Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > Off Topic > Chit Chat > Rec Room what no NBA topic what no NBA topic

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-22-2005, 12:50 AM   #141
is rockin & rollin \m/

Items ElephantDevilPresentGuitar
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 76,397.87
Savings: 52.80
Pistons on the verge of making history if they can win game 7...

R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Come on Rez Dawg, you can make it, just another step to go....
Ndnsoldierboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-22-2005, 12:59 AM   #142
is rockin & rollin \m/

Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ndnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond reputeNdnsoldierboy has a reputation beyond repute
Will be watching Game 7 cause it just might happen...so this series is not all crap....

R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Old 06-22-2005, 01:02 AM   #143
*~the REAL me~*

Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
INSIDE THE NBA not BROUGHT TO YOU BY HYUNDAI
Well, who's got heart? who flat out REFUSES to go away? They're back BABY!
Everything I asked for in my earlier analysis came true! so why am I writing here...and not on T.V.???
Rasheed!!! he showed why we hate to give up on him...Billups never an all-star in this league? wtf games are the voters watching? Prince played as we had hoped he would, back to 6'9"....
Notice how that keen analytical genius Bill Walton gave the Pistons NO chance??? what a f'n dork..who the hell hired him?? the fans such as you and I know MUCH more about the NBA than he seems to!
Key matchups...single cover Duncan..and not allow that float *** Robt Horry to hurt them...airballs? two of them???? hmmm...and Ben Wallace!!! this man is quiet,and unassuming (a novelty in today's me first NBA) but nobody should question the fire that burns within this man...and the size of his heart.
Like losing? foul Billups late in a game...the man's a machine at the line...esp. in the 4th qtr...Ginobili/Parker hurt us with driving to basket...but notice how the lane 'shrinks' at crunch time...hey Tony...does this game make all of you Desperate Housewives, or just Eva?
Hey Duncan....free throws count too!
OOOhhhhhh how could media types and other dorks think this is a boring series....the media told you so...so you believe it...wake up...this is some GREAT drama and basketball!!!
Minimize turnovers, rebound, play defense...and FINALLY shoot well....ahhh yes...THAT's how you win key games!!! see ya Thursday!!!!!!!
Hey Tim....the gyms empty....practice your free throws!
Joe G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-22-2005, 01:07 AM   #144
is rockin & rollin \m/

the lane was open for sure...and those free throws...the Spurs need to go and get some practice for sure...only one more game until next season. Walton needs to make up his mind...I will put him on mute next time....he is boring...

Old 06-22-2005, 01:45 AM   #145
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 117,353.93
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonah04
Well, who's got heart? who flat out REFUSES to go away? They're back BABY!
Everything I asked for in my earlier analysis came true! so why am I writing here...and not on T.V.???
Rasheed!!! he showed why we hate to give up on him...Billups never an all-star in this league? wtf games are the voters watching? Prince played as we had hoped he would, back to 6'9"....
Notice how that keen analytical genius Bill Walton gave the Pistons NO chance??? what a f'n dork..who the hell hired him?? the fans such as you and I know MUCH more about the NBA than he seems to!
Key matchups...single cover Duncan..and not allow that float *** Robt Horry to hurt them...airballs? two of them???? hmmm...and Ben Wallace!!! this man is quiet,and unassuming (a novelty in today's me first NBA) but nobody should question the fire that burns within this man...and the size of his heart.
Like losing? foul Billups late in a game...the man's a machine at the line...esp. in the 4th qtr...Ginobili/Parker hurt us with driving to basket...but notice how the lane 'shrinks' at crunch time...hey Tony...does this game make all of you Desperate Housewives, or just Eva?
Hey Duncan....free throws count too!
OOOhhhhhh how could media types and other dorks think this is a boring series....the media told you so...so you believe it...wake up...this is some GREAT drama and basketball!!!
Minimize turnovers, rebound, play defense...and FINALLY shoot well....ahhh yes...THAT's how you win key games!!! see ya Thursday!!!!!!!
Hey Tim....the gyms empty....practice your free throws!
I love it!!! Way to analyze C!!!

Well, about the worst thing you can say about Rasheed is that he was a tarheel! Remember, I'm an ABC fan. Now Walton...he's a Bruin! That's why he is so eloquent!!!haha

Anyhoo, no champagne being served tonight.

And what's the deal with Duncan. He's a Deamon Deacon and every third word is 'umm' or 'uhh'!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-22-2005, 12:58 PM   #146
is rockin & rollin \m/

Old 06-23-2005, 08:55 AM   #147
is rockin & rollin \m/

Well, last game of the 2004-05 season...Will it be a repeat for the Pistons? Or a sloppy series for the Spurs? See you here later. @ least no more Walton for awhile....

