Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By Alexandre Borcic
  • 3 Post By subeeds
  • 2 Post By wardancer
  • 4 Post By wardancer
  • 2 Post By OLChemist

Forum Home - Go Back >   > Feedback and Forum Support i need to know where to post these subjects i need to know where to post these subjects

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2020, 03:13 AM   #1
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Alexandre Borcic is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 195.71
Savings: 0.00
Smile i need to know where to post these subjects

Hi

Let me introduce me shortly

I'm a european born and living in the, so to say, "old continent"

at first

i'm 60, ...when i was 18 i had a vision, (very disturbing experience for a western mind)...i'd like to know where you might suggest me to post to have feedbacks for such experiences

at second

i'd like to suggest a debate about tolerances you natives might have developed in the consumption of sacred plants, (assimilated in western culture as "hallucinogenic drugs",) similarily to the toxicologic tolerance europeans and africans have developed in consuming alcohol

i just underline that apart of cannabinoid products 30 years ago by now, i never consumed one of these hallucinogenic drugs (or assimilated, my culture as you know doesn't concieve a sacred use of them)

Sincerely yours

Alexandre Borcic
wackyfreaky likes this.

Last edited by Alexandre Borcic; 04-05-2020 at 03:16 AM..
Alexandre Borcic is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-09-2020, 02:02 AM   #2
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 45,855.47
Alexandre, you may not realize it, but you are making some very broad generalizations in your post, and doing some stereotyping, also.

Indian Nations are like Europe-there are many nations, each with their own language and beliefs. As far as feedback on your vision, you would get many variations membership here varies. Cheyenne will give different feedback than Apache will, and so on.

As for hallucinogenic drugs, that's where the stereotyping is coming in. Again, many beliefs, many practices, but it is not the norm to use drugs like that. Native Americans have some of the highest rates of addiction of any ethnic group.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-10-2020, 12:01 AM   #3
Pow Wow Visitor

Thumbs up

Well ...please, accept my apologise, let just say that apart from western africa, i never went away from europe at any moments of my life, so these mistakes might be very likely unavoidable,i hope it might change with the time...

"Native Americans have some of the highest rates of addiction of any ethnic group."

...that's too bad, but i'm convinced it the case of has absolutely nothing to do with those included with your numerous sacred practice, but only the recreative use of drugs, including alcohol, that induce addictions

About the vision i had, let say that i had an early feedback when Sky Hawk from the Lakota Nation (sorry,...correct me if needed )that listen to me and has been very surprised when he realized i told him the truth, as far as i could judge, more at things that shown through than from what i said...

let say also that seven years later, i've been categorized as schizoid man and from that date living with an invalid rent,...but i'm still persuaded this is a culture bounded perception, western world usually consider that such visions without object (in frensh "perception sans objets") are ONLY a symptom of a pathology

i had also many feedbacks from western african cultures, if you don't mind i'll tell you what when on...western africa is my only serious experience of a different vision of life and cosmogony, than mine

So please tell me frankly, if you think i'd better not insist in posting in your forums, i'll understand
...against my heart and self-esteem ...but don't worry, i'll understand !

Peace

Alex
Old 04-12-2020, 07:28 PM   #4
Old Dancer

ches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 7,536.87
You might get info on the two branches of the native american church. Their use is not recreational but worshipful.
ches is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-12-2020, 08:52 PM   #5
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 75,406.90
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by ches View Post
You might get info on the two branches of the native american church. Their use is not recreational but worshipful.
Please refrain from commenting on things you know nothing about......please !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-12-2020, 09:00 PM   #6
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
To the O.P. , there are a few subjects that are off limits in this forum ! It creates hard feelings and much discourse when they get discussed.One is our over 500 different tribes belief systems. Some would say religions ! Another is our personal beliefs sometimes generalized as cultural beliefs. Either of these subjects will quickly get out of hand ! Then add in a few things that are never discussed in public and especially to non-natives , then you can see how it could get ugly fast. There are other forums out there that are geared more to what you are seeking.Thanks

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 04-13-2020, 03:25 AM   #7
Pow Wow Visitor

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardancer View Post
There are other forums out there that are geared more to what you are seeking.Thanks
yes you're right, very likely better so...

Would you please, if possible, give me links to these forums you're talking about, then be sure that i won't bother you anymore

Peace

Alex
Old 04-13-2020, 06:28 AM   #8
Old Dancer

ches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 7,536.87
I am sorry. War Dancer. I apologize. I am an idiot.
ches is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-13-2020, 11:05 AM   #9
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandre Borcic View Post
yes you're right, very likely better so...

