Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > News possibly young native guy victim of greyhound bus horror possibly young native guy victim of greyhound bus horror

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-31-2008, 09:42 PM   #1
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 829.86
Savings: 1.00
Unhappy possibly young native guy victim of greyhound bus horror

http://start.shaw.ca/start/enCA/News...=n0731130A.xml

Transcript of an interview with a witness to the Greyhound bus decapitation
at 18:49 on July 31, 2008, EDT.
By THE CANADIAN PRESS
A Passenger departs a Brandon Bus Lines charter bus for a quick break back at the Comfort Inn in Brandon, Man. before heading to Winnipeg on Thursday, July 31, 2008. THE CANADIAN PRESS/ Tim Smith
A Passenger departs a Brandon Bus Lines charter bus for a quick break back at the Comfort Inn in Brandon, Man. before heading to Winnipeg on Thursday, July 31, 2008. THE CANADIAN PRESS/ Tim Smith

PORTAGE LA PRAIRIE, Man. - Transcripts of two interviews with passengers aboard a Greyhound bus in Manitoba who witnessed a man Wednesday night repeatedly stab and behead a fellow passenger.

Here is a transcript of what Garnet Caton told The Canadian Press:

"He put his bags in the overhead compartment. He didn't say a word to anybody. He seemed totally normal. He had sunglasses on. He sat down. And then, about a half an hour later, we heard this blood-curdling scream and turned around and the guy was standing up, stabbing this guy repeatedly, repeatedly, like, I dunno, must have been 40, 50 times in the neck and in the chest area. When he was attacking him, he was calm as like, it was like he was at the beach. He (was) totally calm, he didn't say anything. There was no rage or, or anything. He was just like a robot stabbing the guy.

We exited the bus. Everybody got off the bus. But a few of us, me and the trucker and one of the Greyhound drivers went back on the bus to go see what was going on and that's when we saw. . .he had the guy on the ground, he was cutting his head off and pretty much gutting him."

"That trucker. . . he had a crowbar and we ran and got a hammer and stuff. Me and the other bus driver, there, tried to guard the door; put our bodies up against the door and, you know, waiting for him to come out and whatnot."

"And he went back and brought the head to the front and pretty much, you know, displayed it to us like that and then dropped it on the ground in front of us. Very calmly, all very calmly, he was wearing sunglasses and like, you know, it was no big deal to him."

Here is a transcript of what Cody Olmstead of Kentville, N.S. told The Canadian Press:

"We were sitting on the bus watching a movie and the next thing you know you heard somebody say somebody's getting stabbed."

"I got up, looked back, seen this big guy holding a little fellow against the wall. Didn't see nothing after that. I run out the door, everybody rushed out the door, while I guess his buddy kept stabbing buddy."

"The guys held the door shut so the guy couldn't get out. The guy come to the front of the door with his buddy's head in his hands, decapitated. He dropped the head and went back and started cutting the body back up."

"Then he kept taunting the cops with the head. Well, when he came to the front of the bus and started taunting the cops because they had him barricaded and so he couldn't get off the bus to negotiate for him to come off. So, anyways, he was holding the head in front of the window. He dropped it and went back and started going through our stuff and all that good stuff."

"(The attacker) Just a big Asian or Native fellow. Like big bald hair. It was pretty disturbing and still is, right?"

"Well, I close my eyes and I still see him in the window with the young fellow's head that I'd just smoked a cigarette with earlier."

"It was intense. I can't sleep, a lot of people can't sleep."

"There's a guy right there that seen it all."

"Yeah, he (the victim) was native. He was younger. I think he was probably between 18 and it was just a sin."

"People were running off the bus."

"We were between Winnipeg and where are we now, Brandon?"

"And he just started stabbing buddy, so we all run off. And when we run off, he was still going at it. The next thing you know, he's coming to the front, so the guys are holding the door shut."

"So he goes to the back and a trucker guy stopped and..."

"I'm right there beside them. He's trying to get out the door. These guys are holding the door shut."

"There's blood up the side while he's got the knife out the door going, so he goes to the back and he's cutting buddy's head off comes up to the front and holds his head up and just stares at him right mean-looking and then he went back and started cutting the body up more."

