Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who's Your Favorite Smoke Dance Singer?
Al George 1 2.33%
Bill Crouse 13 30.23%
Blain Tallchief 1 2.33%
Cam Hill 14 32.56%
DJ White 1 2.33%
Hubert Buck Jr. 0 0%
John Block 2 4.65%
Josh Johnny-John 1 2.33%
Kevin Johnny-John 0 0%
Lance Issac 3 6.98%
Lyle Anderson 3 6.98%
Marty Jimerson 1 2.33%
Norman Jimerson 1 2.33%
Russell Smith 0 0%
Sheldon Sundown 15 34.88%
Solon Spruce 3 6.98%
Trevor Jones 6 13.95%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Home - Go Back > Pow Wow Arena > Pow Wow Talk > Smoke Dance Smoke Dance Singers Smoke Dance Singers

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-01-2007, 11:00 PM   #1
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
george_washington is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Smoke Dance Singers

ok let me try fix dis. it was suppose to be a poll thing.

VOTE your Favorite SMOKE DANCE SINGER
george_washington is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-08-2007, 11:02 PM   #2
yohoh-yo:yanehiyo-ohho-!!

smoke_dancer_20 is a splendid one to beholdsmoke_dancer_20 is a splendid one to behold
Savings: 1.00
Bill has to make a come back to the smoke dance arena! he was the one the first to bust smoke dance out in the powwow arena.

Solon- also has a good beat much like Bill, a good strong singer of longhouse tunes.

Lyle Anderson- another good Singer, this guy's been jammin iroquois style songs since he was just a BOIY, and he still is! HAHAHA

Last edited by smoke_dancer_20; 01-12-2008 at 10:05 PM..
smoke_dancer_20 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-14-2007, 05:02 PM   #3
BOULDERDASH!

Coyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond repute
Coyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 396.55
Lightbulb Several Good Singers Mentioned....

Although I'm an old Schooler....I enjoyed listening the the late Richard Johnny John and the late Kyle Dowdy Sr. knew so much and were so down to earth....Good senses of humor for sure! The Buck brothers were awesome too!
"She also has a very soft skin. The only trouble with snake women is they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me. She say's she doesn't. That's why I call her "Doesn't Like Horses". But, of course, she's lying."
Coyot_In_The_House is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-18-2007, 04:32 PM   #4
smoke & ladies tradish

3ndnbear is a name known to all
Credits: 170.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyot_In_The_House View Post
Although I'm an old Schooler....I enjoyed listening the the late Richard Johnny John and the late Kyle Dowdy Sr. knew so much and were so down to earth....Good senses of humor for sure! The Buck brothers were awesome too!
Right on!!! i completely agree!

3ndnbear is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-18-2007, 06:50 PM   #5
Junior Dancer

bvr_wmn is just really nice
Credits: 80.00
mr. hill, your stowa was ace today!!! almost as good as ur jumps <--lol
Old 09-19-2007, 12:11 AM   #6

smoke_dancer_20 is a splendid one to beholdsmoke_dancer_20 is a splendid one to behold
awww ! lol see you on thursday!
Old 10-04-2007, 12:26 AM   #7

Quote:
I've only heard old recordings of the late Richard Johnny-John singing! He had some of the best Ehsge:nye Gaenase: Songs!
Good Choice!
Old 10-25-2007, 05:27 PM   #8
Pow Wow Visitor

oneida_chickendancer is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

I think sheldon Sundown is the best smokedancer singer. He came up with some pretty wild good and classy songs. Oh ye and hes my dad.lol All these other guys r jus singin the same old songs with the rare song thats made up or sung differently.
oneida_chickendancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-29-2007, 12:07 PM   #9
BOULDERDASH!

Coyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Not Shy.....LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneida_chickendancer View Post
I think sheldon Sundown is the best smokedancer singer. He came up with some pretty wild good and classy songs. Oh ye and hes my dad.lol All these other guys r jus singin the same old songs with the rare song thats made up or sung differently.
Did your Dad put you up to this? LOL JK! How are you? Holay I feel old....Your Dad knows his stuff...no doubt!
"She also has a very soft skin. The only trouble with snake women is they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me. She say's she doesn't. That's why I call her "Doesn't Like Horses". But, of course, she's lying."
Old 10-29-2007, 05:53 PM   #10
Pow Wow Visitor

oneida_chickendancer is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Did your Dad put you up to this? LOL JK! How are you? Holay I feel old....Your Dad knows his stuff...no doubt!
wats up? no my dad didnt put me up to this. lol i did it on my own. im doing pretty good. do i know u?
oneida_chickendancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-30-2007, 12:51 PM   #11
Junior Dancer

bvr_wmn is just really nice
Credits: 80.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneida_chickendancer View Post
fraz did you get ur cd's from ur dad? r u going to milwaukee? cuz u left some stuff in my truck on that last trip. let me know.

n i m surprised u admit he's your dad!! lmao JK
Old 11-12-2007, 12:48 AM   #12
Pow Wow Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke_dancer_20 View Post
I like Dancing to Sheldon Sundown @ Schemitzun! i like the faster beat he has to his songs.

