Finals, Lose All 3 Times..
Old 05-15-2006, 10:59 PM   #90
*~the REAL me~*

Western Conference Update:

Phoenix Suns And La Clippers 2-2...
Hmm Maybe Steve Nash Really Is The Mvp, Eh Lebron And Kobe And Chauncey? The Suns Are Missing 2 Key Big Men And Their Best Player Amare Stoudamire, And Are Still Winning....take Shaq And Or Wade Off Miami, Billups Or Wallace Off Detroit, Duncan And Or Parker Of San Antonio, And Nowitzke And Or Howard Off Dallas, And Probably None Of Them Would Even Be Here..
D'antoni Shoud Be Coach Of The Century...winning Without These Guys...and Basically Playing Bench Guys, Who Admittedly Have Stepped Up...but Hmmm
All Year, I Keep Writing Off The Suns,and All Year, They Keep On Coming Back!! Kudos To This Team..win Or Lose...

San Antonio 1- Dallas 2
25 Free Throws For Nowitzke? He Has Outflopped Even Manu Ginobili, Who Had Diving Lessons From Greg Louganis...but A 7'1" Guy Shooting Mostly Fade Aways, And He Gets 25 Free Throws?? Gimme A Frikkin Break...oh Yeah Memo To David Stern, And The Refs Nice Touch, Fouling Out Tim Duncan At Crunch Time!! And A Touch Foul At That!!! Are You On Mark Cuban's Payroll? Superstars Do Not!!!!!! Foul Out W/ A Minute Left, Even If They Are Carrying A Weapon Normally!!!!!
And The Defending Champs Are Supposed To Get A Break..for Heaven's Sake...but San Antonio Will Win....if They Can Pound On Nowitze (and Actually Touch Him On These Fouls) But Popovich Has Fallen In Love With The 'small' Lineup.....hmmm 63-19 With Bigger Lineup...so We Need To Play A Small One?? What Gives??
Old 05-16-2006, 01:42 AM   #91
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Mmmmmm...HELLO!

There's something called the 'Western Conference Finals' going on also. Can we have some insight from...'Inside The Nba Brought To You by Colonah Not Hyundai'?

Keep up the good reporting there, JoeG!!!

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 05-16-2006, 06:22 AM   #92
*~the REAL me~*

Hi JD look^^^^ one post...
Old 05-17-2006, 11:32 AM   #93
PowWows.com Addicts

Furiously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond repute
Furiously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond reputeFuriously-Fancy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 450.31
Quote:
So hoopsters, the matchups are set for round two...
Kudos to the Suns for coming back from 3-1 against the Lakers...
it's time for Dyan Cannon, Jack Nicholson, Snoop Dog, and the rest of the Lakerites to face reality..their team sucks! Kobe is a great player, but where was he in the second half? 3 shots?? bizarre...
Anyway, on to round two...:
Eastern Conference:

Detroit Pistons vs. Cleveland Cavaliers: Team MOTOWN against LeBron and the mistake on the lake crew! Other than the chance to see the next great one, WE WILL ALL BE WITNESSES! but to an old fashioned *** kicking...Detroit has too much more at every position....and nobody on the Cavs can deal w/ the many matchups that Detroit offers. LeBron will be fun to watch...but Detroit will win in 5..or 6 if they get overconfident...

Western Conference:

San Antonio Spurs vs. Dallas Mavericks: These aren't the 'doughnut' Mavericks (soft, and hole in the middle) of yesteryear, and Avery has them playing Defense...so this matchup is the primo
One so far this year...and the true Western Conference finals. This will be a clsoe fought series, but the Spurs will win in 6 or 7, banking on their playoff experience..and as usual Duncan and Ginobili/Parker

Phoenix Suns Vs. LA Clippers: The key to this one is who will control the tempo.....If allowed to run at will...nobody can beat the Suns, but the Clippers will probably do as the Lakers did, and play physical, and 1/2 court style featuring and inside game. And they have a LOT more talent than the Lakers, so they canmake that work....I see the Clippers winning in 6 or 7
You've called it well my friend......until now. I said it in the beginning and I will keep saying it......the SUNS & PISTONS for the World Championships. True the Suns are often outmanned......but as you well know it's all about DESIRE. The Suns are extremely determined therefore they win!! ; )
Old 05-18-2006, 12:43 AM   #94
*~the REAL me~*

