Register Groups Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life Boycott Gibson & Disney Co. racist movie Apoclypto Article 2 Boycott Gibson & Disney Co. racist movie Apoclypto Article 2

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-20-2007, 08:04 AM   #21
Northern Traditional

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Steffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond repute
Steffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond reputeSteffan Redhawk has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 410.00
Savings: 722.45
Considering the fact that vikings just for starters, did not wear horns on their helmets, I would agree!

As for Mel Gibson and his movies, come on... Look at what he's created the past 8 years, he wants us to be in an uproar, he wants the attention.. He wants to do what nobody else is doing, and he wants everyone to complain about it!

I'll see the movie, I'll probably even buy it.. Dunno, but what I do know, is that the Myan culture did sacrafice people, many nations, many tribes have done the same.

I would like to point out one small fact though mainly to anishtradish... Most tribes/nations did adopt, I've heard of very, very few tribes adopting white folk back in the day, but I'm sure it happened, as for saving the day, who knows, it's possible. Many tribes adopted stray kids, and stolen women, I've even heard a few tales about young injured soldiers.

Thats what I need to do >< Steal a few women!

Point is, it's a movie, see it if you want, if you want to continue a silent protest against disney, go ahead, just remember, they're a business out to make money...

Don't you remember, John Wayne killed all the indians... but I don't see you protesting fox, or metro golden-meyer.
MSN: [email protected]
Steffan Redhawk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-20-2007, 09:39 AM   #22
Self-Righteous Injun

Items Treasure ChestPresentTreasure ChestPresent
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 17,963.51
Savings: 1.00
It's just a flick and -- no -- I haven't seen it.

But the idea of a boycott from American Indians is, always, inherently dumb.

Why? 0.5% of the population isn't scaring anybody...

Of course, tons of Native folk are just begging to continue being victims: so folks would B-I-T-C-H even if the movie were PERFECT (which none can ever be).

Incessant whining...
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-20-2007, 12:16 PM   #23
Super Troop

chirapachegurl has a reputation beyond reputechirapachegurl has a reputation beyond reputechirapachegurl has a reputation beyond reputechirapachegurl has a reputation beyond reputechirapachegurl has a reputation beyond reputechirapachegurl has a reputation beyond reputechirapachegurl has a reputation beyond reputechirapachegurl has a reputation beyond reputechirapachegurl has a reputation beyond reputechirapachegurl has a reputation beyond reputechirapachegurl has a reputation beyond reputechirapachegurl has a reputation beyond reputechirapachegurl has a reputation beyond reputechirapachegurl has a reputation beyond reputechirapachegurl has a reputation beyond reputechirapachegurl has a reputation beyond reputechirapachegurl has a reputation beyond reputechirapachegurl has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 813.40
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo_rose View Post
I got it on DVD last week. I'm SO disappointed that I didn't see it in the theater.

Loved the action, the story (for the most part), the set, the COSTUMES or lack of, the language, the actors.

Can't wait to watch it again this weekend!

And yeah, sheesh, it's just a movie, but a pretty darn good one!

I'm there with ya. I watched the movie in theater tho so I got that bonus, lol. As soon as the movie came out on DVD you bet i bought it and i had a copy from blockbuster that i rented and i took that one out the DVD player and put my bought one in and watched it again. I took it with me when i went on a road trip, watched it on the way and watched it again when we got to Oregon visiting the future in-laws. That Rudy Youngblood is a hottie in it despite the crooked bottom teeth. it's ok tho cause so are mine but not as bad. I was amazed with the costumes, all the jade jewelry worn by the men and women in it. My question to that tho was how in the world did they get the jade in their teeth back then?? I also started doing my own Mayan research and watched some clips on History.com these people were mathmaticians, studied the stars, had the worlds most accurate calander. Which brings something to mind but i will post it on the chit-chat forum. But I loved the movie and NA mens tooshies.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:22 PM   #24
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,056.53
Oh, I'm going to history.com now. The Mayan culture is so interesting!!

I like Mathematics and them coming up with the concept of zero is so cool.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:12 PM   #25
Junior Dancer

outershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond repute
outershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,712.26
Quote:
Originally Posted by anishtradish View Post
I liked the movie, and thought gibson did a good job.

I mean if you want to talk bad about an inacurate portrayal of native americans.....go see that new movie that came out not too long ago, pathfinder. About some viking barbarians fighting the natives... then the white boy raised by the natives, ends up saving the day. Not only is it a bad movie from the native perspective... it's also a terrible portrayal of the viking explorers.
oh yes. I cringed when i first saw the commercial....
I don't plan on seeing that either.

I can see I'm in the minority with taking issue to the type of person Mel Gibson is. ( i stopped spending money on him after mad maxx)
but all I can do is what I think is right.
I'm not going to spend money on a racist homophobic **** for his movie of half naked natives no more than I would spend money on a adolph hitler for his art school painitngs....
Old 07-28-2007, 07:59 PM   #26
is lost in reality...

