Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > Rec Room Omg!!!!! Its Playofff Timeeeeeeeeee Omg!!!!! Its Playofff Timeeeeeeeeee

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-03-2006, 11:01 AM   #1
JIMMY HENDRIX ROYALTY

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
NDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond repute
NDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 1.00
Omg!!!!! Its Playofff Timeeeeeeeeee

OK ALL YOU CARDINAL FANS... SOOOO WE SCRATCHED AND KICKED ALL THE WAY TO THE END GAWWWWWW TALK ABOUT DRAGGING OUT THE MISERY...CARDINALS/PADRES TODAY 3:00..YOU KNOW I AM CROSSING FINGERS AND TOES HOPING THE BOYS KICK SOME FRIAR BOOTY...LOL WHERE ARE ALL THE PW.COM CARDINAL FANSSSSSSSSSSS..
Old 10-03-2006, 08:27 PM   #2
*~the REAL me~*

Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Savings: 0.00
Hmm well..the Detroit Tigers are IN as the wild card..but went 19-32 down the stretch! but they are IN wooohooooooooooooooooooooo and only have to beat those light hitting Yankees! OMG! their lineup is absolutely SCARY! Damon/Jeter/A-ROD/Sheffield/Abreu/Posada/Matsui/Cano (he hit .340, and bats 9TH!!!)/Giambi/
and at least 5 of these guys have won league MVP titles!!
This looks like a LIons vs. Christians match up...but hey, that's why they play the games.....
OBTW The Cards WON!!! and they have the best all around player in the game in Mr. Pujols...the Lou Gehrig of these days...
BUT ANYWAYS>>>>>>>>>>>GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Joe G; 10-03-2006 at 08:40 PM..
Joe G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-03-2006, 11:54 PM   #3
JIMMY HENDRIX ROYALTY

NDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond reputeNDNKIDZ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe G
Hmm well..the Detroit Tigers are IN as the wild card..but went 19-32 down the stretch! but they are IN wooohooooooooooooooooooooo and only have to beat those light hitting Yankees! OMG! their lineup is absolutely SCARY! Damon/Jeter/A-ROD/Sheffield/Abreu/Posada/Matsui/Cano (he hit .340, and bats 9TH!!!)/Giambi/
and at least 5 of these guys have won league MVP titles!!
This looks like a LIons vs. Christians match up...but hey, that's why they play the games.....
OBTW The Cards WON!!! and they have the best all around player in the game in Mr. Pujols...the Lou Gehrig of these days...
BUT ANYWAYS>>>>>>>>>>>GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!

Albert hit a 3 run home run today yessssssssssssssssssss...in padres park to boot..lol they looked like the cardinals from a few years back. it was nice to see them playing as a team for a change and not waiting for albert to pick all their butts up..sooooo a day off tomorrow uggggg ( cant imagine what that will do to them) but anywhoooooo..is it thursday yet?..lol goot luck with your tigers i would love to see them smoke the yankees but unfortunatly they do have that awesome line up...but remember it is baseball... it is still anybodies series..
Old 10-14-2006, 02:03 PM   #4
*~the REAL me~*

Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Hmmm GO TIGERS! and who'da thought Kenny Rogers would develop an identity crisis, and believe he was Sandy Koufax???? so much for the Yankees, and 3-0 ahead of the (non) Athletics!!!! and Zoom--maya wooohoooooo! 103 MPH baby! and a curve ball too!
Maybe it will be Detroit--New York again in the series...or Detroit and the Cardinals, like in 1968......like Tommy Lasorda says: 'TO THE T.V.!!!!!'
Old 10-20-2006, 08:11 AM   #5
JIMMY HENDRIX ROYALTY

Quote:
Hmmm GO TIGERS! and who'da thought Kenny Rogers would develop an identity crisis, and believe he was Sandy Koufax???? so much for the Yankees, and 3-0 ahead of the (non) Athletics!!!! and Zoom--maya wooohoooooo! 103 MPH baby! and a curve ball too!
Maybe it will be Detroit--New York again in the series...or Detroit and the Cardinals, like in 1968......like Tommy Lasorda says: 'TO THE T.V.!!!!!'

