Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > News Claims Native to get "invited to luncheons" Claims Native to get "invited to luncheons"

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-30-2012, 12:13 AM   #21
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 42,587.55
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakotaWi73 View Post
I'm Oglala Lakota...I dont ever have to publicly CLAIM my heritage, I'm to busy BEING Lakota to worry about all that
Umm... didn't you just claim publically to be something?
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. — Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.
yaahl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-31-2012, 05:06 AM   #22
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 44,676.96
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofAda View Post
I think they felt that force of that argument all the way back in Boston, LOL!

I like what OLC said, too. I can't tell you how many times I have had people ask me if I "get free college" or "don't have to pay taxes" because I'm Indian.

Never had anybody ask me if I get invited to any luncheons, though.
Do you get invited to any luncheons? LOL! Just couldn't resist.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-31-2012, 10:01 AM   #23
Back where I belong

Items Present
NorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond repute
NorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,899.39
Quote:
Originally Posted by subeeds View Post
Do you get invited to any luncheons? LOL! Just couldn't resist.
Nope. Now I'm feeling all left out and stuff.

I read today that Elizabeth Warren also stated in a speech a few months back that she was the "first nursing mother to take the bar exam in New Jersey." Hmm.... The first woman to sit the bar exam in New Jersey did so back in 1895. Either Warren is really, really old, or she's lying ... again.

Back to the Cherokee thing, though, she should have known it wasn't the high cheekbones one bases their ancestry on. It's the eyes and nose, LOL!

"If asked, Toot [Obama’s maternal grandmother, Madelyne Payne Dunham] would turn her head in profile to show off her beaked nose, which, along with a pair of jet-black eyes, was offered as proof of Cherokee blood." - Barack Obama in "Dreams of my Father"
NorthofAda is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-31-2012, 10:04 AM   #24
Back where I belong

Items Present
NorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond repute
NorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond reputeNorthofAda has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaahl View Post
Umm... didn't you just claim publically to be something?
Like somebody said online the other day, it's not a question of what YOU claim, it's a question of who claims YOU.

If you're part of a native community, you will be known. Your family will be known.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:55 AM   #25
Unregistered Cherokee

deafdrummer is off the scaledeafdrummer is off the scaledeafdrummer is off the scaledeafdrummer is off the scaledeafdrummer is off the scaledeafdrummer is off the scaledeafdrummer is off the scaledeafdrummer is off the scaledeafdrummer is off the scaledeafdrummer is off the scaledeafdrummer is off the scaledeafdrummer is off the scaledeafdrummer is off the scaledeafdrummer is off the scaledeafdrummer is off the scale
Credits: 304.01
Quote:
Like somebody said online the other day, it's not a question of what YOU claim, it's a question of who claims YOU.

If you're part of a native community, you will be known. Your family will be known.

That's interesting... If I managed to escape the Christian fold because no one knew that I was deaf until it was past too late, does that mean that I'm Christian if my family claims me? I have to say no, because I don't live it, and I don't practice it. I don't even see it, as my worldview is very different.

Does this mean that I cannot claim to be of an "undefined spirituality" when it is all I grew up with until I was found to be profoundly deaf? There IS no one else like me out there that I can find. The criteria is that one was liguistically and religiously isolated for much longer than is normally allowed in modern civilization, but I'm only 46, and most people my age were caught reasonably early enough. I managed to escape because I fooled my parents by lip-reading, but I couldn't talk. It was seven and a half before I was fitted with hearing aids, and it was eight and a half before I had my first exposure to religion after my polish-Catholic nanny got tired of hearing me cussing. I was hearing it from another girl in the country who was even younger! By then, it was too late. My worldview had already formed, and there was no changing it.
deafdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-31-2012, 11:58 AM   #26
Sg̱aaga g̱uu hla.

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
yaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond reputeyaahl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 42,587.55
Quote:

Exactly.

I'm seeing an increase in the number of folks claiming to have Blackfoot blood. I think I'm more conscious of who the Blackfoot are now that I live in their territory and I'm having a hard time with the notion that Americans on the east coast are claiming to be all Blackfoot.Most don't even have a distant relative that was born out this way - let alone have the connection to the tribe.