Also Bill has to make a come back to the smoke dance arena! he was the one the first to bust smoke dance out in the powwow arena.

Solon- also has a good beat much like Bill, a good strong singer of longhouse tunes.

Lyle Anderson- another good Singer, this guy's been jammin iroquois style songs since he was just a BOIY, and he still is! HAHAHA
Some of the songs were sung way too fast at schemitzun this year, very few could even dance the true style of smoke dance! not 2 many peeps could show off their good'ol foot work! good song were sung but way 2 darn fast!
Old 11-12-2007, 12:58 AM   #13
Pow Wow Visitor

i member way bak when we used to go up to da fair and dance! the jimerson brothers have always been my favorite iroquoian style singers,
smoke dance tho, i'd have to say if kyle dowdy was on the list he would B at the top of it!
Billy crouse used to be the main man bak in da day, but since den there has been some younger voices singing for smoke dance contestz, Cam hill, Solon, Josh, ect. all good longhouse boys. keep up the good work.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:52 AM   #14
Pow Wow Visitor

redwhip is an unknown quantity at this point
I have to agree with Mister washington Jimersons no how to sing smoke dance.I have to say singers that have good beat and tempo and voices Lance Isaac Solan Spruce, Bill Crouse,LyleAnderson Blaine Tallchief,TrevorJones,Josh Johnny John,Definetly Cam Hill,Norman and Marty Jimerson Russell Smith and Sheldon Sundown just needs to slow it down 1 notch thats about it!!!!!
redwhip is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-04-2008, 01:46 PM   #15
BOULDERDASH!

Lightbulb I disagree.....

Sheldon doesn't sing fast? He can, but he doesn't.....He's ole school, no doubt....Wonder if folks are just.......? Sheldon knows his stuff....
Old 02-06-2008, 02:32 AM   #16
Pow Wow Visitor

mrencountre is an unknown quantity at this point
Cam is the best hands down!
mrencountre is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-06-2008, 12:38 PM   #17
BOULDERDASH!

Lightbulb What makes me laugh ....

Is the talk of "the Best...?" C'mon....? Actually Cam is a real down to earth person..he would never float his ego....Certainly there are fans....but c'mon....It makes me laugh too cause you'd never hear the older folks talk that way....Being competitive is good, but bragging and walking down the diva path is petty.....
Old 02-06-2008, 08:35 PM   #18

Oh stop before i delete this Thread !!! i have the magic botton you know! LMFAO
JK!!! hahahahaha
Old 08-27-2008, 06:22 PM   #19
Miss Struggs

Strugganona has a reputation beyond reputeStrugganona has a reputation beyond reputeStrugganona has a reputation beyond reputeStrugganona has a reputation beyond reputeStrugganona has a reputation beyond reputeStrugganona has a reputation beyond reputeStrugganona has a reputation beyond reputeStrugganona has a reputation beyond reputeStrugganona has a reputation beyond reputeStrugganona has a reputation beyond reputeStrugganona has a reputation beyond reputeStrugganona has a reputation beyond reputeStrugganona has a reputation beyond reputeStrugganona has a reputation beyond reputeStrugganona has a reputation beyond reputeStrugganona has a reputation beyond reputeStrugganona has a reputation beyond reputeStrugganona has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 308.10
I think Blain has excellent range..just that natural ability to sing and sound happy doing it..

i miss Bill singing Smoke most of all. He enunciated well, and me, I like that but I also think he made it exciting to get out there and dance. He'd say things between songs, cuz that's what Iroquois do when we dance, we talk to each other and laff mid-song!...u know-laff cuz we're having a good time....like when bvr_woman does ladies dance. She's out there singing her big BLACK heart out ( )...juss giving it! And Im in front of her trying to keep up! yeah-she's cool....
Old 08-18-2009, 02:44 PM   #20
Pow Wow Visitor

chiefrock is an unknown quantity at this point
Bill all the way

ya bill rocked it man....i have no heard anyone else rock it like him yet......come a lil close but nothing like dat dude str8 the F up
chiefrock is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links