PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Ask PowWows.com (http://forums.powwows.com/f73/)
-   -   Can white people dance at powwows? (http://forums.powwows.com/f73/can-white-people-dance-powwows-69088/)

DeafElderWoman 10-17-2015 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jack2011 (Post 1620736)
Yes (at least, at some powwows).
I have seen (100 %) white, blonde-blue eyed whites..... (100%) Black (born in Trinidad, not 1 drop of NDN blood in him) dance at the Six Nations Pow Wow. Not during the Inter-tribal, but in full regalia during competition.

Yes.
The practice should be outlawed. Why invite whites and othe non-NDN's to to sully the circle.
In fact, why allow whites and others to attend Pow Wows at all.
Pow Wows = for NDN's only. Stamp out Wannabes (these can go to Germany for their Pow Wows).
:omg_smile

Well, we can not tell them not to dance at powwow grounds. It is suppose to be everyone who want to dance in their regalia to dance either in traditional or competition contest. I guess it will be up to the head of the powwow if the white or black person is fit to dance with the regalia.

If he dress differently which is not traditional regalia, then he need to be excused from dancing. I don't know. We seem to never reject them for who they are being non-natives or natives to dance whatever they want to dance as a Wannabee.

I don't approve of German people wanting to dress up in their regalia which might not be traditional. They have different idea of how they want to dress in regalia in their own powwow in Germany. I was amused at the way they tried to be Indians like us. This is all fantasy in their dream world. :sad_smile

milehighsalute 01-18-2016 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeafElderWoman (Post 1621859)
Well, we can not tell them not to dance at powwow grounds. It is suppose to be everyone who want to dance in their regalia to dance either in traditional or competition contest. I guess it will be up to the head of the powwow if the white or black person is fit to dance with the regalia.

If he dress differently which is not traditional regalia, then he need to be excused from dancing. I don't know. We seem to never reject them for who they are being non-natives or natives to dance whatever they want to dance as a Wannabee.

I don't approve of German people wanting to dress up in their regalia which might not be traditional. They have different idea of how they want to dress in regalia in their own powwow in Germany. I was amused at the way they tried to be Indians like us. This is all fantasy in their dream world. :sad_smile

if they wanna be ndn so bad they should go down to the rez for ditch cleaning day or spend a winter chopping wood and pooping in outhouses.......

then again those crazy germans might even like it