Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By OLChemist
  • 1 Post By AmigoKumeyaay
  • 2 Post By subeeds

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Ask PowWows.com Half Native wanting to become more spiritual Half Native wanting to become more spiritual

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-14-2019, 09:09 PM   #1
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Crocodile is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 116.01
Savings: 0.00
Post Half Native wanting to become more spiritual

hi everyone, I just had a few questions about being Native. But just a quick back story about me. So, I'm 19 and my dad is fully Native and my mom is Mixed with Portuguese and Black. Both of them are spiritual aware my dad more then my mom. Also their divorced so when i went to spend the weekends at my dad's house he would always try to educate me about our history. He would also talk about spirits and not to be afraid of them but my mom was the total opposite she was scared of thing she couldn't see. So, when I at my dad's house one day I was washing the dishes and I felt like someone was behind me but I didn't pay it any mind. A few seconds later I heard a little girl whisper in my ear after that I freaked out and ran out of the kitchen to my dad. He brought me back in the kitchen and told me to tell the spirit "I can't help you and please leave me alone!". My dad then told me if I wanted to I could basically repress my gift if I wanted to or something along that line. So I did I hadn't heard, seen or felt a ghost or anything since. But when my dad left for Canada and I started high school I was getting a shower and something started banging on the shower door. I screamed and ran out the shower with just the towel barely on me (I know I'm a mess). The scary part was it was just me and mom home that night and she was in the living room watching the news. She didn't get up not once since I was in the shower and she didn't even hear the banging and my mom hears everything like everything. Anyway after that a lot of creepy stuff happened but I did't see much besides a man. So after my mom, nanny and nephew encounter the thing in the house my mom called a pastor to get rid of it. The pastor or I think he was a cannon I don't know how it's spelled. But he said there is something in this room a portal that he has to close but their something like an object that isn't yours but was given to you and you have to find it and get rid of it. I had just came in from the living didn't know what they were looking for but I found it. It was a green stone that a Shaman had given her. After that everything in my house has been fine.

Before thing all took place I was on a trip in NYC with my mom when i made eye contact with this lady sitting on a rug with cards talking to a customer. I didn't pay her any mind and continued on my day when i came back to catch the subway I saw no one was there. So i begun talking with her she said she's a fortune teller and what did I want know. SHe listed what she does so I picked Tarot Cards. This led to her telling me that I'm a feminine spirit which I kind of knew, I should wear white more, I was very clairvoyant and some other stuff. But the clairvoyant part stuck out as my nanny said from before I was born she had a vision of how spiritually in tuned I could be. Also when I was younger I would talk with my mom's dead mother and the ghost in both houses. So what she was saying made sense I told my dad over FB and he was upset because the lady could've attached something to us when we were with her. Which probable explains all the ghost in the house.

But anyway my questions now. So, I wanted to know could I "reactivate" my gift to be more clairvoyant. I asked my nanny she said yes but a lot of other stuff comes along with the gift like taking the good with the bad. She explain it like once you expect the gift it's as if you ring the bell for the dinner table everything is going to come. But I wanted to learn how to control it. Also is it even possible to "reactivate" it again. I wanted to also know about spirit guides and astral-projection. I know this was a lot to read and there are a lot of spelling errors but so is life lol.
Crocodile is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-15-2019, 12:32 AM   #2
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 69,201.02
Please be aware this particular forum is moderated. Posts have to be approved before appearing.
alumphfres, solitare and moloticia like this.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-15-2019, 08:16 AM   #3
On The Rocks

Items ElephantTreasure ChestPresentPresent
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 99,523.66
Savings: 1.00
Hi everybody!!!!!
windanncer likes this.
AmigoKumeyaay is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-18-2019, 04:52 AM   #4
Champion Dancer

Items Tree
solitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond repute
solitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 28,558.73
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
Please be aware this particular forum is moderated. Posts have to be approved before appearing.
Good call !
solitare is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-18-2019, 11:03 AM   #5
Old Dancer

ches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond reputeches has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,617.20
Hi amigikoomeyaay
ches is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-20-2019, 02:47 AM   #6
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 43,504.78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
hi everyone, I just had a few questions about being Native. But just a quick back story about me. So, I'm 19 and my dad is fully Native and my mom is Mixed with Portuguese and Black. Both of them are spiritual aware my dad more then my mom. Also their divorced so when i went to spend the weekends at my dad's house he would always try to educate me about our history. He would also talk about spirits and not to be afraid of them but my mom was the total opposite she was scared of thing she couldn't see. So, when I at my dad's house one day I was washing the dishes and I felt like someone was behind me but I didn't pay it any mind. A few seconds later I heard a little girl whisper in my ear after that I freaked out and ran out of the kitchen to my dad. He brought me back in the kitchen and told me to tell the spirit "I can't help you and please leave me alone!". My dad then told me if I wanted to I could basically repress my gift if I wanted to or something along that line. So I did I hadn't heard, seen or felt a ghost or anything since. But when my dad left for Canada and I started high school I was getting a shower and something started banging on the shower door. I screamed and ran out the shower with just the towel barely on me (I know I'm a mess). The scary part was it was just me and mom home that night and she was in the living room watching the news. She didn't get up not once since I was in the shower and she didn't even hear the banging and my mom hears everything like everything. Anyway after that a lot of creepy stuff happened but I did't see much besides a man. So after my mom, nanny and nephew encounter the thing in the house my mom called a pastor to get rid of it. The pastor or I think he was a cannon I don't know how it's spelled. But he said there is something in this room a portal that he has to close but their something like an object that isn't yours but was given to you and you have to find it and get rid of it. I had just came in from the living didn't know what they were looking for but I found it. It was a green stone that a Shaman had given her. After that everything in my house has been fine.

