Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > Rec Room NBA Season is Coming!! NBA Season is Coming!!

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2005, 12:09 PM   #1
*Mystic Paradise*

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Talking NBA Season is Coming!!

Hey NBA's 05-06 Season is right around the corner! I'm personally a HUGE basketball fan, especially the NBA!

Does any have any good teams in mind for the this season?! Come one, don't be afraid...lol! I wanna hear your opinions.

For myself, I have to go with the hometown team, Philadelphia 76ers all the way!! Allen Iverson's #1 Fan! Let me know what you think!!
Old 10-25-2005, 02:22 PM   #2
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Items ElephantDevilPresentGuitar
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 92,882.99
Savings: 52.80
I won't be watching too much NBA this season...the players are a bunch of crybabies cause they have to follow... a dress code*GASP!!!...so, instead of dressing like a moron from the streets the players will wear more suits, and look a bit more professional. Can you imagine that Iverson had the balls to ask for more money to buy his clothes? I guess that those stupid looking chains around his neck and the corn rows has cut off the oxygen to his already small brain and he can't figure out what happened to the millions he already made to spend on some nice clothes. Tim Duncan? Another moron...He can't afford clothes either I guess. So if you want to see this season by all means, watch it and see the grown men cry when they are forced to wear suits...millionaires...can't seem to make them happy it seems...so guess money doesn't buy happiness at all I guess. Give me the millions and I'll wear a 3 piece suit and look good then if they don't want too. And I'll be happy as hell too, with that money...

R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Come on Rez Dawg, you can make it, just another step to go....

Last edited by Ndnsoldierboy; 10-25-2005 at 02:24 PM..
Ndnsoldierboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-25-2005, 03:01 PM   #3
*~the REAL me~*

Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Hey NDN soldierboy...hope all is well with you....
CT...NDNsoldierboy and I used to post a LOT about the NBA lastyear...in fact, I had an ongoing "Inside the NBA...NOT!! brought to you by Hyundai" going on during the playoffs..
Shaq who? lol....anyways..I may do this again...as the season progresses...
I lean toward the Pistons....since I'm from around MOTOWN...but played/coached...and always enjoy good basketball talk...even trash talk! lol...
Joe G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-25-2005, 04:06 PM   #4
Ice Ice Baby

::ICEMAN:: will become famous soon enough
yA'TAH'HEY

Gotta go local on this one.....no second thoughts.................The Run And Gun Phoenix Suns........Amare is out for a while..but no doubt...the runnin' and gunnin is still there! NBA Chapionship...here we come.....

Is frybread part of the Atkins diet?
::ICEMAN:: is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-25-2005, 04:43 PM   #5
*Mystic Paradise*

*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute*Mystic* has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndnsoldierboy
I won't be watching too much NBA this season...the players are a bunch of crybabies cause they have to follow... a dress code*GASP!!!...so, instead of dressing like a moron from the streets the players will wear more suits, and look a bit more professional. Can you imagine that Iverson had the balls to ask for more money to buy his clothes? I guess that those stupid looking chains around his neck and the corn rows has cut off the oxygen to his already small brain and he can't figure out what happened to the millions he already made to spend on some nice clothes. Tim Duncan? Another moron...He can't afford clothes either I guess. So if you want to see this season by all means, watch it and see the grown men cry when they are forced to wear suits...millionaires...can't seem to make them happy it seems...so guess money doesn't buy happiness at all I guess. Give me the millions and I'll wear a 3 piece suit and look good then if they don't want too. And I'll be happy as hell too, with that money...
You know what, I love Iverson to death! But this dress code thing is driving me crazy! I just don't understand why they are making such a big deal about it. Just wear a damn suit!! It makes them look professional. I love it when guys look professional. Them street clothes are just getting on my nerves. I see guys like that every single day! With the big baggy jeans, huge shirts & corn rows in their hair. It's starting to become a little played out now. But they need to stop being big crybabies for sure! And worry about playing some true basketball.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:59 PM   #6
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Items ElephantDevilPresentGuitar
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 92,882.99
Savings: 52.80
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonah04
Hey NDN soldierboy...hope all is well with you....
CT...NDNsoldierboy and I used to post a LOT about the NBA lastyear...in fact, I had an ongoing "Inside the NBA...NOT!! brought to you by Hyundai" going on during the playoffs..
Shaq who? lol....anyways..I may do this again...as the season progresses...
I lean toward the Pistons....since I'm from around MOTOWN...but played/coached...and always enjoy good basketball talk...even trash talk! lol...
Hello colonah04!!! good luck Pistons...

