PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture (http://forums.powwows.com/)
-   Ask PowWows.com (http://forums.powwows.com/f73/)
-   -   Moderator's Den of Inequity (http://forums.powwows.com/f73/moderator-s-den-inequity-67332/)

Joe's Dad 03-21-2013 12:54 PM

Moderator's Den of Inequity

So one one my pet peeves on this site is people making an account to post some website for their profit. They will post some halllucigenic response that will include a link to another website in a thread. Thus, free advertising.

In a matter of fairness, if you come across these less than reputable people (not the moderators, although this applies to a couple of them. LOL), post their link here and let the cowboys n cowgirls in white hats deal with them!!!

muskrat_skull 03-21-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe's Dad (Post 1562714)
So one one my pet peeves on this site is people making an account to post some website for their profit. They will post some halllucigenic response that will include a link to another website in a thread. Thus, free advertising.

In a matter of fairness, if you come across these less than reputable people (not the moderators, although this applies to a couple of them. LOL), post their link here and let the cowboys n cowgirls in white hats deal with them!!!

Wow, is that it? I thought this was gonna be something really good, like one of those old sixties horror movies in the castle with the dungeon. Geez. I like the title though!

Toolbox 03-21-2013 09:24 PM

It's a very touchy topic with a massive gray area. When a website has something to do with ndn stuff we sometimes allow it to go through and sometimes not and sometimes they just fall through the cracks by posting a few normal postings then once the forum software gets to know them they get OK'd to post stuff without suspicion of being a spammer so they then create a new thread with a link and then we have to delete and ban.

Joe's Dad 03-22-2013 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muskrat_skull (Post 1562829)
Wow, is that it? I thought this was gonna be something really good, like one of those old sixties horror movies in the castle with the dungeon. Geez. I like the title though!

An even more better title would be 'Men of Inequity'.

This is me ---->:angel:

Joe's Dad 03-22-2013 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toolbox (Post 1562833)
It's a very touchy topic with a massive gray area. When a website has something to do with ndn stuff we sometimes allow it to go through and sometimes not and sometimes they just fall through the cracks by posting a few normal postings then once the forum software gets to know them they get OK'd to post stuff without suspicion of being a spammer so they then create a new thread with a link and then we have to delete and ban.

Dude, when the ad says 'Get your sex toy here', there is no gray area.

Some of who have been here a close or more than a decade can smell a spam more than a website away. LOL Just thought it would make life easier for the moderators if the 'alleged' spammers were corralled into one place and the moderators who had sharp knives and weren't afraid to use them could cut the spammer's lifeline and get them out of here.

Joe's Dad 03-22-2013 09:57 AM

I use a public defender...or yaahl. LOL

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture - View Profile: lenyneville90

Bailiff, clear the courtroom!

Toolbox 03-22-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe's Dad (Post 1562852)
Dude, when the ad says 'Get your sex toy here', there is no gray area.

Some of who have been here a close or more than a decade can smell a spam more than a website away. LOL Just thought it would make life easier for the moderators if the 'alleged' spammers were corralled into one place and the moderators who had sharp knives and weren't afraid to use them could cut the spammer's lifeline and get them out of here.

Well that one is something that fell through the cracks, that or else LBGOOD just advertised his new business venture. :idiot:

That is why the forum has a report button. We don't have the resources to continually scan through every post. What you are not able to see is that we have an entire moderator and admin control panel. When a spammer posts something that the software can catch it puts them in a queue which shows the content of their posts and where they posted and their I.P. address. From there we can approve or delete the post as well as ban the user. The same thing applies to people who post in moderated threads like those in the "Ask Powwows.com" section. So they are corralled and we do a lot of deleting and banning but again some do manage to trick the software and get through and spam the boards.

Grits & Beans 03-22-2013 01:05 PM

i say ban toolbox from posting here with all that dork talk. that's worse than spam haha

docat 03-22-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toolbox (Post 1562889)
Well that one is something that fell through the cracks, that or else LBGOOD just advertised his new business venture. :idiot:

Oh my, @lbgood is advertising on powwows?

