Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > News Sarah Palin's hostile record on Tribal issues Sarah Palin's hostile record on Tribal issues

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-14-2008, 08:20 PM   #1
Head Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Skabewis has a reputation beyond reputeSkabewis has a reputation beyond reputeSkabewis has a reputation beyond reputeSkabewis has a reputation beyond reputeSkabewis has a reputation beyond reputeSkabewis has a reputation beyond reputeSkabewis has a reputation beyond reputeSkabewis has a reputation beyond reputeSkabewis has a reputation beyond reputeSkabewis has a reputation beyond reputeSkabewis has a reputation beyond reputeSkabewis has a reputation beyond reputeSkabewis has a reputation beyond reputeSkabewis has a reputation beyond reputeSkabewis has a reputation beyond reputeSkabewis has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,458.86
Savings: 1.00
Sarah Palin's hostile record on Tribal issues

By Lloyd Miller and Heather Kendall Miller
News From Indian Country 9-08

Perhaps no issue is of greater importance to Alaska Native peoples as the right to hunt and fish according to ancient customary and traditional practices, and to carry on the subsistence way of life for future generations. These rights are not just a matter of custom, they are a matter of necessity in a State where Native villages are spread across a largely roadless area covering 375 million acres, and where subsistence foods are still fully 60% of the local diet.

But Governor Sarah Palin has consistently opposed those essential and fundamental rights.

As soon as Palin was sworn in as Governor she set a firm course against Native subsistence rights. One of her very first decisions was to continue litigation that seeks to overturn every subsistence fishing determination the federal government has ever made in Alaska.

Skabewis is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-14-2008, 09:21 PM   #2
Oldfart

Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Kiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond reputeKiwehnzii has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
What a beeyotch.

So..................... are any of you natives still voting for Mcain/Palin?
Kiwehnzii is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-15-2008, 12:22 AM   #3
mtn lover..

dancing bear is a glorious beacon of light
Location: wyoming now.. originally from new mexico though.. but summer is coming.. so my tent or my car..
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
not me... I checked out Obamas site yesterday and they have a special group on there for first americans.. I thought that was cool..
I want to get a button that says "dancing for change..." it's got Johnathon Windy Boy on it..
check it out!!!
db
dancing bear is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-05-2009, 04:33 PM   #4
OgamaWab

OgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant futureOgamaWab10 has a brilliant future
Credits: 390.00
Savings: 362.25
Sarah Palin violated native american rights

Sarah Palin violated native american rights. Remember now that the USA signed treaties with the Natives Americans in the area. Perhaps no issue is of greater importance to Alaska Native peoples as the right to hunt and fish according to ancient customary and traditional practices, and to carry on the subsistence way of life for future generations.

Governor Sarah Palin has consistently opposed those rights.
OgamaWab10 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-07-2009, 01:02 PM   #5
BOULDERDASH!

Coyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond repute
Coyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 396.55
Savings: 1.00
Lightbulb Palin is a B*tch on wheels!

A Quitter too.....
"She also has a very soft skin. The only trouble with snake women is they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me. She say's she doesn't. That's why I call her "Doesn't Like Horses". But, of course, she's lying."
Coyot_In_The_House is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links