• 1 Post By Josiah
  • 1 Post By Joe's Dad
  • 2 Post By Joe's Dad
  • 4 Post By Josiah
  • 1 Post By DeafElderWoman
  • 2 Post By AmigoKumeyaay
  • 2 Post By LISA IRONMAKER
  • 1 Post By Josiah

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Ask PowWows.com New to the site and would love to get connected New to the site and would love to get connected

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-24-2015, 02:47 PM   #1
Jennythejawbreaker

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
ApacheLightning is off the scaleApacheLightning is off the scaleApacheLightning is off the scaleApacheLightning is off the scaleApacheLightning is off the scaleApacheLightning is off the scaleApacheLightning is off the scaleApacheLightning is off the scaleApacheLightning is off the scaleApacheLightning is off the scaleApacheLightning is off the scaleApacheLightning is off the scale
Credits: 189.02
Savings: 0.00
New to the site and would love to get connected

let me start by introducing myself. i am a indie filmmaker currently working on a script fantasy adventure and could use some help on last dialect for Powhatan and Shoshone if anyone knows. But very interested in meeting many more tribal members my grandfather and i used to go together to pow wows when he passed I remembered all the wonderful times we had. So you know again to any brothers and sisters out there I hope I posted in a right spot. looking forward to you all.
ApacheLightning is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-24-2015, 07:50 PM   #2
On The Rocks

Items ElephantTreasure ChestPresentPresent
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 99,476.66
Savings: 1.00
Jennifer Amorelli - IMDb
AmigoKumeyaay is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-24-2015, 07:53 PM   #3
On The Rocks

AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
jennythejawbreaker/home
Old 07-24-2015, 08:02 PM   #4
Jennythejawbreaker

ApacheLightning is off the scaleApacheLightning is off the scaleApacheLightning is off the scaleApacheLightning is off the scaleApacheLightning is off the scaleApacheLightning is off the scaleApacheLightning is off the scaleApacheLightning is off the scaleApacheLightning is off the scaleApacheLightning is off the scaleApacheLightning is off the scaleApacheLightning is off the scale
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigoKumeyaay View Post
Hi amigo thank you <3 I should of shared those LOL nice to meet you
Old 07-24-2015, 08:49 PM   #5
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 60,754.48
Greetings and welcome to powwows.com. Don't know about Powhatan , but there are some Shoshone on here! Good Luck

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-24-2015, 10:52 PM   #6
Jennythejawbreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardancer View Post
Greetings and welcome to powwows.com. Don't know about Powhatan , but there are some Shoshone on here! Good Luck
Thank you wardancer if you do know of any send them my way :)
LISA IRONMAKER and windanncer like this.
Old 07-24-2015, 11:38 PM   #7
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 60,754.48
@WyoRose , and Furiously Fancy , front and center ! LOL

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Last edited by wardancer; 07-25-2015 at 03:55 PM..
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-24-2015, 11:43 PM   #8
Jennythejawbreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardancer View Post
@WyoRose and Furiously Fancy , front and center ! LOL
Thanks xoxo :) , I used most dictionaries of Powhatan and Shoshone books to get most words its just the father and daughter conversation in Powhatan has no words in many books to make their conversation. This is where I get frustrated. I am in california
Old 07-25-2015, 01:05 AM   #9
Pow Wow Visitor

Items PresentDolphinDevil
wanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond repute
wanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 36,801.61
There are a lot of Cubans in Bell, CA.
windanncer likes this.
Old 07-25-2015, 06:51 AM   #10
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 116,179.14
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanjica_the_one View Post
There are a lot of Cubans in Bell, CA.
There are a lot of Cubans in Cuba, too.

Where you been Wanji?
windanncer likes this.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-25-2015, 01:14 PM   #11
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 38,634.63
I like Cuban Cigars and when I had a craving would travel to Victoria BC
I guess I don't need to do that anymore
windanncer likes this.
Old 07-25-2015, 03:32 PM   #12
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiah View Post
I like Cuban Cigars and when I had a craving would travel to Victoria BC
I guess I don't need to do that anymore
Is there a lot of Cubans in Victoria, BC?
windanncer likes this.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Last edited by Joe's Dad; 07-25-2015 at 10:45 PM..
Old 07-25-2015, 03:33 PM   #13
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Hmmm...I wonder if Mark Cuban is Cuban?
Old 07-25-2015, 04:16 PM   #14
Powwow Dude

Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
Is there a lot of Cuans in Victoria, BC?
Nope, just their cigars
I met a Cuban once he didn't like cigars though...
Old 07-28-2015, 05:39 AM   #15
Powwow Grandmother

DeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond repute
DeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond reputeDeafElderWoman has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 4,566.41
Welcome to Powwows.com. Have fun reading and posting here on this forum.

I don't know if I am your sister unless we share finger blood or kind of adopted into the Native family.
Alli3 likes this.

DeafElderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-28-2015, 06:40 AM   #16
On The Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApacheLightning View Post
Hi amigo thank you <3 I should of shared those LOL nice to meet you
We got connections

Old 07-28-2015, 07:16 PM   #17
Pow Wow Committee

Items DollElephantDolphin
LISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond repute
LISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond reputeLISA IRONMAKER has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 26,725.66
Savings: 2.03
Welcome to pws.com enjoy!!
timmy tiger and Alli3 like this.
Old 03-23-2016, 01:38 PM   #18
Powwow Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
Is there a lot of Cubans in Victoria, BC?
Well no but they could Import Cuban Cigars unlike the US at the time
And btw a good Cuban Cigar is worth the money spent
windanncer likes this.
Sponsored Links