PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Rec Room (http://forums.powwows.com/f56/)
-   -   World Cup June 9th (http://forums.powwows.com/f56/world-cup-june-9th-33650/)

Okwataga 06-05-2006 01:46 PM

World Cup June 9th

anyone watching the World Cup?
Anyone going to keep up with the winners as they advance?
Anyone going to the Games?

Which are your favorite teams?

mine are
I have to pick US - it has Landon Donovan
England 2nd pick

who do you think will win?

WhoMe 06-05-2006 02:42 PM

Okwa,

I'm going to be watching.

I'm with you on your England prediction. I am a Premiership fan. I like Manchester United. Some of the Man. Utd. players are on the England national team (minus Rooney who is hurt).

Has the United States team already qualified? Aren't they in group E along with Ghana?

I predict Argentina will be in there somewhere.

debbieyd 06-05-2006 02:50 PM

Treaty Day Pow-wow & Rodeo..................

For our Tribe, it's a time to "celebrate" our here & now ties with the past, present, and future generations of our Yakama Nation...............1855-2006. Parade on Friday @ Toppenish, WA; Powwow Friday night - thru Sunday @ White Swan Pavillion. :thumbsup: :051: :party: :flagwaver :poze: :poze: :poze:

Okwataga 06-05-2006 02:55 PM

Yeah US got in

Shame about Rooney - thought he was on the mend and was going to be able to play
I know thier first game isn't till the 10th

Will be interesting to see Thiery Henry against England - if they make it past the first three games and get matched up

Not sure about US - I see Iran has a strong team will be interesting to watch them
I've told everyone to leave me alone in the evenings, unless they too are watching with me.....

My son pulls for Brazil, he plays the xbox 2006 world cup game and can hear him in there just a fussing at the ref's for bad calls..... kind of funny:)

Looks like a lot of strong teams this year will be some good matches

WhoMe 06-05-2006 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okwataga
Yeah US got in

Thanks for the info.

Have you heard of Ronaldo (not Christiani) and Ravaldo, Superstars for Barcelona? Are they still playing?

Okwataga 06-05-2006 03:42 PM

I thought they played for Brazil...?

will have to go look at FIFA site now to be sure..

Okwataga 06-05-2006 03:45 PM

1 DIDA (GK)
2 CAFU
3 LUCIO
4 JUAN
5 EMERSON
6 ROBERTO CARLOS
7 ADRIANO
8 KAKA
9 RONALDO
10 RONALDINHO
11 ZE ROBERTO
12 ROGERIO CENI (GK)
13 CICINHO
14 LUISAO
15 CRIS
16 GILBERTO
17 GILBERTO SILVA
18 MINEIRO
19 JUNINHO PERNAMBUCANO
20 RICARDINHO
21 FRED
22 JULIO CESAR (GK)
23 ROBINHO

were you thinking of no's 9 & 10? this is Brazil's lineup

X cheryl X 06-07-2006 03:00 PM

Hiya,im going to watch the first England game this Saturday,down the pub.I think Brazil are a really good team,but of course i want England to win.Never follow Football,only when the World cups on.Good luck 2 all***! :thumbsup:

WhoMe 06-07-2006 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheryl Hodgson
Hiya,im going to watch the first England game this Saturday,down the pub.I think Brazil are a really good team,but of course i want England to win.Never follow Football,only when the World cups on.Good luck 2 all***! :thumbsup:

Well that's 3 for England! :thumbsup:

Anybody wanna bet the English fans "hooligans" will make it into the news before the world cup is over?

Okwataga 06-07-2006 04:22 PM

well I know they were already worried abotu the endlish fans going to Germany

I was listening to setanta sports this morning and the coach for Brazil was saying he thinks, maybe Brazil, Argentina and England - one of those would be the winners

any news yet on Rooney??

Okwataga 06-07-2006 04:24 PM

Well just went to FIFA site and it says Rooney is in... YEAH!!

WhoMe 06-07-2006 04:56 PM

Quote:

Well just went to FIFA site and it says Rooney is in... YEAH!!

All right folks!

HE'S BACK!!!

"ALL IN FOR ENGLAND TO WIN THE WORLD CUP!!!"

*empties pockets

X cheryl X 06-08-2006 12:00 PM

X cheryl X 06-08-2006 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhoMe
Well that's 3 for England! :thumbsup:

Anybody wanna bet the English fans "hooligans" will make it into the news before the world cup is over?

**I'll place a bet on that!Sorry,but they all deserve their a***s kicked!!They are a small minority that give us(England)a bad name and we all end up being tarred with the same brush....Oooh,this subject gets me going.But never mind,because Rooney will be playing on saturday afterall!!!Bye bye 4 now***

badmaninc 06-09-2006 12:44 AM

Brazil

Okwataga 06-09-2006 09:25 AM

First game two hours away.....

Finally there is news covereage for Futbol/ Soccer, few years ago, couldn't watch World Cup, now there are several channels carrying it

With news that more than 1 million will watch(TV) - which is more than the Superbowl, the people said what's superbowl????

I've got my brother recording on Tivo for me so anything I miss will get to watch later today....

Still think we need to keep an eye on Iran's team - watched one of their matches and they look very good, out manuevering(sp) the other team....

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/

for most recent updates and news check out the link above

Okwataga 06-10-2006 06:59 AM

Let's see Germany beat Costa Rica 4-2
Ecuador beat Poland 2-0

today England plays - Hope Rooney puts a few in

X cheryl X 06-11-2006 10:58 AM

:star: Did everyone watch the England match yesterday??? I thought the second half was like watching paint dry unfortunatley-but never mind eh,their through!!! :thumbsup:

Okwataga 06-12-2006 10:44 AM

Looked like the heat was getting to the guys of England

Watched Mexico and Iran play - that was a good match really back and forth I think 50/50 - but was surprised to see Iran slip in the second half.

Waiting on US at noon today - hopefully they'll pull through

X cheryl X 06-12-2006 03:28 PM

Quote:

Looked like the heat was getting to the guys of England

Watched Mexico and Iran play - that was a good match really back and forth I think 50/50 - but was surprised to see Iran slip in the second half.

Waiting on US at noon today - hopefully they'll pull through

*Yeah,something was'nt right with them.Maybe something to do with ROONEY BEING ON THE BENCH!Hope he's playing tomorrow,maybe they'l score a few.What about U.S eh?XX :regular_s