PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Head Staff (http://forums.powwows.com/f66/)
-   -   Prayer (http://forums.powwows.com/f66/prayer-53126/)

LaughingWaterWI 10-22-2009 10:44 PM

Giga Sis
Wow itís amazing how some people view our pow wows
Different strokes for different folk thanks, for the info on your preference and opinion..
If this is such a mind trip then why do you go to pow wows

comadre 07-16-2012 03:46 AM

milehighsalute 04-12-2013 05:10 PM

i know this is old....but if gaia is still here may i suggest the stupid spring bear twinkie powwow? lots of people there gettin all spiritual n stuff............i have a feeling that powwwow would be more to your liking

NancyJo 04-12-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milehighsalute (Post 1573814)
i know this is old....but if gaia is still here may i suggest the stupid spring bear twinkie powwow? lots of people there gettin all spiritual n stuff............i have a feeling that powwwow would be more to your liking

Well, there are certainly a lot more wannabe pow wows popping up......and a lot more folks trying to tell Indian folks how its supposed to be. I used to be more passionate about
trying to educate when I had the chance.. but I guess my getting older has tired me out some. For everyone you talk to to educate....there seems to be three more that have no idea about our culture come up and feel the need to tell us how we should do things. I don't want to say I've given up....no. I've just become overwhelmed with their ignorance.....I figure maybe this is one of those lessons they have ro learn for them selves. Go to pow wows and make them selves look foolish and maybe they will learn that my silence is my wisdom of age. LOL. I've seen their type more than I care to count. My thought has come down to this....these folks that feel the need to educate Indian people on their culture are either going to lose intrest when they realize no one is interested in their advice and they'll go away.....or they will start listenning with sincere intrest and become good friends to see at our pow wows. Well, thats my ideas for now....as I get older my thoughts might change somewhat....maybe not. And I hope these folks, too as they get older learn that sometimes listenning is the best way to really learn. I am christian and Indian and I always feel proud that our people still include our Father Creator in our pow wows. For me the pow wows is being with my family, seeing good friends, celebrating who we are, dancing.....not some kind of funny"spiritual" feeling. And I thank my Father Creator for that gift.

reocurringdream 04-13-2013 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NancyJo (Post 1573877)
Well, there are certainly a lot more wannabe pow wows popping up......and a lot more folks trying to tell Indian folks how its supposed to be. I used to be more passionate about
trying to educate when I had the chance.. but I guess my getting older has tired me out some. For everyone you talk to to educate....there seems to be three more that have no idea about our culture come up and feel the need to tell us how we should do things. I don't want to say I've given up....no. I've just become overwhelmed with their ignorance.....I figure maybe this is one of those lessons they have ro learn for them selves.

Television becomes the educator by volume. Its good you tried when you did, but unfortunately, knowledge becomes a numbers game. Ppl these days do what's familiar and call it knowledge. Whoever puts it on tv becomes the educator because we are conditioned into being sheeps. Tv stations are expensive. Digital helps level the playing field alittle and internet helps, but the educator who takes the time and energy teaching one by one eventually gets trampled by the sheep army. We're so atomized we search channel by channel and ppl are just pit-stops until they lose our attention. In other words, its not your fault you cared and grew tired of it, the forces of ignorance are great these days. Attention better spent on your brothers and sisters, family and friends.

milehighsalute 04-15-2013 03:38 PM

i only responded to this old thread because she seems to be in colorado and i guess we just aint indian enough for her out here

Spiritflight 04-28-2013 07:06 AM

Maybe some will pray for my wellbeing - thank you.
The Great Spirit Watches Over You.

Spiritflight 04-30-2013 11:29 AM

Today I got the test results - I do not have to take any pills anymore my doctor told me last year I will have to take for the rest of my life concerning diabeties type 2. As I got both tests I took during the last 2 month showing me healthy again. So for now I am going without pills and will see in a few weeks if it stays normal. Thanks for prayers!!!