Old 06-23-2005, 11:21 AM   #148
*~the REAL me~*

Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
OOOOhhh can't wait! will put together a prediction/scenario later
Old 06-23-2005, 11:53 AM   #149
*~the REAL me~*

Well hoopsters, this is it...game 7, where the boys get weeded out from the men. Who will Wilt (not Chamberlain!) under the pressure? The PISTONS have been in many tight elimination games, and have come through time and again. They NEVER give up!!
The Spurs are less tested...and did choke last time to the Lakers, thogh up 2-0 in that one.
The KEY tonight will be limiting turnovers, and rebounding on the defensive glass. As always, the officiating will set the tone. Will Rasheed stay on the court for a while..and play well? will the PISTONS be allowed to play physical? or will Ginobili and Parker continue to drive..and get calls every time they flop or dive? this will be key.
Will Duncan choke at the foul line? You just KNOW he'll be sent there, if the game is tight. Will Big shot Bob shoot airballs again?
I see Detroit winning....and being ahead slightly down the stretch, and then Billups making free throws...which he has become Mr. Clutch at doing...then, when Detroit wins...he will be MVP...he should be regardless of what happens tonight..he has played HALL OF FAME level ball in this series...pretty good for a guy who can never make the all-star team! Nobody on either team has beenas consistently excellent as him.
See ya later for postgame analysis....GO PISTONS!!!!!!!!
Old 06-23-2005, 09:01 PM   #150
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
It's 5:00 my time and been siiting in front of the TV for an hour waiting for this one. Don't know why, cuz I'm a Laker fan! Anyhoo, see you peoples at the end of the game to drink champagne!!!

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 06-23-2005, 10:34 PM   #151
is rockin & rollin \m/

I hope the refs let them play, not call the "weak" fouls so to speak.

Old 06-23-2005, 10:47 PM   #152
*~the REAL me~*

well, already they are calling it TOO close! both ways tho!
Old 06-24-2005, 01:17 AM   #153
*~the REAL me~*

Talking

INSIDE THE NBA not BROUGHT TO YOU BY HYUNDAI!
Well hoopsters, it's over...and ths Spurs are the champs. Kudos to them, they got EXACTLY what I feared they'd get...a tightly called game, where Duncan can't be guarded, if everytime you look at him cross eyed it's a foul. Detroit had almost everybody big in foul trouble from about minute 2 of the first qtr! Then you play a line up of three guards..and T Prince at POWER forward!
But in the final analysis, Detroit needs to learn that three point shots are legal, and will hurt you. Look at the final score...and then Detroit had 2 3's and SA about 9 so that's your 7 points right there. Duncan played well, but he should have, it was like he was being guarded by me, and I'm 6'1" !!!! then, with the foul problems, we couldn't stop Ginobili from flopping either. Funny how when Pistons drove the lane...everything was a 'clean block' The calls were bad against SA too, but against the role players, such as Mohaamed and Bowen, not the scorers. Think Tim D had 1!!!!
But you have to adjust to how it's going as far as the officiating.
San Antonio tried to choke...but they were just ahead enough to survive, with the 3 ptrs of Ginobili and (ugh) Horry. Detroit came up a scorer short, and SA did a nice job of stopping Billups, who was seemingly never open. Rasheed came up lame again...too little too late...but the fouls hurt him a lot...and Hamilton was off BIG time...as was T Prince.
Sadly, in sports one wins one loses, and nothing Detroit accomplished will be appreciated by many...but take a look at that roster...those players...and tell me you'd think they were nearly two time champions! perhaps by next year Brown, or whoever is coach..will get a pure shooter...hmm didn't we have Mahmet Okur and Brent Barry last year, and Corlis Williamson for the paint? McDyess and Hunter had their moments..but neither can shoot beyond 18 feet normally...
Now, as to next year...a LOT depends on the upcoming draft, as well as who goes where free agent wise...will the dreaded Lakers add some talent to the Kobe show? will Kobe learn that it's a TEAM game? Can he and PJ co-exist...?
Will Miami get over the final hurdle, add a player or two and make it? Will the Spurs repeat? Will the Suns develop a defense? we'll see.....
Enjoyed the season...BB is a GREAT game...and always good entertainment..see ya in the NCAA season JD! (watch out for Mich State..everybody back from a final 4 team!)
Old 06-24-2005, 01:50 AM   #154
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Outside the NBA by JD

Well C and ndnsoldierboy, it's been a good thread for us sports minded, testosterone filled men. BTW, who started this thread?

Now to my analysis...C, you've done a great job keeping us informed on the playoffs. Unfortunately, the best analysis came at halftime by the much revered...Bill Walton!!! "First team to 65 wins!!!" Spurs got there first. This was a good series. Both teams can hold their head high, but only one team can hold the trophy over their head!

Anyhoo! On to the next sports event. Watching the bikini-clad womenz of the California beaches!!!

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 06-24-2005, 01:53 AM   #155
*~the REAL me~*

Yeah, it's a tough life! hey where'd I put that surfboard? ....see ya and everybody next season!
Old 06-24-2005, 06:41 AM   #156
is rockin & rollin \m/

I watched the game but had other things to do as well...I think that there will be no repeat, and the Lakers won't go anywhere. I know the Bulls will win it all for their 7th trophy!!! YEAH! I don't think Tim Duncan should got the MVP finals award...He was not that good.

Well, see you next season....

Old 06-25-2005, 06:40 PM   #157
Junior Dancer

indio will become famous soon enough
Credits: 696.75
I'm just glad they're not having a lockout next season. I was hoping the pistons would win it, but that wasn't the case. Hopefully the suns will be back next postseason. Ginoboli deserves an oscar. I think he went to the danny ainge school of acting.
indio is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links