• 1 Post By Joe's Dad
  • 3 Post By lbgood
  • 2 Post By gilisi
  • 3 Post By Joe's Dad
  • 1 Post By milehighsalute
  • 1 Post By neling4
  • 5 Post By Niigig
  • 1 Post By subeeds

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Ask PowWows.com Spirit Guides Spirit Guides

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-28-2015, 09:28 PM   #1
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
thompsarah08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 110.00
Savings: 0.00
Spirit Guides

A Cheyenne Chief is one of my spirit guides. My understanding is that some nations do not feel that whites will have Native guides. I am white and as far as I know have no lineage to the native people of america. I do know that I have always felt like I had some connection, maybe a past life? When I was in the fourth grade I freaked out on my teacher when she was talking about Columbus and thanksgiving. I actually stood up and yelled at her asking why she wasn't telling us how the bad people came over here and made everyone sick, killed them and stole their land. This was rare for me because I was a very well behaved and quiet kid. My parents never talked to me about this, and there are no natives in my small ohio town. It's mostly white with a large german baptist community. I questioned myself about this guide, but I know in my heart of hearts he is. I tried to find out a little info on him after he revealed himself, which I did, but there's very little. I'm not crazy, I'm just a typical mom from the midwest. I would like to make clear that in no way am I trying to offend anyone. I would just like to know native thoughts without judgement. Thanks in advance
thompsarah08 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-28-2015, 10:35 PM   #2
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 69,221.28
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by thompsarah08 View Post
A Cheyenne Chief is one of my spirit guides. My understanding is that some nations do not feel that whites will have Native guides. I am white and as far as I know have no lineage to the native people of america. I do know that I have always felt like I had some connection, maybe a past life? When I was in the fourth grade I freaked out on my teacher when she was talking about Columbus and thanksgiving. I actually stood up and yelled at her asking why she wasn't telling us how the bad people came over here and made everyone sick, killed them and stole their land. This was rare for me because I was a very well behaved and quiet kid. My parents never talked to me about this, and there are no natives in my small ohio town. It's mostly white with a large german baptist community. I questioned myself about this guide, but I know in my heart of hearts he is. I tried to find out a little info on him after he revealed himself, which I did, but there's very little. I'm not crazy, I'm just a typical mom from the midwest. I would like to make clear that in no way am I trying to offend anyone. I would just like to know native thoughts without judgement. Thanks in advance

OooooKaaay......
Welcome to powwows.com
As a mod here I have to be as diplomatic as possible. First things first , this subject is quite inflammatory and will most likely bring out the very worst of conversations ! LOL Spirits and spirituality are not easily discussed on a public forum. With that warning , I'll bite ! You say he revealed himself , so you have a name. By all means send it to me in a private message , I'd be interested in seeing if he's a relative. I am Cheyenne and am related to many of our Chiefs.(past and present)
As to your other statement asking not to be judged.....that's near impossible , but I'll withhold first impressions until I learn more ! Try not to anger too quickly as patience is a virtue , but keep in mind that ndns think different than most people and we have different way of dealing with uncomfortable subjects ! Our humor can be quite crass and our sarcasm is worse !LOL

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-28-2015, 11:46 PM   #3
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 70,373.46
Welcome to powwows.com.

I too will bite. Please understand our spiritual ways have long and deep roots. They are woven into the ethos of our peoples. They are almost always liked to language and kin. It is nearly impossible to understand these ways, without understanding the language. As I was told when I asked about a certain matter, our spirits do not speak English.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-29-2015, 12:10 AM   #4
HUUUUUUUUUH!

Iowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond repute
Iowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeIowa_Boy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 4,359.51
Quote:
my spirit guide is a Reece's peanut butter cup.
windanncer, subeeds and neling4 like this.
Iowa_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-30-2015, 07:30 PM   #5
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 127,514.31
What the heck? You all don't talk about spirit guides???

I would like to know how the Cheyenne (was he Northern Cheyenne or Southern Cheyenne?) Chief communicated with the original poster.

My understanding is she's a white lady. And my understanding is he's a Cheyenne Cheif.

Is it illogical to think these two had no communication?

Maybe the OP can share with is how she was guided. Sounds intriguing.
windanncer and subeeds like this.
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-01-2015, 12:49 AM   #6
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 69,221.28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post

I would like to know how the Cheyenne (was he Northern Cheyenne or Southern Cheyenne?) Chief communicated with the original poster.

My understanding is she's a white lady. And my understanding is he's a Cheyenne Cheif.

Depends how far back he's from.....we used to be all 1 tribe ! LOL

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-01-2015, 04:09 AM   #7
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 44,021.62
I'm starting to wonder if this was some kind of post and run. :)
Spiritflight likes this.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-01-2015, 08:49 AM   #8
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardancer View Post
Depends how far back he's from.....we used to be all 1 tribe ! LOL
Did your 1 tribe speak english? lol

I just wanted to inquire into what the OP was being led.
windanncer likes this.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 07-01-2015, 07:06 PM   #9
LBGOOD2U

Items DevilPresentPresent
lbgood has a reputation beyond repute
lbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,007.25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post

Maybe they let their bodies talk and became as one you know how they are - acting all somehow - tryna be iresistable
wyo_rose, Joe's Dad and windanncer like this.
lbgood is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-03-2015, 01:47 AM   #10
Pow Wow Committee

gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 67,239.98
just wear some of this and they will all come to you....no trips to Ohio will be needed....
Attached Thumbnails
lovepotion.jpg  
wardancer and windanncer like this.

"Show me somethin"
gilisi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-12-2015, 01:33 PM   #11
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgood View Post
Maybe they let their bodies talk and became as one you know how they are - acting all somehow - tryna be iresistable
All spirchal n chit.

I was hoping the OP would come answer these questions.

I think sometimes, these people believe something until they are asked for an explanation.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Old 02-06-2016, 05:41 PM   #12
Dances With Fat Chicks

milehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
milehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 31,977.76
oh man.......how did i miss this one? i have my hat brushed off and ready to wear
windanncer likes this.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:30 PM   #13
Eskimo wannabe

Items ElephantTreasure ChestPresentPresent
vBActivity Stats
Achievements Happy 10th AnniversaryHappy 5th AnniversaryEverybody Loves Me!Posting GodThe Popular One
Items ElephantTreasure ChestPresentPresent
neling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond repute
neling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond reputeneling4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
windanncer likes this.
neling4 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-23-2016, 09:45 AM   #14
Some donkus

Niigig has a reputation beyond reputeNiigig has a reputation beyond reputeNiigig has a reputation beyond reputeNiigig has a reputation beyond reputeNiigig has a reputation beyond reputeNiigig has a reputation beyond reputeNiigig has a reputation beyond reputeNiigig has a reputation beyond reputeNiigig has a reputation beyond reputeNiigig has a reputation beyond reputeNiigig has a reputation beyond reputeNiigig has a reputation beyond reputeNiigig has a reputation beyond reputeNiigig has a reputation beyond reputeNiigig has a reputation beyond reputeNiigig has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,076.49
Oh lord. And I thought my first post was bad.
Niigig is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-27-2016, 04:02 AM   #15
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 44,021.62
We get lots of these kinds of things. Which explains why some of us tend to bite first, then bark. :)
windanncer likes this.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links