Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree76Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > News Gov. Fallin's Daughter Defends Headdress Photo Gov. Fallin's Daughter Defends Headdress Photo

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-12-2014, 02:49 AM   #21
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 68,219.90
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by RestlessN8iv View Post
Well the whole being forced at gunpoint to assimilate was a hint that they were kinda okay with it.
Maybe so , but how does that affect you now ?

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-13-2014, 01:30 PM   #22
Agent of Chaos

RestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond repute
RestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond reputeRestlessN8iv has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 10,230.60
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardancer View Post
Maybe so , but how does that affect you now ?
um... you literally just listed how it affects all of us a few posts back.

That was my point. you asked what gives *us* the right to imitate white culture, I was simply pointing out that native societies adopted a lot of white culture at the insistence of white culture. That's the difference between appropriation and exchange.

One is offered freely, and the other is taken (often trivialized in the name of fashion)

"Don't trust anyone who isn't hungry."
- Me
RestlessN8iv is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-15-2014, 03:23 AM   #23
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Yes , Josiah , I understand about her apology. It's not any different than the last 3-4 times this has been done ,it makes the news ,everybody gets mad , then they apologize , life goes on ! They got what they wanted , big publicity , their 15 minutes of fame. And they will keep doing it because they don't care.......sad
windanncer and gilisi like this.

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 03-15-2014, 03:33 AM   #24
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
Quote:
Originally Posted by RestlessN8iv View Post
um... you literally just listed how it affects all of us a few posts back.

That was my point. you asked what gives *us* the right to imitate white culture, I was simply pointing out that native societies adopted a lot of white culture at the insistence of white culture. That's the difference between appropriation and exchange.

One is offered freely, and the other is taken (often trivialized in the name of fashion)
Yes , and we took some for ourselves. That was then. What I'm referring to is YOUR choices , NOW , today and into our future. No one is forcing you to observe and abide by the dominate cultures rules. You make your decisions.
I was raised white , middle class , christian. That was then. Now I'm old and I don't agree with all of those values. My choice how I live. My belief system has changed. Now I lean back toward the old ways. That is our choice now !
windanncer and gilisi like this.

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 03-15-2014, 03:37 AM   #25
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiah View Post
The Kiowa Black Leggins holds there Dance every year and that picture that I posted above is from that Dance, they are doing the Scalp Dance and those women are Culturally Allowed to wear those.
I've been to that dance.
windanncer likes this.

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 04-24-2014, 07:14 PM   #26
Dances With Fat Chicks

milehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
milehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 31,977.76
i also seen it here......john emhoolah does it once a year at the FORT powwow
Old 04-24-2014, 07:27 PM   #27
Dances With Fat Chicks

milehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
milehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 31,977.76
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Powwow Dancer View Post
WTH they are gotta come up next white people acting like gangsters.
white people already do act like gangsters
Old 05-04-2014, 06:02 PM   #28
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 38,634.63
Christina Fallin

Well She has learned nothing....

She tweeted before her band went on stage at the Norman Music Festival that she was wearing her "Full Regalia" at tonight's Pink Pony (Her Band) performance...

Well she was in a something that some say was sort of like a Shawl and printed on the back it says "Sheep"
If you have never heard her Band Pink Pony well lets just say she needs every bit of help in advertising and word of mouth to get them to come see her LoL...

She did not get near the press she was looking for and it was barely a blip on the local news...
Pitiful
Of more concern is her Mother who is apparently finally fed up with her Daughters antics. The Governor's Office issued a Statement:

Gov. Mary Fallin suggested that not even she was buying her daughter’s explanation.

“On Saturday night, while performing at the Norman Music Festival, my daughter acted in a way that I believe was inappropriate,” the governor noted. “While she will always be my daughter and I love her very much, I don’t approve of her behavior on that night or that of her band. I have communicated that to Christina.”

The Norman Music Festival released a statement saying that it “does not support the actions of Pink Pony, and in particular Christina Fallin, at our festival on Saturday night.”

The statement continued: “We had no prior knowledge of the performance content, and we oppose her use and depiction of American Indian artifacts and symbols. We certainly understand that these actions do nothing but promote racism, cultural discrimination and religious discrimination. The Norman Music Festival is here to support artists and bring people together- not divide them. We apologize to anyone who was offended.”

Indian Country Today Media Network pointed out that this is not the first time the Native American community has crossed paths with the Fallin family. Last year, Gov. Fallin reportedly backed the forced adoption of a part-Cherokee child to a white South Carolina family.

Sponsored Links