Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > Rec Room ~Native Women~ ~Native Women~

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-31-2006, 07:03 PM   #1
N8tiffUmatillaMAMA

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
WocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
WocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,094.49
Savings: 1.00
~Native Women~

I wanted to share this with all of you - it says it all.
There is only one flaw in Native Women...

Native Women have strengths that amaze men.

They bear hardships and they carry burdens,

but they hold happiness, love and joy.

They smile when they want to scream.

They sing when they want to cry.

They cry when they are happy

and laugh when they are nervous.

They fight for what they believe in.

They stand up to injustice.

They don't take "no" for an answer

when they believe there is a better solution.

They go without so their family can have.

They love unconditionally.

They cry when their children excel

and cheer when their friends get awards.

They are happy when they hear about

a birth or a wedding.

Their hearts break when a friend dies.

They grieve at the loss of a family member,

yet they are strong when they

think there is no strength left.

They know that a hug and a kiss

can heal a broken heart.

Native Women come in all shapes, and sizes.

They'll walk, run or ride on horse back far just

to be with you, that is how much they care about you.

The heart of a Native woman is what

makes the world keep turning.

They bring joy, hope and love.

They have compassion and ideas.

They give moral support to their

family and friends.

Native Women have vital things to say

and everything to give.

HOWEVER, IF THERE IS ONE FLAW IN NATIVE WOMEN,

IT IS THAT THEY FORGET THEIR WORTH.
WocusWoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-06-2006, 08:51 AM   #2
Eastern Blanket Dancer

Items Treasure Chest
bahnisiain has a reputation beyond repute
bahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond reputebahnisiain has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,722.75
sounds like the women in my family!

bahnisiain is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-22-2006, 04:26 PM   #3
Princess

lena has a reputation beyond reputelena has a reputation beyond reputelena has a reputation beyond reputelena has a reputation beyond reputelena has a reputation beyond reputelena has a reputation beyond reputelena has a reputation beyond reputelena has a reputation beyond reputelena has a reputation beyond reputelena has a reputation beyond reputelena has a reputation beyond reputelena has a reputation beyond reputelena has a reputation beyond reputelena has a reputation beyond reputelena has a reputation beyond reputelena has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 60.00
Savings: 54.12
so true...this is so beautiful
lena is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-22-2006, 06:17 PM   #4
Senior Dancer

debbieyd is a name known to all
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Cool Sounds like my mom God Bless her soul!

Of all the times I've spent with my mom, her teachings is what I took for granted and now I'm paying for it! Lost Soul here!
Old 03-29-2006, 11:19 AM   #5
YOU KNOW YOU LOVE THIS...

Items Treasure ChestElephantElephantTreasure Chest
Migiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond repute
Migiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond reputeMigiziwomen has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 11,828.87
I pasted that to my mail and sent it off to the women in my family.

thank you
Old 09-24-2006, 02:35 AM   #6
walk your talk

tiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond repute
tiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond reputetiffany redfeather has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 413.53
thank you wocus woman so much, this is an awsome piece you have! it made me cry! i am so happy and touched, we all have that one flaw. i may be young. but i have done much, an this is so true. it mainly reminded me of my grandmother, the one who i have always looked up to!

she raised four kids in the city by herself after my grandfather was murdered....the oldest was my uncle who was i think nine...my dad was only two......

i will have to write this in a card for her birthday...it is in october....

thank you so much again for sharing!
may the creator bless you in all ways sweeti!

sometimes you have to live life as if what everyone else thinks does not matter, but is still a factor...
that even though you think you are so lost, you may be found...
no matter what comes in your life, it will be over come...
and that the real reason that you live is for love, and finding inner peace...
live free for what its worth an never let life hold you back from living
One person can make a difference----lets all of us give it a try.--- john f. Kennedy

other places u can find me...

]htt://www.myspace.com/hawkredfeather630
www.facebook.com/redfeather630
tiffany redfeather is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-24-2006, 09:31 PM   #7
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 36,414.53
So wonderful and soooooo true. If you wrote that, keep up the great work. If you discovered it in a book , could you give out the name? I'd love to read more.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-07-2007, 05:50 PM   #8
PowWows.com Addicts

OneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond repute
OneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond repute
It's a beautiful wonderful poem my friend. I've read this before on a bulletin on Myspace. Although you packaged it a bit differently. I found that it was a bit choppy to read and flowed slower than the post I read previously. I found it a bit harder to follow...

It's not like you didn't get your point across. But what do I know, I've only been writing for 17 years...

Peace
Old 01-07-2007, 10:26 PM   #9
N8tiffUmatillaMAMA

WocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
WocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,094.49
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneidaDreamer
It's a beautiful wonderful poem my friend. I've read this before on a bulletin on Myspace. Although you packaged it a bit differently. I found that it was a bit choppy to read and flowed slower than the post I read previously. I found it a bit harder to follow...

It's not like you didn't get your point across. But what do I know, I've only been writing for 17 years...

Peace
Ok, since you think your all that and then some....J/K I did not write this, and I don't know who, it was forwarded to my email months ago, It touched my heart, so I thought I would share in this forum. Didn't know I would judged for the errors in the piece.
WocusWoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-08-2007, 06:48 AM   #10
PowWows.com Addicts

OneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond repute
OneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeOneidaDreamer has a reputation beyond repute
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by WocusWoman
Ok, since you think your all that and then some....J/K I did not write this, and I don't know who, it was forwarded to my email months ago, It touched my heart, so I thought I would share in this forum. Didn't know I would judged for the errors in the piece.

I was wondering if you'd respond publicly or not. Good for you don't take no $hit off anyone; poet or not!!!
I understand the cutting/paste task, doesn't always regurgitate pieces correctly. I have Aunties,Girlfriends,Sisters,Grand Mothers who resemble this poem.

It really is a kicsk a$$ piece. Very simple yet it gets the point across quite well! Here's a piece I wrote in 2006

Native Beauty and Strength
Native Sensuality
Native Sexuality
Native Women's Power
There's None Higher
Than A Native Woman
Old 01-12-2007, 03:12 PM   #11
Pow Wow Committee

Items DollElephantDolphin
LISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond repute
LISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 23,428.36
Savings: 2.03
that is soo true..........took the words right out of my mouth.....how pretty!
LISA IRONMAKER is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-02-2007, 09:51 PM   #12
PowWows.com Addicts

I Love This Poem...
Old 01-31-2010, 12:38 AM   #13
Junior Dancer

Items Present
!!!!

So TRUE
MaileenasDad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links