Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree361Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Ask PowWows.com Moderator's Den of Inequity Moderator's Den of Inequity

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 01:54 PM   #1
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 65,041.46
Savings: 1.00
Moderator's Den of Inequity

So one one my pet peeves on this site is people making an account to post some website for their profit. They will post some halllucigenic response that will include a link to another website in a thread. Thus, free advertising.

In a matter of fairness, if you come across these less than reputable people (not the moderators, although this applies to a couple of them. LOL), post their link here and let the cowboys n cowgirls in white hats deal with them!!!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-21-2013, 09:27 PM   #2
Senior Dancer

Items DollCatTreasure ChestDevil
muskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond repute
muskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 18,598.94
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
So one one my pet peeves on this site is people making an account to post some website for their profit. They will post some halllucigenic response that will include a link to another website in a thread. Thus, free advertising.

In a matter of fairness, if you come across these less than reputable people (not the moderators, although this applies to a couple of them. LOL), post their link here and let the cowboys n cowgirls in white hats deal with them!!!
Wow, is that it? I thought this was gonna be something really good, like one of those old sixties horror movies in the castle with the dungeon. Geez. I like the title though!
muskrat_skull is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-21-2013, 10:24 PM   #3
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 47,045.32
It's a very touchy topic with a massive gray area. When a website has something to do with ndn stuff we sometimes allow it to go through and sometimes not and sometimes they just fall through the cracks by posting a few normal postings then once the forum software gets to know them they get OK'd to post stuff without suspicion of being a spammer so they then create a new thread with a link and then we have to delete and ban.
windanncer and muskrat_skull like this.

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-22-2013, 01:15 AM   #4
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by muskrat_skull View Post
Wow, is that it? I thought this was gonna be something really good, like one of those old sixties horror movies in the castle with the dungeon. Geez. I like the title though!
An even more better title would be 'Men of Inequity'.

This is me ---->

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 03-22-2013, 01:21 AM   #5
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolbox View Post
It's a very touchy topic with a massive gray area. When a website has something to do with ndn stuff we sometimes allow it to go through and sometimes not and sometimes they just fall through the cracks by posting a few normal postings then once the forum software gets to know them they get OK'd to post stuff without suspicion of being a spammer so they then create a new thread with a link and then we have to delete and ban.
Dude, when the ad says 'Get your sex toy here', there is no gray area.

Some of who have been here a close or more than a decade can smell a spam more than a website away. LOL Just thought it would make life easier for the moderators if the 'alleged' spammers were corralled into one place and the moderators who had sharp knives and weren't afraid to use them could cut the spammer's lifeline and get them out of here.

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 03-22-2013, 10:57 AM   #6
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
I use a public defender...or yaahl. LOL

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture - View Profile: lenyneville90

Bailiff, clear the courtroom!
windanncer likes this.

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 03-22-2013, 11:14 AM   #7
I pull your leg out!

Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Dude, when the ad says 'Get your sex toy here', there is no gray area.

Some of who have been here a close or more than a decade can smell a spam more than a website away. LOL Just thought it would make life easier for the moderators if the 'alleged' spammers were corralled into one place and the moderators who had sharp knives and weren't afraid to use them could cut the spammer's lifeline and get them out of here.
Well that one is something that fell through the cracks, that or else LBGOOD just advertised his new business venture.

That is why the forum has a report button. We don't have the resources to continually scan through every post. What you are not able to see is that we have an entire moderator and admin control panel. When a spammer posts something that the software can catch it puts them in a queue which shows the content of their posts and where they posted and their I.P. address. From there we can approve or delete the post as well as ban the user. The same thing applies to people who post in moderated threads like those in the "Ask Powwows.com" section. So they are corralled and we do a lot of deleting and banning but again some do manage to trick the software and get through and spam the boards.

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Old 03-22-2013, 02:05 PM   #8
Y U No HaHaHa?

Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 9,569.28
i say ban toolbox from posting here with all that dork talk. that's worse than spam haha
windanncer and CrimsonHalo like this.
Grits & Beans is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-22-2013, 08:47 PM   #9
Pronounced like "docket"

Items Rainbow$CakeTreasure Chest
docat has a reputation beyond repute
docat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 7,375.82
Quote:
Well that one is something that fell through the cracks, that or else LBGOOD just advertised his new business venture.

Oh my, @lbgood is advertising on powwows?
windanncer likes this.
docat is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-24-2013, 12:03 PM   #10
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Off with their...u know!

PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture - View Profile: pakistan786
windanncer likes this.