Oooooppppsss!!! Cleveland Wins By 2 Over Detroit......
Hmmm The First Place Team In The Whole Nba And The Cavs? What Gives?? The Pistons Are Making Them Look Like The Best Team In The Nba In The Last 30 Years!!!
We Won't Talk About Fouling Out 1/2 The Detroit Starters, And Then Allowing Martial Arts Defense Against The Detroit Guards...the Great Teams Overcome The Officials When Necessary....
And Tho We Love Ben Wallace...we Were Always Secretly Worried About Him Shooting Foul Shots At Crunch Time! O For 2..with The Frikkin Game On The Line....won't Get You To The Hallof Fame....and This At Contract Negotiation Time??? Good Plan...
And Memo To Flip Saunders..you Are Making Larry Brown Look Like The Legendary Red Auerbach...those Little 'adjustments' The Great Teams Make Between Games Are Key This Time Of Year...and Standing Around And Watching Isn't An Offensive Set...where Did The Pick And Roll Go? And What Happened To Mr. Big Shot? C'mon We've Got A Better Player At Every Position Except For Lebron...and We Are Way!!!!! Too Worried About Him...he Should Be Being Forced To Adjust To Us....!!!
But The True Great Teams Overcome Adversity..and Detroit Will Not Quietly Surrender....and Will Be Back And Will Still Win This Series....
Memo To Zebras...why Are Flops Being Called Fouls..and Muggings Are 'part Of The Game'?? A Little Consistency Please....for Both Teams Sake....
Spurs Win 98-97......and Get To 2-3 With Mavs:
As We Said, The Great Teams Don't Fold Under Pressure...and Do Close Out The Opponent.....the Spurs Will Not Lay Down Either...and Will Win In 7....
Unless Nowitzke Is Allowed To Keep Shooting Free Throws Every Time Somebody Looks In His Direction.....a 7 Foot Fade Away Shooter Should Never Be Shooting That Many Fouls Shots...while Little Tony Parker Leads The Nba In Scoring In The Paint, But Will Need Comprehensive Medical Coverage Before This Series Is Over....ummmm How Many Free Throws Has He Gotten??
Old 05-19-2006, 10:19 PM   #95
*~the REAL me~*

Inside The Nba Round Two Eastern Semis

Detroit Pistons win 84-82!! even at 3-3 in games....

So hoopsters, Rasheed comes back! and 4-8 from the 3pt line....and this AFTER lookin like an *** w/ his predictions...and ankle injury.....even tho Detroit won, it is getting to be more than the average fan should have to watch to see the officiating so lopsided.....did NIKE (who owns the marketing rights to LeBron) buy out the league offices, and dictate that he would be annointed??
The guy is the next big thing in NBA history, and before he's done, people will forget the Doctor/Magic/Bird/and maybe even Michael, this guys the whole package..6'8" strong, quick, and basketball savvy WAY beyond his years....memo to the Eastern conference, it's gonna a long several years if he gets any talented teammates!! SO>>>>he doesn't need to get EVERY call EVERY time, hell he was so called fouled 5 seconds after the ball was gone!! and he uses his strength to shed defenders, but that's NEVER called...it's almost become a joke to see...he either gets an uncontested lay-up or dunk..or a foul is called..then poor Rip Hamilton is assaulted at crunch time...and the zebras look the other way....and he 'turned the ball over' according to the announcers!!
memo to David Stern.....if the game is to have any integrity..there has to be at least SOME balance in the whistles...I know the NBA is dying to market LeBron...but he doesn't need help from the zebras!!!!
Now, back to the game....nobody took more than 9 freee throws except LeBron with his 18!!!! and did you see the pressure shots by Chauncey..with a defender choking him?? and Rasheed sandwiched by three guys?? where was the 'and one' on those plays???
But, as I humbly predicted, the PISTONS NEVER!!! give up...or panic....and did get this critical win to bring the series back to the MOTOR city.....where they will prevail...unless 5 officials work this one, and all of them have #23 and 'we are all witnesses" T shirts!
Kudos to ancient Lindsey Hunter, who is all of 6' covering Lebron at 6' 8" and doing a respectable job.....and to 'Sheed' for not hiding under the pressure..and to Tayshaun Prince for steady play throughout.....
Lastly......can't say enough about LeBron...who's out there with castoffs from the CBA..but is so great...that they are still competitive....if he gets some talented teammates, the road to the title will definitely go thru (UGH) Cleveland!!!!!!!
Old 05-20-2006, 01:15 AM   #96
*~the REAL me~*

Inside The Nba Western Conference Semis

Spurs win....even series at 3-3...
Hmm as I said, the Spurs will NOT give up...and will win this series...now it's even and back to San Antonio.....one word describes what happened: GINOBILI!!! Manu is back and played very well...keeping SA in while Duncan was on the bench w/ foul trouble.....and Parker playing poorly....

Last edited by Joe G; 05-20-2006 at 01:19 AM..
Old 05-20-2006, 01:30 AM   #97
PowWows.com Addicts

**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute
**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute
Location: just think trees, lakes, rolling hills n fresh air.
yeah, Spurs! This is a fun playoff, I would love to see Spurs duke it out with the Suns. They got a 3 day rest, hope it helps. 50 thinks that it's a conspiracy, it's all coordinated so that it can go to Game 7 so the NBA can make more money off ticket sales. Front row seats go for $8,000! Fork the money over!
Old 05-20-2006, 01:39 AM   #98
*~the REAL me~*

