PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Rec Room (http://forums.powwows.com/f56/)
-   -   What your favorite? (http://forums.powwows.com/f56/what-your-favorite-15432/)

ghostrider 11-22-2003 11:25 AM

What your favorite?

What your favorite outdoor activity and why ? camping, rafting, other water sports, fishing, hunting, other type sports,etc? inquiring minds wanna know.:D

ndn_butterfly 11-22-2003 07:33 PM

It would hafta be a toss up between camping and Off Road Vehicles:D
Camping because it's so simple, and you can just get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life
Off roading (Quads)..because they're fun..Always used to race on them..hehe..back when I was on the rez that is:p

Awful_Mnom_Woman 11-26-2003 02:57 PM

Does sleepin in tha tent at powwows qualify as camping, aye, or jus' downsized budget sleeping arrangements...lol

summersongs22 11-28-2003 09:16 PM

Fishing!

One year I went out fishing with some friends... I have to have tackle that looks like cute little squirmeys and not the uuuggggggly metal thingys.

And I do use the fish smell jell on them.

Go back to my open tackle box to see some little lizards scattering - with my tackle in their mouth!

They are going to get some surprise when they chomp down!

(tackle was little mini bees, lizards, bugs and such).

:Angel2
Summersongs

nightrider 12-15-2003 12:01 PM

off road, campin,fishin or huntin. Damn what a life:D

superndngyrl 01-11-2004 12:25 PM

rafting was cool... rent a big raft... tie up the cooler to the sides and float all day in the hot sun... when u get too hot u just jump in the water.

FireBear 01-11-2004 02:40 PM

Tripping the shutter

My favorite sport is going hunting with a camera. You can do it year around and you don't need to get the governments permission or buy a license. What you shoot you do not have to clean and it keeps for years.

luvs2rodeo 01-15-2004 11:23 AM

....i go with campin' with a week of raftin'n fishin' n huntin' and ..... the Snake you can never get bored with.... if ya do then you shouldn't of been there ...

Dezgn8veDriver 01-16-2004 07:13 PM

I still want to dare the white-waters.....;).

SpottedElk 01-30-2004 05:22 PM

4 wheel drive off road, oh yes

aknative 02-06-2004 01:24 PM

I like rafting and camping. Usually we do the two together. I had never been rafting untill my current man took me last year in his raft. Of course I just have to kick back and relax (or hold on!) he does the steering.
Once we got stuck. He had to hop out and push the raft over the rock. He almost didnt make it back in!:Help I dont know what I would have done, had I floated off with out him!
Its wonderful to go out on a hot summer afternoon :supperhap
We have one dry box and one cooler. So we always stop and eat lunch.

Silly_Az_girl 02-29-2004 07:06 AM

I love to go camping....there is nothing like being in the outdoors enjoy'n mother nature at her finest.:D

Fresh air and the silence are great!

AlmostThere 03-01-2004 09:15 AM

Awful_Mnom_Woman Does sleepin in tha tent at powwows qualify as camping, aye, or jus' downsized budget sleeping arrangements...lol

haha..well than i guess i never been camping before:lol: :lol:

shorty 03-09-2004 02:07 AM

fresh air is the best

i Love to Run my Sled dogs ~well when i had them now i have ArabianHorses and now that MN has been kicked with snow i miss my dogs stupid snow just had to wait forever to show up :rolleyes: and i had to get rid of them ~other then those hiking through the forrest is fun!!

step_2_da_side 03-11-2004 05:01 PM

CAMPING!!! :Thumbs

Southernstr8 03-19-2004 10:17 PM

Had to go with Camping...that usually get three others into the act...Fishing, Hunting, and rafting....I can't wait for summer.....:Cry

Miss_Nish 04-16-2004 10:27 PM

I'll go with Camping cuz... it's sooo relaxing. I love it when we go to our cabin. I can sit and bead allllll day.... besides... this ndn can't swim. LOL...

Which is why.. I don't go fishing or boating or rafting or anything water-related. When i do go swimming... I stick to shallow waters. :Chatter.. I dun even know how to float!!

As for the Off-road vehicles... Nope! I traumatized myself outta riding on an ATV "4-wheeler".. :cry: When I was younger... I begged my sister to let me drive. I kinda sorta crashed into the bushes. LOL... I did the same thing with our Ski-doo. I kinda sorta hit that tree that jumped in my way. Geeez :rolleyes:

ShadowHawk 05-01-2004 05:40 PM

Camping because I love to play my flutes outdoors! Especially early morning and evening while looking at the stars :)

Kio-Manche 05-02-2004 04:37 PM

This easy

I picked camping, or was the my nose I picked.... NO...it was camping lol. I just bought a 28' travel trailer 2 days ago. Now I can powwow in style. Especially since its a 1979 model. LOL.
If ya'll powwow in Oklahoma, drop by my camp for some fry bread and iced tea this summer! Chris

..AmuneOne.. 05-06-2004 01:40 PM

I love to do them all but camping is fun probally my first favourite my g.f is my favourite tooo..