Old 04-01-2018, 06:17 PM   #1
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
VerschrikelijkeIkke is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 127.01
Savings: 0.00
Which tribe

Hallo everyone,

I wonder which native american tribe wears such regalia?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D42Iamnc9fk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxwUr2Ol_rU

Greatings from Europe,
VIkke
ChildrenFromTheSun likes this.
VerschrikelijkeIkke is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-01-2018, 08:31 PM   #2
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 57,734.43
Savings: 1.00
Really ? NONE !
alumphfres and windanncer like this.

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-01-2018, 10:49 PM   #3
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 57,873.06
[Sarcasm/]The tribe of South American pan pipe players.[/Sarcasm]

For a while one of the local Spanish language stations ran an just before dawn infomerical with a guy who dressed like the guy in the second video. His set featured an incense burner, a cigar store Indian, and 4 foot diameter dream catcher. He'd tell caller's fortunes, while selling healing potions and horoscope readings.
windanncer likes this.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-03-2018, 07:24 AM   #4
Pow Wow Visitor

VerschrikelijkeIkke is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 127.01
Sorry, I didnt mean to offend You. I know he is not a real Native American, he comes from Peru. But he is the most famous Youtube Native American music performer (I mean that you don't have to be Aboriginal Australian to dress like one of them as long as you do it with respect and without offending anyone).

Regalia in second movie seem to me as not a realistic regalia- just as somebody who have watched an old movie and made the same regalia.

Face paint from the first film like to me as sort of war paint (and war clothes). I've found some foto's on internet with similiar paintings, but I'm not sure is it real native american war paint.

@OLChemist I know what you mean, I saw it also on TV middle of the night (only without selling healing potions) - Dream catcher, tarot cards and pentagram:-)
VerschrikelijkeIkke is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-03-2018, 02:01 PM   #5
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 57,734.43
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerschrikelijkeIkke View Post
Sorry, I didnt mean to offend You. I know he is not a real Native American, he comes from Peru.You didn't offend me , he does ! But he is the most famous Youtube Native American music performer (I mean that you don't have to be Aboriginal Australian to dress like one of them as long as you do it with respect and without offending anyone).Our regalia is personal and most is tribal specific. No non-natives should ever put it on.

Regalia in second movie seem to me as not a realistic regalia- just as somebody who have watched an old movie and made the same regalia.Always the stereotype.

Face paint from the first film like to me as sort of war paint (and war clothes). I've found some foto's on internet with similiar paintings, but I'm not sure is it real native american war paint. Again , paint is personal and sacred to each individual.

@OLChemist I know what you mean, I saw it also on TV middle of the night (only without selling healing potions) - Dream catcher, tarot cards and pentagram:-)
They just do it to scam money from un-knowing Europeans who see and want to "Ooo-ahh" the "Indians" not realising they're being scammed ! It really disgusting !
alumphfres, WhoMe, xTekno and 4 others like this.

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-03-2018, 10:07 PM   #6
Tiny Tot Dancer

ChildrenFromTheSun is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 1,703.98
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerschrikelijkeIkke View Post
Sorry, I didnt mean to offend You. I know he is not a real Native American, he comes from Peru. But he is the most famous Youtube Native American music performer (I mean that you don't have to be Aboriginal Australian to dress like one of them as long as you do it with respect and without offending anyone).

Regalia in second movie seem to me as not a realistic regalia- just as somebody who have watched an old movie and made the same regalia.

Face paint from the first film like to me as sort of war paint (and war clothes). I've found some foto's on internet with similiar paintings, but I'm not sure is it real native american war paint.

In terms of race, he can be considered Native American as it can define any indigenous population in the Americas, including all of South America (and Peru is over there). Not to mention the shared biological traits, particularly in physiology/phenotype and genetics. However, this isn't common knowledge in the US and Canada, where many believe Native Americans only exist (or "existed") in their nations. Perfect reflections of the issue here:

For the laughs too:

He most likely isn't one from the US though, considering Peru is his actual place of origin. So it perplexes me as to why he took up regalia based on the natives from the US. The odds of this being a mere act and a scam are seriously high thus far.

It wouldn't be an issue if the regalia was akin to his most likely Native American origins in Peru. The Quechua and Aymara are the most populous Native American cultures over there. Their regalia is more along the lines of this:

WhoMe likes this.

Last edited by ChildrenFromTheSun; 04-21-2018 at 10:44 AM..
ChildrenFromTheSun is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-05-2018, 02:13 AM   #7
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 37,749.66
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
[Sarcasm/]The tribe of South American pan pipe players.[/Sarcasm]

For a while one of the local Spanish language stations ran an just before dawn infomerical with a guy who dressed like the guy in the second video. His set featured an incense burner, a cigar store Indian, and 4 foot diameter dream catcher. He'd tell caller's fortunes, while selling healing potions and horoscope readings.
A 4ft. dreamcatcher?? This guy must have Freddi Krueger dreams. LOL!

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-06-2018, 03:56 PM   #8
Champion Dancer

Items Tree
solitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond repute
solitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond reputesolitare has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 25,550.16
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardancer View Post
They just do it to scam money from un-knowing Europeans who see and want to "Ooo-ahh" the "Indians" not realising they're being scammed ! It really disgusting !
the exploitation of one group of people in order to exploit the other group of people too.
solitare is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links