Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life Blood Degree for Enrollment Blood Degree for Enrollment

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-08-2012, 02:19 PM   #21
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,056.53
Savings: 0.00
What was your question?
Old 06-11-2012, 06:00 PM   #22
widaisy1982

widaisy1982 has a reputation beyond reputewidaisy1982 has a reputation beyond reputewidaisy1982 has a reputation beyond reputewidaisy1982 has a reputation beyond reputewidaisy1982 has a reputation beyond reputewidaisy1982 has a reputation beyond reputewidaisy1982 has a reputation beyond reputewidaisy1982 has a reputation beyond reputewidaisy1982 has a reputation beyond reputewidaisy1982 has a reputation beyond reputewidaisy1982 has a reputation beyond reputewidaisy1982 has a reputation beyond reputewidaisy1982 has a reputation beyond reputewidaisy1982 has a reputation beyond reputewidaisy1982 has a reputation beyond reputewidaisy1982 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 369.22
where can i look to learn more about my ancestors and traditions i would love to learn more about my family
widaisy1982 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-11-2012, 08:23 PM   #23
crazywolf

crazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 338.47
Savings: 1.00
Boozhoo niijii,

Wow I totally lost track of tis thread. To the last person that posted, it should be important to njote that if you are not enrolld in a tribe you will get no information from them. They do not release any information to non members. Case in point... I had to go to the tribal archives with a death certificate to tell them my mother passed away. Yet because I am not enrolled here they cannot tell me whether or not my own mother is dead. Good for me I know anyway. So allof your research will have to be through either family or government channels (your local historical society for instance).

Nowthen to add more to the thread in general. I have learned that indeed there are people enrolled here at White Earth thhat have zero blood, read totally white or something else other than indian. And these people scoff at people like me that can prove their ancestory. Something aint right when a white person that cares nothing of preserving the traditions and can legally posess eagle feathers and a real descendent tries to learn the language and cant have feathers. Just sayin, the system sucks.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:46 PM   #24
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,056.53
Quote:
Originally Posted by widaisy1982 View Post
where can i look to learn more about my ancestors and traditions i would love to learn more about my family
Yes, you need to learn from your family. Do you have any relatives that will claim you?

Many reservations have museums you can visit.

There are umpteen books written about any given tribe.

You can also visit reservations during celebrations, powwows, and other public doings.

Just don't be pushy, be respectful, and don't expect to be "accepted" just because.

Can I ask why you put "1/4 on the charts"? Some older people remember relatives no matter how "lost".

Last edited by wyo_rose; 06-12-2012 at 04:31 PM..
wyo_rose is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-12-2012, 12:56 PM   #25
Banned

Items Tree
rezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond repute
rezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond reputerezrazed has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 13,536.73
Quote:
Originally Posted by apacheheart View Post
I would rather live in the mainstream where people like me(or not) based on the kind of person I am,not on whether or not an ancestor of mine was a complete a@@h&** back in the day,or because one of my parents is non-NDN,or because I wasn't born in the"RED GHETTO"....KEEP SMILIN'1
Your family is not recognized because an ancestor was and arse whole. Usually it's because they ran to the hills therefore forfeiting their NATIVE status, other times it has to do with a family leaving the reservation/tribal lands for several generations again forfeiting their Native status. There is more to it than what color your skin is and if you have the pigment, and more than just what degree of blood you have. I have 2 children who are 1/2 breeds. 1/2 from one tribe in which they are recognized and tribal eligible for enrollment and all subsidiary benefits allotted to them as to the agreements made between our tribe and the US Government, and according to the other tribe they in which they have the other half of their blood from, they are considered 5/8, don't know where they get that but I'm guessing it's an NDN thing, anyway, they are tribal eligible, as in they are eligible for many of the services that a tribal member can use and or have, but are unable to enroll do to one family members non-enrolled status, lineage is proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, blood quantum's met, but one important member of the family had not enrolled, causing a blockage in membership. See there are many factors that go into it, not just whether or not you're from the "red ghetto" (said with sarcasm) so I guess it's a good thing you live with white people, cause you have their attitude, maybe another reason your tribe won't recognize you.
Just Sayin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo_rose View Post
Yes, you need to learn from your family. Do you have any relatives that will claim you?

Many reservations have museums you can visit.

There are umpteen books written about any given tribe.

You can also visit reservations during celebrations, powwows, and other public doings.

Just don't be pushy, be respectful, and don't expect to be "accepted" just because.

Can I ask why you put "1/4 on the charts"? Some older people remember relatives no matter how "lost".
All great advice, most important is that part in bold italics.

Last edited by wyo_rose; 06-12-2012 at 04:31 PM.. Reason: spelling in my quote lol
rezrazed is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-13-2012, 09:55 PM   #26
widaisy1982

widaisy1982 has a reputation beyond reputewidaisy1982 has a reputation beyond reputewidaisy1982 has a reputation beyond reputewidaisy1982 has a reputation beyond reputewidaisy1982 has a reputation beyond reputewidaisy1982 has a reputation beyond reputewidaisy1982 has a reputation beyond reputewidaisy1982 has a reputation beyond reputewidaisy1982 has a reputation beyond reputewidaisy1982 has a reputation beyond reputewidaisy1982 has a reputation beyond reputewidaisy1982 has a reputation beyond reputewidaisy1982 has a reputation beyond reputewidaisy1982 has a reputation beyond reputewidaisy1982 has a reputation beyond reputewidaisy1982 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 369.22
thanks for all the information i didnt know i had to be recognized by a tribe for information any family member that would know anything has passed away so i guess all can do is accept what i know and continue ti support native american indians issues and pray that things change for the better for all native people and rerazz i do not have white people attitude the part about running fo the hills does make sense because that last information i have gathered is that my grt grt grandfather was one of the cheifs in two kettles band ,the nice part of all this is im blessed to have made some freinds here
widaisy1982 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links