• 5 Post By Josiah
  • 6 Post By Joe's Dad
  • 1 Post By milehighsalute
  • 1 Post By xTekno
  • 1 Post By milehighsalute
  • 5 Post By OLChemist
  • 4 Post By Joe's Dad
  • 2 Post By White Powwow Dancer

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Ask PowWows.com White Arrow/ White Eagle White Arrow/ White Eagle

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-27-2014, 08:50 PM   #1
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
AnnieE is off the scaleAnnieE is off the scaleAnnieE is off the scaleAnnieE is off the scaleAnnieE is off the scaleAnnieE is off the scaleAnnieE is off the scaleAnnieE is off the scaleAnnieE is off the scaleAnnieE is off the scaleAnnieE is off the scaleAnnieE is off the scaleAnnieE is off the scaleAnnieE is off the scaleAnnieE is off the scale
Credits: 157.00
Savings: 0.00
White Arrow/ White Eagle

Hello,
This is my first visit here. If you don't mind, I'd like to ask all of you about a visit I had a while back.
In 2004, I went to my very first Powwow in Sharttlesville, PA.
I was in search of a Shaman to teach me to heal.
I had been feeling this need for some time and hoped that I would find someone to help me onto the right path.
As I walked with my husband, through the powwow, we went into a tent
That seemed strange. It was small and had very little merchandise in it. Just a few beaded bags and a few carvings. I picked up one of the stone carvings and fell in love with it immediately! It was a carving of an eagle.
From behind the tent, a man wearing beautiful Chieftain outfit came in. His wife was behind him, as beautiful a couple as I've ever seen!
The man wore a headdress with a grey wolf head and white eagle feathers down to the ground, and stood so strong and sure of himself. I asked him about the eagle, he told me it was hand carved from mud rock. I turned to show my husband, but he was on his way out of the tent. I turned back to the man and told him the eagle was really beautiful, laid it down on the table, and turned to go. He said "wait". And asked for my heart hand. I held my hand out and he put the eagle in it and said "this is a gift from me to you. Take it and go" We looked into each others eyes and I knew that we had known each other for a hundred years!
All that day, he followed me through the powwow. Whenever I would turn around he was there, watching over me. I felt protected, from what I never knew. I sat for the jingle dancers and the competitors for hours, and he was still there. When I finally got up to leave, he was gone.
Soon after, I had the opportunity to take classes and become a Reiki master and for 10 years my little eagle has had a place of honor in my Reiki room. I returned to the Powwow several times through the following years. Bringing gifts and thanks, but could never find anyone who had seen him. I couldn't believe that anyone who had seen him would ever forget him.
Fast forward to this week-end, I went to Health fair and saw a native American Shaman. She did a reading for me and I finally got to ask the question that has been making me crazy for 10 years. Who was this Chief?
She told me that he was White Arrow, sometimes called White Eagle and that he was my guide and protector.
Does anyone know anything about him? She told me he walks between both worlds at will. I googled the name, but got an actor in Canada. I would be SSSOOOO greatful for any information you might have on him. Thank you!
AnnieE is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-27-2014, 11:32 PM   #2
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 70,431.46
Welcome to powwows.com. We're an online forum for the discussion of powwows, and powwow arts and crafts. Please browse our forums and learn more about powwows and our various cultures as manifested in these social events.

Out of respect for the restrictions of the many religious traditions of our various Native nations, we are not a forum for the discussion of metaphysics. I would suggest you conduct this inquiry, face to face, with Native elders within your community.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-28-2014, 12:58 AM   #3
Pow Wow Visitor

Items PresentDolphinDevil
wanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond repute
wanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond reputewanjica_the_one has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 36,829.89
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieE View Post
Hello,
This is my first visit here. If you don't mind, I'd like to ask all of you about a visit I had a while back.
I had been feeling this need for some time and hoped that I would find someone to help me onto the right path.
That seemed strange. It was small and had very little merchandise in it. Just a few beaded bags and a few carvings. I picked up one of the stone carvings and fell in love with it immediately! It was a carving of an eagle.
From behind the tent, a man wearing beautiful Chieftain outfit came in. His wife was behind him, as beautiful a couple as I've ever seen!
The man wore a headdress with a grey wolf head and white eagle feathers down to the ground, and stood so strong and sure of himself. I asked him about the eagle, he told me it was hand carved from mud rock. I turned to show my husband, but he was on his way out of the tent. I turned back to the man and told him the eagle was really beautiful, laid it down on the table, and turned to go. He said "wait". And asked for my heart hand. I held my hand out and he put the eagle in it and said "this is a gift from me to you. Take it and go" We looked into each others eyes and I knew that we had known each other for a hundred years!
All that day, he followed me through the powwow. Whenever I would turn around he was there, watching over me. I felt protected, from what I never knew. I sat for the jingle dancers and the competitors for hours, and he was still there. When I finally got up to leave, he was gone.
Soon after, I had the opportunity to take classes and become a Reiki master and for 10 years my little eagle has had a place of honor in my Reiki room. I returned to the Powwow several times through the following years. Bringing gifts and thanks, but could never find anyone who had seen him. I couldn't believe that anyone who had seen him would ever forget him.
Fast forward to this week-end, I went to Health fair and saw a native American Shaman. She did a reading for me and I finally got to ask the question that has been making me crazy for 10 years. Who was this Chief?
She told me that he was White Arrow, sometimes called White Eagle and that he was my guide and protector.
Does anyone know anything about him? She told me he walks between both worlds at will. I googled the name, but got an actor in Canada. I would be SSSOOOO greatful for any information you might have on him. Thank you!
I object! This is a travesty. Ninja, help me!
Old 10-28-2014, 01:35 AM   #4
small bead addict

Items ElephantPresentDolphinRainbow
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
subeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond reputesubeeds has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 44,021.62
A Native American shaman did a reading for you? I think you have this forum confused with a New Age one.