Yeah JDazmum....50 may be on to something....I used to go to PISTONS games...when it didn't cost a mortgage and firstborn to get in ....and enjoy a 5 dollar 12 oz beer, 10$ parking (a mile away) and 3 dollar soggy hotdogs. And there was a time when the fans there actually knew the game. Once, I was sitting amongst all these rich folks w/ women in diamonds/furs/etc...and one of them actually asked me: "which one is Michael Jordan'? !!!!!! of all the players in NBA history, he'd be one you'd expect people to know....and most of the chatter was about gossip/money/stocks/bonds..etc...and nothing about hoops....I never go anymore...it just isn't worth it and the crowds are too wierd...
Yeah Pistons and Suns would be good...but first we gotta get past Cleveland, and then Miami too....but I have confidence in the PISTONS..they have heart..and character ....as do the Suns too..and the Spurs.....
The NBA does generate a TON of money..so the average guy type fan is squeezed out...and 50 could be about right
Old 05-20-2006, 06:01 PM   #99
is rockin & rollin \m/

Items ElephantDevilPresentGuitar
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 76,397.87
Savings: 52.80
I think before Lebron gets any kudos, he needs to get a ring for a championship on his hands...he is a good player though. I haven't been keeping up with the B-ball recently but seen its a crazy playoff season afterall. Good luck Pistons...going to need it.

R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Come on Rez Dawg, you can make it, just another step to go....
Ndnsoldierboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-21-2006, 07:27 PM   #100
*~the REAL me~*

Hmmmm what's that sound??? a passing locomotive? an errant jet plane off course?
a UFO? nahhh it's the PISTONS defense sucking the life outta the Cavs...and eliminating them.....61 pts in a WHOLE game???? 23 in the second half? well, as predicted, the great teams are REAL hard to eliminate, eh LeBron?? Lets' RECAP:

Detroit 79, Cleveland 61
Pistons Stymie James in Second Half to Advance
Cavaliers Home
|

AUBURN HILLS, Mich., May 21 (Ticker) -- The Detroit Pistons taught LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers a lesson about what it takes to win a Game Seven. {DEFENSE BABY!!!! and TOTAL team play .....}}

Flashing their trademark defense to slow down James in the second half while shutting down the rest of his teammates the entire way, the Pistons grinded out a 79-61 victory over the Cavaliers in the decisive seventh game of the Eastern Conference semifinals. {18 pts...hmmmm but thanks Cleveland for reminding Detroit HOW they got here...}}}

NBA highlights from
Cavaliers-Pistons: Play
Tayshaun Prince scored 20 points and Richard Hamilton 15 for the top-seeded Pistons, who won the final two games of the series to advance to the conference finals for the fourth straight season. {Count 'em 4TH straight!...}}}

Playing their fourth Game 7 in the last three seasons, the Pistons used a tenacious defensive effort in the second half to finally shake the fourth-seeded Cavaliers, who were not even expected to be in a decisive game against the NBA's best team during the regular season. {Yeah it wasn't easy....and LeBron was REALLY a tough cover...but his teammates were exposed as the no talent dorks they actually are..I think i could score 10 pts if the entire other team was covering LeBron}}

In the second half, the Pistons held the Cavaliers to just 23 points, tying the lowest mark in a second half in playoff history. Utah scored 23 points against Chicago in Game 3 of the 1998 NBA Finals. (23pts!! dayuummmm total suffication}}

The 61 points was the third-lowest mark in playoff history. {Michael once scored 61 against a good Celtics team in the playoffs...by HIMSELF!!}}

Cleveland shot just 19 percent (5-of-26) after the break, when Detroit showed its championship mettle. {and LeBron didn't get a foul called on Detroit every time he had the ball..or a Piston looked in his direction...hey he actually was called for charging...hmm could it be David Stern and the Zebras read this thread??}}

The inexperienced Cavs were carried to the decisive game by the 21-year-old James, who had been brilliant throughout his first postseason. {No argument there...this was one of the best examples ever of 1 guy carrying a bunch of stiffs...even Michael had Scotty Pippen, and all those outside shooters (Kerr/Paxson..etc) when he was winning titles...LeBron looked about about like George A. Custer towards the end of that battle...absolutely no help from any teammates}}

James got off to a strong start in the biggest game of his young career, scoring 21 of his 27 points in the first half that ended with the Pistons holding a 40-38 lead. {and everybody who owns stock in Nike celebrating}}}

However, the Pistons' constant double-teams finally began to take their toll on James, who missed his first seven shots and went just 1-of-9 from the floor in the second half. {Actually, this was kind of a return to the 'Jordan Rules' where the entire roster is assigned to stop him...regardless of what any other player does...this is what should have been done all along...then it woulda been a sweep..instead of 7 games}}

James made 11-of-24 shots overall and never really got any help from the rest of his teammates who went a combined 9-of-41 from the floor. {9 of 41??? damn, they should all retire/resign...and take up something else.....}}
So, the PISTONS go on to play the Miami Heat..where SHAQ and D Wade await...and get nervous....these PISTONS can NEVER be counted out.....
memo to David Stern/NIke....
How come there aren't any cutesy slogans and jersey promotions about Detroit?? they have a funny habit of showing up in the NBA finals...so some of them must be pretty good players....duhhhh
Sponsored Links