I figure since the Lakota, Apache and Cherokee are pretty much wannabe'ed out and have been able to accurately set out who is who in the tribe that the next tribe to see an increase of their "long lost people" are the Plains tribes that have been pretty much forgotten about until now.

How come no one from the east ever wants to be Kaska or Han? Or have a dream about a mayfly or earth worm?
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. — Robert A. Heinlein

I can see the wheel turning but the Hamster appears to be dead.
yaahl is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-31-2012, 12:26 PM   #27
Banned

Items Tree
rezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond repute
rezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 13,536.73
Quote:
Originally Posted by deafdrummer View Post
That's interesting... If I managed to escape the Christian fold because no one knew that I was deaf until it was past too late, does that mean that I'm Christian if my family claims me? I have to say no, because I don't live it, and I don't practice it. I don't even see it, as my worldview is very different.

Does this mean that I cannot claim to be of an "undefined spirituality" when it is all I grew up with until I was found to be profoundly deaf? There IS no one else like me out there that I can find. The criteria is that one was liguistically and religiously isolated for much longer than is normally allowed in modern civilization, but I'm only 46, and most people my age were caught reasonably early enough. I managed to escape because I fooled my parents by lip-reading, but I couldn't talk. It was seven and a half before I was fitted with hearing aids, and it was eight and a half before I had my first exposure to religion after my polish-Catholic nanny got tired of hearing me cussing. I was hearing it from another girl in the country who was even younger! By then, it was too late. My worldview had already formed, and there was no changing it.

Would you just get off the soapbox already? Jeez, we get it, you're deaf, but so are millions of other people in this world. And we also get that you're not Christian, just like BILLIONS are not in this world, so you are NOT a unique special one of a kind precious commodity. F N A! Get over yourself. You admitted on another thread you're white who grew up with Mexican, so how is it that you are on here talking about "undefined spirituality" ? Is that code for Wannabe or what?

You yourself said that you were 7 before you were fitted for your first hearing aides, and 8 before someone took you to church, being 46 now that gave you 38 years to pull your head out of you (__________) and be willing to change, to at least look into what might be out there. Not set in stone, life is defined for me this way before I'm 10. To call a spade a spade, that's b-u-l-l-s-h-*-t and you know it. Now for the you have it so rough attitude, if you have hearing aides by 7 I wouldn't call you a disadvantage youngen. I've grown up with people who are deaf and no one knew before it was too late, I've grown up with people who are deaf because their families couldn't afford the cost of medical, I've grown up with people who are blind and lame for the same reasons, and they all say the same thing, the are "Grateful", because there are kids around the world who have less than kids on the rez. The fact is you have nothing to complain about, so why don't you just BE QUIET! enjoy the games and talking with folks, but just shut up already before the violins start getting on my nerves.

And if you want to keep on the Christianity issue either ask to start a new thread, and remember there are many of us here, or go join a antiChrist oops antiChristian board. Now stay on topic or get off, PLEASE!
rezrazed is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-31-2012, 12:31 PM   #28
Unregistered Cherokee

deafdrummer is off the scaledeafdrummer is off the scaledeafdrummer is off the scaledeafdrummer is off the scaledeafdrummer is off the scaledeafdrummer is off the scaledeafdrummer is off the scaledeafdrummer is off the scaledeafdrummer is off the scaledeafdrummer is off the scaledeafdrummer is off the scaledeafdrummer is off the scaledeafdrummer is off the scaledeafdrummer is off the scaledeafdrummer is off the scale
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezrazed View Post
Would you just get off the soapbox already?
STOP!! THAT IS ENOUGH!! KEEP YOUR GD VIEWS TO YOURSELF! You have no understanding of my position in my worldview. None whatsoever, nor do you try. That is the trouble with people like you.