Would you please, if possible, give me links to these forums you're talking about, then be sure that i won't bother you anymore

Peace

Alex
As I don't associate in those types of forums , I can't help you. Sorry
Someone on here may , but I wouldn't count on it !

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 04-13-2020, 11:19 AM   #10
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
Quote:
Originally Posted by ches View Post
I am sorry. War Dancer. I apologize. I am an idiot.
I don't think of you as an idiot. I think you are ignorant when it comes to native issues.
I think it's good that you are trying to reconnect and learn your tribe's language. That's a start But throwing out the occasional Shawnee word in an English sentence is just retarded ! Anyone that doesn't speak or write Shawnee has no clue what you're saying and probably don't care. I could start spouting off some Cheyenne words , but 1. You wouldn't understand them and 2. You couldn't pronounce them correctly. Then , even if you put the definition out there , if you miss pronounce it then it's not the same meaning !
I know you are an "older" but I don't believe for a minute , that when it comes to native culture , that you are an "Elder".

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 04-13-2020, 02:13 PM   #11
Pow Wow Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardancer View Post
As I don't associate in those types of forums , I can't help you. Sorry
Someone on here may , but I wouldn't count on it !
never mind

thanks for your cordiality whatsoever...

peace

Alex
Old 04-18-2020, 11:35 PM   #12
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 137,123.84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandre Borcic View Post
Hi

Let me introduce me shortly

I'm a european born and living in the, so to say, "old continent"

at first

i'm 60, ...when i was 18 i had a vision, (very disturbing experience for a western mind)...i'd like to know where you might suggest me to post to have feedbacks for such experiences

at second

i'd like to suggest a debate about tolerances you natives might have developed in the consumption of sacred plants, (assimilated in western culture as "hallucinogenic drugs",) similarily to the toxicologic tolerance europeans and africans have developed in consuming alcohol

i just underline that apart of cannabinoid products 30 years ago by now, i never consumed one of these hallucinogenic drugs (or assimilated, my culture as you know doesn't concieve a sacred use of them)

Sincerely yours

Alexandre Borcic
You must have had a european vision. The only part european to have a vision was Ray Levoi and that was almost 30 years ago.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-19-2020, 02:52 PM   #13
Pow Wow Visitor

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
You must have had a european vision. The only part european to have a vision was Ray Levoi and that was almost 30 years ago.
well let just say that i was 18 ears old when it happened in 1977, now i'm 60 years old ...but never mind !

if you ever think it can make sense i can try to describe what i saw, what happened around and what are my own extrapolation about this experience ?

As you wish, i really don't want to impose myself one way or another ...

Peace

Alex

P.S. I saw the movie "thunderheat" from Michael Apted...So this means that Ray Levoi and his visions related in the movie were real ? ...perhaps romanced because it's a hollywood movie, ...but real ?

Last edited by Alexandre Borcic; 04-19-2020 at 03:10 PM..
Old 04-19-2020, 06:28 PM   #14
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 76,441.53
Mr Borcic, you need to understand about Indian humor. There is a little gentle teasing going on.

I was going to sit on my hands but I can't seem to stay seated. So, here I go again. (Regulars pardon the cut and paste job from OLChemist's stock answers.)

First, a little background to help understand the sarcasm and hostility that tends to erupt over these types of inquiries: Modern Native people are the survivors of the end of the world. For 500+ years, Native ways have been attacked, suppressed, punished and damn near erased. Land, language, culture and lives were lost. The survivors buried 50-90% of their tribes. Now, their children are fighting to preserve the remnants, battling the culture vultures who steal pieces of Native religions and lifeways, twist them into grotesque shapes, then sell the battered fragments to make themselves rich. So, not surprisingly many of Native people are weary and sometimes less than patient.

Native intellectual and spiritual traditions do not have their roots in the same soil as those of Europe. The European understandings of intellectual property and cultural patrimony are very different from those of all the Native peoples I know. Our peoples have different modes of sharing and transmission of knowledge. There is some knowledge that cannot be shared with the outsider or the uninitiated without physical and metaphysical consequences. You don't trifle with the sacred or even speak too casually about these things.

Please understand Native spiritual ways have long and deep roots. They are woven into the ethos of our peoples and their traditional land base. They are almost always linked to language and kin. It is nearly impossible to understand these ways, without understanding the language. The symbolic content is intimately intertwined with ethos. Thus, when Hollyweird and the dominant culture try to interpret (or depict) the vision experience, they frame it within their framework, including a bias toward confounding spiritual contact and communication with schizophrenic or drug induced hallucinations.
Joe's Dad and Broken Arrow like this.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links