Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree13Likes
  • 6 Post By OLChemist
  • 5 Post By Josiah
  • 2 Post By solitare

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Ask PowWows.com How do natives feel about the real estate business? How do natives feel about the real estate business?

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-18-2017, 08:18 PM   #1
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
non-native is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 118.00
Savings: 0.00
How do natives feel about the real estate business?

Hello,

I have searched everywhere online for the answer to this question and haven't found a forum yet discussing it, so I stumbled upon this website in the hope that I could get some answers.

I am looking to get into real estate meaning buying land at a low price from a current owner then reselling it at a higher price, but I know the land we live on here in America was stolen from the natives with many people being killed, their culture stripped away, and their languages banned. This is a horrible part of US history that I know is true.

Is there some way I could buy land with the blessing of the tribe that used to live there? Or how do regular natives and native chiefs feel about people having ownership of land that was once free for everyone to use?

What sparks this is a video I just saw about how Mark Zuckerberg sued native Hawaiians and took their land away. I was very sad to see this still happening.

I would really appreciate your insights.

Thank You,
non-native
non-native is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-19-2017, 12:09 AM   #2
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 47,192.08
Welcome to powwows.com.

With all due respect, this seems an odd question. I have to ask: are you serious?

After all, how would you feel if the land given to you by the Creator was taken -- in the case of my people by means which the US Court of Claims in 1979 described with the phrase: “a more ripe and rank case of dishonorable dealing will never, in all probability, be found in our history.” Then someone wanted to know if you could bless them skimming profits off the sale of your stolen property.

Last edited by OLChemist; 07-19-2017 at 03:30 PM.. Reason: Poor sentence structure.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-19-2017, 09:03 AM   #3
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 36,494.41
Savings: 1.00
Perhaps the darkest days in the History of our Country when the Dawes Commission set up shop in Indian Territory and divided up the land, then the vultures swooped in and stole the land as Land Speculators, The Land runs to seize as much land as possible in one day.
Today we see all the resources being sucked out of the land then injecting poison into to it to get more oil out causing the Earth to shake in an area that has never seen this kind of activity!
And you ask how do we feel?

Overwhelming Sadness...
Old 07-19-2017, 05:00 PM   #4
Champion Dancer

Items Tree
solitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond repute
solitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 22,467.86
Quote:
Originally Posted by non-native View Post
Hello,

I have searched everywhere online for the answer to this question and haven't found a forum yet discussing it, so I stumbled upon this website in the hope that I could get some answers.

I am looking to get into real estate meaning buying land at a low price from a current owner then reselling it at a higher price, but I know the land we live on here in America was stolen from the natives with many people being killed, their culture stripped away, and their languages banned. This is a horrible part of US history that I know is true.

Is there some way I could buy land with the blessing of the tribe that used to live there? Or how do regular natives and native chiefs feel about people having ownership of land that was once free for everyone to use?

What sparks this is a video I just saw about how Mark Zuckerberg sued native Hawaiians and took their land away. I was very sad to see this still happening.

I would really appreciate your insights.

Thank You,
non-native
I am confused. You say it was sad to see Mark Zuckerberg suing native Hawaiians and took their land. But only after asking if you can be blessed by a tribe to buy what you know is their land? Did I get this right?
solitare is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links