Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back >   > Feedback and Forum Support Ads redirecting me to other sites Ads redirecting me to other sites

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-03-2009, 01:39 PM   #21
Webmaster

Items PresentUser Name Style ChangeSteal PointsCake
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,940.82
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodlz View Post
I'm getting redirected to a site called buddytv online. It creates an infinite loop. If you cancel it the popunder telling you are about to be redirected just pops up again....if you wait it pops up several times. The only fix is to leave powwows.com and then come back and hope you don't get bogged down by that popunder again, but eventually if you stick around long enough it comes up again.

I'm using Mozilla btw. Really annoying...please give it a fix Paul or drop 'em. I've left this site for months before for similar issues and I know others do the same. Hope it gets resolved soon.

Noodlz
Thanks for the info1

Please don't just leave the site again. Tell me what is going on! And tell others the same. You don't know how many times I hear I stopped visiting for....

Most of the time people stop coming for a reason I can easily fix. I get dozens of people that tell me they stop vising because they forgot their password!
Paul G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-07-2009, 01:08 AM   #22
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 95,125.86
It just happened to me and it put me in an endless loop of "This site is attempting to redirect you to another page" and "If you leave this site information may be retransmitted to the redirected site" (Not the exact words but something along those lines). I forgot to take screen shots. This happens to me only in the "Spreading Rep" and sometimes in "Post Anything".

BTW to take screen shots simply press the "PrtScrn / SysRq" key on your keyboard then open up MS Paint or other image editing program and hit "Edit" then Hit "Paste", for photoshop you have to click "File" then "New" and hit "Ok" as it will change the canvas size to the size of what image to ever was last copied into the RAM, then use edit and paste. Save the image as a .jpg and upload to the web and post it. Or you can just take a picture with a camera.... lol.

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-07-2009, 10:11 AM   #23
Webmaster

Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
I've been talking with some other webmasters about how to find the ad network that is causing this. I have a way to find it.

I need a couple of people to do this for me.

Install this program:
Fiddler Web Debugger - A free web debugging tool

And run it while surfing powwows.com. When you get this problem, go to the log files from fiddler and send them to me.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:02 AM   #24
Thinkin' Fancy thoughts

beeleaf has a reputation beyond reputebeeleaf has a reputation beyond repute
beeleaf has a reputation beyond reputebeeleaf has a reputation beyond reputebeeleaf has a reputation beyond reputebeeleaf has a reputation beyond reputebeeleaf has a reputation beyond reputebeeleaf has a reputation beyond reputebeeleaf has a reputation beyond reputebeeleaf has a reputation beyond reputebeeleaf has a reputation beyond reputebeeleaf has a reputation beyond reputebeeleaf has a reputation beyond reputebeeleaf has a reputation beyond reputebeeleaf has a reputation beyond reputebeeleaf has a reputation beyond reputebeeleaf has a reputation beyond reputebeeleaf has a reputation beyond reputebeeleaf has a reputation beyond reputebeeleaf has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Thanks, Paul. Won't have a lot of time to be on here, but have just installed fiddler.
beeleaf is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-09-2009, 01:01 AM   #25
I pull your leg out!

Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
This just happened to me, as you'll see in the screen shot is the message telling me about information retransmission and in the IE status bar you'll see the website that it was attempting to send me to, although it appears that the upload program compresses the image and downsizes it, the original size is 1280 X 1024. is www . buddytv . com / popunder / version3 . aspx?ref=mu1-92953... I tried to debug the site in MS Visual Web Developer but the pop-up kept getting in the way of me trying to get the source code. Also as seen on my task bar is the time that this happened (12:42 AM EST)

Attached Thumbnails
tsredirected1.jpg  

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Old 07-09-2009, 11:00 AM   #26
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,056.53
It just started happening to me too. I thought maybe I clicked on an ad, but this last time I didn't. When I was scrolling down, the message about, "are you sure you want to leave this site?" kept popping up no matter how many times I hit cancel. I finally hit OK and was redirected to a Free Black Mac Air advertisement.

I'll take a screen shot next time, but I did notice at the bottom of the page the search.twitter.com kept popping it on the bar where it says which page is loading or DONE.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:30 AM   #27
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo_rose View Post
It just started happening to me too. I thought maybe I clicked on an ad, but this last time I didn't. When I was scrolling down, the message about, "are you sure you want to leave this site?" kept popping up no matter how many times I hit cancel. I finally hit OK and was redirected to a Free Black Mac Air advertisement.

I'll take a screen shot next time, but I did notice at the bottom of the page the search.twitter.com kept popping it on the bar where it says which page is loading or DONE.
You'll see the twitter message more now. We've added a twitter feed in the side bar. That searches every few minutes.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:05 AM   #28
hello

Items Present
superndngyrl has a reputation beyond repute
superndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond reputesuperndngyrl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,091.95
yea its a pain. It won't even let me close the browser but that same msg keeps popping up.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:32 AM   #29
I pull your leg out!

I just got this one a few mins ago, its was trying to redirect to abjmp.com {here is where the affiliate id and unique id are} if u need that I can give it to you, but its a very long address.

tsredirected2.jpg

Old 07-12-2009, 02:39 PM   #30
AKA...Falling Leaves

steelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond repute
steelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond repute
here is the latest one Paul.... it went to a chinese sex museum...

ChinaOnTV

Life should not be measured by the number of things that we aquire on our journey but by the number of lives that we touch along that road.

I am a bridge on the red path between my ancestors and the future. I am a bridge between my white heritage and my native heritage. A bridge joins two sides together and provides a way to move on..... A.K. O'Pry-Reynolds
steelemagnolia63 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-30-2009, 06:24 PM   #31
AKA...Falling Leaves

steelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond reputesteelemagnolia63 has a reputation beyond repute
Here is another one that just happened Paul...:)

Starting an Online Business: eBusiness and eCommerce Resources

Life should not be measured by the number of things that we aquire on our journey but by the number of lives that we touch along that road.

I am a bridge on the red path between my ancestors and the future. I am a bridge between my white heritage and my native heritage. A bridge joins two sides together and provides a way to move on..... A.K. O'Pry-Reynolds
Old 07-30-2009, 09:31 PM   #32
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelemagnolia63 View Post
Here is another one that just happened Paul...:)

Starting an Online Business: eBusiness and eCommerce Resources
Thanks!
Old 07-31-2009, 08:19 AM   #33
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,056.53
Yeah, I just got the same one listed above while in IE. Stupid IE.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:44 AM   #34
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo_rose View Post
Yeah, I just got the same one listed above while in IE. Stupid IE.
Thanks. I thought things had gotten better. But I'm going to be switching to a new adserver soon. That will allow me to control things more, hopefully.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:12 AM   #35
AKA...Falling Leaves

Here's another one for you.... :)

In Lcd - FindStuff.com

Old 08-10-2009, 04:06 PM   #36
AKA...Falling Leaves

here is today's redirect....

Ego TV - Blog Your Ego with Howard Hall - "Imax Goes Underwater!"

Sponsored Links