Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By OLChemist

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Ask PowWows.com help with two dreams help with two dreams

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2018, 03:08 AM   #1
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Telyn is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 176.03
Savings: 0.00
help with two dreams

hi everyone. i am hoping someone can help! sadly my grandmother passed years ago so i can't go to her to ask. so last week in my dream i was being attacked, by who or what i have no idea, but my spirit animal protected me. that's my first question. i have no idea what it is. at first i thought it was a bear. it's a plain dark brown, it's ears are small and round, it's head is huge and it's paws are massive with retractable claws. but the more i reflect on it, it feels like a feline. i've tried finding what it could be online without luck. so if it sounds familiar to you please let me know what you think it is. and my second dream happened two or three nights later. me and my 'protector' were going to the defense of a white bear, not a polar bear, a white grizzly is what it felt like. but my 'protector' was right beside me, tho i couldn't see it only a glimpse of that chocolate brown fur. so does anyone know what that dream means? i maybe think i'm not 'ready' to truly meet it yet but i would at least like to get an idea of the kind of being it is. maybe studying the animal and what it represents is what i have to find within myself. i just have no idea WHAT to study.
Telyn is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-05-2018, 10:45 AM   #2
Old Dancer

ches is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 1,668.36
In both your dreams, there was danger. Is there any turmoil in your life or the lives of brothers and sisters?
ches is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-05-2018, 11:28 AM   #3
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 59,482.64
Welcome to powwows.com. We are a forum for the discussion of many aspects of the powwow and associated art forms. We are not a discussion board for the spirituality, religion or the like.

Please understand in most Native cultures, the spiritual is treated with profound respect. Among most peoples, this respect manifests itself in a need to know approach to spiritual teachings. After all, when misused the sacred can be dangerous. Thus, information may not be freely shared to those who are of a differing gender, are from different tribes or families, are not initiates into a certain religious order, etc. This is not done out of spite or racism, but to act in accord with the original instructions given by the Powers. Thus silence is in many Native cultures the proper response to questions that should not asked in a particular venue or addressed to a particular individual. This is done to avoid shaming the questioner.

Further, I would caution that to seek such answers in an anonymous forum where anyone may answer, regardless of motive or qualification, is to open oneself to harm. There are predators who prey upon unwary spiritual seekers.

Last edited by OLChemist; 10-05-2018 at 11:30 AM..
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-05-2018, 04:24 PM   #4
Pow Wow Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ches View Post
In both your dreams, there was danger. Is there any turmoil in your life or the lives of brothers and sisters?
Actually now that i think about it in correlation to recent events that does make a lot of sense. Thank you.
Old 10-05-2018, 04:34 PM   #5
Pow Wow Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
Welcome to powwows.com. We are a forum for the discussion of many aspects of the powwow and associated art forms. We are not a discussion board for the spirituality, religion or the like.

Please understand in most Native cultures, the spiritual is treated with profound respect. Among most peoples, this respect manifests itself in a need to know approach to spiritual teachings. After all, when misused the sacred can be dangerous. Thus, information may not be freely shared to those who are of a differing gender, are from different tribes or families, are not initiates into a certain religious order, etc. This is not done out of spite or racism, but to act in accord with the original instructions given by the Powers. Thus silence is in many Native cultures the proper response to questions that should not asked in a particular venue or addressed to a particular individual. This is done to avoid shaming the questioner.

Further, I would caution that to seek such answers in an anonymous forum where anyone may answer, regardless of motive or qualification, is to open oneself to harm. There are predators who prey upon unwary spiritual seekers.
I truly meant no disrespect, i just didn't know where else to turn to. My grandmother was the only native american i knew but she is gone now. I was mostly asking if anyone knew what kind of animal my protector is. The dream with the bear though just kinda unnerved me, but as Ches pointed out it could be just turmoil i'm going through. Again sorry about that.
Sponsored Links