PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Chicken Dance (http://forums.powwows.com/f71/)
-   -   Chicken Bustles (http://forums.powwows.com/f71/chicken-bustles-59688/)

zaccyboi 01-14-2011 05:45 PM

Chicken Bustles

Hey peeps, im looking for someone to help and show me some tutorials or pic by pic instructions on how to assemble a chicken bustle.. just a basic one, nothing extremely fancy. thanks people!

Iowa_Boy 01-14-2011 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaccyboi (Post 1452730)
Hey peeps, im looking for someone to help and show me some tutorials or pic by pic instructions on how to assemble a chicken bustle.. just a basic one, nothing extremely fancy. thanks people!

So you want to make a chicken bustle?

Buck D. Offt 01-14-2011 08:21 PM

Doesn't your dance team advisor have a hand out on that?

zaccyboi 01-18-2011 08:59 PM

Yea i want to know how to make a bustle. I have all the feathers and dowels. but i don't know how to assemble them. pics would help.

zaccyboi 01-18-2011 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck D. Offt (Post 1452747)
Doesn't your dance team advisor have a hand out on that?

Dance team advisor?.... your way off.

Iowa_Boy 01-18-2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaccyboi (Post 1453152)
Yea i want to know how to make a bustle. I have all the feathers and dowels. but i don't know how to assemble them. pics would help.

so who are you, and why do you want to chicken dance?

iolana1 01-18-2011 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaccyboi (Post 1453152)

hey there zaccyboi,
have you checked out the previous posts here on powwows.com regarding how to make a chicken bustle? i've used these posts here to figure out how to make a chicken bustle for a friend of mine. what type of feathers are you going to use and what type of thread are you going to use? are you going to make a chicken bustle or a messy bustle? i only used a partial dowel rod but only to hold the trailers under the bustle. a friend sent me this website to use as a reference but i just made it the way i think it would look good for him and what he perfered:http://www.nocbay.com/learningcircle...n%20Bustle.pdf

i do hope this helps you out

Buck D. Offt 01-19-2011 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaccyboi (Post 1453153)
Dance team advisor?.... your way off.

way off eh? So that's why your on the internet trying to learn how to do this? To lazy to walk down the street to somone in your community that would have the info? No bustlemakers in your tribe?

wanjica_the_one 01-19-2011 12:03 PM

What can you expect when you have these non blackfoot tribes trying to go to the internet for help. or if zaccyboi is from the blackfoot people, he isn't trying hard enough.

ndnsooner 01-19-2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iolana1 (Post 1453160)
hey there zaccyboi,
have you checked out the previous posts here on powwows.com regarding how to make a chicken bustle? i've used these posts here to figure out how to make a chicken bustle for a friend of mine. what type of feathers are you going to use and what type of thread are you going to use? are you going to make a chicken bustle or a messy bustle? i only used a partial dowel rod but only to hold the trailers under the bustle. a friend sent me this website to use as a reference but i just made it the way i think it would look good for him and what he perfered:http://www.nocbay.com/learningcircle...n%20Bustle.pdf

i do hope this helps you out

Well sheeeeet.... That's a pretty good reference there iolana1.... lol

Instead of using the stuff they call Eskatuff, i use those ultra thin cutting boards you can find at wal-mart and cut those into thin strips. Then i use hockey tape instead of yarn to wrap the feathers. lol

Buck D. Offt 01-19-2011 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndnsooner (Post 1453216)
Well sheeeeet.... That's a pretty good reference there iolana1.... lol

My dance team advisor Mark has a big book with all those in it. He won't let us look at it though.

zaccyboi 01-19-2011 01:45 PM

jam.. didn't think there would be a bunch of haters out here, hating on someone who is willing to learn! but guess there are always those kind of people who run their mouth before they thing about what they say. I'm willing to learn from who ever is going to teach me. who cares what tribe im from, instead of being ignorant and conceded EDUCATE THE PEOPLE!

zaccyboi 01-19-2011 01:47 PM

Thanks everyone else for the helpful tips and great resources! I'm the type of person who'd rather learn to make my own regalia, which i do, than pay for someone else to do it. Thanks for the help!

zaccyboi 01-19-2011 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowa_Boy (Post 1453159)
so who are you, and why do you want to chicken dance?

I am a chicken dancer, i've been dancing chicken for years.. I want to learn how to make my own bustle rather than pay people to do the work for me.

Buck D. Offt 01-19-2011 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaccyboi (Post 1453224)
jam.. didn't think there would be a bunch of haters out here, hating on someone who is willing to learn! but guess there are always those kind of people who run their mouth before they thing about what they say. I'm willing to learn from who ever is going to teach me. who cares what tribe im from, instead of being ignorant and conceded EDUCATE THE PEOPLE!

And there are people willing to teach....... Its pretty standard here not to answer peoples questions right away, to see what they are like, how they act. People even give them the run around to see if they are serious.

And people do care who you are and what you are doing.

ndnsooner 01-24-2011 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott9191 (Post 1454298)
I have been working hard on all my chicken stuff , I want to get it rite . I have been busy tho with making southern drum sticks.

just keep it up and it will get finished.

Buck D. Offt 01-24-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndnsooner (Post 1454316)
just keep it up and it will get finished.

My dance team advisor Mark tells me to do a little each day, even if its just a tiny bit, but it all adds up and then you are done. I've been working on my chicken stuff this morning while chatting with my friend Chris on facebook. Its makes the time go faster. Dixie is coming up quick!

Joe's Dad 11-29-2011 07:21 AM

Moderator!!!

ndnsooner 11-29-2011 01:23 PM

Huh????

Joe's Dad 02-11-2012 08:18 AM

On powwows.com, when you try to sneak in advertisements, your A$$ gets banned. It's the law of the land.

When she gets here, you're gone!