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! THE CARDINALS AND THE TIGERS

THEY DID ITTTTTTTTTTT THEY ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES... WHEWWWWWWWWWW LAST NIGHT WAS A MAJOR NAIL BITER..LOL I COULDNT WATCH I HAD TO LAY MY HEAD DOWN AND LISTEN..LOL WHAT A GAME..GOTTA LOVE BASEBALL ok tigers here we come...any thoughts to who is gonna win this matchup?
Old 10-22-2006, 02:35 PM   #6
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 38,634.63
Well I now know who is going to win Game 1
hahaha
Who would have thought that!!!
The "experts" all picked the Tigers to Sweep the Cardinals!!!
But if you look back NO ONE has picked the Cardinals to even make it through the Playoffs!!!
Hmmmmmmmmm

Maybe Heart and the Desire to Win are much more important
Than Statistics!!!!
Old 10-22-2006, 04:13 PM   #7
*~the REAL me~*

Most everybody I saw/read thought it would be 5 or 6 games....nobody in their right mind thought it would be a sweep....only some flake in USA today...who was suffering NY withdrawals....
The Tigers sucked in game 1, and St. Louis played well....but that's why they play a SERIES....and not 1 game...and the Tigers had TOO much time off....but both teams have been proving everybody's an idiot who analzyes baseball all year long.
The Cards do have the best all around player in the majors today....Pujols...the Lou Gehrig of nowdays....but remember 1968.......3-1 Cards with the Hall of Famer Bob Gibson pitching against Mickey (who's he?) Lolich....and we all know what happened that time......eh Lou Brock?
Old 10-22-2006, 05:02 PM   #8
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 127,514.31
Quote:
Most everybody I saw/read thought it would be 5 or 6 games....nobody in their right mind thought it would be a sweep....only some flake in USA today...who was suffering NY withdrawals....
The Tigers sucked in game 1, and St. Louis played well....but that's why they play a SERIES....and not 1 game...and the Tigers had TOO much time off....but both teams have been proving everybody's an idiot who analzyes baseball all year long.
The Cards do have the best all around player in the majors today....Pujols...the Lou Gehrig of nowdays....but remember 1968.......3-1 Cards with the Hall of Famer Bob Gibson pitching against Mickey (who's he?) Lolich....and we all know what happened that time......eh Lou Brock?
Thought he won like 27 games that year?

Oops. My bad. It was Denny Mclain who was their ace that year. I cheated and went to look at their roster. Some of those players musta played with 'Shoeless Joe Jackson'.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Last edited by Joe's Dad; 10-22-2006 at 05:08 PM..
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-22-2006, 08:25 PM   #9
*~the REAL me~*

No, Denny was the LAST pitcher to win 30 games in the major leagues.....and I think the first since Cardinal great right hander Dizzy Dean....he ended up in jail! for various questionable business scams...
Old 10-22-2006, 08:38 PM   #10
*~the REAL me~*

To The Tv!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I live for this, you live for this, and the whole world lives for this. To the TV! It's your duty, Judy."
Mad cause your team got eliminated.....bunch a babies!! it's the fall classic......TO THE TV!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-23-2006, 12:07 AM   #11
JIMMY HENDRIX ROYALTY

Quote:
"I live for this, you live for this, and the whole world lives for this. To the TV! It's your duty, Judy."
Mad cause your team got eliminated.....bunch a babies!! it's the fall classic......TO THE TV!!!!!!!!!!

yep who knows who will win this series..its anyones game now...im hopeing as you all know that cardinals are standing at the end with the trophy... both teams have worked soo hard to be here.... soooo we will see what happens.. crossing fingers and toes..
Old 10-23-2006, 01:47 AM   #12
*~the REAL me~*

So far....so good.....great games.....both ways.....and Kenny Rogers does it again...dirt and all! but thirty nine degrees, and rain and snow are SURE not baseball conditions.....the fans looked like they were getting ready for ice fishing!!
and Todd Jones seems to get the job done, but it's never pretty....dayummm cardiac relief jobs...so on to St. Louis...for the next three games....at the new Busch stadium. I have been to the old Busch stadium....and it was a GREAT baseball town, and stadium...hope to see the new one one day.....
Old 10-23-2006, 08:13 AM   #13
JIMMY HENDRIX ROYALTY

