Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life > News Three Affiliated Tribes planning to take over health care Three Affiliated Tribes planning to take over health care

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-20-2008, 12:34 PM   #1
Head Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Skabewis has a reputation beyond reputeSkabewis has a reputation beyond reputeSkabewis has a reputation beyond reputeSkabewis has a reputation beyond reputeSkabewis has a reputation beyond reputeSkabewis has a reputation beyond reputeSkabewis has a reputation beyond reputeSkabewis has a reputation beyond reputeSkabewis has a reputation beyond reputeSkabewis has a reputation beyond reputeSkabewis has a reputation beyond reputeSkabewis has a reputation beyond reputeSkabewis has a reputation beyond reputeSkabewis has a reputation beyond reputeSkabewis has a reputation beyond reputeSkabewis has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,458.86
Savings: 1.00
Three Affiliated Tribes planning to take over health care

New Town, North Dakota (AP)

The Three Affiliated Tribes’ business council is making plans to take over the delivery of health care on the Fort Berthold Reservation from Indian Health Service. Some think it should be put to a vote.

Three Affiliated Tribes Chairman Marcus Wells Jr. said the decision for the tribe to take over the health care “has come after many years of enduring a lot of lack of trust responsibility of Indian Health Service for the tribes.”

Skabewis is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-20-2008, 01:49 PM   #2
Senior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
debbieyd is a name known to all
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Lightbulb Need to put more thought into plans.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skabewis View Post
New Town, North Dakota (AP)

The Three Affiliated Tribes’ business council is making plans to take over the delivery of health care on the Fort Berthold Reservation from Indian Health Service. Some think it should be put to a vote.

Three Affiliated Tribes Chairman Marcus Wells Jr. said the decision for the tribe to take over the health care “has come after many years of enduring a lot of lack of trust responsibility of Indian Health Service for the tribes.”

This is a lot for any Tribe to take over, and this is my opinion. If the Tribe would look over their Treaty and see what is suppose to take place as far as Health care on Reservations and if it is not up to par, then it needs to be addressed to NCAI or other Treaty Tribe Unions so that it can be properly be taken care of. For a Tribe to take action is a lot of responsibility, and much $$ to pay out to physicians, staff members, facility upkeep, and so forth. Who has this amount of dollars to make sure there is sufficient medical care? This needs more thoughts and brainstorming for the 3-Affiliated Tribes, this is my thoughts.
What exactly are the pros and cons of Tribal run -vs- Indian Health Service affect how well health care is provided? Maybe this is not any of my business, but I used to live there and I'm just giving my opinion.

Last edited by debbieyd; 02-20-2008 at 02:01 PM..
debbieyd is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links