Even if I could watch the games over here....there might be 1 game on...this is Iraq...we don't have a bunch of channels to flip thru...there is 2 channels on our military stations...and one is CNN...the other is programming the military deems fit for its armed forces...and we are running missions out the wire so it will be hard to watch any sports since we have been here....I'm still a Bulls Fan of course...but the way the players are crying this year, it is not for me this season...hope they grow up soon...

Go Bulls!!!

R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Come on Rez Dawg, you can make it, just another step to go....
Ndnsoldierboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-28-2005, 09:47 PM   #7
Pow Wow Visitor

gro_ventre_balla00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Nba

Yea!!!!! who is going to rule the league this year.
gro_ventre_balla00 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-28-2005, 09:50 PM   #8
Pow Wow Visitor

gro_ventre_balla00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Nba

LEBRON is going to rule the league at 20 he already is compared to the greatest ever yea JORDAN!!!!!!!!!!!! anyone agree?
gro_ventre_balla00 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-14-2005, 09:55 PM   #9
naddawannabe

Hwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond repute
Hwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond reputeHwii Siziinii has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 8,003.53
It sure won't be my team rulin'! Always been a Knicks fan. That was my hometown team (even if I did live on the New Jersey side of the river). Clyde, Willis Reed, Earl the Pearl. Not one, but TWO championships over the Lakers! It's been a long time and it's gonna be a lot more time. Larry Brown may make them better but I think Zeke's kinda screwing things up. Shouda hung on to Kurt Thomas and Sweetney. Oh well...
Hwii Siziinii is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-26-2005, 10:39 AM   #10
Tiny Tot Dancer

LakotaTexan is just really nice
I think the dress code is a step in the right direction. Anyway, I'm a MAVERICKS fan. I think they will do great this year, they just need to focus more on their D and work to win those games they've been playing not to lose.

P.S. I really don't like the P Diddy Duds the Mavs wear and I miss Micheal Finley.

Last edited by LakotaTexan; 11-26-2005 at 08:48 PM..
LakotaTexan is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-26-2005, 06:50 PM   #11
*Mystic Paradise*

NBA Dress Code Causing Some Headaches....

MORE NBA DRESS CODE PROBLEM....JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT THINGS COULDN'T GET ANY WORSE.....READ THIS:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051126/...kn_dressing_up
Old 11-26-2005, 08:59 PM   #12
Tiny Tot Dancer

IMO I think the suit makes a person look more successful than the big necklace and hats turned sidways. That look is reserved for MTV's Cribs.

This is good for the league. Especially after the brawl in Motown. As a fan, I felt the league was loosing touch with me, and I found myself not wanted to watch as much. And it would take a lot for me to not wanna watch, especially after sitting through all those lean years in Dallas before Dirk, Nash, & Findley. I watched just about every heart breaking loss that year.

I miss Nash too.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:27 PM   #13
*Mystic Paradise*

I have to agree with you, LakotaTexan. I truly think that wearing a suit makes these players look a lot more like professionals than thugs.

I don't see what they big deal is. These guys are making big azz bucks & they are complaining about wearing a suit. Come on....just grow up!

I remember when the NBA first announced the new dress code, Iverson had a huge press conference about it. He was sitting there b*tching & complaining about not being able to wear his "Street Clothes." When I first saw that, I just thought that he was being pathetic! Sitting crying over a little dress code. I mean....I love Iverson to DEATH but he needs to be a man about certain situations, like this one. And that goes for the rest of these players.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:51 AM   #14
Tiny Tot Dancer

Thanks *CherokeeTears*

I find it kinda of funny....this fella's are getting paid to PLAY. How sweet a deal is that. If I were getting paid what they are to PLAY, I'd wear a dress and like it if they asked me to. Some people don't know how lucky they are.

Now about the NBA: I think Dallas has the next Sixth Man award winner. G. Diop (Sounds like Jop). His a monster on the boards and has block parties every time he's in the game. Houston's J. Van Gundy did find his weakness last week (free throws). I truely belive this guy can give all the big men in the NBA a run for their money. He's for real.

As for Dallas: I think this could be the Mav's year. They've beat some quality teams so far (San Antonio & Detroit). They've also beat Phoenix & Miami, but those teams were a man short.

I don't know who will come out of the East. Detroit is still a front runner. My dark horse: Chicago.

Of course this all means nothing this early in the season, but it doesn't hurt to dream.
Sponsored Links