©The Canadian Press, 2008
middle of the sky is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-31-2008, 09:58 PM   #2
Head Dancer

Items Cake
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where ever there are babies or children you can find me
Credits: 8,331.92
OMG MOTS that's terrible, oh WOW. That's gross. Of course it happens just before I'm about to take a trip by myself.LMAO I won't sleep tonight.
timmy tiger is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-31-2008, 10:12 PM   #3
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
middle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond reputemiddle of the sky has a reputation beyond repute
yeah its scary...maybe they should have metal screenings like on planes...
Old 07-31-2008, 10:14 PM   #4
Head Dancer

Items Cake
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
timmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond reputetimmy tiger has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where ever there are babies or children you can find me
Credits: 8,331.92
Yeah, maybe they should, that sure would be nice. Well, good thing is is that I'm not taking a bus.LOL
timmy tiger is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-31-2008, 11:04 PM   #5
Rockin' the Rockies!

Items Elephant
tayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond reputetayoonee has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 640.13
Savings: 0.00
Wow, I'm always worried about driving alone..now I have to be worried about riding with people. This is insane...
Old 08-01-2008, 12:33 AM   #6
Banned

they_drag_him has a reputation beyond reputethey_drag_him has a reputation beyond reputethey_drag_him has a reputation beyond reputethey_drag_him has a reputation beyond reputethey_drag_him has a reputation beyond reputethey_drag_him has a reputation beyond reputethey_drag_him has a reputation beyond reputethey_drag_him has a reputation beyond reputethey_drag_him has a reputation beyond reputethey_drag_him has a reputation beyond reputethey_drag_him has a reputation beyond reputethey_drag_him has a reputation beyond reputethey_drag_him has a reputation beyond reputethey_drag_him has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
this is worse than our earthquake. my condolences to the family.
they_drag_him is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-01-2008, 04:01 AM   #7
Pow Wow Visitor

mopahean has a brilliant futuremopahean has a brilliant futuremopahean has a brilliant futuremopahean has a brilliant futuremopahean has a brilliant futuremopahean has a brilliant futuremopahean has a brilliant futuremopahean has a brilliant futuremopahean has a brilliant future
I just read this on cnn, but they did not disclose his possible identity. The attacker could be possibly N8TV too!?! My god,,,a disturbing story. Prayers to the victim's family.
mopahean is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-01-2008, 10:16 AM   #8
Swan Lake Ojibway

ojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond repute
ojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond reputeojibwaywmn has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 241.60
My sister was on her way home from visiting me that evening and was held up on the Trans Canada Highway for about 30 minutes or so. She left my house at the time of incident....freaky.

There are some rumours that the victim was native but haven't received confirmation at this time. So I am waiting for further developments before I say anymore.
ojibwaywmn is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-01-2008, 10:47 AM   #9
is waiting ....

chazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond repute
chazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 374.00
this is one rank incident ... condolences to the family. and i hope greyhound canada and the RCMP are offering counselling for the rest of the passengers on this bus. what a horrible thing to witness
Old 08-01-2008, 10:57 AM   #10
Happy Beading Woman

ac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond repute
ac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 12,654.90
I read this yesterday and couldn't believe it. So tragic!

I'm so glad I don't ride Greyhound any more.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:12 AM   #11
is waiting ....

chazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond repute
chazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond reputechazziff has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 374.00
well once ya really think about it ... any company offering bus transportation ... isnt too great in the area of screening of their passengers. who ever can jus get on the bus .... no questions asked. no one is searched for weapons - either by metal detectors or thru an actual "pat down" by security.

i am so thinking this is a great big huge wake up call for these types of companies and the passengers who use them.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:16 AM   #12
Happy Beading Woman

ac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond repute
ac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 12,654.90
Chazz....yep, you're totally right. I do HOPE it's a wake up call, and the bus companies will do something more for security.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:20 AM   #13
M...O...T...to the S!

Items Present
CTV.ca | Friends identify bus victim; RCMP name suspect

Friends identify bus victim; RCMP name suspect

Updated Fri. Aug. 1 2008 10:46 AM ET

CTV.ca News Staff

RCMP have charged Vince Weiguang Li, 40, with second-degree murder after 22-year-old Tim McLean was stabbed and then decapitated in a vicious attack on a Greyhound bus.

Li, from Edmonton, Alta., will appear at a court in Portage la Prairie, Man., on Friday morning, RCMP confirmed in a press release.

McLean, identified by friends as the victim, was killed late Wednesday in what appears to be a random act of violence.

Initial reports said McLean was sleeping with his head against the window when a large man sitting beside him attacked.