50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where no buffalo roam, but the prairie dogs do.....
Credits: 404.87
Damn! I cannot believe how much people freakin bytch about a MOVIE...one thing I'll point out....IT'S STUPID!!!!....(the b*tching, not the movie).....anyway I took it for it's entertainment value....not much more....and what's wrong with being a homophobe???....men who enjoy another mans wiener should be shot or thrown back in the dam closet!!!...end of story...LOL!!!...and besides I'm pretty sure majority of people are inner racists....I am...I hate muslim fundamentalists, because their views are jacked up....anyway.....

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.
50cal is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-29-2007, 04:46 PM   #27
Self-Righteous Injun

Items Treasure ChestPresentTreasure ChestPresent
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Zeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond reputeZeke has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 17,963.51
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50cal View Post
...and what's wrong with being a homophobe???....men who enjoy another mans wiener should be shot or thrown back in the dam closet!!!...end of story...LOL!!!...and besides I'm pretty sure majority of people are inner racists....I am...
"Wow." Not even worthy of true retort.
Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-30-2007, 02:32 PM   #28
is lost in reality...

50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute50cal has a reputation beyond repute
Location: where no buffalo roam, but the prairie dogs do.....
Credits: 404.87
LOL!!! So why reply then?....wait a minute, I kind a know who you are....yeah you're right not even worthy of a "true retort"...LOL!!!....anyway.....

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.
50cal is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-03-2007, 09:49 AM   #29
Junior Dancer

outershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond repute
outershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond reputeoutershell has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 1,712.26
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50cal View Post
LOL!!! So why reply then?....wait a minute, I kind a know who you are....yeah you're right not even worthy of a "true retort"...LOL!!!....anyway.....
because ignorance, fear, & prejudice is wrong... even if it isn't aimed at your "race/religion/gender/group".

advocating death or violence against someone different than you...just because they're different ....is wrong.
you should know that.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:46 AM   #30
Kimimila

DaCotau has a reputation beyond reputeDaCotau has a reputation beyond reputeDaCotau has a reputation beyond reputeDaCotau has a reputation beyond reputeDaCotau has a reputation beyond reputeDaCotau has a reputation beyond reputeDaCotau has a reputation beyond reputeDaCotau has a reputation beyond reputeDaCotau has a reputation beyond reputeDaCotau has a reputation beyond reputeDaCotau has a reputation beyond reputeDaCotau has a reputation beyond reputeDaCotau has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 613.44
From a purely entertainment perspective I liked the movie. In fact I enjoyed it so much I saw it twice! It is not historically accurate and I did not expect it to be. It is a fictional story based in a specific place and time, nothing more, nothing less. And no I did not find it offensive at all!
Old 08-14-2007, 02:44 PM   #31
Happy Beading Woman

ac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond repute
ac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond reputeac_miss has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 8,645.63
I watched it a couple of weeks after it came out on dvd. I must say that I liked it very much. That lil girl who "had the sickness" was trippy! The setting was very nice and the jokes they played on each other in the movie were funny.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:44 PM   #32
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,056.53
Just saw Pathfinder and I have to say I liked it too! Of course the story line is a little corny, the violence is a little gory, but it's just kinda nice seeing all those native faces in a movie.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:23 AM   #33
Banned

othellobloke is infamous around these parts
Credits: 0.00
People don't watch this movie for material on writing a thesis on Mayan culture. Racist? No it wasn't. It isn't a filmmaker's fault that Mayan culture practised some of the horribly savage things that are seen in the movie. Unless

And whilst I dislike Mel Gibson tremendously, he does have a right to make a living.

People talk about this movie like they did Dances with Wolves. It's far from history, it's not accurate etc yadda yadda. All of that ranting is bollocks!
othellobloke is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-20-2007, 11:06 AM   #34
were home

Items GuitarElephantPresentPresent
Credits: 30,091.23
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute2lineCarrandMorgan has a reputation beyond repute
im slow ,but i just saw the movie last week,it was bloody and hard to see my kids did not see it. i tryed to get my mexican {real} boyfriend to watch and he would not i think it hurt him to see the ppl killed as it did me but i watch it twice.i loveed the story of the ppl that had love for each other.and the way the young man stood and fought with his heart.
i felt bad that i had been to the runins in mexico and did not know more about the life of the ppl that had lived there befor.i felt kind of crepy thinking about it really.my friend that took me there did not tell me much about the killing or how it was built in the first place.ar why it all ended he did tell me somthing about blue flowers and a daughter who merred a king and killed him to save her father a king.and somthing about letting men seed fall to the ground and how deformed chilrden are honnered,{ he is a decendent from them the cloud ppl and he has the wide hips that is a trate from when thay play sport with a rock ball and thay hit it with thier hips] any way i think as far as movies goes.it was worth the 3.50 i spent and got me to thinking,and might have changed some of my out look.