Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree106Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Ask PowWows.com Native American Creation Stories Native American Creation Stories

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-29-2015, 02:23 PM   #21
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Acadian is off the scaleAcadian is off the scaleAcadian is off the scaleAcadian is off the scaleAcadian is off the scaleAcadian is off the scaleAcadian is off the scaleAcadian is off the scaleAcadian is off the scaleAcadian is off the scale
Credits: 263.13
Savings: 0.00
I know when I'm not wanted. And i really do apologize for any offense I may have caused.

Take care all.
Acadian is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-29-2015, 04:36 PM   #22
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 87,421.59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadian View Post
I know when I'm not wanted. And i really do apologize for any offense I may have caused.

Take care all.
Don't be too hasty in leaving now.

What's happening in the posts above is a conversation and not a belittlement. What OLChemist and the others are trying to do is to steer your mode of thinking from an active inquirer to one who sits back, watches and listens and participates when asked or when the time is right.

Basically it boils down to this. People come to this site, a site dedicated to all things Powwow and other FN/NA social gatherings, and try to talk about religion and a whole lot of other topics that are for one way too specific to an individual tribe as well as things that due to customs are not to be shared with anyone who isn't part of that tribe/band/society and that includes other natives. Example - there were things in my wife's family and tribe that I wasn't allowed to know of or participate in until we got married and vice versa with her and my people. Even though we are married (happily and almost 2 years now) there are things that I'm not allowed to participate in and there are things that she isn't allowed to participate in.

I think the question going forward that you should ask here is how does one participate in advancing FN/NA causes without being an intruder? How do you get involved?

Also don't forget to enjoy the Powwow side of this site and the banter and joking that goes on in the "Chit-Chat" section of this forum.
windanncer, subeeds, RDNKJ and 2 others like this.

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-29-2015, 06:00 PM   #23
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 68,252.95
Quote:
I don't make many friends these days. By choice. It has nothing to do with DNA but culture and spirituality. I am no NAZI or eugenicist.

I respect that you don't want to think about it. I guess I am where I shouldn't be. I apologize for even posting here.

Whoa, please take a deep breath. Forgive me tone of voice doesn't work in the internet.

I was using DNA as lazy short hand for descent from a particular set of ancestors. It was not an accusation of anything nefarious. I'm a scientist, sometimes I use terms like that a bit causally. Sorry if I offended.

By not wanting to think about it all the time, I meant I don't want it to be the only thing you and I talk about. As you might have guess from the amount i typed on this thread, I actually do think of it more than is probably normal for Native people. I've always assumed it was because I had more than one culture in my home (and too much liberal arts education). I've always tried to understand how good people can stand face to dace and not understand each other at all.

But given my druthers today, I'd rather talk about silversmithing, or water on Mars, or computer programming:) That is the kind of not always thinking about it I meant. Sorry for a poorly worded post.
windanncer, subeeds, RDNKJ and 1 others like this.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-29-2015, 08:45 PM   #24
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 67,297.57
Savings: 1.00
O.C. I don't think you had anything to do with he/she/it's decision to leave. We all forgot to welcome him/her/it with peace and blessings ! After all , it only wanted to learn ! We should have just given him the sacred knowledge we all possess !Besides , Gilisi was mean to it ! Shame on him......oh yeah , I might have had just a tiny part in it's not feeling welcome or accepted. I thought you were very patient and explanatory ! Of course , it coulda been my cuz , subeeds ! She came in swinging with both hands ! LOL All I can say is " Oh well !"

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-2015, 12:04 AM   #25
Pow Wow Committee

gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 65,677.74
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardancer View Post
O.C. I don't think you had anything to do with he/she/it's decision to leave. We all forgot to welcome him/her/it with peace and blessings ! After all , it only wanted to learn ! We should have just given him the sacred knowledge we all possess !Besides , Gilisi was mean to it ! Shame on him......oh yeah , I might have had just a tiny part in it's not feeling welcome or accepted. I thought you were very patient and explanatory ! Of course , it coulda been my cuz , subeeds ! She came in swinging with both hands ! LOL All I can say is " Oh well !"
Dammit, I was extra nice

even brushed my teef
Attached Thumbnails
beauty_and_the_beast_38.jpg  

"Show me somethin"
gilisi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-2015, 03:04 AM   #26

Items TreePresentChange User Title
Credits: 14,792.88
Quote:
I meant it to be both a question and a statement. I mean knowledge that can help bring people together or help others. I don't mean privacy or private knowledge.

Which I now understand First Nations histories, parables, stories and lessons are much more personal than I thought.

Apologies.
And who decides upon bringing people together? Help others? In which way, here I come, I can help you and therefor you got to do what I say? Strange enough, when asking for a specific kind of help, hardly ever get it. As the experience shows those who give "help" often enough want those who receive help, play by the "helper's" rules. And then those who force "help" upon you when you are perfectly fine, but not so in the eye of those help givers.
RDNKJ and eagleclanriverband like this.
Spiritflight is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-2015, 03:49 AM   #27
Northern Traditional

Items RainbowTree
eagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond repute
eagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 12,373.83
OMGoodness...Wow!
I give my thanks to all of you, Subeeds, Spiritflight, OlChemist, Gilisi, Wardancer & Toolbox for speaking up and taking Acadian on.

Oh man, he was very aggressive. He blew in here like a sudden storm today. I was like, "Batten down the hatches"; I felt under attack. He was adamant... "You got what I want; now give it to me! I insist!" Yikes...then all of a sudden he decided (his choice) to pack up his nappy sack & take his toys (so to speak) & storm away.

