Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > News Flute player hopes to curtail pregnant drinking Flute player hopes to curtail pregnant drinking

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 06:53 PM   #1
Head Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Skabewis has a reputation beyond reputeSkabewis has a reputation beyond reputeSkabewis has a reputation beyond reputeSkabewis has a reputation beyond reputeSkabewis has a reputation beyond reputeSkabewis has a reputation beyond reputeSkabewis has a reputation beyond reputeSkabewis has a reputation beyond reputeSkabewis has a reputation beyond reputeSkabewis has a reputation beyond reputeSkabewis has a reputation beyond reputeSkabewis has a reputation beyond reputeSkabewis has a reputation beyond reputeSkabewis has a reputation beyond reputeSkabewis has a reputation beyond reputeSkabewis has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,458.86
Savings: 1.00
Flute player hopes to curtail pregnant drinking

By Alex DeMarban
Anchorage, Alaska (AP)

Morgan Fawcett knows the agony of fetal alcohol spectrum disorder.

His hips are slightly deformed, so sitting too long hurts.

His spine curves where it shouldn’t, so his back aches easily.

Because his mother drank alcohol when she was pregnant with him, Fawcett deals with these pains, and more.

Skabewis is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-12-2009, 07:09 PM   #2
Cloth Dancer

Items Dolphin
NancyJo has a reputation beyond repute
NancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond reputeNancyJo has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,020.79
Savings: 0.00
We met this young man a couple of years ago............very amazing young man.
Search youtube.com and you may find a video of him under 'Fort Worth ISD pow wow'.

His website:
http://www.morganfawcett.synthasite.com/index.php

Last edited by NancyJo; 11-12-2009 at 07:21 PM..
NancyJo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-14-2009, 11:18 AM   #3
Junior Dancer

Tlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond reputeTlinkamoe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,851.70
I met Morgan while he was here in Oklahoma at a Chickasha pow wow. I am Tlinget as well and always enjoy meeting people from home. Since he was in his regalia I asked him where he was from. He responded---I'm from Alaska--- I paused because it was fairly obvious to me and reworded my questions. I than asked him where in Alaska are you from? He responded with "Hoonah" This is where my father was raised. Needless to say I remained by his side asking all kinds of questions. As it turns out we are family.
I got to see him again at an Oklahoma City pow wow and spent more time with him and his surrogate grandmother. When the dance was over we embraced and I never felt so much love from someone I just met. Our family ties made an instant connection and I left speechless. First it was refreshing being with family but in the presence of such an amazing young man making a difference in the Native community.
I am proud to say he is family and the world is better because he is in it.
Tlinkamoe is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-14-2011, 06:36 AM   #4
outnumbered

Items 49 AccessElephantCakePresent
comadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond repute
comadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond reputecomadre has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 40,630.70
He is a beautiful example of the possibilities that lie in our challenged children if they have the love and guidance and help.
There is only one thing to say about the level of obvious attentive parental love and care his grandparents have given- WOW!
some folks wish to meet famous folks.But personally it is Morgans grandparents whom I wish to emulate and consider it an honor should we ever meet.

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwor...rican-indians/
comadre is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links