PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Pow Wow Information (http://forums.powwows.com/f58/)
-   -   Jingle Dancing (http://forums.powwows.com/f58/jingle-dancing-50134/)

Paul G 03-09-2009 12:17 PM

Jingle Dancing
 
This page has moved:
http://www.powwows.com/articles/?p=171

<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="5;url=http://www.powwows.com/articles/?p=171" />

cthex 02-17-2010 12:42 PM

Grandmother
 
Are there patterns for vests and accessories for jingle dresses? I am making one for my granddaughter. I know how I'm going to do the dress, but would like to make a vest, hair ties, headband, earrrings, ect. I need help in making these items. Help from anyone would be greatly appreciated. cthex

Migiziwomen 02-17-2010 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cthex (Post 1368034)
Are there patterns for vests and accessories for jingle dresses? I am making one for my granddaughter. I know how I'm going to do the dress, but would like to make a vest, hair ties, headband, earrrings, ect. I need help in making these items. Help from anyone would be greatly appreciated. cthex



well welcome to the site, you will find what you are looking for here. the answers await....lol

pick just a couple things to work on at a time so you do not get over whelmed. some more specific questions would help. also, go to the jingle threads.

how old is your grand baby? there are age appropriate thing she can help with. this will be a great memory and a way for you to spend time together, telling her the history that was told to you.


PAUL,
crazy i was just telling this story last night.
are you going to take this thread down when the snow leaves the ground?

oh, and you could not have picked a better woman to capture the use and purpose of our medicine dress. she lived the story of healing.

amazing woman!

Paul G 02-17-2010 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Migiziwomen (Post 1368183)
well welcome to the site, you will find what you are looking for here. the answers await....lol

pick just a couple things to work on at a time so you do not get over whelmed. some more specific questions would help. also, go to the jingle threads.

how old is your grand baby? there are age appropriate thing she can help with. this will be a great memory and a way for you to spend time together, telling her the history that was told to you.


PAUL,
crazy i was just telling this story last night.
are you going to take this thread down when the snow leaves the ground?

oh, and you could not have picked a better woman to capture the use and purpose of our medicine dress. she lived the story of healing.

amazing woman!

Why would I take this thread down?

kgirl7 02-17-2010 06:10 PM

I''m not Anishnaabe, but i guess it might be that certain stories are told in certain seasons...

Paul G 02-17-2010 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgirl7 (Post 1368490)
I''m not Anishnaabe, but i guess it might be that certain stories are told in certain seasons...

Hmm. Never heard that.

This has been on the site for years.

I'd like to hear more about this!

Liberty 05-01-2010 06:38 AM

beautiful beautiful
 
soo beautiful :angel::thumbsup:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
Copyright 2006, PowWows.com, LLC