Quote:
So far....so good.....great games.....both ways.....and Kenny Rogers does it again...dirt and all! but thirty nine degrees, and rain and snow are SURE not baseball conditions.....the fans looked like they were getting ready for ice fishing!!
and Todd Jones seems to get the job done, but it's never pretty....dayummm cardiac relief jobs...so on to St. Louis...for the next three games....at the new Busch stadium. I have been to the old Busch stadium....and it was a GREAT baseball town, and stadium...hope to see the new one one day.....
st louis fans are called the best baseball fans in america..lol even espn said that last night...we support the guys through it all and cheer no matter what happens.. so now we get a day to rest our hearts gawwwwww 9th innning 2 outs and 2 freakin strikes..lol and we load the bases now that is gooot baseball.. the cardinals are known for taking it to the end like that..lol
Old 10-23-2006, 12:28 PM   #14
*~the REAL me~*

You Gotta Know How To Hold 'em Lol

So, the 'other' Kenny Rogers does it!!! 23 straight shutout innings!! wooohoooo!! and at 41 y/o too!!!! This guy HAS to be the MVP at least so far...and if he keeps pitching like this...he'll be MVP regardless of who wins the series....
Old 10-27-2006, 08:27 AM   #15
JIMMY HENDRIX ROYALTY

Gooooooooooooooooo Cardinalsssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
Old 10-27-2006, 01:53 PM   #16
*~the REAL me~*

Teams Down 3-1, Win World Series
Six teams in Major League Baseball history have trailed, 3-1, in the World Series and went on to win the Fall Classic.
Winning Team

Date

Losing Team
Boston Pilgrims 1903* Pittsburgh Pirates
Pittsburgh Pirates 1925 Washington Senators
NY Yankees 1958 Milwaukee Braves
Detroit Tigers 1968 St. Louis Cardinals
Pittsburgh Pirates 1979 Baltimore Orioles
Kansas City Royals 1985 St. Louis Cardinals

NOTE that twice the Cardinals lost!!!!!!!!
But Detroit won't win if they keep playing 'keystone kops' defense!! they managed to make a hero out of David Eckstein, who can't hit the ball as hard as girls softball players...!!! So far, everything that could go wrong has......
Most of the Tigers key pitchers are VERY young....and are certainly NOT used to winning or being in the world series....but they will learn....and have a LOT of talent.
Memo to the media...and Tony Larussa.....Kenny Rogers pitches well, and the media goes after that corny 'stain' story frothing at the mouth more than if they had just uncovered a secret stash of weapons of mass destruction belonging to Barbra Streisand!!! let it rest...sore losers.....
If you were gonna 'hide' an illegal substance, would you put it on your pitching hand?? gimme a friggin break....
Anyways....quoting that eminent scholar Yogi Berra: "It ain't over 'till it's over"
Old 10-27-2006, 02:39 PM   #17
Powwow Dude

Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
So, the 'other' Kenny Rogers does it!!! 23 straight shutout innings!! wooohoooo!! and at 41 y/o too!!!! This guy HAS to be the MVP at least so far...and if he keeps pitching like this...he'll be MVP regardless of who wins the series....
You know i have watched Kenny Rodgers his whole career wth the Rangers and other teams...
He has always flirted with being really great but something always stood in his way (usually the Rangers)...
He is a great mediorcre player but never will be thought of as a great pitcher
He has played so long for the crappy Rangers and that he was the ace of the Staff of really crappy pitchers...
Then all of a sudden he is this genius pitcher of Magnificent Caliber
Hmmmm
Baseball is a sport of long steady work and for someone to all of a sudden be great makes you say hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Especially in this day and age of the Bonds of the World
Not that I am saying he is like Bonds (Steriods)
Just that you have to wonder at a persons sudden abilities

And that is the true Legacy that Bonds will leave us, That we will always wonder when a over 40 year old player ALL OF A SUDDEN becomes a Super player...

