Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Like Tree77Likes

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Ask PowWows.com question for white people question for white people

Closed Thread LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-31-2013, 04:45 PM   #121
On The Rocks

Items ElephantTreasure ChestPresentPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
AmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond reputeAmigoKumeyaay has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 67,420.90
Savings: 1.00
Back to the original post -

Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighsalute View Post
im just wondering....and im not trying to be an azz, but i been wondering for years, but what is your obsession with indians and wolves?

what is the connection? Its in alot of stories written by white people as well as in all the native themed pictures drawn by white artists.............either pet wolves or howling wolves.....dont get me wrong i think wolves are a magnificent animal....but its pretty high on the twinkie factor like fringed buckskin and rabbit fur lined dreamcatcher
s

Spiritflight likes this.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:26 PM   #122
Junior Dancer

Atehequa has a reputation beyond reputeAtehequa has a reputation beyond reputeAtehequa has a reputation beyond reputeAtehequa has a reputation beyond reputeAtehequa has a reputation beyond reputeAtehequa has a reputation beyond reputeAtehequa has a reputation beyond reputeAtehequa has a reputation beyond reputeAtehequa has a reputation beyond reputeAtehequa has a reputation beyond reputeAtehequa has a reputation beyond reputeAtehequa has a reputation beyond reputeAtehequa has a reputation beyond reputeAtehequa has a reputation beyond reputeAtehequa has a reputation beyond reputeAtehequa has a reputation beyond reputeAtehequa has a reputation beyond reputeAtehequa has a reputation beyond reputeAtehequa has a reputation beyond reputeAtehequa has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,714.91
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighsalute View Post
i look at twinkies the same way that a black man looks at a wigger.......there are a few that legitly grew up around the scene due to geography or close family style ties or whatever......but the most part imagine what we see with blacks and wiggers....wiggers are usually tolerated because while they are trying too hard they are the ones giving rides and buying the 40oz's......if you can imagine that which shouldnt be too hard considering we all seen it....then imagine the black people being indian and the wiggers being YOU

sorry....i know thats harsh....and i know that some indians dont feel that way....BUT MOST DO

we dont mind you guys admiring us, or observing us.....but what we do hate and laugh at is you trying to become us........so put down the regalia and go buy some corn soup and get your azz in the bleachers
I heard we're real big in Germany. I talked with a Pamunkey today and she told me that the Germans even have fake tribes of Indians. she also told me that a good many 'Native American' internet communities and their are out of Deutschland. I would pay good Yankee dollars to see them goose step in moccasins.
Spiritflight likes this.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:11 PM   #123
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 54,331.39
The real answer to the original question is highly complex and has not one but many sources. The biggest culprit for cultural misinformation on any race or ethnicity is HOLLYWOOD. In the context of this thread it's old Westerns, Dances With Wolves, Last Of The Mohicans etc. Couple that with poorly written and researched text books and the broken education system here and you've got a perfect storm for stuff like this to brew in.

Also with the way we consume styles and fads in this country as well as the developed world it doesn't take but a few people showing off the wolf motif and calling it Indian art work for it to catch on.
Spiritflight and Muttly like this.

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Old 05-31-2013, 11:14 PM   #124
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 54,331.39
On a final note here - We have received many complaints from both participants and non-participants about this thread. This thread has turned into fighting and ad hominem attacks. So with the power vested in me by Powwows.com I hereby am CLOSING this thread.

If everyone feels as if we need to continue this topic please feel free to start a new one... and folks, please try to be civil.

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread