• 2 Post By gilisi
  • 1 Post By Toolbox
  • 1 Post By lbgood
  • 2 Post By Grits & Beans
  • 3 Post By wardancer
  • 1 Post By Grits & Beans
  • 3 Post By lbgood
  • 2 Post By lbgood

Forum Home - Go Back > General > Native Life COBELL deadline for heirs COBELL deadline for heirs

Reply LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-22-2013, 05:20 PM   #1
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,056.53
Savings: 0.00
COBELL deadline for heirs

After attending my mom's probate at the BIA today, got some interesting news. We have until JULY 1, 2013 to get information into the COBELL trust fund proving heirship.

Here's a paragraph from their website:
7. How do I prove that I am an heir to a deceased IIM account holder or individual who owned restricted or trust lands?

A. If you have verified with the Claims Administrator helpline (1-800-691-6109) that the estate you are an heir to is in the Interior's contact data as an eligible Class Member, all you need to do is provide documentation that you are an heir to the estate. A copy of a tribal or state probate order is needed to establish whether the Claims Administrator can pay the heir(s) directly for the estate's Settlement award. If you do not have a tribal or state probate order but a personal representative or executor has been named for the estate, we can disburse funds to the representative or executor and they will be responsible for distributing the funds according to the wishes of the deceased Class Member.

So call that number (they will need the full name, date of birth, social security number and/or tribal enrollment #), and if they're part of the settlement class, then mail in the probate # or court documentation showing estate representation, along with obituary and death certificate, along with the class member's full name, social security number and date of birth.

ONLY send copies, not originals, and include a cover letter with your name (if you're an heir), and social security number to:
Indian Trust Settlement
PO Box 9577
Dublin, OHIO 43017
Old 05-23-2013, 10:55 AM   #2
Ready to dance

wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
ON another note, if you're eligible to receive the trust class settlement of Cobell funds, you should have received a letter by now.

Disbursement will be in August.
LISA IRONMAKER likes this.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:43 AM   #3
Ready to dance

Oh wow, gonna cost me $100 to be appointed by the court to be my mom's estate representative. If we were to just use the probate number, it would be split between the heirs as listed in the probate OR given to the eldest child..I forget what he said.

We need to pay off a big bill at the hospice for my mom, so I'm going to take that upon myself to get the whole lump sum and get that bill taken care of.
windanncer likes this.
Old 05-12-2014, 03:47 PM   #4
Ready to dance

Got a Cobell check in the mail!! But my bank won't cash it! Grrrr...off to the grocery store!
LISA IRONMAKER and windanncer like this.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:50 AM   #5
Pow Wow Committee

gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,631.79
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo_rose View Post
Oh wow, gonna cost me $100 to be appointed by the court to be my mom's estate representative. If we were to just use the probate number, it would be split between the heirs as listed in the probate OR given to the eldest child..I forget what he said.

We need to pay off a big bill at the hospice for my mom, so I'm going to take that upon myself to get the whole lump sum and get that bill taken care of.
That's tough times Miss Rose. Sorry to hear about your mom.
windanncer likes this.

"Show me somethin"
gilisi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-13-2014, 11:43 AM   #6
Ready to dance

Thanks! Much appreciated.

I actually did pay this hospice bill off. They were gonna take me to court and I did not want a judgment on my credit report.

I'd like to use some of this Cobell check to buy her a headstone, and the rest to pay the BIA irrigation bill for the year, which is ridiculously high!

The grocery store may cash this for me, maybe not. If not, I'll find a check cashing service.
Old 05-15-2014, 03:04 AM   #7
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 65,668.19
Savings: 1.00
Glad you got yours. I just read an article on indians.com that said sometime between June and December !

Indianz.Com > Native Sun News: Cobell checks could be delayed to December

I like the one comment "If bill collectors can find them , why can't the Government ! "LOL

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-15-2014, 03:04 AM   #8
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
I guess I better quit holding my breath ! LOL
windanncer likes this.

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 05-15-2014, 12:27 PM   #9
Ready to dance

Yeah, they'll only say "2014" for the trust class payment. If it goes into 2015, I better quit holding my breath as well.