I will not feed the troll-well, I will try.
subeeds is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-28-2014, 05:05 AM   #5
Dances With Fat Chicks

milehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
milehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 31,977.76
Quote:
Hello,
yes........chief white eagle from winkte hill.........he embraced me as a brother and i havent been the same since
Old 10-28-2014, 07:02 AM   #6
Pow Wow Visitor

AnnieE is off the scaleAnnieE is off the scaleAnnieE is off the scaleAnnieE is off the scaleAnnieE is off the scaleAnnieE is off the scaleAnnieE is off the scaleAnnieE is off the scaleAnnieE is off the scaleAnnieE is off the scaleAnnieE is off the scaleAnnieE is off the scaleAnnieE is off the scaleAnnieE is off the scaleAnnieE is off the scale
You may be right. I know very little about it.
Her name is Eagle Skyfire and she says she is a Shaman and Ceremonial leader.
Now I'm even more confused.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:13 AM   #7
Pow Wow Visitor

I'm sorry.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:18 AM   #8
Pow Wow Visitor

Sorry to have bothered you.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:27 AM   #9
Pow Wow Committee

gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 67,239.98
Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighsalute View Post
yes........chief white eagle from winkte hill.........he embraced me as a brother and i havent been the same since
Did he help you get on the right path?
windanncer and AnnieE like this.

"Show me somethin"
gilisi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-28-2014, 08:19 AM   #10
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 38,634.63
Savings: 1.00
Quote:
Hello,
Exposing The Fake Medicine Men And Women
Old 10-28-2014, 09:24 AM   #11
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 127,514.31
Quote:
You may be right. I know very little about it.
Her name is Eagle Skyfire and she says she is a Shaman and Ceremonial leader.
Now I'm even more confused.
Miss AnnieE, you poor thing. There are many charlatons our there, and lime sheep in wolves clothing, prey on the unknowing. They are about as much Indian Shaman/Healer/Ceremonial Leader as you and I are astrophysicists (you may be one but I am not one). They dress in Native American 'garb', to include turquoise jewelery, fringed leather, imitation eagle feathers, and speak in a John Wayne Indian accent. They prey on those who are ignorant (not knowing) of the real Native American people and their ways.

No true Native spiritual leader/healer would be at 'powwow' doing reading, greeting and selling snake oil on the side. I would even extend myself to say Chief White Eagle (why do white people always have 'White' in their NDN name is beyond my comprehension) and Princess Sky Eagle were probably very pale in skin color and would perhaps be more at home in period correct Rondevous(sp) attire.

It is sad good people like you are being duped by these non-Indian 'Indians'.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-28-2014, 09:35 AM   #12
Pow Wow Visitor

Yes, he did. I am soo grateful!
Old 10-28-2014, 09:56 AM   #13
Pow Wow Visitor

Thank you for sharing this article. I'm feeling a little foolish now.
But, my experiences at that Powwow were real. I also had my back healed that day, while I sat during the jingle dancing. I suppose that's why I believed what she said to me.
Sorry to bother you.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:59 AM   #14
Dances With Fat Chicks

milehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond reputemilehighsalute has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilisi View Post
Did he help you get on the right path?
i now walk as one with the spirit of two
AnnieE likes this.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:59 PM   #15
Standing Rock

Items PresentDevilElephant
Credits: 92,457.18
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I turned back to the man and told him the eagle was really beautiful, laid it down on the table, and turned to go. He said "wait". And asked for my heart hand. I held my hand out and he put the eagle in it and said "this is a gift from me to you. Take it and go" We looked into each others eyes and I knew that we had known each other for a hundred years!
sounds like @lbgood doing his stalking again!
windanncer likes this.
xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-28-2014, 06:21 PM   #16
Dances With Fat Chicks

Eagle Skyfire lol this site says it all
windanncer likes this.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:18 PM   #17
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 70,431.46
AnnieE, I am no expert about all the ways within the various Native American tribes, but over the years I have learned one nearly universal thing:

Real medicine people don't charge. They are supported through the community. If you are asked to pay to pray - run!
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-28-2014, 10:24 PM   #18
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 127,514.31
Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighsalute View Post
Eagle Skyfire lol this site says it all
What is a traditional Native American reading?

Native Americans do not believe in fortune telling. We believe that the Great Spirit gives you lessons to learn, but that you have the gift of free will to choose how those lessons manifest. Cards and candles arenít used for that is not part of my culture. These consultations are performed as they have been for hundreds of years. The focus is self-empowerment and guidance to help you make your own best choices. Eagle Skyfire will be talking primarily to your Guardian Spirit.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-29-2014, 06:20 PM   #19
Biboon omaa

White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
White Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Powwow Dancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 2,966.54
Here is a picture someone sent me thru Facebook about spiritual leaders
wardancer and DeafElderWoman like this.
OK Niji we are running a train with red over yellow at this powwow.
White Powwow Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links