However, one of McLean's best friends said he was not asleep when the attack happened.

"I was talking to one of his ex-girlfriends not too long ago, and she was texting him the whole way back from Edmonton until 10 minutes before this accident happens," William Caron told The Canadian Press.

"He was just sitting there texting her, listening to music on his cellphone."

Caron said McLean was returning to Winnipeg after working at a carnival booth at fairs around western Canada.

"My brother was supposed to go meet him at the bus depot and he never showed up," said Caron.

Brian, who asked that his last name not be used, worked with McLean and described him Friday as an easy-going guy.

"The one thing that I noticed about Tim was that he never took anything seriously," Brian told CTV Newsnet.

He said if McLean did have a chance to fight back he would have.

"I don't think Tim is the type of person to take any crap from anyone," he said.

Meanwhile, friends of the victim quickly created a "R.I.P. Tim" tribute on the social networking website Facebook.

"I can't believe this is happening," wrote Leah Dryburgh of Winnipeg.

"Tim, you were the best guy ever. You didn't deserve this at all."

Pictures of McLean have also been picked up from the website.

A post-mortem on McLean's body will be conducted Friday at the Winnipeg Health Sciences Centre. RCMP officials have not officially released the identity of the victim.

Meanwhile, many of passengers on the bus received counselling following the ordeal and have since returned home.

Frank Yeo, whose daughter was on the bus when the attack happened, said she's now trying to recover from the ordeal.

"Fortunately she didn't see full details head on but she saw enough that she's pretty traumatized," Yeo told CTV Newsnet on Friday.

Yeo said it's going to take a long time for many of the witnesses to recover.

"There were small children on the bus, there were a lot of people for who an event like this will just devastate them emotionally," he said.

With files from The Canadian Press
Old 08-01-2008, 11:53 AM   #14
Banned

they_drag_him has a reputation beyond reputethey_drag_him has a reputation beyond reputethey_drag_him has a reputation beyond reputethey_drag_him has a reputation beyond reputethey_drag_him has a reputation beyond reputethey_drag_him has a reputation beyond reputethey_drag_him has a reputation beyond reputethey_drag_him has a reputation beyond reputethey_drag_him has a reputation beyond reputethey_drag_him has a reputation beyond reputethey_drag_him has a reputation beyond reputethey_drag_him has a reputation beyond reputethey_drag_him has a reputation beyond reputethey_drag_him has a reputation beyond repute
this is from his myspace

MySpace.com - JoKAwiLd - 22 - Male - Winnipeg, CA - www.myspace.com/108390479

Who I'd like to meet:
People, a dinosaur, an alien, the wolfman, frankensteins monster, a vampire, every kewl canadian, every kewl american, every kewl every body, ppl that drink, ppl that dont, ppl who smoke, ppl who dont, ppl that work, ppl that that dont, ppl who drive, ppl who dont, ppl that get married, ppl that dont, ya get the point. either way i like meeting new people all the time and most importantly i want to meet ppl that DO!
they_drag_him is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-01-2008, 12:21 PM   #15
PowWows.com Addicts

Items Panda
Kakeeya has a reputation beyond repute
Kakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond reputeKakeeya has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,339.79
I read abut this yesterday at Indianz and it made me feel sick all day. The poor guy, never had a chance. I thought after Sept. 11th the bus systen was more cautious, I remember one of my relatives was riding the bus then she couldn't bring a small knife on board with her, but maybe that's just for the US? Not even sure if they are still as cautious anymore, seems like all the transportation companies have slacked with security.

They never said if he was aboriginal or not, does anyone know?
Kakeeya is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-01-2008, 01:10 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakeeya View Post
I read abut this yesterday at Indianz and it made me feel sick all day. The poor guy, never had a chance. I thought after Sept. 11th the bus systen was more cautious, I remember one of my relatives was riding the bus then she couldn't bring a small knife on board with her, but maybe that's just for the US? Not even sure if they are still as cautious anymore, seems like all the transportation companies have slacked with security.

They never said if he was aboriginal or not, does anyone know?
no, he was caucasian, this is from his myspace

JoKAwiLd's Details

Here for: Dating, Serious Relationships, Friends
Orientation: Straight
Hometown: Winnipeg
Body type: 5' 6" / Athletic
Ethnicity: White / Caucasian
Zodiac Sign: Libra
Smoke / Drink: Yes / Yes
Children: Someday
Education: High school

poor guy never had a chance.