Back off... I have nothing further to do with you. DROP IT.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:52 PM   #29
Banned

Items Tree
rezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
STOP!! THAT IS ENOUGH!! KEEP YOUR GD VIEWS TO YOURSELF!
First of all that's the beauty of the internet. I can place my Views, thoughts and/or opinions out there for the whole world to hate, and not care if they do, you might want to come to that understanding if your are going to continue to frequent forum boards.

Quote:
You have no understanding of my position in my worldview. None whatsoever, nor do you try.
Nor did I try to explain your understanding of your position of your worldview, but called you out on what appears to be your histrionic behavior as well as your more evident "Poor Me Syndrome" Coupled with your Anti-Christ personality disorders.

Quote:
Back off... I have nothing further to do with you. DROP IT. That is the trouble with people like you.
What? Christian! If you'll notice, I never once told you you must be saved, nor have I told you you're going to hell ... yet!

Take my advice, that you are trying to pass off as your own and DROP IT.

Again, if you are going to continue to frequent these boards or any like them, keep the religion bashing to nil, and stick to the games and general chit chat, don't try to bite off more than you can chew.
1. It's rude,
2. You only end up looking like Fred Durst, as described by Zakk Wylde.

Google it.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:55 PM   #30
Unregistered Cherokee

Quote:
First of all that's the beauty of the internet.
Phuck it.

Yaahl, delete my account. I'm not coming back to deal with a Christian Insurgent right here on a Native American web site. Bye Bye.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:09 PM   #31
Banned

Items Tree
Quote:
Phuck it.

Yaahl, delete my account. I'm not coming back to deal with a Christian Insurgent right here on a Native American web site. Bye Bye.
A NATIVE Christian Insurgent. Please if you are going to try to insult me, at least do it with the proper adjectives.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:51 PM   #32
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 95,125.86
Simmer down now people.

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-31-2012, 05:06 PM   #33
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 38,634.63
Savings: 1.00
Quote:

Lets get back on track Peoples:

This Woman based on Family stories checked a box that indicated that she was a minority race.

It was called into question, rather than say hey, it was Family story her campaign people tried to legitimize the fact, However it has been shown that her family has no basis for this claim! Because there never was a connection through primary documentation which is the common accepted "proof" not just for citizenship in a Tribe, but try to get a Passport next time with just a Marriage license that says your American!!!

Does she apoligize and move on? NO
She stonewalls and refuses to let the story die its normal 15 seconds of fame

Now it has blown up into a national story

Ok lets go from there...
Josiah is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-01-2012, 07:52 AM   #34
Self-Righteous Injun

Items Treasure ChestPresentTreasure ChestPresent
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 17,980.51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolbox View Post
Simmer down now people.
I guess I missed the floorshow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiah
...people tried to legitimize the fact...there never was a connection through primary documentation...
There's documentation I would accept other than direct lineage but she doesn't appear to have that, either. (i.e., we can't find that great-great-great Grandma was native but she did live among a tribe for thirty years. Guess what? You'd be culturally Native...)
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #35
Banned

Items Tree
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
There's documentation I would accept other than direct lineage but she doesn't appear to have that, either. (i.e., we can't find that great-great-great Grandma was native but she did live among a tribe for thirty years. Guess what? You'd be culturally Native...)
OK Devil's advocate here:

Yes, Zeke culturally she could be, I would tend to say, If I live in a predominantly Black/Hispanic/White neighborhood would that make me, Black/Hispanic/White, even if I don't share in the culture, (celebrations, fiestas, Kwanza, etc.) Am I labeled to be black/hispanic/white by association and or location?

What's your opinion on this regarding her checking a box, that asked for Nationality, not culture, is she being truthful through technicality or still just lying? Just curious as too your opinion on this.

I believe that she is neither ethnically nor culturally as NO One has stepped up to claim her. OK documentation says she's not what she claims to be, big surprise, BUT, neither has anyone stepped up to say, she may not have blood, but she grew up here, she's been an active productive member of the community, etc, etc. Would you agree with that or disagree?
Old 06-01-2012, 05:06 PM   #36
Self-Righteous Injun

Items Treasure ChestPresentTreasure ChestPresent
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 17,980.51
Quote:
I believe that she is neither ethnically nor culturally as NO One has stepped up to claim her.
I get your point, which seems the same as mine: it is quite possible to be accepted among/as Native without there being the barest shred of paper proof.