I hope that time shows that Kenny is just having a great once in a Lifetime season and that he also does not dissapoint us like Bonds has...
Old 10-27-2006, 02:53 PM   #18
Powwow Dude

Quote:
Teams Down 3-1, Win World Series
Six teams in Major League Baseball history have trailed, 3-1, in the World Series and went on to win the Fall Classic.
Winning Team

Date

Losing Team
Boston Pilgrims 1903* Pittsburgh Pirates
Pittsburgh Pirates 1925 Washington Senators
NY Yankees 1958 Milwaukee Braves
Detroit Tigers 1968 St. Louis Cardinals
Pittsburgh Pirates 1979 Baltimore Orioles
Kansas City Royals 1985 St. Louis Cardinals

NOTE that twice the Cardinals lost!!!!!!!!
But Detroit won't win if they keep playing 'keystone kops' defense!! they managed to make a hero out of David Eckstein, who can't hit the ball as hard as girls softball players...!!! So far, everything that could go wrong has......
Most of the Tigers key pitchers are VERY young....and are certainly NOT used to winning or being in the world series....but they will learn....and have a LOT of talent.
Memo to the media...and Tony Larussa.....Kenny Rogers pitches well, and the media goes after that corny 'stain' story frothing at the mouth more than if they had just uncovered a secret stash of weapons of mass destruction belonging to Barbra Streisand!!! let it rest...sore losers.....
If you were gonna 'hide' an illegal substance, would you put it on your pitching hand?? gimme a friggin break....
Anyways....quoting that eminent scholar Yogi Berra: "It ain't over 'till it's over"
I feel the Cardinals Season is different this year
They have a Mission because EVERY BASEBALL EXPERT picked them to lose every one of there series up to the World series
Looking back they have been the underdogs against the Padres and the Mets. The funny thing is the Cardinals did not read the papers and decide the experts were correct and just give up...

Watching the game last night just shows that they have a complete team.
NO One is standing around Waiting for the Super Stars to hit (Pujous)

And Lots has been written about Eckstein and how he should not even be playing baseball
He does not have a strong arm he is not really fast and he is under sized and only weighs 160 pounds!!!
Funny thing is that was what they said about him in High School, College and Now the Majors!!!!

He is a player that plays with HEART AND DESIRE
that overcomes the physically shortcomings and plays this game of Baseball the correct way!!!!!

No ONE Other than Eckstein hit them balls last night and funny thing is they dropped where they weren't
Yep the Centerfielder slipped but then too the Cardinals play in the same outfield hmmmmmmmmmm
Perhaps it was little Davie Eckstein hitting them agaisnt damn good pitching and come on you have to give him credit that he was able to hit a double off a guy throwing the FRIGGIN BALL 100 MILES AN HOUR
Old 10-27-2006, 03:07 PM   #19
*~the REAL me~*

Yes, he hit it....sort of....but the fact is, it should have been caught....esp. in the major leagues!!!
But yes, I agree....there are no excuses...both teams played in the same circumstances...and the better one won...and avoided mistakes at key times.....
The Cards had a LOT of injuries, (still do w/ Isringhausen) that slowed them down big time, but when Rolen/Eckstein..and Edmonds all are in th eline up, the cards aren't any underdog then....
And Detroit? picked to be about 75-80 wins and 87-82 losses! but that's why they play the games...what's supposed to happen often doesn't, right Beltran??
Old 10-27-2006, 03:43 PM   #20
Powwow Dude

Quote:
Yes, he hit it....sort of....but the fact is, it should have been caught....esp. in the major leagues!!!
But yes, I agree....there are no excuses...both teams played in the same circumstances...and the better one won...and avoided mistakes at key times.....
The Cards had a LOT of injuries, (still do w/ Isringhausen) that slowed them down big time, but when Rolen/Eckstein..and Edmonds all are in th eline up, the cards aren't any underdog then....
And Detroit? picked to be about 75-80 wins and 87-82 losses! but that's why they play the games...what's supposed to happen often doesn't, right Beltran??
Left him standing at the station
hahahahahahahaha
I still think about those 3 pitches that finsihed the Mets
WOW
What a Pitch
Whew
Sponsored Links