This check took almost 6 months from the time they said they had all the info and it was approved and "in processing".
Old 07-08-2014, 11:02 AM   #10
Ready to dance

Unfortunately , I shared a bogus article on FB that said the 2nd payment has cleared and the process will start in getting the checks out and should be out in July. Such is NOT THE CASE.

After no checks in the mail :( I called the Cobell Indian Trust, and they said the hold up is the court has not approved the 2nd payment. The court has not approved because the Interior Dept has not come up with the final list of folks getting those payments after it was opened up to all heirs. Interior Dept inadequacy is the cause of the lawsuit in general. So they have a independent contractor working on this. I can only imagine the mess there.

The sad fact is, that if the funds (which are not generating interest for the trust) are not distributed in 10 years from the date of the decision, they will be returned to the Treasury Dept.

DO NOT hold your breath!!
windanncer likes this.
Old 07-09-2014, 06:04 PM   #11
LBGOOD2U

Items DevilPresentPresent
lbgood has a reputation beyond repute
lbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 5,007.25
Quote:
Unfortunately , I shared a bogus article on FB that said the 2nd payment has cleared and the process will start in getting the checks out and should be out in July. Such is NOT THE CASE.

After no checks in the mail :( I called the Cobell Indian Trust, and they said the hold up is the court has not approved the 2nd payment. The court has not approved because the Interior Dept has not come up with the final list of folks getting those payments after it was opened up to all heirs. Interior Dept inadequacy is the cause of the lawsuit in general. So they have a independent contractor working on this. I can only imagine the mess there.

The sad fact is, that if the funds (which are not generating interest for the trust) are not distributed in 10 years from the date of the decision, they will be returned to the Treasury Dept.

DO NOT hold your breath!!
Boo Hiss

But thanks for the update!
windanncer likes this.
lbgood is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-12-2014, 12:08 AM   #12
Ready to dance

LB is waiting for his $millions$$!! LOL

"Its my money and I want it NOW!"
windanncer and gilisi like this.
wyo_rose is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-12-2014, 12:55 AM   #13
Pow Wow Committee

gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 63,631.79
Quote:

* El calls JG Wentworth, gets denied *
windanncer and Toolbox like this.

"Show me somethin"
gilisi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-12-2014, 03:45 PM   #14
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 86,538.25
Quote:

EL won't see a drop because he welched on his bail bonds so they will take it all from him. This is EL ->
windanncer likes this.

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-04-2014, 03:13 PM   #15
LBGOOD2U

lbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond reputelbgood has a reputation beyond repute
According to a recent news article on Indianz.com :

The final checks from the $3.4 billion Cobell trust fund settlement are almost ready, according to the parties involved.
The Cobell legal team and the Garden City Group -- the firm that was appointed by the court to administer the settlement -- were waiting on the Interior Department to finalize the data needed for the Trust Administration Class payment. The information was provided by August 30.
The Garden City Group is now validating the information. Once that process is complete, the legal team will seek court approval to distribute the payments, which could happen by the end of September.
"GCG is prepared to commence sending out checks within three weeks as long as the court gives final approval for the Trust Administration Class distribution. We will update the website when the first checks have been mailed," the attorneys said on CobellSettlement.Com.
Once checks are sent out, it will likely take 5 to 7 days for the money to reach beneficiaries, according to the site.
windanncer likes this.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:32 PM   #16
Ugh. As. If.

Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 8,736.96
Then you can buy you some lotion for dem elbows...ashy to classy baby!
windanncer and gilisi like this.
Grits & Beans is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-04-2014, 03:34 PM   #17
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
Then this will be El :

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
Old 09-04-2014, 03:40 PM   #18
Ugh. As. If.

Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Grits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond reputeGrits & Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 8,736.96
*dead*
windanncer likes this.

Last edited by Grits & Beans; 09-04-2014 at 03:43 PM..
Grits & Beans is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-04-2014, 05:04 PM   #19
LBGOOD2U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits & Beans View Post
Then you can buy you some lotion for dem elbows...ashy to classy baby!
That's wut frybread grease is for...
wardancer, windanncer and gilisi like this.
Old 09-04-2014, 05:05 PM   #20
LBGOOD2U

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardancer View Post
Then this will be El :
Hahahaha too funny!
wardancer and windanncer like this.
Sponsored Links