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 03-24-2013, 12:06 PM   #11
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits & Beans View Post
i say ban toolbox from posting here with all that dork talk. that's worse than spam haha
Ennit!
windanncer likes this.

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 03-24-2013, 06:25 PM   #12
Me & Eyes r doin' goot !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 18,630.50
Quote:
What , you don't like Pakistan ???
windanncer likes this.

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-24-2013, 08:13 PM   #13
LBGOOD2U

Items DevilPresentPresent
lbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond repute
lbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 4,332.24
Quote:
Well that one is something that fell through the cracks, I just advertise my new business venture 3D XXX Videos.
ToolBox we all know what fell through your crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by docat View Post

Oh, yeah, Toolbox was really fond of that guy.
windanncer likes this.

Last edited by Toolbox; 03-24-2013 at 10:21 PM.. Reason: Somethings belong in the 49... LOL
lbgood is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-24-2013, 11:25 PM   #14
Pronounced like "docket"

docat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond reputedocat has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgood View Post
ToolBox we all know what fell through your crack

What happened to that pic @muskrat_skull had of the doc? That was pretty funny.
windanncer likes this.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:38 AM   #15
I pull your leg out!

Quote:

The picture was funny BUUUUUT unfortunately it doesn't belong in this section. I did allow the lighter jokes to remain. This is the "Ask Powwows.com" section which is a heavily moderated section that intended for the drive-by questioners who may be trying to gather information for a school project or report or some general information - or people who otherwise will never participate as a regular. As such we would like to try to keep this section a bit cleaner than the other sections. Also so when people ask questions they don't get dog piled on with humor they may not understand as well as preventing them from being slammed with mean and or crass comments.
Eagle Plumes, windanncer and docat like this.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:48 AM   #16
Pronounced like "docket"

Quote:
The picture was funny BUUUUUT unfortunately it doesn't belong in this section.
Oh yes, you are correct. The title of the thread made me forget where it was. LOL
windanncer likes this.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:12 AM   #17
LBGOOD2U

lbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond repute
lbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

I know right, ToolBox edited it out, I guess he can dish it out but can't take the heat - sounds like abuse of authority (moderator) Becuase he wouldn't be able to do that without being a mod.
windanncer and docat like this.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:24 AM   #18
LBGOOD2U

Quote:
The picture was funny BUUUUUT unfortunately it doesn't belong in this section. I did allow the lighter jokes to remain. This is the "Ask Powwows.com" section which is a heavily moderated section that intended for the drive-by questioners who may be trying to gather information for a school project or report or some general information - or people who otherwise will never participate as a regular. As such we would like to try to keep this section a bit cleaner than the other sections. Also so when people ask questions they don't get dog piled on with humor they may not understand as well as preventing them from being slammed with mean and or crass comments.
Yeah wutever, so as long as if fits your agenda it appears.
windanncer and docat like this.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:35 PM   #19
Senior Dancer

Items DollCatTreasure ChestDevil
muskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond repute
muskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond reputemuskrat_skull has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 18,598.94
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgood View Post
I know right, ToolBox edited it out, I guess he can dish it out but can't take the heat - sounds like abuse of authority (moderator) Becuase he wouldn't be able to do that without being a mod.
@Toolbox didn't delete it, I was tired of having perverted pix in my Powwows photos!!! I will put it back up if someone tells me how to do it in a way I don't have to keep it on powwows 4-eva!! You should have seen all that I had from the princess stuff. I will even redirect the links.

But don't blame Toolbox, it was me. I thought I could get rid of the stuff during the migration. some of @Zeke 's stuff got "lost" too! @lbgood tell me how to do it outside of powwows, can I embed it or do I need to get a photobucket account for it?
windanncer likes this.
muskrat_skull is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-25-2013, 07:07 PM   #20
Pronounced like "docket"

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskrat_skull View Post
@Toolbox didn't delete it, I was tired of having perverted pix in my Powwows photos!!! I will put it back up if someone tells me how to do it in a way I don't have to keep it on powwows 4-eva!! You should have seen all that I had from the princess stuff. I will even redirect the links.

But don't blame Toolbox, it was me. I thought I could get rid of the stuff during the migration. some of @Zeke 's stuff got "lost" too! @lbgood tell me how to do it outside of powwows, can I embed it or do I need to get a photobucket account for it?

But it was more fun to blame Toolbox. Besides lbgood moved it to the "anything" thread in Chit Chat. You can see it in all its glory.
windanncer likes this.
Sponsored Links