Joe's Dad 03-24-2013 11:03 AM

Off with their...u know!

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture - View Profile: pakistan786

Joe's Dad 03-24-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grits & Beans (Post 1562908)
i say ban toolbox from posting here with all that dork talk. that's worse than spam haha

Ennit! :rofl:

wardancer 03-24-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe's Dad (Post 1563203)

What , you don't like Pakistan ???:idiot:

lbgood 03-24-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toolbox (Post 1562889)
Well that one is something that fell through the cracks, I just advertise my new business venture 3D XXX Videos. :idiot:

ToolBox we all know what fell through your crack:eek::tongue:

Quote:

Originally Posted by docat (Post 1557710)

Oh, yeah, Toolbox was really fond of that guy.

docat 03-24-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbgood (Post 1563239)
ToolBox we all know what fell through your crack:eek::tongue:

What happened to that pic @muskrat_skull had of the doc? That was pretty funny.

Toolbox 03-24-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by docat (Post 1563243)

The picture was funny BUUUUUT unfortunately it doesn't belong in this section. I did allow the lighter jokes to remain. This is the "Ask Powwows.com" section which is a heavily moderated section that intended for the drive-by questioners who may be trying to gather information for a school project or report or some general information - or people who otherwise will never participate as a regular. As such we would like to try to keep this section a bit cleaner than the other sections. Also so when people ask questions they don't get dog piled on with humor they may not understand as well as preventing them from being slammed with mean and or crass comments.

docat 03-24-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toolbox (Post 1563250)
The picture was funny BUUUUUT unfortunately it doesn't belong in this section.

Oh yes, you are correct. The title of the thread made me forget where it was. LOL

lbgood 03-25-2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by docat (Post 1563243)

I know right, ToolBox edited it out, I guess he can dish it out but can't take the heat - sounds like abuse of authority (moderator) :tongue: Becuase he wouldn't be able to do that without being a mod.

lbgood 03-25-2013 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toolbox (Post 1563250)
The picture was funny BUUUUUT unfortunately it doesn't belong in this section. I did allow the lighter jokes to remain. This is the "Ask Powwows.com" section which is a heavily moderated section that intended for the drive-by questioners who may be trying to gather information for a school project or report or some general information - or people who otherwise will never participate as a regular. As such we would like to try to keep this section a bit cleaner than the other sections. Also so when people ask questions they don't get dog piled on with humor they may not understand as well as preventing them from being slammed with mean and or crass comments.

Yeah wutever, so as long as if fits your agenda it appears.

muskrat_skull 03-25-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbgood (Post 1563253)
I know right, ToolBox edited it out, I guess he can dish it out but can't take the heat - sounds like abuse of authority (moderator) :tongue: Becuase he wouldn't be able to do that without being a mod.

@Toolbox didn't delete it, I was tired of having perverted pix in my Powwows photos!!! I will put it back up if someone tells me how to do it in a way I don't have to keep it on powwows 4-eva!! You should have seen all that I had from the princess stuff. I will even redirect the links.

But don't blame Toolbox, it was me. I thought I could get rid of the stuff during the migration. some of @Zeke 's stuff got "lost" too! @lbgood tell me how to do it outside of powwows, can I embed it or do I need to get a photobucket account for it?

docat 03-25-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muskrat_skull (Post 1563334)
@Toolbox didn't delete it, I was tired of having perverted pix in my Powwows photos!!! I will put it back up if someone tells me how to do it in a way I don't have to keep it on powwows 4-eva!! You should have seen all that I had from the princess stuff. I will even redirect the links.

But don't blame Toolbox, it was me. I thought I could get rid of the stuff during the migration. some of @Zeke 's stuff got "lost" too! @lbgood tell me how to do it outside of powwows, can I embed it or do I need to get a photobucket account for it?

But it was more fun to blame Toolbox. Besides lbgood moved it to the "anything" thread in Chit Chat. You can see it in all its glory.