But that carries it's own threshold which she, also, hasn't met.

Which would seem to put us in agreement.
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-01-2012, 07:12 PM   #37
Back where I belong

Items Present
If I were running for office, and I had exaggerated something in my past and it came out, I would think the honorable thing to do would be to fess up to it and move on.

It takes a big person to say, "I screwed up." Seems to me that would help Warren's cause as a politician a lot more than doubling down on unsubstantiated claim.

There are plenty of people who through various connections have become "accepted" in Indian Country - through intermarriage, friendships, work in support of Native communities, etc. She didn't even try to make that kind of connection.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:31 AM   #38
Banned

Items Tree
Quote:
If I were running for office, and I had exaggerated something in my past and it came out, I would think the honorable thing to do would be to fess up to it and move on.

It takes a big person to say, "I screwed up." Seems to me that would help Warren's cause as a politician a lot more than doubling down on unsubstantiated claim.

There are plenty of people who through various connections have become "accepted" in Indian Country - through intermarriage, friendships, work in support of Native communities, etc. She didn't even try to make that kind of connection.
Seeing as she HASN'T done' the right thing, just solidifies that she is indeed a politician, at least in spirit, and two, I guess the old say is true, "It's not a lie if you believe it."

Unfortunately NoA, no politician offers up that simple little phrase, until they've been busted, cause we all know that Reagan, (and I loved Reagan), had "No recollection of that" and Bill, "Well, need I say more"?
Old 06-04-2012, 06:34 PM   #39
widaisy1982

widaisy1982 has a reputation beyond reputewidaisy1982 has a reputation beyond reputewidaisy1982 has a reputation beyond reputewidaisy1982 has a reputation beyond reputewidaisy1982 has a reputation beyond reputewidaisy1982 has a reputation beyond reputewidaisy1982 has a reputation beyond reputewidaisy1982 has a reputation beyond reputewidaisy1982 has a reputation beyond reputewidaisy1982 has a reputation beyond reputewidaisy1982 has a reputation beyond reputewidaisy1982 has a reputation beyond reputewidaisy1982 has a reputation beyond reputewidaisy1982 has a reputation beyond reputewidaisy1982 has a reputation beyond reputewidaisy1982 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 369.22
im just wonfering what what happen if this same thing were applied to a different minority or race i bet it would be getting national attention just saying
widaisy1982 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-04-2012, 11:45 PM   #40
Lakota Wicas'a

IyanHoks'ila has a reputation beyond repute
IyanHoks'ila has a reputation beyond reputeIyanHoks'ila has a reputation beyond reputeIyanHoks'ila has a reputation beyond reputeIyanHoks'ila has a reputation beyond reputeIyanHoks'ila has a reputation beyond reputeIyanHoks'ila has a reputation beyond reputeIyanHoks'ila has a reputation beyond reputeIyanHoks'ila has a reputation beyond reputeIyanHoks'ila has a reputation beyond reputeIyanHoks'ila has a reputation beyond reputeIyanHoks'ila has a reputation beyond reputeIyanHoks'ila has a reputation beyond reputeIyanHoks'ila has a reputation beyond reputeIyanHoks'ila has a reputation beyond reputeIyanHoks'ila has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,435.73
Reading all this craziness about people who claim to be 'Native', makes me wonder;

Who, within this little realm of the internet of pow-wow goers and supports, claims to be American?

Which leads me to ask, which is a favorite of mine when speaking with people in person, does America have a culture? (I think it does, jazz, rock-n-roll, cars, sex, and money are what comes to mind for me.)

Of all those of us who have had the opportunity to be raised within the system of the USA, would you consider yourself a part of American Culture or your Tribe's culture?

Is it culture that constitutes who you are? Is it blood quantum? Is it your mental state?

I guess mainly it make me wonder, if a truly Native American Indian who is an enrolled member and can have his/her roots back to the original rolls of their tribe, claimed to be America, would it get the same reaction?
IyanHoks'ila is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links