Before thing all took place I was on a trip in NYC with my mom when i made eye contact with this lady sitting on a rug with cards talking to a customer. I didn't pay her any mind and continued on my day when i came back to catch the subway I saw no one was there. So i begun talking with her she said she's a fortune teller and what did I want know. SHe listed what she does so I picked Tarot Cards. This led to her telling me that I'm a feminine spirit which I kind of knew, I should wear white more, I was very clairvoyant and some other stuff. But the clairvoyant part stuck out as my nanny said from before I was born she had a vision of how spiritually in tuned I could be. Also when I was younger I would talk with my mom's dead mother and the ghost in both houses. So what she was saying made sense I told my dad over FB and he was upset because the lady could've attached something to us when we were with her. Which probable explains all the ghost in the house.

But anyway my questions now. So, I wanted to know could I "reactivate" my gift to be more clairvoyant. I asked my nanny she said yes but a lot of other stuff comes along with the gift like taking the good with the bad. She explain it like once you expect the gift it's as if you ring the bell for the dinner table everything is going to come. But I wanted to learn how to control it. Also is it even possible to "reactivate" it again. I wanted to also know about spirit guides and astral-projection. I know this was a lot to read and there are a lot of spelling errors but so is life lol.
You say your Dad is native. This is who you need to be asking. You don't say where his blood comes from-Cheyenne, Crow, Navajo, etc.. Beliefs in what you ask are as varied as the number of Indian Nations. A lot of the things you ask are deeply personal, and you probably won't find the answers you seek here.
alumphfres and windanncer like this.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-20-2019, 06:43 PM   #7
Signal Corps

Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 15,026.83
Smile, ask your father and his relatives or kin you know. Do some family research and you hopefully find what you are seeking.
Broken Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-25-2019, 01:04 PM   #8
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 127,514.31
Savings: 1.00
Hey AK, I was watching one of your videos even last night.
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-28-2019, 03:59 AM   #9
Pow Wow Visitor

markrogers406 is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 105.00
hello

i am mark rogers
i am new here
just created my account
Old 07-04-2019, 07:39 AM   #10
Pow Wow Visitor

moloticia is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 106.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post

Many people are searching for a deeper spiritual engagement with the world, and feel a hunger unmet by the teachings and services of traditional religious institutions. Some have begun to take an interest in Native American spiritual practices, and one can easily find workshops and lectures offering Indian rituals and ceremonies to non-Indian people. However, many Native people, including highly respected religious elders, have condemned such “borrowing.” They identify it as a form of cultural exploitation, gravely detrimental to the survival and well-being of Indigenous people.

In this paper, I will be discussing the ethical questions raised by White peoples’ exploration of the religious ceremonies and beliefs of American Indians. What is at work here which makes sincere spiritual searching an act of cultural theft? Why are Native peoples endangered by this interest in their beliefs and rituals? How can we respect the cultural integrity of Indian people, and yet also honor deep-felt spiritual desires?
moloticia is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-05-2019, 02:06 AM   #11
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 43,504.78
Quote:
Originally Posted by moloticia View Post
Many people are searching for a deeper spiritual engagement with the world, and feel a hunger unmet by the teachings and services of traditional religious institutions. Some have begun to take an interest in Native American spiritual practices, and one can easily find workshops and lectures offering Indian rituals and ceremonies to non-Indian people. However, many Native people, including highly respected religious elders, have condemned such “borrowing.” They identify it as a form of cultural exploitation, gravely detrimental to the survival and well-being of Indigenous people.

In this paper, I will be discussing the ethical questions raised by White peoples’ exploration of the religious ceremonies and beliefs of American Indians. What is at work here which makes sincere spiritual searching an act of cultural theft? Why are Native peoples endangered by this interest in their beliefs and rituals? How can we respect the cultural integrity of Indian people, and yet also honor deep-felt spiritual desires?
Who is to say what is done in sincerity and what isn't? It's cultural theft because 99.9% of people will corrupt what they learn and a good percentage of them will go on to profit by that corruption. Case in point, google James Ray. He took a sweat lodge ceremony, corrupted it in order to make BIG bucks from wannabes, and ended up killing three people. He's just one of many.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-05-2019, 06:19 AM   #12
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 69,201.02
Quote:
Originally Posted by moloticia View Post
Many people are searching for a deeper spiritual engagement with the world...
This material is taken from the intro to a copyrighted essay posted at:

Finding your way home blog

Not sure what's up with that.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links