I got a sense that something was amiss with him. There is so much to digest in all what he wrote in these posts, but he never answered the specific question of why he wanted our creation stories to how those related/morphed into his stated desire that we all work together to fix the problems that our planet and we face. Or did I miss that part?

I am grateful for our oral traditions & for the wisdom of our elders and thankful that Google Search Engines haven't been able to suck everything from us.
RDNKJ, gilisi and DeafElderWoman like this.
eagleclanriverband is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-2015, 09:36 AM   #28
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 127,512.31
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
Whoa, please take a deep breath. Forgive me tone of voice doesn't work in the internet.

I was using DNA as lazy short hand for descent from a particular set of ancestors. It was not an accusation of anything nefarious. I'm a scientist, sometimes I use terms like that a bit causally. Sorry if I offended.

By not wanting to think about it all the time, I meant I don't want it to be the only thing you and I talk about. As you might have guess from the amount i typed on this thread, I actually do think of it more than is probably normal for Native people. I've always assumed it was because I had more than one culture in my home (and too much liberal arts education). I've always tried to understand how good people can stand face to dace and not understand each other at all.

But given my druthers today, I'd rather talk about silversmithing, or water on Mars, or computer programming:) That is the kind of not always thinking about it I meant. Sorry for a poorly worded post.
Damn. You just mighta run off a future husband!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-2015, 09:47 AM   #29
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 87,421.59
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleclanriverband View Post
OMGoodness...Wow!
I give my thanks to all of you, Subeeds, Spiritflight, OlChemist, Gilisi, Wardancer & Toolbox for speaking up and taking Acadian on.
... ----Truncated--- ...
Whoa, simmer down there. You are taking the conversation way out of context.

No one was taking him on as if he was starting some massive fight or argument. Acadian was just misguided and OLChemist was trying to get him/her to understand why some information and cultural things are not in the public domain and are closely guarded.

This is the problem with text on an internet forum - it can easily convey the wrong emotion and tone leading people to take something that may be said jokingly as being harsh or something that is intended to directly inform can be taken as a scolding.

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-2015, 09:48 AM   #30
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 68,252.95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
LMAO

I'm not sure why I feel the urge to try for the teachable moment. *Shrug*
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-2015, 09:48 AM   #31
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
windanncer, RDNKJ and gilisi like this.

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 09-30-2015, 09:51 AM   #32
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolbox View Post
This is the problem with text on an internet forum - it can easily convey the wrong emotion and tone leading people to take something that may be said jokingly as being harsh or something that is intended to directly inform can be taken as a scolding.
Toolz , you and OC need to invent a "sarcasm" font !

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 09-30-2015, 11:56 AM   #33
Pow Wow Committee

gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 65,677.74
Quote:
I really thought it was a girl
windanncer, subeeds and RDNKJ like this.

"Show me somethin"
gilisi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-01-2015, 03:30 AM   #34
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 43,356.38
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardancer View Post
I feel kinda bad about what I said-key word being "kinda". I thought it was a girl, too. At least I didn't call her a crystal twinkie. That post just hit me wrong.

Like so many others, they weren't welcomed with open arms, and they got their knickers in a knot and left. As WD said, "oh well". I'm sure there will be more.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-01-2015, 03:39 PM   #35
Lion of Judah

Items Elephant$DevilSword
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
RDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond reputeRDNKJ has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 35,780.15
Quote:
"...too much liberal arts education..."
Ain't no such thing as "too much" liberal arts education!
OLChemist, windanncer and subeeds like this.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:28 PM   #36
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 127,512.31
Quote:
LMAO

I'm not sure why I feel the urge to try for the teachable moment. *Shrug*
I didn't know if it was a boy or a girl. I couldn't even tell you what the conversation was about.

I was just messing with you, OLC. I like reading your posts.
windanncer and subeeds like this.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-03-2015, 05:49 AM   #37
Powwow Grandmother

DeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond repute
DeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 4,566.41
Quote:

Take care all.
It is not good for you to run off from the website and feeling disappointed or defeated. You need to have a thick skin to take the blunt truth about our perspectives. You have a lot to learn about our perspectives as First Nations and Native reservations.

And please, don't drink alcohol, even if you are drinking beer. Not good for your body and health. You need to be healthy without the alcohol.

If you are living in Canada, you have to know that you can only help us if we ask for help from non-native people. Like the Harper Government, the parliament don't give a **** on helping poor First Nation reserves on improving housing and other necessary needs. That is because they did not have Casino to help them out with building communities. That is why we need to protest with Idle No More to build our communities and to stop oil pipelines, including water and fishing rights.

I have lived with two different world, one with my perspective as a Deaf person who I was forced to go to mainstream schools instead of Deaf School since I was 9 years old. They never teach me to learn ASL (American Sign Language) all those years of growing up. After I graduated from mainstream high school, I learned how to sign ASL which really open the chest or lift up from my shoulder. I was very happy and relieve that I can communicate with Deaf communities and going to college with Deaf program.

Now the other one is Native perspective and we do suffered through forcing us to be like the white people. So you see, both of these perspectives made us force to do what the white people want us to be like hearing and dress ourselves like them. We were not please about what they had done to us. We were hurt and feeling violated by them never caring about how we are as human being and stop putting us down with religion like being Christian. Every Christian want us to follow the bible which is their own, not ours but we were forced to do this no matter what the argument not getting across.

If you want to leave Powwow website as it is about Native dancing and tradition between traditional and competition dances. We are here to talk about dancing and maybe give some information about our Culture and tradition perspectives. If you have to go, I am sorry that you want to leave. Fine, do what you want. Just be tough and learn to accept us the way we are. I have spoken.

DeafElderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links